Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I am unable to pick up rocks, trash, birds nest .... chopped trees go to zero and don't fall .... some sounds aren't heard .... and area where I fell through the world .... have EAC and occlusion off .....  HELP !!!!

Also no window at game enter about DF or game explanation

Edited by Old Man Gaming
more problems (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, Old Man Gaming said:

I am unable to pick up rocks, trash, birds nest .... chopped trees go to zero and don't fall .... some sounds aren't heard .... and area where I fell through the world .... have EAC and occlusion off .....  HELP !!!!

What installation instruction did you use?

53 minutes ago, Old Man Gaming said:

I'm guessing you either didn't delete the old mods folder, you added more mods on top of it, have the wrong game version for the mod, or some combination of all three. I've never heard of or seen glitches like that and I've been playing nearly 7k hours with numerous mods.

Hey guys!

Got the mod set up, but it's throwing a heap of errors when loading...

When I copied my original install over, I made sure I removed all the previous mods... and I'm trying to load the smallest Darkness Falls map.

I keep getting the error 'could not load...'

and 'access to the path... is denied'.

The game asked permissions on first load, and I hit accept... Any ideas?

4 hours ago, MadE92 said:

Only thing I can think of is maybe you launched it with EAC version of the .exe, other than that I got nothing. I tried re-creating it by launching the same map with EAC off and didn't get any errors in the console.

5 hours ago, MadE92 said:

Hey guys!

Got the mod set up, but it's throwing a heap of errors when loading...

When I copied my original install over, I made sure I removed all the previous mods... and I'm trying to load the smallest Darkness Falls map.

The game asked permissions on first load, and I hit accept... Any ideas?

Were you launching from shortcut? Check your vanilla 7 Days for errors through Steam, then delete modded folder and make another copy of vanilla 7 Days and install DF files into it. And of course no EAC.

Glorious day for me, DF released to the V3 mod launcher. Return of A17 bad food throw-up...love it. My only complaint ever with DF was food so easy. Not anymore with implementing rotten food. Thanks Khaine. Definitely hiting up your Patreon today. Simply the most fun one can have in & days to die. At least solo which is all I know about because this the only mode I ever play. Goona also try and get Neebs gaming to start a DF series. In case they dont already have one.

29 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

That's the error you get when you start with EAC. I was getting the same NULL reference when trying to recreate a glitch somebody else was having.

It only happens to me when I go through the countryside, in the cities it works well, The EAC deactivated it from the launcher before starting the game but it keeps happening to me, at first everything was fine it started happening to me at level 40

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Does anyone have a custom DF map with a very large megacity that they could share?

RWG for DF is still a work in progress, right?

/just wanting a different sort of map play-through this time around

You do know A20 really drags in regular cities. I would think you might be playing at under 10 fps in one large city.

Question. Khaine B., Did you alter A20's new weather system? If not I would like to report a very minor detail where the rain sound starts to play but there is no visual rain and player never gets wet. Of course this could be the base game.

Edited by Bigrowdy (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Does anyone have a custom DF map with a very large megacity that they could share?

RWG for DF is still a work in progress, right?

/just wanting a different sort of map play-through this time around

Have you tried making one in a client? I know the map needs a certain amount of environments for the advanced buildings.

8 hours ago, Kirilles said:

Were you launching from shortcut? Check your vanilla 7 Days for errors through Steam, then delete modded folder and make another copy of vanilla 7 Days and install DF files into it. And of course no EAC.

Nah I was launching from the new copy. I might actually remove all of the files and start fresh, just to avoid any issues.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Eltore7days said:

It only happens to me when I go through the countryside, in the cities it works well, The EAC deactivated it from the launcher before starting the game but it keeps happening to me, at first everything was fine it started happening to me at level 40

It seems that the error is when I install sorcery mod, darkness falls by itself works fine

So I'm very excited to try DF for the first time. Would most other smaller mods off Nexus not work with this, like faster crafting/smelting speed increases, etc? I just checked via Discord, but all I saw mentioned was Sorcery and BDubs vehicles (which I believe is part of DF). 

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

Just started a game on the small1-noCP map and noticed the initial find trader quest sent me to anna instead of a normal trader.  I'm assume because she is in a indestructible bunker with a working sink, stove, and lots of file cabinets/bookshelfs she is meant more for end game and not starting out lol.  just figured I'd report it

49 minutes ago, ZombieMikeG said:

So I'm very excited to try DF for the first time. Would most other smaller mods off Nexus not work with this, like faster crafting/smelting speed increases, etc? I just checked via Discord, but all I saw mentioned was Sorcery and BDubs vehicles (which I believe is part of DF). 

I certainly can't say for sure but most overhaul mods dont play well with a lot of other modlets or mods. The ones listed like sorcery have been confirmed to work with no problems. Everything else is a gamble.