Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

You might have fixed this already, but if you install a Red Dot Sight on the M60 machine gun it floats a good 3 inches above where it should be. When you aim down sights your crosshair is underneath the bottom of the Red Dot Sight.

MgSgPorkin's Shotgun says that it is the ultimate Stealth Shotgun, but it is not innately suppressed like I assumed it would be from its description.

Edited by darthsawyer (see edit history)

On 9/10/2022 at 5:21 PM, kamineko said:

I got an error pop up today. I had a "restore power" mission given by the scout that I left hanging for several in-game weeks. I finally did it and returned to her and when I opened a dialog I got the following errors:

- ERR [XUi] Error while updating window group 'radial'

- EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object

The "reward selection" dialog window popped up (under the error log) and was empty. I tried again and got the same error. I then hit the confirm button on the (empty) selection dialog and it re-opened, this time with actual quest rewards, but the window cut off part of the reward choices. I was able to pick one that was visible and carry on as normal.

I got that bug too. V4.1.0-DEV-B14 and started new medium map. I tried two of the restore power quests and happened on both of them.

7 hours ago, kamineko said:

4.1.0 DEV B14. But I'm still on the DFalls-Small1-NoCP map that I started on DEV B13 release. So might be a ignorable error.

Yep, should be fixed, or at least I haven't had any complaints.

7 hours ago, kamineko said:

One more bug I noticed: I created four pieces of the Radiation Ready mod (helmet, gloves, chest, legs) and I am seeing whenever I either enter or exit my motorcycle, the 80% effect gets re-added to my total. (E.g. I start with 80% as expected, hop on motorcycle, now have 160%, get off motorcycle, now have 240%). I went to the wasteland to see if it was real or a numerical formatting thing and oddly I can run around in the wasteland for several seconds unharmed then the radiation kicks in as expected. Previous behavior was that anything not 100% radiation resistance resulted in immediate radiation debuff applied when you stepped on wasteland ground.

Edit: one other bug that is cosmetic and probably a base game issue: when modifying arm armor (adding or removing mods) equipped with a watch while wearing it, the displayed time disappears until you either add/remove another mod again, or remove/wear the arm armor piece.

That mod MAY be fixed as well. Or mostly fixed.

Always put the watch last. That's been a bug for a while.

5 hours ago, darthsawyer said:

You might have fixed this already, but if you install a Red Dot Sight on the M60 machine gun it floats a good 3 inches above where it should be. When you aim down sights your crosshair is underneath the bottom of the Red Dot Sight.

MgSgPorkin's Shotgun says that it is the ultimate Stealth Shotgun, but it is not innately suppressed like I assumed it would be from its description.

Red Dot Sight is fixed.

The shotgun is supposed to work like that. It's named after a streamer who always used a shotgun while going stealth... even though it's not a stealth weapon. 😛

4 hours ago, Kieron said:

I got that bug too. V4.1.0-DEV-B14 and started new medium map. I tried two of the restore power quests and happened on both of them.

I did new power quests in B15 which APPEARS to have fixed things.

6 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

Approximately how long does darkness falls take to generate a 12k world?

I know it can vary I am looking for an approximate 

server is ryzen 3800x, 32GB ram

On my laptop?  A while. I think it's close to 20 mins. A server will take longer, usually, as the dedicated server build doesn't use GPU. You'd be better off generating locally and uploading it

5 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I spun up the small default world and some players were not able to connect, is this an EAC thing?

One person had a “different version” error.

I had four who could not connect.

Any suggestions?

EAC needs to be off and all players must have same version game and mod as the host

I just finally got time enough to set up a couple of installs of DF to enjoy some multiplayer, and after hosting the game and playing for an hour I keep getting the console popping onto the screen like so:

spacer.png

Everything I've seen so far is "SleeperVolume". I don't recall seeing the console pop up like this in a long while, but honestly I haven't played any 7DTD since the month or so after A20, and it might just be a vanilla issue. Or I did something wrong.

Here's what I tried so far: clean reinstall (both PCs) of both 7DTD and DF. Past that I'm kind of left scratching my head, as I'm not doing anything outside of my usual to start a game/host. I'm unsure of what else to try, to be honest.

