Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

So i'm on B25 and a NullReferenceException keeps popping up making it that I cannot play the game this has happened consistently on day 11, I've verified the integrity of files, recopied the mod folder even redownloaded it and used that one just in case but its continuing to do it 😭

I also used the NRE fix patch and it is still misbehaving

Edited by lady_reaper87
forgotten info (see edit history)

3 hours ago, lady_reaper87 said:

So i'm on B25 and a NullReferenceException keeps popping up making it that I cannot play the game this has happened consistently on day 11, I've verified the integrity of files, recopied the mod folder even redownloaded it and used that one just in case but its continuing to do it 😭

You're on A21.1 and started a new game for B25? (If the problems first started on day 11, you probably did, but just to make sure).

16 minutes ago, Similar said:

You're on A21.1 and started a new game for B25? (If the problems first started on day 11, you probably did, but just to make sure).

Yeah i'm using all the correct stuff for it, just bugs out on day 11. I always start a new save with each new update. I'll try a game on default settings see if it works then who knows but i'll let you know

13 minutes ago, lady_reaper87 said:

Yeah i'm using all the correct stuff for it, just bugs out on day 11. I always start a new save with each new update. I'll try a game on default settings see if it works then who knows but i'll let you know

Good idea. The only thing I can think of is that your save somehow got partially corrupted, or your map did (I have had some oddities in a few of my V5 games. Magically reappearing trees and such. No NREs due to it, though).

I haven't had NREs in B25 and I think the only common items I haven't built in my games so far are the dew collector and the sink (and the fusion forge and laser workbench, but you probably didn't have those on day 11). But maybe there's some buggy item I haven't encountered.

On 9/27/2023 at 8:59 AM, Similar said:

Minor B25 things:

Animal Poison has a green icon (may be a vanilla thing; I think this is the first time in my thousands of 7DtD hours I've ever been poisoned by a snake) and also doesn't show duration on the HUD (it does on the effects page). Doesn't seem to have any negative effects?

Bit of an unexpected problem, but broken glass is actually kind of difficult to come by now. Windows don't give you glass, you can't scrap jars anymore and I'm pretty sure there used to be a forge recipe to make it with in A20 and earlier, but not now. So I'm looking for broken glass sound traps on the ground (which do still give broken glass, for some reason) and they're not too common.

For the issue with Glass some df pois have windows you can bust to grab glass. I raided a poi in b24 that gave me about 130 pieces of glass. I'm a dirty double looter for the trader quests though 

Just now, clutchology said:

For the issue with Glass some df pois have windows you can bust to grab glass. I raided a poi in b24 that gave me about 130 pieces of glass. I'm a dirty double looter for the trader quests though 

ah. I tried quite a few different windows, but didn't find any that gave glass. The only thing that did was the glass on the ground.

I did start out in a town, so maybe a city has better chances.

28 minutes ago, Spoot said:

There is glass laying around the floors of most POIs. It is mostly bottles and broken glass piles, but sand is way easier to come by.

It wasn't for jars, but for scope mods. I wasn't finding any in my current game, so I had to craft one and it requires broken glass. Took about three days to find enough, but that was probably partly because I was in a town.

On 9/26/2023 at 1:03 PM, KhaineGB said:

Yes. It's something I Don't Care patched that shouldn't have caused it. SHOULD be fixed for the next version. We're doing more testing.

Hey,

Is it something avoidable in game ? Because it started with freezing for half a frame every few seconds near my base and after a wandering horde showed up one day it it amped up to punching me in the face every few frames :) Would love to avoid the area but my horde base and farm are  there as well so I was wondering if I can somehow avoid what's causing it.

On 9/27/2023 at 8:06 PM, PoloPoPo said:

Some questions:

1) If you use a crowbar or pickaxe to open a locked chest some of the loot inside will be destroyed, whereas if you lockpick the chest you get more loot. This is what a big 7D2D Youtuber says. Is that correct?

2) If you use a power attack, do tools degrade more compared to a normal attack? Do you get more block damage out of a tool before you have to repair it by using power attacks only?

3) I chopped down an orange tree, it fell on my head and severely hurt me. Is that kind of damage new?

And still, orange trees need an extra chop compared to apple trees which is weird and probably a bug.

Edit:
Forgot to add version: B24

1) For B24, yes. For B25, no but it generates a LOT of heat.

2) Not that I know of.

