Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

On 9/2/2023 at 2:28 AM, Crimsonwolf_Fang said:

Boxes of Lockpicks and Shotgun Shells both are the wrong counts.

Lockpicks are fixed for B22. Will check the shotguns.

EDIT: Checked. Item is fine. Localization is incorrect. Fixed.

On 9/2/2023 at 6:38 AM, Orsmith said:

I put bellows and the improved heating element into the advanced forge and crafted 150 steel and the time it takes to craft is -02 : -027.

Is this a know bug or not

Oh wait just noticed that the problem was the bellows has 0% forge crafting speed.

I thought that the problem was the improved heating element

If you put this two on the forge the time will go negative and it'll craft insanely fast.

Fixed for B22. For some reason, TFP doesn't cap craft time at 1 second. We've got a patch to do that now.

On 9/2/2023 at 8:22 PM, Knight2112 said:

Using build 21.  water does not give empty jars, many of the juice and teas need the jars. few days in haven't found any empty jars.

Intended, but we're discussing it.

On 9/3/2023 at 2:23 AM, Fisher said:

Using B20 still, but I don't see anything in the patch notes that would affect this.  I just crafted my 2nd class (Farmer).  Went out and punched a bunch of chrysanthemums and goldenrod.  I only get 1 per plant.  I even took the 3rd level in living off the land.  Still only get 1 per plant.  Also tried harvesting using "e".  No difference.

Do these have to be planted crops?

LOTL only gives a bonus to "wild" crops at level 5.

On 9/3/2023 at 6:25 AM, LemonDemon said:

Overpower Hunting Knife.

Edit: looting blue and purple items, in day 2.

2 to 3 stab to kill normal zombie, 1 stab kill a wolf (only kill one), 2 stab to colect all material from pigs.

A21.1_2023-09-03_02-22-04.jpg

99% sure this is a UI issue, but we're looking into it.

13 hours ago, Similar said:

B21: Lock Picking 1 doesn't unlock lockpick crafting, which it seems like it should according to the description (pretty sure it also used to in previous versions).

Fixed in B22.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Gotta admit I'm happy to have jars or some other craftable water containers, back with mods. My brother didn't want to continue to help with experimental so we moved to District 0 (Still playing DF solo). Pretty much as soon as I get digging I'm making bowls (which was why I was afraid when you released experimental and the bowls were bugged) First thing my forge cranks out is a bunch of clay bowls. Eventually I'll get to having an advanced forge dedicated to making jars again.

I haven't been posting bugs because by the time I find them they've already been reported and/or fixed in the next build. Keep up the awesome work Khaine. 🙂

We're considering having jars be a 50% return chance.

The reason for that is because constantly heated/cooled glass eventually shatters, so it's the best way we could think of to do that.

As an example, I have tossed a room temp glass into the washing up bowl, added hot water, cleaned it, let it drain, then picked it up when cool and it's just shattered in my hand.

So old glass jars SHOULD have a chance to do that. :) Also it should make both camps of players happy. Those who want it back, and those who don't due to inventory clutter.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

So old glass jars SHOULD have a chance to do that. :) Also it should make both camps of players happy. Those who want it back, and those who don't due to inventory clutter.

Not really for those that don't want the inventory clutter  😉

But we can always make a small patch to remove them again with your mod.

If you're btiching about empty jars taking 1 slot when you drink being "inventory clutter", then you need to re-evaluate things a bit.

I'm not adding them to LOOT, only the ones you drink.

And no, you can't easily make a small patch to remove it with how i'm doing it.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

The reason for that is because constantly heated/cooled glass eventually shatters, so it's the best way we could think of to do that.

As an example, I have tossed a room temp glass into the washing up bowl, added hot water, cleaned it, let it drain, then picked it up when cool and it's just shattered in my hand.

While I agree with the reasoning "to make all ppl happy", glass jars (whether old or new) don't shatter that much. My family makes a lot of fruits/veggies/mushrooms in jars and only about 2-3% of jars break (momstly in the dishwasher).

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

If you're btiching about empty jars taking 1 slot when you drink being "inventory clutter", then you need to re-evaluate things a bit.

I'm not adding them to LOOT, only the ones you drink.

And no, you can't easily make a small patch to remove it with how i'm doing it.

Not @%$#ing at all, just my personal understanding that I have quirks that I can now address.  Yes, I understand that it is only 1 slot out of 96, but quirks are not rational or logical.  They are simply quirks.  So if you have a quirk of not wanting any empty jars popping up in your inventory, it doesn't matter if you have 10 inventory slots or 1,000.

Small patch being that while you did all the hard work to create the system and code it in, I just have to reverse engineer one small part of what you did overall and tweak it for my quirkiness.  That is all.

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I love you man. It makes sense.  🤗😆 

On 9/4/2023 at 10:19 PM, guilgamesh said:

What's up? How are the tests going? Got an ETA for the stable version?

Tests are... going slow.

I may have decided to take a day or two to chill out and got sucked into a BG3 hole... >_>

10 hours ago, Woodbutcher824 said:

Has the FTP neerfed the dyes in clothing? Been picking up alot of plain clothes and footwear. By the way Khaine love the test map.

Not that I mind making my own dyes.

I actually dont know. I think I need to look into that. However, Ink is going to be sort-of easier to make due to a bug.

8 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Tests are... going slow.

I may have decided to take a day or two to chill out and got sucked into a BG3 hole... >_>

Oh hell, you mentioned that and I went to see if you were doing a BG3 YouTube series! I would love to watch you play it.

9 hours ago, SnowBee said:

Oh hell, you mentioned that and I went to see if you were doing a BG3 YouTube series! I would love to watch you play it.

If I do...

I won't be playing it on Tactician mode.
And it'll probably be after I finish it in my own time.