Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I'm having issues with looting containers. I'm unsure how to fix it I've tried redownloading the mod and reinstalling the game several times. I am able to pick up things like stones. These are a couple of errors that I'm getting. 
2023-09-14T20:50:10 87.383 ERR LootContainer 'birdNest' unknown

Small point.

Those POI's were also made in A16, where POI's didn't do the "dungeon style" nonsense we have now.

Which is better. Loot should not be all in one end room for your convenience. This isn't an MMO or an RPG like Baldur's Gate or some other nonsense. It's SUPPOSED to be a survival game.

2 hours ago, Adome said:

I'm having issues with looting containers. I'm unsure how to fix it I've tried redownloading the mod and reinstalling the game several times. I am able to pick up things like stones. These are a couple of errors that I'm getting. 
2023-09-14T20:50:10 87.383 ERR LootContainer 'birdNest' unknown

Your loot.xml is borked. Somehow.

Hello Khaine!

I am veteran on 7dtd, with more when 1000 hours of playing by myself, with my wife or with my wife + my son.
Never played with any mods, but my son tried darkness falls and just fall in love to its darkness) So I tried it myself in June and got completely stuck too)

I've started 3 times, on Warrior or Survival difficulty. 2 playthroughs were relaxing runs, i was studying game mechanics and maps. 3rd run was tryhard in snow biome on Survival. I was achieved a lot. And was killed during horde night of 35 day) in truth - i turned the difficulty up to insane, instantly get 890 game stage, and it was kinda suicide))) 6 succubus-matriarchs destroyed my base in seconds, and i could not kill even one of them, because of 40k hp, and, you know, whey are flying and covering each other with beautiful and deadly bodies)))) daemonic behemoths, normal succubi and incubuses are not hard to kill in comparing.

Well, i waned to say thanks to you and your team for amazing work! I was played on version V4.1.2 for alpha 20 and willing to try a 21 alpha and Darkness Falls for it when i will return from business trip.

Now i would like to leave a feedback and report for a few bugs and issues along with a few suggestions you may find interesting. I'm sorry if some of them are no longer relevant.

BUGS:

- the most unpleasant for me - when i was cleaned bunker №1 (reward quest) and scavenging doctor Anna's office - i accidentally took apart several priceless closed laser-tier containers, but i was wrenching different container, empty one, which was standing right next to closed one. And I aimed at the empty one, 100%. I think problem with new items models. At military bunker i had same problem but was prepared of this and looked very careful what exactly am i wrenching)

- sight on legendary weapons don't work at all. The iron sight is not aiming where it should. Modding weapon by red dot, not doing anything. I had a MSgt Porkin's Shotgun. Black sky have same problem.

- sometimes i was stuck with one item from my tool belt in the hands and can't switch it at all. It happened 4-5 times. Once it was during horde night and i was forced to relog and start the horde again.

- overcharged power mode can be put on range laser weapons. But it's a melee mod, according to its description.

ISSUES:

- i don't know if it is a bug, or it is intended, but i can't put more when 6 mods on rocket launcher, just can't find anymore which compatible.

- same problem with power boots, gloves and legs, i've managed to put on 7/8 mods.

- i find a portal key card in a secret stash of Trader Caitlyn BEFORE i completed the quest in military bunker. I was not bought it because i considered it's a glitch. Seems unfair, player have no need to go into it spooky place if he can just buy key card.

SUGGESTIONS:

- first my mastery book of my tryhard playthrough was book of Survivalist. After i read it - i was managed to craft 14 signal flares out of all my stash. After just a half of ingame day - i've collected all other mastery books, and was ready for completionist perk even before 120 lvl. I'm suggesting to not include mastery books in drops called by signal flares.

- for me in super late game, the bottleneck was cloth. I had plenty of everything else. Ofc i could grow gigantic plantation of cotton, but in real life many cloths made from petroleum refinery products (nylon for example), or even from plastic waste. So my suggestion is - to make cloth recipes from oil shale and scrap polymers.

- same for paper, where are many types of paper, made not from wood fibers, mb add a recipe to make paper out of scrap polymers?

- meat and leather from animals not needed in lategame. In lategame i didn't harvest corpses of animals, just have no need. I'm suggesting to make new cooking recipes which will have good buffs and a lot of food, but will require big amount of meat, 100 or more at one dish. For example, "Steak in butter", 100 meats, 2 butters, 2 iron. +3 wellness, +40 food (u can imagine what it's a sheet of foil, under which the dish rests a bit in real life, before serving). For leather - i suggest adding recipe of sewing kit from leather (for example 50) and make it expendable after every item made in sewing worktable.

