Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

7 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I just started b36 the first time. First Bug: I crafted the book for the farming quest and got two. When I craft a stone axe, i get two, if I repair a stone axe later in the belt, I get another stone axe in the inventory. Happened also with the stone hammer and maybe other crafted stuff.

You still have the old quality degradation patch. Delete your /Mods folder, replace it with the one from the latest zip you downloaded.

5 hours ago, Gidaeon said:

Isn't that a 'Working as intended' type of thing, since everyone has their own personal factions now?

I've always thought it was so I never said anything.

It does it in vanilla too.

9 hours ago, Falaffel said:

I just started b36 the first time. First Bug: I crafted the book for the farming quest and got two. When I craft a stone axe, i get two, if I repair a stone axe later in the belt, I get another stone axe in the inventory. Happened also with the stone hammer and maybe other crafted stuff.

I've mastered all classes and I've never seen that bug before.. do you have mods outside of the ones for DF running? Edit: Just saw that Khaine answered that, would delete but can't?

WTF, just logged back into my save, character data is all gone, but the world persisted? The game didn't glitch or crash, I logged out normally. -.-

The only thing out of the norm I can think of is that trader Hugh glitched out and duplicated himself, then the duplicate got erased somehow, and I had the fetch box in my inventory. Nothing else was out of the ordinary.

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

I checked my save folder, it created new character data for some reason. Instead of EOS_.... it's Steam_ with the same numbers. Never seen this happen before.

I have no clue what's going on, but those Steam_ files keep getting replaced, even when I delete them. Something is very messed up.

@KhaineGB

(using b36)

Stumbled across Razor in the vsmall map (East of Jen, in the grass biome). When I entered there was a big crater to the left of the entry that was 'still' in the process of caving in. Is this correct for Razor? If not, would deleting the region file for this area be in order?

Related note: I've done about ten quests with the scout at Jen's compound and only get options for more quests (no DF quests to find the next scout/DF quest giver as expected). I'm just gonna keep stumbling around until the release drops, I figure this is a maybe known issue as I saw mention of it already somewhere.

@ChivalricI had that happen to me when A20 first dropped (no DF). Played about 30 days in-game, took a break for a couple weeks, then the save lost all my character progress, but the world still had my structures, etc. Probably a bug when the game build updated or something. I started a new game rather than dig into it. Without backups of the save files from before I loaded, I was kind of stuck with nothing to compare to (and no errors in the console I could identify). Was hoping it was a one-off. No errors, although I also noticed one of the traders doubled up in that earlier game session (forget exactly when) while I was watching and then one of them disappeared a few moments later. Might be related, but only guessing.

5 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I've mastered all classes and I've never seen that bug before.. do you have mods outside of the ones for DF running? Edit: Just saw that Khaine answered that, would delete but can't?

WTF, just logged back into my save, character data is all gone, but the world persisted? The game didn't glitch or crash, I logged out normally. -.-

The only thing out of the norm I can think of is that trader Hugh glitched out and duplicated himself, then the duplicate got erased somehow, and I had the fetch box in my inventory. Nothing else was out of the ordinary.

Did you launch offline? Cos that's the issue. Apparently fixed in A20.1

15 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

@KhaineGB

(using b36)

Stumbled across Razor in the vsmall map (East of Jen, in the grass biome). When I entered there was a big crater to the left of the entry that was 'still' in the process of caving in. Is this correct for Razor? If not, would deleting the region file for this area be in order?

Related note: I've done about ten quests with the scout at Jen's compound and only get options for more quests (no DF quests to find the next scout/DF quest giver as expected). I'm just gonna keep stumbling around until the release drops, I figure this is a maybe known issue as I saw mention of it already somewhere.

The maps are getting remade anyways cos Small is totally broken. They were only for testing out stuff anyways (started on that, Small1 is done, and thats it).

And I THINK that bug is also fixed but need to double check.

15 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Does not happen any more today (read: after reloading the save game).

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Did you launch offline? Cos that's the issue. Apparently fixed in A20.1

I haven't started a game in offline mode since before A16. Internet didn't seem to be having any issues either when I was trying to play, as I was listening to YT videos just fine while launching the game.

9 hours ago, Chivalric said:

Oh and on an unrelated note, for some reason even weak zombies are 1 shotting the blocks of the walls of trader Jen's place. Not sure what's going on with that.

Sheet strength has been nerfed to oblivion by TFP. IIRC, the sheets making up Jen's base are like 75hp or less.

I'd almost consider it reasonable to grab a stack of cobblestone blocks from the creative menu and reinforce the walls. Almost.