3) Trees always did that. They used to instantly kill you aroiund a13/a14.

On 9/28/2023 at 5:09 PM, lady_reaper87 said:

Then I need to know EXACTLY what the NRE is and how to reproduce it, because the only reported one was with scrapping in the workbench, which is fixed.

23 hours ago, Krenya said:

Hey,

Is it something avoidable in game ? Because it started with freezing for half a frame every few seconds near my base and after a wandering horde showed up one day it it amped up to punching me in the face every few frames :) Would love to avoid the area but my horde base and farm are  there as well so I was wondering if I can somehow avoid what's causing it.

Nope. It's to do with the workstations. So you could spread them out all over the place and hope?

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

1) For B24, yes. For B25, no but it generates a LOT of heat.

2) Not that I know of.

3) Trees always did that. They used to instantly kill you aroiund a13/a14.

Then I need to know EXACTLY what the NRE is and how to reproduce it, because the only reported one was with scrapping in the workbench, which is fixed.

Nope. It's to do with the workstations. So you could spread them out all over the place and hope?

So I defaulted all the settings so ive not changed difficulty nothing, and i got past day 11, but If i play on Warrior and have it set to private, max 4 players, max multiplayer xp range, zombies run at night drops every day and drop nothing on death and on day 11 hits about 10pm and the NRE starts going crazy I've even done fine on nomad just warrior seems weird for me

1 hour ago, Zygo said:

Ok, i may just be looking in the wrong place. But i can not find a working link to download the latest version of Darkness Falls. Did it get taken down or is a new version coming out soon and we need to wait?

B25:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4941-darkness-falls-they-mostly-come-out-at-night/?do=findComment&comment=540075

The 'link' to the DF site seems to work fine if you copy it to the browser's address bar (the Google links tend to give me a 'too many downloads' error).

On 9/28/2023 at 5:09 PM, lady_reaper87 said:

i have all so been getting this ( NullReferenceException ) spamming my command prompt every 2 to 3 Sec's and i all so verified game files and that and still didn't work but i did not submit and i accessed the game log files and in my search for the issue and found it was linked to a folder named ( 7d2d darkness falls A21\Mods\IDCCore\Docs\Harmony\Workbenches ) i did not edit or mod this file in any way but i did know i had about 8000 cobble stones crafting from clay and stone so i relogged the game and none stop spammed my escape Key to slowly walk to my worktable after i got to it like 25 mins latter cuz i was in the back yard doing farming beforth the error spams Saga started but  any ways after i got to work table i stopped the cobble stone from crafting and like magic it stopped 

Alright you horrible lot. Build 26 is up and ready!

Couple of notes.

You should NOT need a new save. However, make sure you pick up all workbenches, coops, snares and beehives before you update. Put them back afterwards.

This is likely the last build before stable as we've covered most of the bad @%$#. So don't expect more for now. Just enjoy. :)

DF-V5.0.0-DEV-B26

- (IDC) Fixed NRE while scrapping items in the workbench.
- (IDC) Fixed stuttering issues and various others.
- Fixed Bundle of Flaming Arrows needing bundles of flaming arrows to be made, when it should be arrows, not bundles.
- Fixed Succubus Matriarch having too much bonus damage.
- Fixed missing mod slot on steel fireaxe.
- Fixed some farmed crops having the "Press E" prompt when they shouldn't because the game fails at doing what it's told to do. Are any of you surprised?
- Fixed mis-spelled display entry regarding cornmeal food poisoning.
- Fixed survivalist torch giving a NORMAL torch if you break it rather than pressing E to pickup.
- Changed hold-type on scrap and titanium spears so they can poke through doors properly.
- Changed Succubi fireballs to have a large spread so all 3 won't cluster together and just delete players.
- Changed vending machines to ONLY spawn broken versions outside of trader POI's. Why? Because of POI reset issues when starting quests in multiplayer.
- Added a delay to Succubi fireballs (no idea if they'll play the warning sound, but I did try).
- Adjusted heat amount on coop/snare/beehive.