- i suggest adding in superlate game some items in loot table which can't be crafted and will be more powerful what any of craftables. Laser minigun for example. Ligthsaber. ETC. Not legendary, normal but extremely cool. It's to encourage player to loot after player will have lvl 80 power armor set and 80 lvl laser weapons. I, for example, felt no need to loot even zombie loot bags, because i had everything better what can ever be in these bags.

I was sure what i had more suggestions, but i'm stopping my thinking process, i already write a lot) TY for mod anyway!

P.S. I wanted to add screenshots, but they are not added to the post using the "Insert Image from URL" button. I'll post them here.

https://ibb.co/XW179Nf

https://ibb.co/5Gxdkfp

https://ibb.co/nsH5zyB

https://ibb.co/k9QZwkB

https://ibb.co/gSKFsgF

https://ibb.co/zNpcz3V

https://ibb.co/ws49y05

Edited by IVAN_CYBERPUNK (see edit history)

15 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Small point.

Those POI's were also made in A16, where POI's didn't do the "dungeon style" nonsense we have now.

Which is better. Loot should not be all in one end room for your convenience. This isn't an MMO or an RPG like Baldur's Gate or some other nonsense. It's SUPPOSED to be a survival game.

So, the house I mentioned in my post is from one of previous alphas? If so, I must admit, I didn't know that. I recognised a couple of POIs as the ones from the previous versions because I've watched a lot of let's plays, but never seen that particilar house before.

If that is an official POI from one of the older alphas, I must admit, the developers have become so much better at level designers in the last years. The difference beetween this house and the new POIs from A20 and A21 are night and day.

Hey Quick Question that came up 
Can the Mod be Installed trought the launcher normaly? 
Just asking since looking around i saw posts talking about How apparently the Launcher can Bork up Df kinda badly and the version you guys are Talking about also does not seem to be on it so that would Support that theory? (I am just looking for the Latest stable version Thought)

8 minutes ago, KIsune said:

Just asking since looking around i saw posts talking about How apparently the Launcher can Bork up Df kinda badly and the version you guys are Talking about also does not seem to be on it so that would Support that theory? (I am just looking for the Latest stable version Thought)

The A21 versions of DF are still experimental, which is why they're not on the Mod Launcher. Watch a video on manual installation, it's very easy tbh.

9 hours ago, IVAN_CYBERPUNK said:

Hello Khaine!

I am veteran on 7dtd, with more when 1000 hours of playing by myself, with my wife or with my wife + my son.
Never played with any mods, but my son tried darkness falls and just fall in love to its darkness) So I tried it myself in June and got completely stuck too)

I've started 3 times, on Warrior or Survival difficulty. 2 playthroughs were relaxing runs, i was studying game mechanics and maps. 3rd run was tryhard in snow biome on Survival. I was achieved a lot. And was killed during horde night of 35 day) in truth - i turned the difficulty up to insane, instantly get 890 game stage, and it was kinda suicide))) 6 succubus-matriarchs destroyed my base in seconds, and i could not kill even one of them, because of 40k hp, and, you know, whey are flying and covering each other with beautiful and deadly bodies)))) daemonic behemoths, normal succubi and incubuses are not hard to kill in comparing.

Well, i waned to say thanks to you and your team for amazing work! I was played on version V4.1.2 for alpha 20 and willing to try a 21 alpha and Darkness Falls for it when i will return from business trip.

Now i would like to leave a feedback and report for a few bugs and issues along with a few suggestions you may find interesting. I'm sorry if some of them are no longer relevant.

BUGS:

- the most unpleasant for me - when i was cleaned bunker №1 (reward quest) and scavenging doctor Anna's office - i accidentally took apart several priceless closed laser-tier containers, but i was wrenching different container, empty one, which was standing right next to closed one. And I aimed at the empty one, 100%. I think problem with new items models. At military bunker i had same problem but was prepared of this and looked very careful what exactly am i wrenching)

- sight on legendary weapons don't work at all. The iron sight is not aiming where it should. Modding weapon by red dot, not doing anything. I had a MSgt Porkin's Shotgun. Black sky have same problem.

- sometimes i was stuck with one item from my tool belt in the hands and can't switch it at all. It happened 4-5 times. Once it was during horde night and i was forced to relog and start the horde again.

- overcharged power mode can be put on range laser weapons. But it's a melee mod, according to its description.

