I cannot aim with bow only when crouched using the stealth eye icon please fox this i

1weektodie

Bows have an arc so you will need to aim above your target based on how far away you are. So you could put clear tape on your screen and mark a dot where the crosshairs meet/where guns aim, but that won't help you very much until you learn to arc your arrows. If anything, the eye is more useful as you can use it to judge elevation while aiming.

Added: You would also benefit from finding a Compound Bow, as it has a sight with range finder included. You still need to account for the arc, and the bars of the range finder should help you get used to it.

So you could put clear tape on your screen and mark a dot where the crosshairs meet/where guns aim...

Hehehe. I once played a mod for a shooter that removed the crosshairs. It was such an egregiously bad idea, I used a hole punch on the top of a Post-it note and stuck it to the center of my screen.

Anyway, it sure looks like the yellow ‘stealth bar’ seen in Alpha 17 videos will replace the eyeball icon. So the OP’s concern is probably already addressed.

P.S. A hole punch is also great to make a tiny, barely noticeable cover for your computer’s integrated webcam with black electrical tape.

Or you could practice and practice and practice! If you do - you won't need 'all that' but the compound bow does have a sight! With a regular bow and practice you should get to a +60% accuracy while On The Run!! Upwards of 95% while crouched/standing! Then when you get a compound bow - easy peasy even at RANGE!

In my opinion, I think the current system is really close to perfect. What I would like is the current system of aiming to stay the same when moving or running, but then when you are stationary have some sort of crosshairs. I wish it was more like Mount and Blades crosshairs. As you gain skill in your weapon the crosshairs get closer together and your area of "possibility" shrinks for more accuracy. Keep the arc for distance, but give you a bit better sense of where things will land while stationary.

In my opinion, I think the current system is really close to perfect. What I would like is the current system of aiming to stay the same when moving or running, but then when you are stationary have some sort of crosshairs. I wish it was more like Mount and Blades crosshairs. As you gain skill in your weapon the crosshairs get closer together and your area of "possibility" shrinks for more accuracy. Keep the arc for distance, but give you a bit better sense of where things will land while stationary.

If you like Mount and blade and shooter i suggest to put this on your wishlist and observe it

http://store.steampowered.com/app/773951/Freeman_Guerrilla_Warfare/

Fresh in EA and very promising

Aiming down the shaft of the arrow generally works well though last I actually played I occasionally got a glitch where the bows position or something was out of whack and aiming was next to impossible because my hand was in the way. That said, once you get used to it, its pretty easy to get frequent kill shots on most zeds, the X-bow is even easier since theres little to no drop.

I'm a fan of modding my amunition recipes to produce more in one go or use different materials, (such as paper for fletching), which makes it easy to get some practice in.

Archived