EDIT: I am running A20.6(b9) and DF 4.04.

Edited by Catfish Calhoun (see edit history)

On 9/13/2022 at 10:15 PM, Fanatical_Meat said:

I spun up the small default world and some players were not able to connect, is this an EAC thing?

One person had a “different version” error.

I had four who could not connect.

Any suggestions?

Different version is what it says. Usually incorrect alpha and/or mod version. The others, no idea.

7 hours ago, Catfish Calhoun said:

I just finally got time enough to set up a couple of installs of DF to enjoy some multiplayer, and after hosting the game and playing for an hour I keep getting the console popping onto the screen like so:

spacer.png

Everything I've seen so far is "SleeperVolume". I don't recall seeing the console pop up like this in a long while, but honestly I haven't played any 7DTD since the month or so after A20, and it might just be a vanilla issue. Or I did something wrong.

Here's what I tried so far: clean reinstall (both PCs) of both 7DTD and DF. Past that I'm kind of left scratching my head, as I'm not doing anything outside of my usual to start a game/host. I'm unsure of what else to try, to be honest.

EDIT: I am running A20.6(b9) and DF 4.04.

The console doesn't just pop up like that unless you've got a red text error.

After many, many hours of work, mostly on polishing up PEP, I have a new dev build for you all! This is Build 17, and i'm sure people will ask why I didn't post Build 16... but Build 16 was... odd. There wasn't many major fixes, and the major fixes that did exist needed a new save, and since I was getting PEP maps ready, I wanted to skip it and wait for 17... So here we go!

V4.1.0-DEV-B16
- Fixed many issues with PEP and NRE's while trying to generate random worlds.
- Fixed a PEP POI having missing blocks.
- Changed a PEP POI tier from 1 to 2 as it was more fitting based on player feedback.
- Fixed white river scout not giving faction to traders at level 50.
- Fixed stainless steel spikes giving titanium instead of scrap iron.
- Fixed Mechanic, Scientist, Security and Survivalist class/mastery localization for crafting tiers.
- Fruit smoothies now grant a water regeneration effect like the pear smoothie.
- Rebalanced Itsy Bitsy Spider quests so tougher spider zombies spawn.
- Dog days quests now spawn more dogs since there's no demon/feral version.
- Tweaked quality levels on trader rewards so guns/weapons/tools/armor aren't drastically better than what you can craft but still useful.
- Armor spikes should no longer cause bleed on the player. Hopefully.
- Increased the damage of timed charges vs doors, safes and treasure chest so they should actually be useful.
- Rebalanced Hot/Cold buffs to be more severe like they were in A16.
- Added 2 new hot/cold effects, Heatstroke and Hypothermia.
- Rebalanced hot/cold resistances of clothes to make them similar to how they worked in A16 (so wearing a puffer jacket in the desert is bad).
- Increased the resistance granted by Insulated Liners/Cooling Meshes as they will now be more useful.

V4.1.0-DEV-B17 (this is the one you will be downloading)
- Added 4 pre-generated PEP maps!
- PEP POI balance pass! Zombie amounts and POI tiers adjusted to be closer to vanilla values (may be slightly higher for a bit of a challenge).
- Fixed the height of several PEP POI's.
- Added level requirements to the level descriptions of various crafting perks, plus other perks.
- Lowered level requirements of lockpicking from 1/15/30/60/90 to 1/10/20/40/60.
- Black Sky should now correctly show attachments. Porkin's does not as it requires a lot more work within unity (which may or may not make it into 4.1).
- Added missing localization for Hypothermia and Heat Stroke.
- Removed unlockedby on the iron and steel spear.
- Fixed unlockedby on radiation ready mods.
- Fixed Forge Ahead sometimes not unlocking the 3rd level and just giving the player the book back, or unlocking the 3rd level AND giving the player the book back.
- Fixed rad resistance display not resetting to 100 when it was supposed to.
- Fixed tools/combine/output window overlapping on the laser workbench.
- Re-added a recipe just for the lantern since people apparently don't read.
- Being stoned from using cannabis joints will now allow you to ignore the effects of sprains/breaks (just like using steroids).
- Using a joint will now cure concussion.
- Tweaked trader lists a little so specific traders are more likely to carry specific tools. For example, Rekt is more likely to carry the Cooking Pot and Cooking Grill, while Joel is more likely to have Calipers and Tool and Die set.
- Tweaked vending machine stock lists and made them VERY slightly cheaper.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UtIrVwb_cxbOTW6gUuRSOK4EHlQ-3Ig_/view?usp=sharing

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

The console doesn't just pop up like that unless you've got a red text error.