ISSUES:

- i don't know if it is a bug, or it is intended, but i can't put more when 6 mods on rocket launcher, just can't find anymore which compatible.

- same problem with power boots, gloves and legs, i've managed to put on 7/8 mods.

- i find a portal key card in a secret stash of Trader Caitlyn BEFORE i completed the quest in military bunker. I was not bought it because i considered it's a glitch. Seems unfair, player have no need to go into it spooky place if he can just buy key card.

SUGGESTIONS:

- first my mastery book of my tryhard playthrough was book of Survivalist. After i read it - i was managed to craft 14 signal flares out of all my stash. After just a half of ingame day - i've collected all other mastery books, and was ready for completionist perk even before 120 lvl. I'm suggesting to not include mastery books in drops called by signal flares.

- for me in super late game, the bottleneck was cloth. I had plenty of everything else. Ofc i could grow gigantic plantation of cotton, but in real life many cloths made from petroleum refinery products (nylon for example), or even from plastic waste. So my suggestion is - to make cloth recipes from oil shale and scrap polymers.

- same for paper, where are many types of paper, made not from wood fibers, mb add a recipe to make paper out of scrap polymers?

- meat and leather from animals not needed in lategame. In lategame i didn't harvest corpses of animals, just have no need. I'm suggesting to make new cooking recipes which will have good buffs and a lot of food, but will require big amount of meat, 100 or more at one dish. For example, "Steak in butter", 100 meats, 2 butters, 2 iron. +3 wellness, +40 food (u can imagine what it's a sheet of foil, under which the dish rests a bit in real life, before serving). For leather - i suggest adding recipe of sewing kit from leather (for example 50) and make it expendable after every item made in sewing worktable.

- i suggest adding in superlate game some items in loot table which can't be crafted and will be more powerful what any of craftables. Laser minigun for example. Ligthsaber. ETC. Not legendary, normal but extremely cool. It's to encourage player to loot after player will have lvl 80 power armor set and 80 lvl laser weapons. I, for example, felt no need to loot even zombie loot bags, because i had everything better what can ever be in these bags.

I was sure what i had more suggestions, but i'm stopping my thinking process, i already write a lot) TY for mod anyway!

P.S. I wanted to add screenshots, but they are not added to the post using the "Insert Image from URL" button. I'll post them here.

https://ibb.co/XW179Nf

https://ibb.co/5Gxdkfp

https://ibb.co/nsH5zyB

https://ibb.co/k9QZwkB

https://ibb.co/gSKFsgF

https://ibb.co/zNpcz3V

https://ibb.co/ws49y05

Bugs.

1) I have not had this issue. Just make sure you don't have an interact prompt on the container before you wrench.
2) I KNOW this was fixed because I spent hours in unity lining everything up and then KySoto spent hours fixing it all with XML in one of the A21 experimental releases. So, if you're on A20, wait, and if you're on A21, update.
3) Not had this one. The SELECTION box gets stuck but it still switches. You just have to go back to the "selected" item and back again. So this is not reproducable.
4) That'll be a bad tag. Will fix it.

Issues.

1) Rocket launcher is fine with 6. It's a T3 weapon, and that's still more slots than vanilla.
2) Not sure how this is an issue? Power armor caps at 8 mods depending on quality tier.
3) This is intended. It's also very expensive.

Suggestions.

1) It's always been like that and players like it, so no.
2) Then make a cotton farm?
3) Paper is stupidly easy to get and you can make it out of plant fiber. I'm not adding another recipe. It's not needed.
4) We already added a recipe to make glue from animal hide. I'm not adding more food with stupidly OP buffs.
5) ...you mean like the Laser M60 which is found only in the bunker?

3 hours ago, ZykovEddy said:

So, the house I mentioned in my post is from one of previous alphas? If so, I must admit, I didn't know that. I recognised a couple of POIs as the ones from the previous versions because I've watched a lot of let's plays, but never seen that particilar house before.

If that is an official POI from one of the older alphas, I must admit, the developers have become so much better at level designers in the last years. The difference beetween this house and the new POIs from A20 and A21 are night and day.

No. That house is an A16 CompoPack house, and was designed the same way as vanilla A16 POI's were at the time.

2 hours ago, KIsune said:

The A20 version can. The A21 one can't.

However you should stop relying on the mod launcher and manually install it because it's just a support headache.

10 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

No. That house is an A16 CompoPack house, and was designed the same way as vanilla A16 POI's were at the time.

