Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

52 minutes ago, VicWint said:

However, in this case, that has not happened.

I'm not talking about the red checkmarks, in my case I'd read (e.g.) "Minibike for Dumb@%$#s" several times, but I wouldn't get the check in the perks list (or maybe the next level... can't remember).

Edit: I also made sure I read the skill books from a belt slot, as per instructions.

Edited by Jost Amman (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I'm not talking about the red checkmarks, in my case I'd read (e.g.) "Minibike for Dumb@%$#s" several times, but I wouldn't get the check in the perks list (or maybe the next level... can't remember).

Edit: I also made sure I read the skill books from a belt slot, as per instructions.

i feel like ive never noticed any change when i used belt read books like that myself. ofcourse i could just be a blind fool . wish there was a pop up rather than just a sound that could be mistaken for an error lol

Edited by Nickguy5467 (see edit history)

i feel like im missing something. with DF backpack being like 96 or something. having pack mule maxed only brings it to half way about 54 cleared to reduce encumber chance. are there any added things (perks or something related) i missing or am i just stuck with that. i mean its still a larger bag so thats good 😃

Edited by Nickguy5467 (see edit history)

9 hours ago, haaammit said:

Hallo, me again. Currently having fun with the mod. I've turned all the graphics settings up but things like gunsafes, wallsafes, vendingmachines etc are still showing very low quality. What am I missing? Textures are fine in vanilla. I've selected the Ultra setting, but it's not changing those items. Below is a screenie of a wall safe in Darkness Falls (3.5) and then a gunsafe in 19.6 Vanilla.
What have I done wrong? lol :)

Hide contents

F4sdIff.jpg
FwuGH2c.jpg

That wall safe looks normal to me... so I don't get the issue. However it's possible you dont have enough video RAM so the game is enabling texture streaming by default.

8 hours ago, bserdogmom said:

I am a long time 7dtd player who is using this mod for the first time and I love it!!  We recently got a smoking hot gaming computer and the performance even at most demanding settings is awesome.

My one issue is with gun scrapping.  It is my understand that guns should scrap to parts, but mine all scrap to 3 pieces of scrap iron. I have tried it on the workbench, with guns I buy, guns I find, and guns I craft. They all only scrap to iron. Am I missing something?

Gun's don't scrap to parts in DF. That's vanilla.

7 hours ago, VicWint said:

I have been running into strange behavior recently.

For example, I read a workbench schematic and it does nothing (except vanish). I have workbenches 1 but not workbenches 2. So far, I have read two workbench schematics and have had them vanish without doing anything.

I see nothing in the dark falls items.xml that could account for this. So presumably the problem happens somewhere else.

Is it possible that, despite the DF items.xml, the base game's workbench schematic is still dropping?

I may need to check that workbench schematic and make sure it's doing what it's supposed to do.

What it's supposed to do is unlock the workbenches perk.  If it's just unlocking a cvar (like vanilla), that's not intended.

13 minutes ago, Nickguy5467 said:

i feel like im missing something. with DF backpack being like 96 or something. having pack mule maxed only brings it to half way about 54 cleared to reduce encumber chance. are there any added things (perks or something related) i missing or am i just stuck with that. i mean its still a larger bag so thats good 😃

You're definitely missing something. It's possible to unlock all but 1 slot in the backpack with 3 pack mule + other things.

28 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

That wall safe looks normal to me... so I don't get the issue. However it's possible you dont have enough video RAM so the game is enabling texture streaming by default.

Gun's don't scrap to parts in DF. That's vanilla.

I may need to check that workbench schematic and make sure it's doing what it's supposed to do.

What it's supposed to do is unlock the workbenches perk.  If it's just unlocking a cvar (like vanilla), that's not intended.

You're definitely missing something. It's possible to unlock all but 1 slot in the backpack with 3 pack mule + other things.

alright. thanks sir ill keep searching. pocket mods are helping. 

