Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

10 hours ago, Jamolisim said:

Hello all...new here and absolutely adore this mod and all the work.-thank you.

I have run into an issue when using the Big Forge and trying to make any item:

1642.049 EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Anyone help?  I would greatly appreciate it.  

I'd need a log file, but make sure you aren't using any other mods. Big Forge seems to be working fine for me.

9 hours ago, Arrow said:

can someone help me please i made a farm i put multiple water sources under it its a 15x19 farm but the crops never seem to grow

You want a smaller area and more rain catchers. I recommend 5x5.

Also scarecrows help.

Well I'd remove all the UI crap like SMX and ZMX for a start.

In fact, I'd delete that ENTIRE folder and just run DF.

This is an overhaul. It's not meant for you to yeet mods at. That's why you're getting NRE's.

AKA - Not my problem. Delete all your crap. Reinstall just DF.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hello. I'm unable to proceed with Eve's quest.
The lab under the well in KrunchMap-Small-8K we're playing in doesn't generate quest bags. Retrying the quest didn't help.

Since I'm playing on server multiplayer, I decided to set up a new world and play from the beginning.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me if there is any way to deal with it in case the same phenomenon occurs again.

6 hours ago, perikanchan said:

That's right, quest 3. KrunchMap-Small-8K seems to have 2 locations, Eve and DFalls_Military_Bunker, but is there any chance of improvement if an error occurs if you take the quest again in a different location than where the bug occurred?

That the courier satchet don't spawn or not shown at the compas is a common issue with the bunker.
At the discord people mention, that te admin of you should get a courier satchet over the creative menu, and place it somewhere at the bunker.

Then you should get the required object from the satchel for the quest.

1 hour ago, Canute said:

No guards.

At the trader POI are turrets you can fill with ammo and need to connect it with the generator ( i think, never did it myself).

Thanks,  I kept thinking my version or mod was broken since I am seeing so many videos about guards but I haven't seen one yet.

11 hours ago, Canute said:

That the courier satchet don't spawn or not shown at the compas is a common issue with the bunker.
At the discord people mention, that te admin of you should get a courier satchet over the creative menu, and place it somewhere at the bunker.

Then you should get the required object from the satchel for the quest.

If I go to the quest after spawning the Courier Satchel in the creative menu, will there be White River Supplies inside? Thank you very much for your great idea. If the same problem occurs in the next world, I will suggest it to my friends who are renting servers.

1 hour ago, EndlessRage said:

Thanks,  I kept thinking my version or mod was broken since I am seeing so many videos about guards but I haven't seen one yet.

Be sure you watch video's about the latest version and not old version.

DF for A19 indeed got guards, but not at A20 anymore.

Hey there!

My husband and I are super excited to play this mod - we've watched streamers play it, and we're really impressed at all the work that had to go into the creation of it. Thanks, Khaine, for doing this.

The question I have has to do with mods. My husband has ophidiophobia (phobia of snakes) that prevents him from playing 7D2D unless we mod out the snakes. We've written a super basic mod that does this in vanilla, but haven't tried to use it in Darkness Falls.  Is it possible to mod out an animal like this, or will we break the game by mucking about with this? We could post/DM the modlet code if that helps. 

Thanks!

You would need to change animalsnake and animalbigsnake in all spawning instances (which I think is just entitygroups) to something else.

But i'll say what I say to everyone.

Tell him to get over it. I have to deal with severe phobias of heights, which translates to the skyscrapers in game, and I just get on with it.

in a private multiplayer game with friends, one guy (not the server host) was laborer and on stage 2 of his class quest.  while doing an unrelated tier 1 clear quest, he died.  now he says he can't find his laborer class quest anywhere in his quest log, and he can't progress in his class.  we think it was related to the death during the T1 quest but are not 100% certain.

is there any way to fix this, to reset his progress or just grant him the laborer class quest rewards?

22 minutes ago, pmchem said:

in a private multiplayer game with friends, one guy (not the server host) was laborer and on stage 2 of his class quest.  while doing an unrelated tier 1 clear quest, he died.  now he says he can't find his laborer class quest anywhere in his quest log, and he can't progress in his class.  we think it was related to the death during the T1 quest but are not 100% certain.

is there any way to fix this, to reset his progress or just grant him the laborer class quest rewards?

From the FAQ over there at discord: 
Q: How do I get a class quest back if I accidentally dropped it?

Use the following command: givequest questID Replace questID with: X is the quest level
quest_classtraininghunterX
quest_classtraininglaborerX
quest_classtrainingmechanicX
quest_classtrainingcivilianX (Scavenger)
quest_classtrainingscientistX
quest_classtrainingsecurityX
quest_classtrainingsurvivalistX

You need admin permissions and you can't use this command for another player without a server manager.
Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

hello again, in the first mission of anna that sends us to the bunke we were killing some zombies to investigate a little before starting the mission. we had some explosions and destruction of the environment and therefore the administrator gave an error and the game crashed. When you enter again and take the mission, the poi is not reset and the mission, being to collect supplies, the first bag that a zombie drops, the supplies are inside and you complete the quest. if you go to give it to anna she gives you the same one again, it's a loop. Is there any way to reset that poi or the mission or something? without that we can no longer follow the story.

Sorry for Google translate and very Thnaks

You will get the mission again from Anna until you complete it.
Like all mission, once activation it should reset the POI.

Maybe ask the admin, that he should identify the chunk where the bunker is in, and delete the chunk at the server.

Right, now git has finished screwing me in a variety of different ways, Darkness Falls V4.04 is now up! Patch notes and crap as follows.

V4.04

- Updated for A20.6.
- Should include the fixed twitch file if I copied the right one, because twitch nerds apparently can't live without twitch integration.
- Potentially fixed CompoPack breaking traders.
- Moved all CompoPack files into their own folder so players can just delete that if they don't want it in DF.
- Fixed Beehives producing too much honey.

Download Link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA20 (click the 3 dots, select download as zip)
Alt Download Link: https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a20/-/tree/main (click the icon next to clone and then zip)

In light of the compopack TOS change, it is currently still included in this version of the mod. However, it WILL be removed for 4.1. I decided to do this so that folk's won't be forced to restart their games because of something I did.

So just to make it clear, because someone always asks, NO YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESTART! It is RECOMMENDED, just because TFP always recommend it going between alpha subversions, but your 4.03A DF save will work on 4.04 (tested on my youtube series).