May I ask, why is this house, and other fanmade POIs of similar quality, are included in the mod?

You can see from the screenshots, it almost looks like a child's first attempt at level design, almost like it was made in a day or two in creative mode. Gameplay wise no better. It does look like something that doesn't belong in a well regarded, professional mod like DF. Is it for nostalgic purposes, or maybe I'm wrong and this house is concidered good quality nowadays? It just looks so jarring compared to other, very well made POIs that are included.

8 minutes ago, Vortex said:

I have the same issue as Adome, something related to loot.xml (2023-09-14T20:50:10 87.383 ERR LootContainer 'birdNest' unknown), my game version is the latest and i really want to play DF, how do i fix this?

A problem with A21.2, maybe? Khaine has said they won't be moving DF to A21.2 until there's a stable release of it, so better use A21.1 for now.

Edit: I don't know for certain that will fix it, but I'm using A21.1 with B22 and I've never seen that problem, so it seems likely.

Edited by Similar (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Similar said:

A problem with A21.2, maybe? Khaine has said they won't be moving DF to A21.2 until there's a stable release of it, so better use A21.1 for now.

Edit: I don't know for certain that will fix it, but I'm using A21.1 with B22 and I've never seen that problem, so it seems likely.

ohhh, okay but how do i download A21.1?

6 minutes ago, Vortex said:

ohhh, okay but how do i download A21.1?

Right-click on 7DtD in your Steam library, choose Properties, then Betas and select Alpha 21.1 Stable from the pulldown menu.

It's possible it's a good idea to uninstall the game first, to get a clean install.

I run DF A21 from a copy of the 7DtD install (and DF A20 from another copy). That way I don't have to worry about it auto-updating and such.

Edited by Similar (see edit history)

I did. I was trred.

Ok you horrible lot, Build 23 is ready! Due to POI fixes, you WILL need a new save unless you know how to reset regions properly. As per previous build, A21.1 only.

Regarding stable release, we tried the mod on A21.2 experiemental, and it broke HARD. So we're going to wait for A21.2 to go stable, then release DF as stable. Means we don't need to worry about pushing an update just for that, and gives us time to work on more polish. :)

DF-V5.0.0-DEV-B23

- Updated SCore for some bug fixes.
- (Dayuppy) Fixed the faster build speed not working in multiplayer.
- (IDC) Updated the patch for the MP respawn bug.
- (IDC) Updated the custom game options mod for wandering horde/screamer zombies on main menu.
- (IDC) Fixed zombies spinning FORWARDS when they take a stun, and getting free hits on the player.
- (Myth) Fixed many PEP POI's. Full changelog is in the PEP folder.
- Fixed the chairs/tables/lockers/etc in both bunkers and Anna's house having incorrect tag for harvesting. They should now benefit from using a wrench (or equivalent) and salvage operations perk.
- Fixed incorrect tags on military stealth armor which meant some mods couldn't be installed.
- Fixed incorrect display duration on red tea and many other foods/drinks.
- Fixed Signal Flare not spawning supply crates and friends.
- Fixed Buried Treasure quests failing due to the treasure chest inheriting lockpicking code from another block.
- Fixed small bunker having no zombies on reset.
- (TobiC) Added new main menu image and logo.

- (IDC) Added a patch that allows crossbows to take magazine mods properly.
- (IDC) Added new trader protection that allows building/repairing within the trader.
- (IDC) Added a patch that mostly prevents zombies spawning inside traders.
- (Myth) Added Scouts Mod for screamers and their brood.
- Added new fruit trees that downgrade on harvest. These will ONLY be for player planted crops, not wild fruit trees.
- Added Drum Magazine back to the game as a T2 mod that can stack with other magazine extender mods.
- Added Crossbow Autoloader mod. Increases magazine size from 1 to 5.
- Added wandering horde mod into base DF and removed the unnecessary folder.
- Removed increased harvest amount from fruit trees as player planted ones can now downgrade again.
- Changed animation controller for Scout and Anna to the one the scarecrow uses as it should stop them moving around like some kind of possessed demon.
- Changed Beehives and Chicken Coops to use IDC's new code so they're easier to "fuel" and get produce from.
- Moved scout in Hugh's, Bob's, Rekt's and Joel's POI's AGAIN so players can double up on quests and hopefully not have the scouts randomly fall through walls.
- Doubled up ceiling on floors 2 and 3 in the lab bunker as this helps prevent a vanilla LOS bug with ranged zombies.

KNOWN ISSUES.