Hello, i'm having this error when i try to connect to my server

ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing " failed
exception: traderItemGroup 'weaponsGunParts' does not exist or has not been defined before being reference by trader_items/trader_item_group id='75'

Is there a possible fix to this?

Thank you

22 hours ago, haaammit said:

Hallo, me again. Currently having fun with the mod. I've turned all the graphics settings up but things like gunsafes, wallsafes, vendingmachines etc are still showing very low quality. What am I missing? Textures are fine in vanilla. I've selected the Ultra setting, but it's not changing those items. Below is a screenie of a wall safe in Darkness Falls (3.5) and then a gunsafe in 19.6 Vanilla.
What have I done wrong? lol :)

Reveal hidden contents

F4sdIff.jpg
FwuGH2c.jpg

You can try toggling texture streaming and see if it makes a difference:

6 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

i feel like if you didnt pick mechanic with gear monkey, that you're screwed for bikes.. im lvl 35 now and havent found a single wheel to go with the frames T_T my feet hurt >.>

Have you been wrenching (or ratcheting) wheels?

Those often give plastics but sometimes you can recover the wheel.

(Edit: And yes... when I said "plastics", I meant "scrap polymers".)

Edited by VicWint (see edit history)

So i haven’t been able to play the past 3 days due to work, so today I log in to continue my game and I’m on day 64 so I’ve quite a few hours into this game and I haven’t changed anything about it since I started it a few week ago. Playing the random horde mod with no blood moon hordes, just having a great time so for. Well today I encountered something I haven’t seen before. Had a random horde roll in on me. It’s a big horde. All ferals, most are radiated. There’s a behemoth and a demolisher and tough bikers in the mix as well. So nothing out of the ordinary there. The strange thing happened when I shot them. Most of them gained this temporary white Aurora about them. 
my first though was, oh snap, the zombies are going ultra instinct on me. 
So I’ve never seen this before  and I haven’t seen it happen form any you tubers that I know of either. So it’s this a thing or do I got some other funky visual going on atm. Which a visual is all that the white looking Aurora seem to be from what I can tell atm. I haven’t seen it causes them to behave any different or anything and there’re still very killable. 

8C8CD2DC-4936-414A-80BD-796730DBBAF2.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Terminalcase said:

That is the cold debuff from weapon mods.   The cryonmod applies that.  It slowly ticks health and maybe does something else?

Ahh yup I see it now. The past 3 days have been hell at work and I pretty much forgot I had put that mod on my may gun before logging out Monday night. 
And I’ve never used that mod until now so didn’t know about it. Thanks for the help. Cheers

45 minutes ago, Vidra53 said:

How to resolve this problem? It happned when i opened a bag on the ground.
7dtd-problem.jpg

That looks to me like a mod conflict issue.

Do you have any other mods installed in that game? Are they all up-to-date? Do any of them conflict?

Edit:

3 minutes ago, Nickguy5467 said:

are zombie bears a DF thing or a core game thing? anyway they suck. It seems i built my base right where two zombie ears  spawn  every day  and attack me. now they fall into my kill pit , but still feels like a waste of ammo lol

They are a core game thing.

Zombie Bear - Official 7 Days to Die Wiki (fandom.com) has a few comments about them.

Edited by VicWint (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Vidra53 said:

How to resolve this problem? It happned when i opened a bag on the ground.
7dtd-problem.jpg

Wandering trader issue that was fixed weeks ago.

8 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

are zombie bears a DF thing or a core game thing? anyway they suck. It seems i built my base right where two zombie ears  spawn  every day  and attack me. now they fall into my kill pit , but still feels like a waste of ammo lol

Core game.

3 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

so uh. i found a trader base but it was destroyed when i got there. no trader or anything, walls busted in etc. is that part or the game (finding random dead outposts) or something i have to worry about  DF? being the trader protection taken away

They're POI's from the compo pack.