Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

17 hours ago, thedoctor122570 said:

Hello Khaine (and the rest as well)! First off, let me say how much I am enjoying the mod, thus far. In truth, it brought me back to 7DTD A21 after seeing Cap00 playing through it, and I decided I'd give it a go. I did have a question, though, if I may. Often times I will let the night pass without being at my system. I don't explore /build a lot at night, and frankly it gives me a chance to get up, walk around, etc and so I use it to simulate sleeping in the game. My question is: is there a way to restore the sound you hear at 4AM? I used that as my way to come back and begin the day, but I have noticed that it's gone in DF. If there is, I would greatly appreciate a heads up as to how it can be done. Thank you! 😊

No. It's because i'm using the built in twitch integration to hide the time. It also removes the sound.

I asked prime if that was intended and was told yes.

12 minutes ago, misaki2p said:

If a player or zombie is set on fire, the flame graphic will not disappear even if you use a drink to extinguish the fire, die, or the flame duration ends.

Is this by spec or is it due to vanilla specs?

By the way, reloading the game fixes it.

I'm actually seeing the opposite... when a zed is put on fire (burst gas pipe) the flame envelopment graphic disappears after about one second.  They're still taking the small amounts of flame damage for the duration, but there is no visual cue.  Other flame proc's like burning shaft mod all seem to act and appear as normal.  Not a problem - no fix needed, just an fyi

/still looking for a way to undo FPF's gas pipe flame nerf 😕

2 hours ago, Lumpus said:

I'm actually seeing the opposite... when a zed is put on fire (burst gas pipe) the flame envelopment graphic disappears after about one second.  They're still taking the small amounts of flame damage for the duration, but there is no visual cue.  Other flame proc's like burning shaft mod all seem to act and appear as normal.  Not a problem - no fix needed, just an fyi

/still looking for a way to undo FPF's gas pipe flame nerf 😕

It seems that my personal environment is the cause.
Let's organize the environment again.

thank you.
Edited by misaki2p (see edit history)

15 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

No. It's because i'm using the built in twitch integration to hide the time. It also removes the sound.

I asked prime if that was intended and was told yes.

I understand! Thank you for the response, Khaine, and for checking on that for me. That was very kind of you. Well, guess I'll do it the old fashioned way and watch the sun until such time as I can get some other kind of time telling device in a legitimate fashion. 😊

Darkness Falls A21.1 (b16) workbench requirements met but not unlocking
I am high enough player level, tool crafting, and I am the Laborer Class and it is still showing a red check mark. I have no debuffs either.
The same problem is also happening for the The Forged Ahead. Forge is unlocked, but the BIg Forge has a red check (can still craft it though). Not sure about advanced forge as I am not level 30 to meet that requirement.

4 minutes ago, RorschachBC007 said:
Darkness Falls A21.1 (b16) workbench requirements met but not unlocking
I am high enough player level, tool crafting, and I am the Laborer Class and it is still showing a red check mark. I have no debuffs either.
The same problem is also happening for the The Forged Ahead. Forge is unlocked, but the BIg Forge has a red check (can still craft it though). Not sure about advanced forge as I am not level 30 to meet that requirement.

Then try reading your CLASS perks.

Hey.  Just a quick question.  I've got my tool crafting skill at level 3 (can craft level 31 tools).  I also have my labourer class which adds 10 to level of mining tools.

So, I can craft a level 41 pickaxe.  But, if I repair it, it drops down 5 levels.

Is the labourer class not considered when  repairing the tool?

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Fisher said:

Hey.  Just a quick question.  I've got my tool crafting skill at level 3 (can craft level 31 tools).  I also have my labourer class which adds 10 to level of mining tools.

So, I can craft a level 41 pickaxe.  But, if I repair it, it drops down 5 levels.

Is the labourer class not considered when  repairing the tool?

Thanks.

Nope, It never has counted craft/have multiples and combine them in the workbench to repair. I have a box called tools that contains every looted/crafted tool I'm using. If I'm on scrap tools it has scrap tools, If I'm on iron tools it has iron tools and the scrap ones get scrapped. If you go out mining carry multiples with you and just swap them out before they break.

