Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Off-road headlights mod does not work in the humvee, nor does it's default headlights (if they are supposed to work, that is). Love the model design, though. And it's quieter and handles better then the maruader.

Don't suppose it's possible to tone-down the noise generated by the wall safes? Think they are a superior storage option, but good god do they make a racket. By the noise, you'd think i was opening up a semi-rusty set of bank-vault doors every time i open/close them. (And yes i'm aware of the perk in hunter that reduces player-action noise levels, but still think the safe's need to be far quieter then they currently are)

Hi lads, I am completely new to the forum, so forgive me if I am breaking any rules. 

I tried this mod and I absolutely love it! I will never ever go back to the vanilla 7d2d, as this is miles ahead in terms of gameplay. 

I have a few questions though: 

Vehicles: I have 4x4 which has reduced cargo space and improved speed. I've unlocked mechanic mastery (the book dropped), so I wanted to ask - what's the best vehicle that I can craft in terms of storage that isn't slow? (I am willing to ride a vehicle slower than 4x4)

Also, I've started to craft lvl 71 weapons, but sadly, I can't modify them. Is this a bug or am I missing something? 

Also, while we are at mastery books - should I craft them or wait for them to drop? 

I know these are all noobish questions, but I would really appreciate it if someone would take the time to guide me through. 

Thanks in advance, 
Stefan 

This error started popping up a lot when I reached the desert biome. Is this related to Darkness falls and if so, is there anyway to fix it? Thanks!

To add to this.. I'm on alpha 20.3 (b3) and using Darkness falls V4.01.

Other mods I have installed are OcbStopFuelWaste, InstantCrafting6.0, Jerseys-Better-Z-Range and More Skill Points (2 per level).

error7days.png

error2.png

error3.png

Edited by jmido8 (see edit history)

11 hours ago, wolfarus said:

Off-road headlights mod does not work in the humvee, nor does it's default headlights (if they are supposed to work, that is). Love the model design, though. And it's quieter and handles better then the maruader.

Don't suppose it's possible to tone-down the noise generated by the wall safes? Think they are a superior storage option, but good god do they make a racket. By the noise, you'd think i was opening up a semi-rusty set of bank-vault doors every time i open/close them. (And yes i'm aware of the perk in hunter that reduces player-action noise levels, but still think the safe's need to be far quieter then they currently are)

Any non-vanilla vehicle is not my responsibiltiy nor problem.

No, it's not.

9 hours ago, darthplagues said:

Hi lads, I am completely new to the forum, so forgive me if I am breaking any rules. 

I tried this mod and I absolutely love it! I will never ever go back to the vanilla 7d2d, as this is miles ahead in terms of gameplay. 

I have a few questions though: 

Vehicles: I have 4x4 which has reduced cargo space and improved speed. I've unlocked mechanic mastery (the book dropped), so I wanted to ask - what's the best vehicle that I can craft in terms of storage that isn't slow? (I am willing to ride a vehicle slower than 4x4)

Also, I've started to craft lvl 71 weapons, but sadly, I can't modify them. Is this a bug or am I missing something? 

Also, while we are at mastery books - should I craft them or wait for them to drop? 

I know these are all noobish questions, but I would really appreciate it if someone would take the time to guide me through. 

Thanks in advance, 
Stefan 

Largest storage vehicle is the box truck. It's slow, but it's 120 slot.

Sounds like you might be missing something. I've been able to modify 71 weapons/tools/etc.

Up to you on the mastery books. Traders can teach you mastery too as well at 30 rep and if you have 100k dukes.

6 hours ago, jmido8 said:

This error started popping up a lot when I reached the desert biome. Is this related to Darkness falls and if so, is there anyway to fix it? Thanks!

To add to this.. I'm on alpha 20.3 (b3) and using Darkness falls V4.01.

Other mods I have installed are OcbStopFuelWaste, InstantCrafting6.0, Jerseys-Better-Z-Range and More Skill Points (2 per level).

error7days.png

error2.png

error3.png

I'd remove all your modlets, see if the error still occurs and then post a log if it still does. I can't do anything if you've modded the overhaul and just post screenshots.

Hi, i am having trouble with the reward quest from EVE. when i first attempted it i had to leave the area because i got over run. this obviousely ended the quest. so i went back to EVE accepted the quest again went back to the bunker i had the yellow icon. i pressed e to start the quest, the icon dissappeared it said locate supplies 0.0 meters. and the bunker did not reset. i cleared the bunker out searched it completely but no white river supplies. i have tried resetting a further 2 times. but it will not reset. Is there anything i can do to complete this quest ?

help!!! I'm trying to update my game. I've just wiped my server to start again but now I'm getting a version conflict. If I launch 7D2D through steam I have 20.3 but if I launch through the mod launcher to play darkness falls I have 20.2 and it wont let me into my server, how do I update through the launcher so I can play? I've hit the check for update button on the launcher but nothing happens. I've also tried presyncing.
The error I get when I try to join my server is "game version mismatch: you have "alpha 20.2 and the server has alpha 20.3"

update: issue solved. deleted mod reinstalled using "copy from existing".

Edited by Biostalker (see edit history)

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Sounds like you might be missing something. I've been able to modify 71 weapons/tools/etc.

What might I be missing, mate? 

I am able to click on modify, but I can't add any mods, and the mod list on the left is not there. I can provide a screenshot if you want. 

Thanks for the response. 

6 hours ago, darthplagues said:

I am able to click on modify, but I can't add any mods, and the mod list on the left is not there. I can provide a screenshot if you want. 

Thanks for the response. 