- Localization as per usual. Please post anything that seems odd or is missing.
- Loot is sort-of done so look for anything odd (other than zombies, as noted above).
- Some blocks may not show HP when damaged. If these are NOT vanilla, please tell me because I know how to fix it.

Main Download: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B23.zip (you may need to copy and paste this)
Backup Download 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FNwtOLNv9Fd8JyG-RMAPTPOsDEQZsfWw/view?usp=sharing
Backup Download 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YUxj2eg10x8BlGTYN__CPR8JlFBk_Y57/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

- Fixed the chairs/tables/lockers/etc in both bunkers and Anna's house having incorrect tag for harvesting. They should now benefit from using a wrench (or equivalent) and salvage operations perk.

I only get two leather from the chairs now when wrenching them (without Salvage Operations). Maybe you end up with the full resources (titanium, etc.) with maxed Salvage?

- Fixed Buried Treasure quests failing due to the treasure chest inheriting lockpicking code from another block.

Very nice. And I noticed that you also get valuables when you lockpick them now (previously you only got those when you broke the chest, but you got more items when you lockpicked. Which made it a bit hard to choose).

- Fixed small bunker having no zombies on reset.

woo. Must have felt good to finally find a fix for that.

I'm only on day 3 so far, but I did notice I had 63 glue at the end of day 1, much from the construction crates in Hugh's compound, but also from random junk, and I hadn't done any POIs (aside from Anna's). I'm not complaining, but it might be a bit more than intended.

Thank you for making the great mod!
I was playing Darkness Falls B23 (and also B21 and B22) with A21.1 B16 on Mac and I found a bug.

Textures of building blocks are black as shown in the following link.

https://ibb.co/9g15Ynd

The textures are still black when I upgrade building blocks to cobble stone blocks.

Actually, I also found this bug when I playing the other mod, and therefore this bug might be

caused by mods other than Darkness Falls core mods.

Textures of building blocks are normal when I am playing original A21.1 B16 on Mac.

Greetings,

Small question: In the past I really enjoyed DF together with the sorcery mod. Since the later has been updated to 21 and claims to not change anything on the base game might it be possible to run both together already? (The sorcery mod comes with a seperate mod folder for deep pockets that I wouldn´t use).

Thanks and keep up the good work

@KhaineGB Just setup a B23 server to test out, Having trouble loading in, seems to be stuck on loading UI

WRN XML patch for "XUi_Menu/windows.xml" from mod "DarknessFallsCore" did not apply: <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='newContinueGame']/rect[@name='tabs']/rect[@name='tabsContents']/rect[@tab_key='xuiGameSettingsBasic']/grid[@pos='6,-40']/gameoption[@name='XPMultiplier']/@values"  (line 17 at pos 3)

on Alpha 21.2 (b14).

Any Ideas of what im doing wrong?

Russifier for v5.0.0-DEV-B22
Translation accuracy may not be perfect
Installation:
Move Localization.txt files to respective dirs in "Mods" dir

Русификатор для версии v5.0.0-DEV-B22
Точность перевода может быть не идеальна
Установка:
Переместить файлы Localization.txt в соответствующие папки в папке "Mods"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ch_T923RzqI1WFImAN4TQ_3ooqaq1VeH/view?usp=sharing

Hi,

ive noticed that crafting from container is not working anymore :(

found this in log file:

xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowLooting']//rect[@controller='ContainerStandardControls']">
  <button depth="3" name="btnBroadcast" sprite="ui_game_symbol_bc" tooltip_key="xuiPinGrab" pos="154, -22" pivot="center" style="icon32px, press, hover" visible="{broadcastManager}" defaultcolor="[white]" selectedcolor="[disabledColor]" sound="[paging_click]" controller="BroadcastButton, SCore" />
</append> (line 12 at pos 4)

ive maid clean install with new game and it didnt help.

regards,

fader

Can anyone help me out?

Ive deleted and reinstalled 7days few times now everytime i load up 7days with the df mod i always get to the screen "loading ui" and nothing ever happens. I let it sit at that screen for about 3 hours to see if it would possibly load up, unfortunately it never did.

Does anyone have any tips or solutions.

do i need to re download the game once i opt out

32 minutes ago, Spoot said:

Hey, huntersw, I would bet that you are on Apha 21.2, which is unsupported by Darkness Falls. If you opt out of the beta in Steam, it should put you back at 21.1.

The IDCCore stuff fights with the UI in 21.2. Ask me how I know ;)