47 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

I haven't started a game in offline mode since before A16. Internet didn't seem to be having any issues either when I was trying to play, as I was listening to YT videos just fine while launching the game.

Were you logged in to steam? I run DF from a duplicate of the main steam install. I did forget to log in once and although steam opens when you launch the game, the game loads before the account is connected - or at least that's my hypothesis.

Edited by BarryTGash (see edit history)

Alright, so I profusely apologize for what I'm sure is a very dumb question, but I've had zero luck with googling an answer for this and I'm not experienced enough with modding 7D2D to figure this out on my own apparently.

I grabbed the dev build from last Tuesday and emptied out my Mods folder completely before dropping it in. I'm pretty sure I did that part right, but feel free to check me if I'm just dumb. Any time I boot up a new save to try the game, it will flow through server creation, usually with some loading errors before finally getting to 'Loading Player' and spamming my console with hundreds of NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object a second. I left it alone for 5 minutes at one point to see if it would just load past that, but it didn't, and while I could try waiting longer, I suspect just waiting won't fix it.

spacer.png

I can see about providing a log too if there's not a quick, easy answer to this that I'm missing.

Sorry for a repeat question (too tired/brain dead to check the last twenty pages or so)...

Is RWG still not working for DF?  An on-going problem that won't be fixed for awhile until after A20 stablizes?

/looking for a megacity DF map... just for something different

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I always launch the game from steam.

I've restarted my computer and started a new game, everything seems to be working.. for now.

Don't do that! Copy the game folder to a separate directory, install DF there and start 7DaysToDie.exe of of this folder. Otherwise, Steam will update 7d2d sooner or later, which could break DF.

4 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Don't do that! Copy the game folder to a separate directory, install DF there and start 7DaysToDie.exe of of this folder. Otherwise, Steam will update 7d2d sooner or later, which could break DF.

I'm aware, I keep up with the Steam updates. If it does, I'll simply do as you mentioned, I have before several times. Steam doesn't update my games unless I tell it to.

Hoping we get a JT that can use energy cells someday, and turrets using the coil rounds. I'm sure that'll be a long way off though, if at all. Loving all the stuff being added all the same.

I mentioned that I'd upload an example of how I lay out my garden a few days ago, got delayed due to my last save being corrupted. Haven't gone and found all the seeds yet, but the layout is more or less done. Edit: I don't live at the trader's place, I just like having my garden there since I have high traffic through it.

20220201014213_1.jpg

Edited by Chivalric (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I mentioned that I'd upload an example of how I lay out my garden a few days ago, got delayed due to my last save being corrupted. Haven't gone and found all the seeds yet, but the layout is more or less done. Edit: I don't live at the trader's place, I just like having my garden there since I have high traffic through it.

That's... unusual? I break my garden up in to 5x5 plots with 1 rain catcher in the middle, so 24 usable plots. In a 10x10, that would be 96 usable plots. I recall Khaine saying that a rain catcher has a 4 block radius so you could do 9x9 with only 1 rain catcher...

2 hours ago, BarryTGash said:

That's... unusual? I break my garden up in to 5x5 plots with 1 rain catcher in the middle, so 24 usable plots. In a 10x10, that would be 96 usable plots. I recall Khaine saying that a rain catcher has a 4 block radius so you could do 9x9 with only 1 rain catcher...

I like the row look more, plus I used to do it the way you mentioned, and it would always leave several of the plants in the growing phase for 2-3x longer than the rest of the plants. I want them all to grow at the same speed.

33 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

I like the row look more, plus I used to do it the way you mentioned, and it would always leave several of the plants in the growing phase for 2-3x longer than the rest of the plants. I want them all to grow at the same speed.

Interesting. I find it's usually the inner plants that take longer - there is a random element to growth rate anyway. As for layout - it's your game :) just throwing it out there.

55 minutes ago, BarryTGash said:

Interesting. I find it's usually the inner plants that take longer - there is a random element to growth rate anyway. As for layout - it's your game :) just throwing it out there.

It was random as to which ones wouldn't grow each time, so the random element makes sense. Only trees would grow the same way at the same time. I die a little inside each time I see the garden with the alternating plots/soil, but have to stretch them out until I can fill them all with plots. I don't paint or care what my bases look like, as I end up abandoning them after one horde night, even if they did perfectly, but I fuss over my garden constantly.

9 hours ago, Chivalric said:

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but increased my page filing from 50 to 200 GB on my secondary SSD, and went from sub 30's to upwards of 130 FPS. The game did take like 5x longer to load than normal, though.

Yep, I use 16GB min, 32GB max AND a windows managed file and it works a lot better.

But this system has 32GB system ram.