Main Download: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B26.zip (you will need to copy and paste this)
Backup Download 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lTXTtx5jcklcvU9hisuhM4mbydzom6IO/view?usp=sharing
Backup Download 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_pqkw7lY1F05w5E0t5NJ1AS3oqrc_quW/view?usp=sharing

8 hours ago, Thomas.R said:

i have all so been getting this ( NullReferenceException ) spamming my command prompt every 2 to 3 Sec's and i all so verified game files and that and still didn't work but i did not submit and i accessed the game log files and in my search for the issue and found it was linked to a folder named ( 7d2d darkness falls A21\Mods\IDCCore\Docs\Harmony\Workbenches ) i did not edit or mod this file in any way but i did know i had about 8000 cobble stones crafting from clay and stone so i relogged the game and none stop spammed my escape Key to slowly walk to my worktable after i got to it like 25 mins latter cuz i was in the back yard doing farming beforth the error spams Saga started but  any ways after i got to work table i stopped the cobble stone from crafting and like magic it stopped 

Yeah making cobblestone was what I noticed as well  thank you ^^

22 hours ago, Similar said:

B25:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4941-darkness-falls-they-mostly-come-out-at-night/?do=findComment&comment=540075

The 'link' to the DF site seems to work fine if you copy it to the browser's address bar (the Google links tend to give me a 'too many downloads' error).

ah, B26 is out (Khaine posted it on Twitter), so better get that instead.

2 hours ago, Similar said:

ah, B26 is out (Khaine posted it on Twitter), so better get that instead.

I might just be dumb or something but i can't find b26 anywhere unless it's only in his discord.

I was hoping to get it loaded up so me and my buddy could play it as we have both been waiting for the update for a bit and just saw his lastest video

9 minutes ago, Azithedemon said:

I might just be dumb or something but i can't find b26 anywhere unless it's only in his discord.

I was hoping to get it loaded up so me and my buddy could play it as we have both been waiting for the update for a bit and just saw his lastest video

Bit unsure if it's a good idea for me to post it, but I guess he wouldn't have posted it if he didn't want the info out, so I'll link it.

Note that this is still for A21.1 and doesn't work with A21.2.

Edited by Similar
Note not not... (see edit history)

Hello Khaine (and the rest as well)! First off, let me say how much I am enjoying the mod, thus far. In truth, it brought me back to 7DTD A21 after seeing Cap00 playing through it, and I decided I'd give it a go. I did have a question, though, if I may. Often times I will let the night pass without being at my system. I don't explore /build a lot at night, and frankly it gives me a chance to get up, walk around, etc and so I use it to simulate sleeping in the game. My question is: is there a way to restore the sound you hear at 4AM? I used that as my way to come back and begin the day, but I have noticed that it's gone in DF. If there is, I would greatly appreciate a heads up as to how it can be done. Thank you! 😊

2 hours ago, thedoctor122570 said:

Hello Khaine (and the rest as well)! First off, let me say how much I am enjoying the mod, thus far. In truth, it brought me back to 7DTD A21 after seeing Cap00 playing through it, and I decided I'd give it a go. I did have a question, though, if I may. Often times I will let the night pass without being at my system. I don't explore /build a lot at night, and frankly it gives me a chance to get up, walk around, etc and so I use it to simulate sleeping in the game. My question is: is there a way to restore the sound you hear at 4AM? I used that as my way to come back and begin the day, but I have noticed that it's gone in DF. If there is, I would greatly appreciate a heads up as to how it can be done. Thank you! 😊

Science Crafting 3 (= mod crafting tier 2) has a mod that will restore the sounds and also do another useful thing. You can probably guess which mod it is (otherwise look under the mod tab in the metal workstation).

... At least it should restore the sounds. I only just got the mod in my current B26 game, so I haven't heard it yet. But it worked in several of my previous V5 games.

(Edit: yep, I just heard the night sound).

Edited by Similar (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Similar said:

Science Crafting 3 (= mod crafting tier 2) has a mod that will restore the sounds and also do another useful thing. You can probably guess which mod it is (otherwise look under the mod tab in the metal workstation).

... At least it should restore the sounds. I only just got the mod in my current B26 game, so I haven't heard it yet. But it worked in several of my previous V5 games.

(Edit: yep, I just heard the night sound).

I could just as easily use the debug menu to check the time or creation menu to add one of those items, add a vending machine like the ones in the traders, etc. The idea was to not do that and instead ask exactly what I did - is there a way to simply add that sound back in in order to hear it when not at the computer, without having to build all the stations, use debug/creation, etc etc etc. (As a somewhat casual player, it will be a while before I have all those stations to begin with)

I appreciate the help, but it doesn't answer the question as addressed to Khaine.  🙂

Edited by thedoctor122570
Wanted to clarify (see edit history)