Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Having a bit of an Issue with the mod and Sorcery mod. the first part is this error always appears when I have both installed.... IOWhv.jpg 

After that happens the mods seem to load fine but once in game a few other things go wrong depending on the world generated. I have had the initial quests suddenly end with "no trader found" or I can complete the quests but other players cannot. I have also had it where as soon as I get close to any POI the game freezes up and the POI's disappear. I have checked both mods alone and there are no errors there, it only happens when bot are installed, Any clues?

3 hours ago, gakuro said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'm having issues on a self-hosted Multiplayer server where the White River Scout quests (Lady Killer, Electrician etc) are spawning 2-3 KMs away from the initial start zone. On the 1st iteration, it even spawned the quest at the edge of the Wasteland zone which isn't exactly ideal for an early quest. We're using the DFalls-Large1-NoCP. When I made a local version with the DFalls-Large1-NoCP, the quest spawns in the temperate biome, 300 to 400 meters away from the starting zone as it should. Is there any way to use Devtools to fix this or is just recreating the maps a few times the only solve? This is our 2nd restart to try and fix this issue so any help is appreciated!

I notice too, at my solo play the scout mission was pretty close (less then 500m) to the scout (Tier 1-4).

While playing now MP they are far away (Tier 1 played so far only) about 1.5-2km.

But the quest never made a check for the Biome since you never know what direction the scout quests are, they can lead into dangerous biome. But that can happen with other mission too, when the trader is close to the wasteland biome.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

@KhaineGB

Good news, this post does not contain any questions!

I found the issue with the DF guns (M4A1, Coil Rifle/Sniper & LaserRifle) not breaking out of aim mode to reload either when manual reload requested via R key or clip/magazine empty.

Spoiler

Its the HoldType.

They all have type 48, which is used with the AK47.

For some reason that type does work with the AK but not with the DF items.

I replaced the rifles with type 71 and the sniper with 77, from the T2TacticalAR, T3Sniper respectively.

Tested in A19.5 DF3.4 S0.944 via cm u method, also with biggest scope possible fitted.

Yes the hold positions are a bit odd, and the reload animation is a bit more odd but for me these are negligible for the functionality obtained.

I am not sure if there are more suitable types, better hand holds and better animations.

I am not sure if the targeting is effected either.

I guess the hardest part would be if the unity models need to have their orientation changed?

Otherwise, the aim might be trivial as I think that is covered in the xml already, if needed some adjustment to the data values would work?

In summary, the only change made was to the holdtype, via patch xml file using <set ... @vlaue>xxxx</set>

Hope this is of use to you.

10 hours ago, gakuro said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'm having issues on a self-hosted Multiplayer server where the White River Scout quests (Lady Killer, Electrician etc) are spawning 2-3 KMs away from the initial start zone. On the 1st iteration, it even spawned the quest at the edge of the Wasteland zone which isn't exactly ideal for an early quest. We're using the DFalls-Large1-NoCP. When I made a local version with the DFalls-Large1-NoCP, the quest spawns in the temperate biome, 300 to 400 meters away from the starting zone as it should. Is there any way to use Devtools to fix this or is just recreating the maps a few times the only solve? This is our 2nd restart to try and fix this issue so any help is appreciated!

Vanilla MP bug. Happens with buried supplies quests too. Not fixable.

10 hours ago, Talzoid said:

Having a bit of an Issue with the mod and Sorcery mod. the first part is this error always appears when I have both installed.... IOWhv.jpg 

After that happens the mods seem to load fine but once in game a few other things go wrong depending on the world generated. I have had the initial quests suddenly end with "no trader found" or I can complete the quests but other players cannot. I have also had it where as soon as I get close to any POI the game freezes up and the POI's disappear. I have checked both mods alone and there are no errors there, it only happens when bot are installed, Any clues?

Sorcery isn't compatible yet from what I understand So... don't use it?

4 hours ago, Apaseall said:

@KhaineGB

Good news, this post does not contain any questions!

I found the issue with the DF guns (M4A1, Coil Rifle/Sniper & LaserRifle) not breaking out of aim mode to reload either when manual reload requested via R key or clip/magazine empty.

Reveal hidden contents

Its the HoldType.

They all have type 48, which is used with the AK47.

For some reason that type does work with the AK but not with the DF items.

I replaced the rifles with type 71 and the sniper with 77, from the T2TacticalAR, T3Sniper respectively.

Tested in A19.5 DF3.4 S0.944 via cm u method, also with biggest scope possible fitted.

Yes the hold positions are a bit odd, and the reload animation is a bit more odd but for me these are negligible for the functionality obtained.

I am not sure if there are more suitable types, better hand holds and better animations.