I assume you are talking about weapons other than the pipe weaponry, as those cannot be modified. Do you have other modlets installed? If so, they could be causing a conflict.

2 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

New vehicles, all floating.

Even with the latest version, this happen. Special with the none-vanilla vehicle.

2 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

Not all zombies leave gore skeleton behind, that on purpose ?

Yes

16 hours ago, darthplagues said:

Thanks for the response. 

No idea.

6 hours ago, Jay_ombie said:

New to mod, Love it..

Trivial stuff noticed only so far :

Working Stiff Vans loot two engines.

New vehicles, all floating.

Not all zombies leave gore skeleton behind, that on purpose ?

(No other mods used)

If you mean engines while wrenching, t's a CHANCE to drop. This is not an issue. It's been like that for ages.
Vehicles floating has been fixed in the dev version.
It's a CHANCE to leave a corpse behind because people complained when it was 100%.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:09 PM, Chivalric said:

Eve will send you to the DF bunker mission, you can farm infinite amounts of the fibers and schematics there. I posted a video on this forum on how to do so fairly easily.

Is there a link to that video?  Would love to watch it.

Edited by ZOOT (see edit history)

New dev build out and such. :)

V4.02-DEV-B4

- Fixed Rain Catchers again.
- Fixed incorrect unlockedby on Ablative Armor.
- Reduced Titan block damage by 25% (from 4000 to 3000).
- Gave titanium blocks an extra 5k hp.
- Added working version of Myth's Bloodmoon Vehicle Buster mod.
- Adjusted the pipe baton so it's stats match the wooden club.
- Rod and Spring and Armor Shredder can now be installed in junk turrets.
- Despawning vehicle issue seems to be mostly fixed.
- Changed the winchester to use desert vulture sounds since it's a .44 gun so it should be louder.
- Very slightly lowered the damage of shotgun and coilshotgun shells.
- Very slightly lowered the fire rate of the coilshotgun.
- Increased attack speed of Laser Multi-Tool.
- Splints should now provide a splinted buff if you have a broken bone, which should prevent the negatives while leaving the debuff in place (still needs a cast to heal).
- Removed some unecessary recipes.
- Added fixes for Kruch's map.
- Added new itemicons provided by Android_Data.
- Changed Gotta Go Fast to increase mobility rather than run/walk speed as this should do the same thing.
- Fixed missing UI display for Jason's Machete.
- Sprained, Broken and Splinted arm should now have a different icon to make it easier to see what's wrong at a glance.
- Demon fire effects halved in damage, BUT they can now stack duration.
- All books should now show the open/closed icon if the perk is maxed (or not) but requirements are not met.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KyFIVSwMCyknyRvD8O-pBdlZZlpo4NLB/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

- Very slightly lowered the damage of shotgun and coilshotgun shells.
- Very slightly lowered the fire rate of the coilshotgun.

Can't help but feel attacked, since this is my primary weapon. You monster!

Also, is this update going to break saves from the last recent build?

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

New dev build out and such. :)

V4.02-DEV-B4

[..]

Khaine, you removed some descriptions like

DFforgeAhead,Forge Ahead
DFforgeAheadDesc,Read this book to learn how to craft a forge and bellows. Must be read from the hotbar.
DFToolsoftheTrade,Tools of the Trade
DFToolsoftheTradeDesc,Learn how to craft a claw hammer and wrench by reading this book. Must be read from the hotbar. [etc]

Do you plan to bring them back sometime, or why do you leave the keys like "DFforgeAhead,Forge Ahead"?

I'm asking as I try to update the German localization.

Ah, and one typo in Line 1834 (Porkin's Shotgun, one v too much)

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

Oddness.... loaded fine for me first time after new update (deleted Mod folder before install), next time loading all red screens like above.

Re-installing again and trying again.

Now works ok again.

/I like the new icons

//Read skill books are now all appearing as unread (can live with it)

///demonics are still able to spam fireballs 4-6 blocks through walls & locked doors 😕

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Khaine, you removed some descriptions like

DFforgeAhead,Forge Ahead
DFforgeAheadDesc,Read this book to learn how to craft a forge and bellows. Must be read from the hotbar.
DFToolsoftheTrade,Tools of the Trade
DFToolsoftheTradeDesc,Learn how to craft a claw hammer and wrench by reading this book. Must be read from the hotbar. [etc]

Do you plan to bring them back sometime, or why do you leave the keys like "DFforgeAhead,Forge Ahead"?

I'm asking as I try to update the German localization.

They're at the bottom of the file as they were updated.

5 hours ago, Chivalric said:

The game loaded with the new build, but as soon as it did it just kept spamming this at me, unplayable. 20220322150408_1.thumb.jpg.865380d0dd2dd917dd845a32ebca2b34.jpg

That screenshot is not helpful.

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Oddness.... loaded fine for me first time after new update (deleted Mod folder before install), next time loading all red screens like above.

Re-installing again and trying again.

Now works ok again.

/I like the new icons

//Read skill books are now all appearing as unread (can live with it)

///demonics are still able to spam fireballs 4-6 blocks through walls & locked doors 😕

If you're on an existing save, read skill books WILL show as unread due to the workaround I had to do in order to get it to work. That will only appear on a NEW save.

Demons are NEVER going to be fixed. Ever. They use the same code as YOUR molotovs.

On 3/20/2022 at 4:42 AM, wolfarus said:

I let Khaine know that the version of my vehicles included with DF is an older version now. As far as I can tell all he did was rename the folder to set the load order, so you could probably grab the newest version of my vehicle mod and copy the files into the 3-DF-BdubsVehicles folder included in DF to fix the Humvee issues.