Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

New dev build up for anyone interested. :)

V4.1.0-DEV-B18
- Added custom C# code by FuriousRamsay that SAVES the locked slots so players don't have to re-enter it all the time.
- Fixed missing attack speed stat on titanium and laser spears.
- Fixed laser spear icon facing the wrong way.
- Fixed missing localization on MC's Human Leather Knuckles.
- Fixed the Lantern having incorrect unlockedby.
- Fixed being unable to learn all 3 levels of Basic Farming from books.
- Fixed being unable to learn all 3 levels of Iron Armor Crafting from books.
- Fixed more PEP missingBlock errors.
- Added quest markers to all PEP POI's that were missing them, which should fix the ! being underground.
- Double doors in the bunkers are now properly closed.
- Double doors in the bunkers open when unlocked and remain open until the player closes them, rather than unlocking, open and then instantly close (not the intended behaviour, but an improvement).
- Slightly increased texture sizes on the sci-fi stuff (like lockers and laser workbench) to help with blurring issues.
- Slightly optimized above textures for better RAM usage.
- Added Baked Carrot (works like baked potato).
- All legendary items can now drop from any treasure chest (the buried ones) or air drops.
- Diamond Tip mod now reduces enemy armor on hit, like the spikes mod for the club.
- Lowered knuckle damage due to high attack rate and knockdown chance.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oUlMNHySTCA6Y3Ct5Y9UczKhaJfHcyHv/view?usp=sharing

50 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

不,他們仍然不是

如果您遇到交易者受到保護的錯誤,您必須開始一張新地圖。如果您繼續保存,即使我將其關閉,它也不會關閉。

use new map

This is my test video

Just now, HenryX said:

使用新地圖

這是我的測試視頻

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Then change the name of your game as well.

Trader. Protection. Is. Turned. Off.

I cannot state it clearer than that. I've tested it on Joel, Jen, Hugh, Bob, Rekt, Razor, Anna and Eve.

The ONLY trader with intact protection is Caitlin.

I reinstalled the mod and it's ok now

😉

On 9/15/2022 at 2:14 AM, KhaineGB said:

After many, many hours of work, mostly on polishing up PEP, I have a new dev build for you all! This is Build 17, and i'm sure people will ask why I didn't post Build 16... but Build 16 was... odd. There wasn't many major fixes, and the major fixes that did exist needed a new save, and since I was getting PEP maps ready, I wanted to skip it and wait for 17... So here we go!

V4.1.0-DEV-B16
- Fixed many issues with PEP and NRE's while trying to generate random worlds.
- Fixed a PEP POI having missing blocks.
- Changed a PEP POI tier from 1 to 2 as it was more fitting based on player feedback.
- Fixed white river scout not giving faction to traders at level 50.
- Fixed stainless steel spikes giving titanium instead of scrap iron.
- Fixed Mechanic, Scientist, Security and Survivalist class/mastery localization for crafting tiers.
- Fruit smoothies now grant a water regeneration effect like the pear smoothie.
- Rebalanced Itsy Bitsy Spider quests so tougher spider zombies spawn.
- Dog days quests now spawn more dogs since there's no demon/feral version.
- Tweaked quality levels on trader rewards so guns/weapons/tools/armor aren't drastically better than what you can craft but still useful.
- Armor spikes should no longer cause bleed on the player. Hopefully.
- Increased the damage of timed charges vs doors, safes and treasure chest so they should actually be useful.
- Rebalanced Hot/Cold buffs to be more severe like they were in A16.
- Added 2 new hot/cold effects, Heatstroke and Hypothermia.
- Rebalanced hot/cold resistances of clothes to make them similar to how they worked in A16 (so wearing a puffer jacket in the desert is bad).
- Increased the resistance granted by Insulated Liners/Cooling Meshes as they will now be more useful.

V4.1.0-DEV-B17 (this is the one you will be downloading)
- Added 4 pre-generated PEP maps!
- PEP POI balance pass! Zombie amounts and POI tiers adjusted to be closer to vanilla values (may be slightly higher for a bit of a challenge).
- Fixed the height of several PEP POI's.
- Added level requirements to the level descriptions of various crafting perks, plus other perks.
- Lowered level requirements of lockpicking from 1/15/30/60/90 to 1/10/20/40/60.
- Black Sky should now correctly show attachments. Porkin's does not as it requires a lot more work within unity (which may or may not make it into 4.1).
- Added missing localization for Hypothermia and Heat Stroke.
- Removed unlockedby on the iron and steel spear.
- Fixed unlockedby on radiation ready mods.
- Fixed Forge Ahead sometimes not unlocking the 3rd level and just giving the player the book back, or unlocking the 3rd level AND giving the player the book back.
- Fixed rad resistance display not resetting to 100 when it was supposed to.
- Fixed tools/combine/output window overlapping on the laser workbench.
- Re-added a recipe just for the lantern since people apparently don't read.
- Being stoned from using cannabis joints will now allow you to ignore the effects of sprains/breaks (just like using steroids).
- Using a joint will now cure concussion.
- Tweaked trader lists a little so specific traders are more likely to carry specific tools. For example, Rekt is more likely to carry the Cooking Pot and Cooking Grill, while Joel is more likely to have Calipers and Tool and Die set.
- Tweaked vending machine stock lists and made them VERY slightly cheaper.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UtIrVwb_cxbOTW6gUuRSOK4EHlQ-3Ig_/view?usp=sharing

Khaine, when loading this version (not the new-new dev version you recently posted) on a dedicated home server does the world file need to be moved to the 7D2D worlds folder or keep it in the mod folder? I am having an error 112-something when trying to load a default world.