I am not sure if the targeting is effected either.

I guess the hardest part would be if the unity models need to have their orientation changed?

Otherwise, the aim might be trivial as I think that is covered in the xml already, if needed some adjustment to the data values would work?

In summary, the only change made was to the holdtype, via patch xml file using <set ... @vlaue>xxxx</set>

Hope this is of use to you.

Not changing it. It's that simple. Work around it. I picked those hold types because they'll work better with the guns when I animate them, and fixing positions requires a lot of time fixing it in unity.

@KhaineGB quick question regarding hazmat materials:

Given that the anti-rad mods are already gated behind master scientist (i'm assuming, since i've never seen them drop as loot-able mods, and my loot bonus is perk/gear maxed), and the change in the amount of fiber needed to make them (from 12/piece to 18/piece).. would you consider making them craftable?

Def. should not be cheap, but relying on random drop chances from Haz-zoms (and researchers/scientists, if they have a chance to drop them) shouldn't be the only way to get them. Perhaps lock the fiber crafting behind science crafting 5, using military fiber and lead? 

42 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Not changing it. It's that simple. Work around it. I picked those hold types because they'll work better with the guns when I animate them, and fixing positions requires a lot of time fixing it in unity.

No worries :) Just posting to let you know, plus if anyone else was interested, there is now something for them too.

33 minutes ago, wolfarus said:

Given that the anti-rad mods are already gated behind master scientist (i'm assuming, since i've never seen them drop as loot-able mods, and my loot bonus is perk/gear maxed), and the change in the amount of fiber needed to make them (from 12/piece to 18/piece).. would you consider making them craftable?

Def. should not be cheap, but relying on random drop chances from Haz-zoms (and researchers/scientists, if they have a chance to drop them) shouldn't be the only way to get them. Perhaps lock the fiber crafting behind science crafting 5, using military fiber and lead? 

No, but I added them to loot lists in the dev version.

9 hours ago, wolfarus said:

Eve will send you to the DF bunker mission, you can farm infinite amounts of the fibers and schematics there. I posted a video on this forum on how to do so fairly easily.

8 hours ago, Crimsonmortis said:

Using Dev. build three. I have not seen any wandering hordes yet. We are playing without Bloodmoon hordes, will this impact the wandering horde mod?

Group of six of us all wanted to say THANK YOU for this mod!!!

I am playing latest stable build at solo and MP without bloodmoon and i got alot of wandering hordes.

They allways coming for coffee while clearing a POI or at even when you just stit at home. But when you don't made much noise they just pass the area and move on.

1 hour ago, geengaween said:

Is this compatible with other non-overhaul mods, like modlets that add extra weapons and posters?

Some may work, many won't.

5 hours ago, PROJECT-BLUE said:

Alpha 20.3 DF 4.01 - Dedicated server using RWG we can't complete the "The Reward" quest from the Seasoned Survivor. It says "NO TRADER" Any ideas?

There's probably no bunker in your map. Try a "DFalls-"Map.

19 hours ago, Crimsonmortis said:

Using Dev. build three. I have not seen any wandering hordes yet. We are playing without Bloodmoon hordes, will this impact the wandering horde mod?

Group of six of us all wanted to say THANK YOU for this mod!!!

It's set to 24hrs but remember that wandering hordes may not spawn if you're very mobile. They tend to only spawn when you're in 1 place for a long period of time.

9 hours ago, HollywoodHoser said:

First time playing with DF installed on our server. Loving it! One question - neither my buddy or I ever get infected. Is this a known bug or something maybe wonky with our server? Know I should be happy we’re immune to the virus, but… takes a bit of the challenge away :)

Depends on your difficulty settings. Higher difficulty = greater chance of infection.

5 hours ago, geengaween said:

Is this compatible with other non-overhaul mods, like modlets that add extra weapons and posters?

Weapons, probably not. Posters and such should be fine.

10 hours ago, PROJECT-BLUE said:

Alpha 20.3 DF 4.01 - Dedicated server using RWG we can't complete the "The Reward" quest from the Seasoned Survivor. It says "NO TRADER" Any ideas?
spacer.png

The problem is that your RWG world didn't spawn a DF bunker, thus that mission will always be impossible to complete. If you are going to use RWG, I suggest enabling the debug mode (DM in the F1 console) first in SP w/ the newly created world and hitting escape, then searching the POI's for bunker, lab, Razor, Eve, and Anna. If DF bunker and DF lab and/or any of those names don't pop up, reroll your map with another seed, otherwise you'll have problems like this again.

