The Devils Eden

Tin

- Main Roads are 2Track Roads (bonus: the center strip is clay) - ..... thats cool!

- Zeds can attract other zeds if allowed to continue to be noisy. - (i would like to zombies began to hear to the cries of other zombies-is it possible?)

These things seemed impossible to me, i will have questions for you ;)

Sounds.xml. You can attach :

heat_map_strength="000" heat_map_time="000"

To certain sounds the zeds and players use together. So if a zed is banging on a block in your area it increases the heat. Let it go long enough it triggers the screamer (or other zeds if your remove the screamer) to come.

example:

<SoundDataNode name="organichitcloth"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_Impact"/>
<Noise ID="1" range="15" volume="7" time="5" muffled_when_crouched="0.5" heat_map_strength="0.01" heat_map_time="900"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/ImpactSurface/organichitcloth1"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/ImpactSurface/organichitcloth2"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/ImpactSurface/organichitcloth3"/>
<LocalCrouchVolumeScale name="0.3"/> <CrouchNoiseScale name="0.5"/> <NoiseScale name="1"/> <MaxVoices name="3"/> <MaxRepeatRate name="0.01"/> </SoundDataNode>

I tried to attach a heat modifier to the zeds actual sounds they make like pain or attack but it didn't work :( But them hitting blocks and that getting played upon impact works.

I tried to attach a heat modifier to the zeds actual sounds they make like pain or attack but it didn't work :( But them hitting blocks and that getting played upon impact works.

...yeah, i have the similar story...

I was trying to add noise parameters to make other zombies turn around when someone sees the player...but, they only heard the noise when someone already beat me.

...yeah, i have the similar story...

I was trying to add noise parameters to make other zombies turn around when someone sees the player...but, they only heard the noise when someone already beat me.

The <property name="AITask-21" value="ApproachSpot"/> deals with what the zeds will respond to as far as noise.

Only issue with it is, the zed will got to the spot you first made the noise at and won't divert if you make another till it reaches that first noise you made. I hope they make it update as noise is being made and then update again if you make another noise. So the entities can alter its path.

Hello again! @Tin Got a new PC, so everything works smoothly, no more stuttering. =D

Spawned in a Burnt biome, moving from wilderness POI to POI, seventh day horde spent defending a small house with a destroyed furnace in it, two floors.

Must say, it was intense and a touch creepy, while not feeling too overwhelming as the spawning zombies were for the most part, very slow - apparently all coming from one direction?

Alas, used up 18 rifle rounds, and about 25 or so pistol rounds, headshots didn't quite seem enough, ended up hiding on the balcony with no wood left to re-enforce or any arrows to kill the last few crawlers that got in upstairs, bad decisions prior. XD

So yes, so far enjoying this, haven't seen a town yet, so there's that too.

The only thing that might bug me is that one group of zeds spawned within 20-30 blocks of me from what I guess is heat-map or such, couldn't spot a screamer however, and not being able to kill them quickly enough, led to a second group of zeds spawning within 20-30 blocks of me, can see them getting up quite close-by, would it be possible to have them spawn much further away?

Hello again! @Tin Got a new PC, so everything works smoothly, no more stuttering. =D

Spawned in a Burnt biome, moving from wilderness POI to POI, seventh day horde spent defending a small house with a destroyed furnace in it, two floors.

Must say, it was intense and a touch creepy, while not feeling too overwhelming as the spawning zombies were for the most part, very slow - apparently all coming from one direction?

Alas, used up 18 rifle rounds, and about 25 or so pistol rounds, headshots didn't quite seem enough, ended up hiding on the balcony with no wood left to re-enforce or any arrows to kill the last few crawlers that got in upstairs, bad decisions prior. XD

So yes, so far enjoying this, haven't seen a town yet, so there's that too.

The only thing that might bug me is that one group of zeds spawned within 20-30 blocks of me from what I guess is heat-map or such, couldn't spot a screamer however, and not being able to kill them quickly enough, led to a second group of zeds spawning within 20-30 blocks of me, can see them getting up quite close-by, would it be possible to have them spawn much further away?

I wish I could, but that's something in the scout mechanic.. atm! who knows what A17 will bring :)

I mean I could but then this mod would be sdx dependent. Not that its a bad thing but I want to keep this eac friendly and those that don't use the launcher, able to play it as well if they choose.

Yeah you won't see screamers but I use the mechanic to bring in zeds (minus sleepers) instead of having them spawn in the wilds.

Hello Tin!

Сan't figure out what the string is doing ?

<property name= "MaxTurnSpeed"value="....

do you know?

It seems that when you change the parameters, visually nothing happens.

It's how fast the entities will turn and pivot.