Hello yesterday i downloaded the B26 version of DF, and started getting NullReferenceException at the begining, cleared my old saves, generated worlds, reinstalled game without mod everything was fine when i put the mode in same again, created new game again and again same, but then it spawned me somewhere else in the city, suddenly no Null poping out, i went to forest biom and them *bum* again, and i found this in my log :

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroupList (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] grpList, GameRandom random) [0x0003e] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at EntityGroups.GetRandomFromGroup (System.String _sEntityGroupName, System.Int32& lastClassId, GameRandom random) [0x00026] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) SpawnManagerBiomes.DMD<SpawnManagerBiomes::SpawnUpdate>(SpawnManagerBiomes,string,bool,ChunkAreaBiomeSpawnData)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) SpawnManagerBiomes.DMD<SpawnManagerBiomes::Update>(SpawnManagerBiomes,string,bool,object)
  at World.OnUpdateTick (System.Single _partialTicks, System.ArraySegment`1[T] _activeChunks) [0x001e6] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00073] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00331] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <d7dcfa4979674f179c13273f8b30b551>:0 

Currently downloading B25 to try if its going to work.

i also get this 2 red errors

WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "DarknessFallsCore" did not apply: <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieFatHawaiianRadiated']/property[@name='HandItem']/@value"  (line 1880 at pos 3)

WRN XML patch for "entityclasses.xml" from mod "DarknessFallsCore" did not apply: <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieFemaleFatRadiated']/property[@name='HandItem']/@value"  (line 2193 at pos 3)

7 hours ago, AidenX said:

Hello yesterday i downloaded the B26 version of DF, and started getting NullReferenceException at the begining, cleared my old saves, generated worlds, reinstalled game without mod everything was fine when i put the mode in same again, created new game again and again same, but then it spawned me somewhere else in the city, suddenly no Null poping out, i went to forest biom and them *bum* again, and i found this in my log :

Are you using A21.1(b16)? DF doesn't work with A21.2.

Also not quite clear on whether you generated a world before you installed the mod. If so, that won't work (at least not very well).

Not sure if it's just me, so is anybody else having problems finding green keycards?

I'm on day 28 (120m) or so in B26, level 57, and I have 22 blue keycards, 12 red and I've had 4 green in all (it was about the same ratio in a game in an earlier version).

I've looted 2 x Anna and 2 x military bunker, and got no green cards from any containers in those places, just blue and red. All the green cards have been from zombie drops.

Nearly failed the actual military bunker run because I only had one green card left when I did it (due to being greedy and curious, but still), but a zombie dropped another down there. In B24 (I think), I did fail it because I ran out of cards (I only unlock the two necessary doors down there, of course).

Now it's been ... 12 or so days since I did the bunker and I've had no green cards in that time.

Kind of wondering if the cards are affected by loot stage, so that having maxed Quality Joe and Wasteland Treasures actually makes green cards rarer (i.e. the chance of getting greens would be higher on lower loot stages). I did wait until I had both maxed before I did Anna and the bunker.

I am probably also screwing myself over a bit in this respect by playing with blood moons off, so I get fewer drops, but the ratio of card types does seem to suggest green cards are just very rare.

1 hour ago, Similar said:

Not sure if it's just me, so is anybody else having problems finding green keycards?

I'm on day 28 (120m) or so in B26, level 57, and I have 22 blue keycards, 12 red and I've had 4 green in all (it was about the same ratio in a game in an earlier version).

I've looted 2 x Anna and 2 x military bunker, and got no green cards from any containers in those places, just blue and red. All the green cards have been from zombie drops.

Nearly failed the actual military bunker run because I only had one green card left when I did it (due to being greedy and curious, but still), but a zombie dropped another down there. In B24 (I think), I did fail it because I ran out of cards (I only unlock the two necessary doors down there, of course).

Now it's been ... 12 or so days since I did the bunker and I've had no green cards in that time.

Kind of wondering if the cards are affected by loot stage, so that having maxed Quality Joe and Wasteland Treasures actually makes green cards rarer (i.e. the chance of getting greens would be higher on lower loot stages). I did wait until I had both maxed before I did Anna and the bunker.

I am probably also screwing myself over a bit in this respect by playing with blood moons off, so I get fewer drops, but the ratio of card types does seem to suggest green cards are just very rare.