Edited by Chivalric
called debug mode developer mode on accident, elaborated on how to use (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Chivalric said:

If you are going to use RWG

These are the POI names: 

DFalls_Annas_House
DFalls_Eves_Camp
DFalls_Military_Bunker
DFalls_Razors_House
DFalls_Resarch_Lab1
DFalls_settlement_caitlin

An alternative is to use this website, drag and drop the files from the RWG world, and filter prefabs for "DF".

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

but remember that wandering hordes may not spawn if you're very mobile.

Latest build, i just headed to a mission point for a scout quest, and needed to clear a horde before i even think to activate the mission.

If you didn't changed anything at the dev. build they spawn fast enough ! 🙂

2 hours ago, BarryTGash said:

These are the POI names: 

DFalls_Annas_House
DFalls_Eves_Camp
DFalls_Military_Bunker
DFalls_Razors_House
DFalls_Resarch_Lab1

An alternative is to use this website, drag and drop the files from the RWG world, and filter prefabs for "DF".

4 hours ago, Chivalric said:

The problem is that your RWG world didn't spawn a DF bunker, thus that mission will always be impossible to complete. If you are going to use RWG, I suggest enabling the debug mode (DM in the F1 console) first in SP w/ the newly created world and hitting escape, then searching the POI's for bunker, lab, Razor, Eve, and Anna. If DF bunker and DF lab and/or any of those names don't pop up, reroll your map with another seed, otherwise you'll have problems like this again.

Thanks guys! I have searched my prefabs.xml file for my world and can see all but DFalls_Military_Bunker are present...
Is there any way to manually add this POI to my world? Or even start a new world but keep our progression and inventory?

Also is there any way - if starting a new world; to make sure the POI's are present apart from "rolling the dice" so to speak with RWG multiple times until finding a world with all of the required POI's?

I have myself and a few other players on my server, we are past gamestage 200 and would rather not lose our progress but also realise we can not really progress any higher unless we have this quest available...

Hoping for a solution but knowing my luck we'll have to restart over again... :(

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

It's set to 24hrs but remember that wandering hordes may not spawn if you're very mobile. They tend to only spawn when you're in 1 place for a long period of time.

Depends on your difficulty settings. Higher difficulty = greater chance of infection.

Weapons, probably not. Posters and such should be fine.

Hmm strange. We didn’t adjust any difficulty settings. I’ll dig around in the configs. But day 53 and we’ve but but PLENTY of times (200 deaths between us) and zero infections.

Appreciate the response, and thanks again for an awesome mod!

7 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Thank you for the suggestion but I found a way to resolve this without regenerating my world - see below if interested :)

6 hours ago, BarryTGash said:

These are the POI names: 

DFalls_Annas_House
DFalls_Eves_Camp
DFalls_Military_Bunker
DFalls_Razors_House
DFalls_Resarch_Lab1

This was helpful in identifying which POI's I needed to get added to my world - thanks!

I was only missing DFalls_Military_Bunker in my world and have managed to add it to my world without regenerating the entire map - see below if interested :)

2 hours ago, Canute said:

On a random map it allways can happen that one of these specific POI don't get added.

About the question to add a POI to a world, maybe you should look at

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/5/3158630999984400493

or do a websearch for "7days add POI to existing world"

Unfotunately most tutorials are out of date (I already seen the link you provided just before you posted it 😁) and only work on Alpha 19 or below because the Prefab menu was removed (usually you'd access this by pressing Z then K while in debug mode)

I have however found an updated tutorial for Alpha 20 which allowed me to add the POI to my existing world (YouTube: 7 Days To Die Alpha 20: How to Add, Remove or Replace POI's)
A few extra steps for me as I had to copy the world files to my PC to be able to edit them in-game and then had to copy the files back to the server once finished.

Steps I had to take:

1) Copy the world files from the server to my PC  running the game.

2) Open the game and select Editing Tools - World Editor

3) Select my world that I copied from the server

4) Placed the POI in my world, saved it and exited the world editor

5) Delete the chunk which the POI was placed in to allow the server to refresh that chunk on startup

6) Copy the world back to the server

I have since tried to start "The Reward" quest again and this time it has not cancelled itself and the waypoint is in the exact location where I placed the POI in the world with the tutorial above.

Happy our server didn't have to wipe again!

Edited by PROJECT-BLUE
Accidentally CTRL+SHIFT'ed which posted the reply too early (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Nuggzy said:

I have 2 farm plot recipes, is there any advantage to crafting farm plot blocks with fertilizer or is it simply old way vs new way?

As I understand it, both farm plots will be identical in growing behaviour - it's just an alternate path to make it.

1 hour ago, BarryTGash said:

As I understand it, both farm plots will be identical in growing behaviour - it's just an alternate path to make it.

That's what I thought, they both craft to the same stack so they have to be the same item, just wanted to confirm my findings because I had been told it was different.