D'oh. You are, of course, correct. I should have scrolled up in the console prior to the screenshot.

Well, it can't hurt to try another fresh install, but this time I'm going to completely remove vanilla first, manually delete anything left over in the directory, and reinstall. And this time I get to reinstall DF 4.1.0 instead of 4.0.4! I always appreciate you taking the time to reply, even when someone like myself makes an obvious mistake. You really do have an immense amount of patience.

Bug report: Typing in Lantern into the search bar and clicking on Lantern results in scrolling redtext errors too fast to read

For those who prefer playing in a more urban environment, I have been testing the stability of massive cities in each of these Dev builds. So far they are running great. To make generated cities significantly larger, navigate to the file \7 Days To Die\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\rwgmixer.xml and find the 3 instances of xml that looks like below. Then, change the "mintiles" and "maxtiles" values to larger values in each of the three locations. I personally have been generating random maps with "mintiles" set to 40 and "maxtiles" set to 80. It will be more laggy the more buildings you add, so only add as much as your system can handle.

<property class="city">
  <property name="few" value="1"/>
  <property name="default" value="1"/>
  <property name="many" value="2"/>

<property name="mintiles" value="14"/>
  <property name="maxtiles" value="18"/>
</property>
Edited by darthsawyer
Bug Report (see edit history)

B17

Traders are now protected?

8 hours ago, darthsawyer said:

錯誤報告:在搜索欄中輸入 Lantern 並單擊Lantern 會導致滾動紅色文本的錯誤太快而無法閱讀 到目前為止,他們運行良好。要使生成的城市顯著更大,請導航到文件 \7 Days To Die\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\rwgmixer.xml 並找到如下所示的 3 個 xml 實例。然後,在三個位置中的每一個中將“mintiles”和“maxtiles”值更改為更大的值。我個人一直在生成隨機地圖,其中“mintiles”設置為 40,“maxtiles”設置為 80。添加的建築物越多,它就會越滯後,所以只添加系統可以處理的數量。

same question

Here is a weird bug that might just be an issue with how Trader Hugh's POI is designed: Zombies can walk up the walls of Trader Hugh's outpost. They sometimes get stuck on top of the walls dying to the metal spikes up there, but they will often fall inside the walls. I've been attacked multiple times by zombies inside the trading post that managed to get in without breaking down any walls. I think the issue is the horizontal wooden posts that ring the outside of the wall. With careful jump sneaking even the player can climb the outside of the wall with difficulty. Zombies seems to be able to do it with ease and regularity. I don't know if this is something you can fix, since it is an issue with a vanilla POI, probably in combination with changes to jumping and being able to walk through a 1 block space?

16 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Can confirm, same error here in b17. 

Fixed

12 hours ago, HenryX said:

B17

Traders are now protected?

same question

No

5 hours ago, wanderinpaladin said:

Khaine, I might have an old build, but Steel Pickaxes are missing the long shaft description allowing the use of burning shaft mods. Is this an accident or on purpose?

I think I left that in because people wanted it as a light source while mining.

2 hours ago, darthsawyer said:

Here is a weird bug that might just be an issue with how Trader Hugh's POI is designed: Zombies can walk up the walls of Trader Hugh's outpost. They sometimes get stuck on top of the walls dying to the metal spikes up there, but they will often fall inside the walls. I've been attacked multiple times by zombies inside the trading post that managed to get in without breaking down any walls. I think the issue is the horizontal wooden posts that ring the outside of the wall. With careful jump sneaking even the player can climb the outside of the wall with difficulty. Zombies seems to be able to do it with ease and regularity. I don't know if this is something you can fix, since it is an issue with a vanilla POI, probably in combination with changes to jumping and being able to walk through a 1 block space?

Or they just spawn inside the POI. I'm not doing trader POI overhauls. Just expect them to be in there.