Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

4 minutes ago, Lumpus said:

Where can I DL the 'Anywhere Anytime' add-on mod for DF?  

/don't see it at any of the usual places

It's in the DF discord.

However i've uploaded it to my google drive since people either don't want to join it, or somehow fail to pass the very simple anti-bot verification check.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PL76w0nRpG4_sn3FikT87492S1Sn_O2B/view?usp=sharing

Also, it's not "Anywhere, anytime." That's just what Jawoodle calls his series.

28 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Check to see if the first letter needs to be capitalized - WanderingHordeStageGS1 vs wanderingHordeStageGS1 (and also check to make sure you got it correct).  The game is looking, but can't find the object.  That makes me believe you might have an issue with the change you made (does not match up to the group name).

Well I was copying this from the game. I just wanted to have regular Hordes instead of Blood Moon Zombies. But I am not a modder. I dont know anything about it and just wanted to get the code. It seems thats not possible, sadly because I really like the mod. Just dont want to have always Ferals in it.

57 minutes ago, Krisrennt said:

Well I was copying this from the game. I just wanted to have regular Hordes instead of Blood Moon Zombies. But I am not a modder. I dont know anything about it and just wanted to get the code. It seems thats not possible, sadly because I really like the mod. Just dont want to have always Ferals in it.

Then play romero mod. It's got the same mod in it but they always walk.

Hell you MIGHT be able to copy the wandering horde code from that and use it.

15 minutes ago, Nickguy5467 said:

why is "traders no longer protected" listed in mod features when i have the current version v3.6 and there are still guards with guns at rekt? im confused

It means trader protection is off. So zombies can destroy walls, you can build inside the POI, etc.

Edited by khzmusik
Stupid autocorrect (see edit history)

Hey Khaine love your mod. Can't play 7 Days without it anymore. I am trying to get the two modlets you have for the main mod to activate but am having issues, The lockable inventory and wandering hordes are not working. I've even put both of them into vanilla and I can see right away that at least the lockable inventory works in vanilla so I can only assume the wandering hordes works as well. However, for DF I put the same modlets into the mods folder for DF in the main directory and they don't seem to work? I even tried putting both modlets into the TempMods folder to see if that would fix it. When I look at the console in game it says it is loading the mods so it looks like the game can see the data but it still doesn't work. I can only assume the wandering hordes modlet isn't going to work either if the lockable inventory isn't working at the start of the server. This is all local play as well no dedicated server or anything. I am not sure what else to do to get these two to work?

On 8/23/2021 at 4:13 PM, KhaineGB said:

I'm not going through all the localization for all the books to duplicate the same information that people could find if they looked at the book, what it unlocks, went "Oh, it unlocks this perk" and then looked up the perk.

That's several HOURS if not DAYS with time better spent elsewhere just because people can't be bothered to look.

Ok...

I do not feel up to tackling the translation issues either (though I am tempted to try for an english language update for the descriptions, which preserves the existing text for other languages).

In the mean time, I guess the concept is: when reading schematics for armor and workstations, they might involve perks and if you want to check whether you have them you should look for those corresponding perks.

7 hours ago, Cbass said:

Hey Khaine love your mod. Can't play 7 Days without it anymore. I am trying to get the two modlets you have for the main mod to activate but am having issues, The lockable inventory and wandering hordes are not working. I've even put both of them into vanilla and I can see right away that at least the lockable inventory works in vanilla so I can only assume the wandering hordes works as well. However, for DF I put the same modlets into the mods folder for DF in the main directory and they don't seem to work? I even tried putting both modlets into the TempMods folder to see if that would fix it. When I look at the console in game it says it is loading the mods so it looks like the game can see the data but it still doesn't work. I can only assume the wandering hordes modlet isn't going to work either if the lockable inventory isn't working at the start of the server. This is all local play as well no dedicated server or anything. I am not sure what else to do to get these two to work?

Lockable inventory slots is already included in DF, so you don't need to add it.

