The Devils Eden

Tin

Don't worry Tin, i already have quite a lot of experience with TDL so going into TDE was a bit smoother. My first playthroughs in TDL were rough because i didn't adapt fast enough ;) Just like starting Dark Souls 2 after hundreds of hours in Dark Souls 1, the experience was pretty smooth :)

EDIT: The problems with Mod Launcher have seized... Dunno what was wrong, i can normally pick the mod and play without any other actions needed.

firstly sick mod tin once again great work and second maybe dial down the zombies attracted by sound a tad as i had a hord of 115 first day took me 13 in game hours to clear them god forbid screamer hordes

Yeah, I'm toning it down on how quickly you can attract zeds. Just needs some fine tuning so you get more rest periods a bit more. Brutal is all fine and good but not all the time (imo). Don't need to worry about screamer per say the heat mechanic is what I'm using to get the zeds to spawn in the wilds.

Interesting thing about that is the heat hordes (screamers) have a minimum of 3-4 spawns hard coded minimum.

Hi Tin,

I think the zombies need to be toned down, by Noon I had killed about 100 zombies because they just wouldn't stop coming. I just logged and deleted because it was just endless.

Fine line between "hard" and "not worth it". Just opinion, maybe some people like that sort of thing.

Hi Tin,

I think the zombies need to be toned down, by Noon I had killed about 100 zombies because they just wouldn't stop coming. I just logged and deleted because it was just endless.

Fine line between "hard" and "not worth it". Just opinion, maybe some people like that sort of thing.

Yep I'm pushing another update here shortly. TY for the feedback. :)

Just to let you know you'll always be killing a lot of zeds in this mod but yeah it does need more of a breather in between.

***Update March 22nd 2018***

Tweaked Gamestages.xml Lowered zed populations down in Pois a touch.

Tweaked sounds.xml to allow for more time before zeds can get spawned in the wilds.

For both the launcher and DD in the OP

awesome i had to turn my zed spawning off so i could work on my base :p

Yeah I'm getting ready for another update here shortly on the sounds again. Cut a lot of it in half, was still overly aggressive... growing pains for the mod.

Hi Tin,

I feel your Pain ... I backed into the side of a house and had maybe 10-15 zeds on me. I'll give Tin a chance to turn it down a bit ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

I feel your Pain ... I backed into the side of a house and had maybe 10-15 zeds on me. I'll give Tin a chance to turn it down a bit ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

I just updated it no more than 3 hrs ago xD

Tips:

I can't stress enough is "don't try to play this like it's a vanilla game" even in vanilla you character is pretty strong but not really in this one. You need to grow into being a zed slayer ;)

Sometimes you need spikes: Spikes are very very effective in killing them quickly and or crippling them. Spikes are cheap to make but deal good damage.

Sometimes you just need to run away or lead them to other enemy types or Animals. Run around and group them together. They flail their arms often and damage each other, let them beat up each other a bit. Then finish them using less ammo or energy.

Make kill zones at your fort. Filter them into a smaller area so they accidentally kill each other.

Another thing I can say for certain (if on default) is: That If the zeds doesn't drop with 4 head shots from a bow (with stone arrows and little to no skills accumulated) then you didn't get 4 head shots but hit some other hit box (body/upper arm [L/R]).

***Update 2 ***

Fixed a few things and some spawning issues.

Ghouls spawn less often.

Zombies that can be spawned in the wilds through activity are reduced a touch (should be no more than 5 max per trigger event)

... This should be it for awhile.

Again shouldn't require a full restart (as in a new world) just a log out of the game/server then restart.

what is OP

***Update (part2) March 22 2018***

Another quick pass over the sounds.xml cut many sounds in half that build heat.

Both Launcher and DD updates ty for your patience.

Hi Tin

Thanks for making this mod and the constant updates.

I have played Dying Lands and it was very enjoyable.

When I saw your new mod Devil Eden, I immediately downloaded it and tried on 19th.

Yes the initial version dated 18th Mar was very tough for me, even playing in default Nomad.

I restarted few times and died a dozen, and it was becoming rather frustrating as the spawning was almost non-stop,

as everyone else pointed out.

Thanks for making adjustment and will definitely try it again soon.

Sorry I am new but what does OP*** means in the first page?

I know DD is direct download.

I don't have launcher installed, and the first page DL link still says 18th March.

Please advise and thanks again.

Hmm. I don't think my DD was pointing to the right zip in the op. I've ddbl checked this time and it should be good now :cower:

Sorry about that to those that are using the download link. Fixed.

For those using the launcher all is good!

Hmm. I don't think my DD was pointing to the right zip in the op. I've ddbl checked this time and it should be good now :cower:

Sorry about that to those that are using the download link. Fixed.

For those using the launcher all is good!

Hi Tin

Thanks for fixing the DL link and date description.

Really appreciate it. Will try it out. Thanks!

Hi Tin

Thanks for fixing the DL link and date description.

Really appreciate it. Will try it out. Thanks!

No worries, Let me know if it's still a bit over the top. The sound deal will most likely need more tweaking to get it just right for most players.

To answer your other post: OP = "Opening Post" or "Original Post". :)

Thanks for trying it out and I Hope it can at the least help pass the time till A17 drops.

No worries, Let me know if it's still a bit over the top. The sound deal will most likely need more tweaking to get it just right for most players.

To answer your other post: OP = "Opening Post" or "Original Post". :)

Thanks for trying it out and I Hope it can at the least help pass the time till A17 drops.

Hi Tin

Thanks for clearing up on OP :D

Downloaded and played till day3.

Much more manageable for me now.

At night mostly crawling around try not to make too much noise :p

Sorry to bother you with a question. Some prefab after breaking the door,

it appears to be covered with a wall or something but I can go through it.

In this game it happened at the control room? in a big stadium.

In Dying Land it happened in the hospital and some very tall hollow tower.

Is there any setting I should adjust?

Good day Tin

Hope all is well

I know you want this to be the Main mod .. But I have to honest .. I preferred the Old " Dying Lands with ghouls " before all the other changes _ compared to this.

Yes I understand Noise is a Killer .. but climbing down a ladder can get you killed when sneaking .. you did a great job with everything else .. but I do miss the old road system you had in Dying Lands ..

It's just not as much fun as it was.

The Old saying .. "You can not please all the People all the time" and I guess I fall into that at this time.

Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

- Main Roads are 2Track Roads (bonus: the center strip is clay) - ..... thats cool!

- Zeds can attract other zeds if allowed to continue to be noisy. - (i would like to zombies began to hear to the cries of other zombies-is it possible?)

These things seemed impossible to me, i will have questions for you ;)

Good day Tin

Hope all is well

I know you want this to be the Main mod .. But I have to honest .. I preferred the Old " Dying Lands with ghouls " before all the other changes _ compared to this.

Yes I understand Noise is a Killer .. but climbing down a ladder can get you killed when sneaking .. you did a great job with everything else .. but I do miss the old road system you had in Dying Lands ..

It's just not as much fun as it was.

The Old saying .. "You can not please all the People all the time" and I guess I fall into that at this time.

Have Fun and Enjoy ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

hehe You can still play The Dying Lands. I'm not taking it down :) and it's still an option for ppl to pick.

Archived