The higher the number, the faster they will be able to turn.

So if you lower the number, they will turn in more of an arc instead of turning and spinning.

The best way I found to test it out is, set it up so you can fly, spawn a zed and fly around them and watch how fast they can turn trying to follow you.

If you want the zeds to be more agile keep it high in the 300's, you want them to be more lumbering when going around objects turn it down some. you'll really see the difference if you turn down really low, like 80 for an initial test. :)

Thanks!

hmmm..., looks like i need to repeat my research...i guessed, but could not see the result...

Make your zeds run when testing and you'll see it. As you lower the value you'll start to notice that they need to make wider and wider turns.

• 1 month later...

I have a problem, he installed the mod at the base of the game 16.4, everything goes perfect, except that I do not have the big inventory or the big craft tail, is the normal one like vanilla, does anyone know why? Thank you

I have a problem, he installed the mod at the base of the game 16.4, everything goes perfect, except that I do not have the big inventory or the big craft tail, is the normal one like vanilla, does anyone know why? Thank you

The increased inventory is only available if you are using the mod launcher.

Located:The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

And TY for trying the mod out :)

• 4 months later...

Tin

I just looked at a part of a gameplay for Devil's Eden. a guy did 5 hour vid

I have not looked at many of the mods before. Like i said in beginning,

I needed to find myown way,

or what i love to do, to compliment, the modding forum. Now i'm

venturing and viewing. That is a nice Mod. People constantly throw catch

phrases around like replay value. Nah, they got it all wrong, The modders

forum is giving Play value. Period. Keep on going

i have to say im using devils eden on both mac and pc, on pc runs perfect becouse its installed with the mod launcher, on mac i did a manual install *(replacing the game files manually because we computer potatos mac users dont have a freaking launcher)... anyway everithing works fine... every now and then the backpack gets a bug where it seems to be smaller (you can see all the slots but not use them all)... i remember i had the same issue with dying lands and fixed it... but anyway so far the bug can get fixed "in game" if you have that issue just have to fill up the backpack and then empty it. then it gets sorted.

sad but true.

I apologize but, I'm curious as to whether in multiplayer if this is server side only or not?

To experience everything, you should have the files on both the client and the server. The server won't push everything to the client.

Tin hey man, was wondering... plying on the dying lands me and a friend moved 2 traders (since you removed the protection from the traders place) by pushing them all the way to our base, lol, hard work but we had them working at home. would this work the same way on eden? is the same setup?

Tin hey man, was wondering... plying on the dying lands me and a friend moved 2 traders (since you removed the protection from the traders place) by pushing them all the way to our base, lol, hard work but we had them working at home. would this work the same way on eden? is the same setup?

yep, it should.

Haha and nice!

• 4 weeks later...

Tried the mod for the last 2 1/2 hours, and cant say that i like it.

Soon there were 5 zeds following me - it did'nt make a difference if i was hidden or not, they always went in my direction. While they were following me, other zombies joined them. Soon the horde grew bigger and bigger, seemingly multiplying every 5 minutes. I tried it with weapons, but soon no ammo. i tried to get rid of them with spikes, but spikes are much too expensive early on, especially if you have no time to hit trees, because of the insane horde following. leading them to wolves, or other entities was pointless, because while they were fighting the entities (and maybe losing 1 or 2 zeds, 10 more zeds joined the horde....)

Really unplayable.

Shiana: begins like that, then you get used to it, first days are rough, don't run away, they will follow and get bigger horde, use a club, try to engage always as soon as they come, if not more will come. find a place to reload/refresh/heal like a roof, go up, get sorted, go down fight. once you get stablished its easier to keep them in line. if they are a few lead them to the ghouls they will get busy fighting them and you can choose when to engage. its a nasty mod.

Tried the mod for the last 2 1/2 hours, and cant say that i like it.

Soon there were 5 zeds following me - it did'nt make a difference if i was hidden or not, they always went in my direction. While they were following me, other zombies joined them. Soon the horde grew bigger and bigger, seemingly multiplying every 5 minutes. I tried it with weapons, but soon no ammo. i tried to get rid of them with spikes, but spikes are much too expensive early on, especially if you have no time to hit trees, because of the insane horde following. leading them to wolves, or other entities was pointless, because while they were fighting the entities (and maybe losing 1 or 2 zeds, 10 more zeds joined the horde....)

Really unplayable.

No worries. Was never intended to be anything more than a niche mod for the few, instead of the many.

Thanks for trying it out and the feed back.

Edit: Maybe try "The Dying Lands" out. It doesn't have that feel of being under assault at every moment, unless you choose it and once you figure out the triggers. Still has a bit of a learning curve but not as extreme in nature.

Archived