I am speaking of using one of the pre generated world included in your mod, not a random gen world.

Side question this is for 20.6 stable correct?

My brother after playing about 600 hours in vanilla or modded vanilla (when he's playing with me) played his first day in darkness falls and was in wonder at how different the game is. I said "now you know why I'm always talking about it and other overhaul mods when I'm soloing." When we were playing vanilla he was asking why I was always going out and doing resource gathering or stuff at night. "Because vanilla nights are nothing compared to df nights."  When we started with day 1 today I said. We do not go out at night. We are forting up in one of Krunch's lobby buildings and doing what we can in here. He still got me killed shooting animals from the walls then after the cow (that I told him not to mess with) aggroed he ran away and it stomped me into the ground. On the upside we have plenty of meat. All in all it was a fun first day.

So I have played a solo game of darkness falls and didnt have this problem, but recently my friend set up a server for us and I noticed all of the scout quest were sending me 2k or farther away. And they all were in the wasteland it seemed. Any one else ever have an issue like that?

2 hours ago, Reddevil said:

So I have played a solo game of darkness falls and didnt have this problem, but recently my friend set up a server for us and I noticed all of the scout quest were sending me 2k or farther away. And they all were in the wasteland it seemed. Any one else ever have an issue like that?

It's a known, unfixable MP problem. For 4.1 i'm trying to make sure cities are as close to 0,0 as possible as this helps aleviate the issue.

13 minutes ago, Ganeshakw said:

@KhaineGB Bro, There was a time when there used to be Survivors & Bandits using shooting weapons in DF. But they are not there now. As there is a lot going on with the NPC mod, Is there any chance these entities will make their come back or so ? 

Will be very exciting.

Maybe A21. I wanted to get melee working first, which it appears to now.

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It's a known, unfixable MP problem. For 4.1 i'm trying to make sure cities are as close to 0,0 as possible as this helps aleviate the issue.

Oh thats going to make it hard to get the scout to give the quest to start the story line. Any work around for that?

34 minutes ago, Reddevil said:

Oh thats going to make it hard to get the scout to give the quest to start the story line. Any work around for that?

Not to hard.

Just have a good vehicle.

Since you just need 10 succesful missions, with 2 players you just need to drive 5 times that way.

And don't play on a 16km map with just 2 people 🙂

2 minutes ago, Canute said:

Not to hard.

Just have a good vehicle.

Since you just need 10 succesful missions, with 2 players you just need to drive 5 times that way.

And don't play on a 16km map with just 2 people 🙂

Well the issue is less the distance and more the they are in the wasteland.

I have found that some of the restore power quests remain outside and have done one of those.

Edited by Reddevil (see edit history)

Hey guys I cant load my server...

Does Darkness Falls work on 20.5 or is the latest alpha download A20 only work for 20.6?

Heres the error log for the server I get:

https://pastebin.com/9erMckUm

in this pasted error log the first error starts at line 1310:

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 17)
2022-09-24T01:14:52 50.990 INF Block IDs with mapping
2022-09-24T01:14:52 51.001 INF Block IDs total 21036, terr 69, last 21219
2022-09-24T01:14:52 51.019 INF Loaded (local): blocks

Unloading 56919 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 56209.
Total: 631.563500 ms (FindLiveObjects: 4.887000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 13.192000 ms MarkObjects: 583.957400 ms DeleteObjects: 29.526600 ms)

2022-09-24T01:14:53 52.055 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'progression.xml' failed

2022-09-24T01:14:53 52.063 EXC Requested value 'onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd' was not found.

Also I took away the save world location lines in the provided server config file from Darkness falls.

IDK if that made these things happen.

I tried a fresh install, no other mods, and deleted the world save a couple times so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by getgcs (see edit history)

3 hours ago, getgcs said:

Hey guys I cant load my server...

Does Darkness Falls work on 20.5 or is the latest alpha download A20 only work for 20.6?

Heres the error log for the server I get:

https://pastebin.com/9erMckUm

in this pasted error log the first error starts at line 1310:

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 17)
2022-09-24T01:14:52 50.990 INF Block IDs with mapping
2022-09-24T01:14:52 51.001 INF Block IDs total 21036, terr 69, last 21219
2022-09-24T01:14:52 51.019 INF Loaded (local): blocks

Unloading 56919 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 56209.
Total: 631.563500 ms (FindLiveObjects: 4.887000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 13.192000 ms MarkObjects: 583.957400 ms DeleteObjects: 29.526600 ms)

2022-09-24T01:14:53 52.055 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'progression.xml' failed

2022-09-24T01:14:53 52.063 EXC Requested value 'onSelfRangedBurstShotEnd' was not found.

Also I took away the save world location lines in the provided server config file from Darkness falls.

IDK if that made these things happen.

I tried a fresh install, no other mods, and deleted the world save a couple times so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

The current stable v4.04 is only available for Alpha 20.6

All the v4.1.0 Dev or Experimentals that Khaine has been releasing these past weeks are also Alpha 20.6 only.

Version 4.1 Stable should be coming very soon, days, not weeks. So you may want to wait a bit for that.

If you require an Alpha 20.5 version, then v4.03A is likely the last A20.5 version.

I swear I read it all but I guess I over looked it. There is alot of text on the mod screen lol. Anyway thanks guys at least I know thats why I will go to 20.6 no problem

THANK YOU GUYS!!!

DF IS STILL THE BEST ONE !

5 hours ago, Canute said:

Did you even read before you download the latest version ?

(snapshot from the first page)

image.png.af7f93450665dba6f97121eec8ede9d8.png

I always have got it from 7 days to die mods website which says updated for 20.6 it needs the ONLY word there also. I will always look here to download it from now on. Thanks again!