And it sounds like you're using the launcher, so i'm not totally sure how you'd add mods to that. But for me I have 7 Days to Die/Mods. The wandering horde modlet goes into the /Mods folder.

1 hour ago, VicWint said:

Ok...

I do not feel up to tackling the translation issues either (though I am tempted to try for an english language update for the descriptions, which preserves the existing text for other languages).

In the mean time, I guess the concept is: when reading schematics for armor and workstations, they might involve perks and if you want to check whether you have them you should look for those corresponding perks.

I have an idea, but I make 0 promises.

Had to rebuild/build a new pc. Had a current playthgough of DF 3.5 (Alpha 19.5) saved that I've managed to keep, but installing 7D2D ModLauncher on the new system this has downloaded 3.6 (for Alpha 19.6). Is there any way to make 7D2D Modlauncher use 3.5 so I can continue my current playthrough or am I boned? ModLauncher will copy across 19.5 ok, it's finding DF 3.5 that seems to be the issue.

Many thanks :)

3 hours ago, haaammit said:

Had to rebuild/build a new pc. Had a current playthgough of DF 3.5 (Alpha 19.5) saved that I've managed to keep, but installing 7D2D ModLauncher on the new system this has downloaded 3.6 (for Alpha 19.6). Is there any way to make 7D2D Modlauncher use 3.5 so I can continue my current playthrough or am I boned? ModLauncher will copy across 19.5 ok, it's finding DF 3.5 that seems to be the issue.

Many thanks :)

3.5 is on nexus. You can't use it with the launcher.

28 minutes ago, Nickguy5467 said:

so i installed a horde wandering mod thing and it caused command line errors suggesting i used the wrong one that either doesnt work with a19 or DF can anyone point me to the correct file?

Pretty sure I posted either on this page or the last page with a google link to download it, which works fine with DF.

so im having trouble getting crops to grow i till the land and plant but it will just stay as a seed never go to growing stage. It will do it even if use a bucket to place water within a 4 block distance. Also tried irrigation system and im pretty sure its set up right but thats not working as well. also if you place water are you not able to pick it back up.

Not being able to pick up placed water is intended to stop the infinite water nonsense.

You need water within 4 blocks. Plants CONSUME water, so you can't just put a block down and hope it works.

You need a water pump for the irrigation. The pump must be next to water. It does not consume the water, but plants will if they're too close.

Farming tutorial: 

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Not without the actual log, no. Screenshots rarely tell me anything useful.

I think I found the relevant part in the Log: I see it's the same error repeating several times after a while:

Spoiler

2021-08-29T11:12:03 1536.161 INF Entity animalZombieDog 9015 killed by ⚜ JOST AMMAN ⚜ 3697
2021-08-29T11:12:06 1539.432 INF Scout spawned a zombie horde
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
  at EntityBuffs.AddBuff (System.String _name, System.Int32 _instigatorId, System.Boolean _netSync, System.Boolean _fromElectrical, System.Boolean _fromNetwork) [0x0013d] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at MinEventActionAddBuff.Execute (MinEventParams _params) [0x00153] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at MinEffectGroup.FireEvent (MinEventTypes _eventType, MinEventParams _eventParms) [0x0002e] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at MinEffectController.FireEvent (MinEventTypes _eventType, MinEventParams _eventParms) [0x00019] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at BuffClass.FireEvent (MinEventTypes _eventType, MinEventParams _params) [0x00013] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at EntityBuffs.FireEvent (MinEventTypes _eventType, BuffClass _buffClass, MinEventParams _params) [0x00003] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at EntityBuffs.Update (System.Single _deltaTime) [0x00128] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00019] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at World.TickEntity (Entity e, System.Single _partialTicks) [0x0015d] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at World.TickEntitiesSlice (System.Int32 count) [0x00037] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at World.TickEntitiesSlice () [0x00000] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00026] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00291] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <4b1a8c809f0943a384283687c21422f8>:0 

Can this help?