I've managed to get about 5 green keycards within in 12 days, and a blue one no perks or books read just drop from researchers, normally via a wondering horde

34 minutes ago, lady_reaper87 said:

I've managed to get about 5 green keycards within in 12 days, and a blue one no perks or books read just drop from researchers, normally via a wondering horde

Thanks. Maybe that is the only way to get them in V5.

I started a new game, teleported to 2 x Anna's and to one military bunker and ended up with 11 red and 11 blue cards, no greens. No perks at all.

hm. But then, aside from in the bunker, I'm not seeing any special zombies yet in my actual game. Maybe those drop more green cards (though, the ones in the bunker in my test game didn't drop any and one dropped 500 demonic essence, so that was certainly special enough. Granted, there aren't many zombies down there in B26).

Hello.

I've been playing Darkness Falls a lot lately, and I have three suggestions/criticisms:

1.Doctor Anna's POI is very OP to find early. It almost breaks the game.

Anna's place has futuristic desks that player can search, and they basically contain almost end-game stage loot, even when searching them at level 0. The player is very likely to find laser tool there, which makes a lot of tools early game obsolete. This, in my opinion, is an oversight, and it could easily be fixed by locking Anna's bunker by a door that requires an access card to open. That way at least the player has to work to obtain the card before entering the POI, which ain't easy early game.

2.Vitamins not preventing food poisoning make no sense and is essentialy a beginner's trap.

When starting my second playthrough in DF, I noticed that hunger is a very huge problem. Since the player can easily die of hunger, I decided to go for my classic strategy from vanilla. I took the vitamins, since it said in the description that it prevents 100% diseases, and food poisoning is obviously a disease. It also states that it prevents dysentery - isn't that food poisoning...? Well, anyway, I got food poisoning from basic food items almost right away, and my food bar dropped to zero. I almost died.

I've seen multiple youtubers falling for this trap in the beginning of their playthrough, including GNaS. In my opinion, this is an oversight from the developer and not fault of the beginner players. If a game mechanic requires trial and error for the players to learn how it works, it's a terrible game mechanic.

It can be fixed two ways. Either make vitamins actually prevent food poisoning, like in vanilla, or put a warning for the players that vitamins do not prevent food poisoning. Maybe write that in their description. That way at least the player will know right away.

3.Demo's explosion blast is way OP.

I've noticed that demo's explosion was made much more devastating in this mod compared to vanilla. Fair enough, more challenge is good. Although it was very annoying dying early on from the blast on blood moons, having little time to react, I was hoping that the problem will go away once I get a better set of armor and protect my base with stronger blocks.

I was wrong. It didn't help a bit. Last blood moon I was wearing all steel armor (with a few mods that increase explosion resistance) and was protected with steel blocks on all sides, but it didn't change a thing. A demo was standing near the blocks on the other side and the alarm went off (which in itself was weird, because I didn't shoot the button and there were no turrets or traps to make it go off, wtf?), and I had very little time to react. I ran away, and from the distance of 4-5 blocks, the blast still killed me in one hit. This makes zero sense. I should also mention that I was playing on nomad difficulty.

In my opinion, this makes blood moons a game of chance. Let me tell you, it's very annoying, having lived 30 days and not dying once, and dying to a demo explosion while wearing good armor and being protected by steel blocks from all sides. And also not being the one who set off the damn button. I had tons of fun dealing with blood moon hoardes up to this point. Now I'm not so sure. I hate the game of luck. This is simply cruel, and not challenging at all.

Is there a game file which I can edit to tone down the amount of damage by demo's explosion? I wanna make the game fair at least. Many thanks in advance.

Edited by ZykovEddy (see edit history)

23 hours ago, DonPedro said:

Do dyes serve any purpose anymore??  So used to saving them up, but looks like those days are over?

Mostly just customization.

7 hours ago, Similar said:

I did  tweak some loot in one of the later versions and people seem to be doing fine now.

4 hours ago, ZykovEddy said:

Hello.

I've been playing Darkness Falls a lot lately, and I have three suggestions/criticisms:

1.Doctor Anna's POI is very OP to find early. It almost breaks the game.

Anna's place has futuristic desks that player can search, and they basically contain almost end-game stage loot, even when searching them at level 0. The player is very likely to find laser tool there, which makes a lot of tools early game obsolete. This, in my opinion, is an oversight, and it could easily be fixed by locking Anna's bunker by a door that requires an access card to open. That way at least the player has to work to obtain the card before entering the POI, which ain't easy early game.

2.Vitamins not preventing food poisoning make no sense and is essentialy a beginner's trap.

When starting my second playthrough in DF, I noticed that hunger is a very huge problem. Since the player can easily die of hunger, I decided to go for my classic strategy from vanilla. I took the vitamins, since it said in the description that it prevents 100% diseases, and food poisoning is obviously a disease. It also states that it prevents dysentery - isn't that food poisoning...? Well, anyway, I got food poisoning from basic food items almost right away, and my food bar dropped to zero. I almost died.

I've seen multiple youtubers falling for this trap in the beginning of their playthrough, including GNaS. In my opinion, this is an oversight from the developer and not fault of the beginner players. If a game mechanic requires trial and error for the players to learn how it works, it's a terrible game mechanic.

It can be fixed two ways. Either make vitamins actually prevent food poisoning, like in vanilla, or put a warning for the players that vitamins do not prevent food poisoning. Maybe write that in their description. That way at least the player will know right away.

3.Demo's explosion blast is way OP.

I've noticed that demo's explosion was made much more devastating in this mod compared to vanilla. Fair enough, more challenge is good. Although it was very annoying dying early on from the blast on blood moons, having little time to react, I was hoping that the problem will go away once I get a better set of armor and protect my base with stronger blocks.

I was wrong. It didn't help a bit. Last blood moon I was wearing all steel armor (with a few mods that increase explosion resistance) and was protected with steel blocks on all sides, but it didn't change a thing. A demo was standing near the blocks on the other side and the alarm went off (which in itself was weird, because I didn't shoot the button and there were no turrets or traps to make it go off, wtf?), and I had very little time to react. I ran away, and from the distance of 4-5 blocks, the blast still killed me in one hit. This makes zero sense. I should also mention that I was playing on nomad difficulty.

In my opinion, this makes blood moons a game of chance. Let me tell you, it's very annoying, having lived 30 days and not dying once, and dying to a demo explosion while wearing good armor and being protected by steel blocks from all sides. And also not being the one who set off the damn button. I had tons of fun dealing with blood moon hoardes up to this point. Now I'm not so sure. I hate the game of luck. This is simply cruel, and not challenging at all.

Is there a game file which I can edit to tone down the amount of damage by demo's explosion? I wanna make the game fair at least. Many thanks in advance.

1) Already considering it since the double doors are technically... the BLUE ones... I think.

2) Vitamins don't protect you against food poisoning IRL either. Stop complaining. Cook your food.

3) The demo IS NOT adjusted. At all. What YOU ran into was a Mutated Demo. Maybe don't touch it's nono button? SIde note to this. If you had a junk turret, they DO set off demo's. I can't fix that.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Green key cards drop for me in the day 7 horde. Granted, there are mostly blue, but I get enough green to get where I need to go.

I enjoy the unbalanced nature of Darkness Falls. It adds to the replay-ability, as it is different each time.

55 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Mostly just customization.

I did  tweak some loot in one of the later versions and people seem to be doing fine now.

1) Already considering it since the double doors are technically... the BLUE ones... I think.

2) Vitamins don't protect you against food poisoning IRL either. Stop complaining. Cook your food.

3) The demo IS NOT adjusted. At all. What YOU ran into was a Mutated Demo. Maybe don't touch it's nono button? SIde note to this. If you had a junk turret, they DO set off demo's. I can't fix that.

1.Good thinking!

2.There are no zombies IRL either.
It's a game. Games have specific rules. In this case, the player is tricked into believing that if vitamins are used, then eating uncooked food will not result in food poisoning.
Especially if the player used that mechanic extensively in vanilla, and in DF, the description of vitamins seems very similar to that, if not unchanged.

Just change the description. Or find another way to warn the player. Beginner traps aren't fun or good game design, and this one can be easily avoided.

3.I didn't shoot the button. The alarm went off when demo was out of my sight, I didn't even see the explosion. I wasn't even shooting at anybody at that moment. I didn't use any kind of turret or trap either.