Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I've been trying to install this on my Mac. I keep getting the same issue when it goes to creating player  (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object). 

How can I mitigate this issue?  thanks in advance

Made an account just to say that I love this mod. I have a dedicated server and my friends and I are really enjoying it. The mod provides a challenge and brings back the old school mechanics such as skills that increase per activity. Thank you very much for making the game enjoyable - you have done tremendously well. I can't see myself going back to the original game. My only request would to be add lime and lemon trees... just because I love them so much. (As a farmer player - this mod makes farming so enjoyable. Having to replenish water is REALLY good). Once again, thank you this community owes you much :)

Hi There

First of all, I really like this mod, but find it too Zombie crowded. I am a Beginner and have to play the Game on a lower level, to learn the skills. However I really loved the maps - I played on the Darkness pregenerated Maps with the amazing POIs. My Question: Is there a chance, to play the maps without the mod? Can I download the maps from somewhere? Or are the maps only playable with the mod active?

I liked the mod very much, but the zombies around were too much. There was an option to reduce them, but the lowest were 75 and that was too much anyway. My PC is not the newest and I had some serious frame drops in the cities. Is there a way (if the maps cant played without the mod) to reduce the Zombies in the Biom?

Thank you for your hard work. You all did an amazing job by programming this mod!

Kris

Edited by Krisrennt (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Shinywhale said:

Made an account just to say that I love this mod. I have a dedicated server and my friends and I are really enjoying it. The mod provides a challenge and brings back the old school mechanics such as skills that increase per activity. Thank you very much for making the game enjoyable - you have done tremendously well. I can't see myself going back to the original game. My only request would to be add lime and lemon trees... just because I love them so much. (As a farmer player - this mod makes farming so enjoyable. Having to replenish water is REALLY good). Once again, thank you this community owes you much :)

Glad you enjoy it. :) There's actually a lime tree in the mod, I just... forgot to finish what I was going to do with it, so it's creative only.

55 minutes ago, Krisrennt said:

Hi There

First of all, I really like this mod, but find it too Zombie crowded. I am a Beginner and have to play the Game on a lower level, to learn the skills. However I really loved the maps - I played on the Darkness pregenerated Maps with the amazing POIs. My Question: Is there a chance, to play the maps without the mod? Can I download the maps from somewhere? Or are the maps only playable with the mod active?

I liked the mod very much, but the zombies around were too much. There was an option to reduce them, but the lowest were 75 and that was too much anyway. My PC is not the newest and I had some serious frame drops in the cities. Is there a way (if the maps cant played without the mod) to reduce the Zombies in the Biom?

Thank you for your hard work. You all did an amazing job by programming this mod!

Kris

Unfortunately not. The maps kinda need the mod due to my custom POI's.

You can mess with spawning.xml to lower the zombie amounts, but the point of the mod is to increase zombie amounts more than vanilla... since it's supposed to be a zombie apocalypse and there's a lack of zombies. ;)

17 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Portals are pretty rare otherwise the spawning mechanics could tank FPS.

I mean, they look cool.... but I didnt want to murder performance. ;)

That looks like a compo pack POI that may need tweaking, but there's a good chance all maps will be re-made for A19 anyways.

I will keep looking then.

Yeah.. might be compo pack. Don't know the POI name off hand, but if maps are going to be remade.. i guess there is no need to know the name of it. 

1 hour ago, Krisrennt said:

Hi There

Kris

As Khaine mentioned, the pre made maps can't be played without the mod. But there is a way to play vanilla (if you find the mod too hard or taxing on your system).. with a lot (not all) of the custom POIs in the mod. You can add the Compo pack to vanilla and create a new random gen world that will include many of the non-vanilla POIs. The Darkness Falls exclusive POIs won't be in it though. 

That said.. while this mod is more difficult than vanilla.. if difficulty is the main issue, stick with it. It feels more rewarding when you make the big leaps in progress and it will in many ways get easier, even though it gets harder, with time. 

23 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Glad you enjoy it. :) There's actually a lime tree in the mod, I just... forgot to finish what I was going to do with it, so it's creative only.

Unfortunately not. The maps kinda need the mod due to my custom POI's.

You can mess with spawning.xml to lower the zombie amounts, but the point of the mod is to increase zombie amounts more than vanilla... since it's supposed to be a zombie apocalypse and there's a lack of zombies. ;)

Thank you for your answer. I did that (at least I tried). I dont remember the number for the spawning. But it was like 0.3 and I was setting it to 0.03

I changed many numbers and restarted the game. But nothing changed. Did I set the number wrong?

5 minutes ago, Chronicguy said:

As Khaine mentioned, the pre made maps can't be played without the mod. But there is a way to play vanilla (if you find the mod too hard or taxing on your system).. with a lot (not all) of the custom POIs in the mod. You can add the Compo pack to vanilla and create a new random gen world that will include many of the non-vanilla POIs. The Darkness Falls exclusive POIs won't be in it though. 

That said.. while this mod is more difficult than vanilla.. if difficulty is the main issue, stick with it. It feels more rewarding when you make the big leaps in progress and it will in many ways get easier, even though it gets harder, with time. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I still have hope to play the mod with a few changes with the xml file. But I will look for the Compo pack and try it out :)

It's basically this.

<biome name="pine_forest">
        <spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="7" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesDay" />
        <spawn maxcount="4" respawndelay="4" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesNight" />
        <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="15" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
        <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="7" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
        <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="15" time="Any" entitygroup="MeleeSurvivor" />
    </biome>

Turn up the respawn delay.

Hiya!

Ok. Sorry to burst in here... I had my G-Portal 7D2D DF server running. Left it for a couple weeks, gave my buddy the server password so he could log on. He had errors. I tried. Same thing. Odd...was working fine. Long story short...it's been over a week and I've been trying everything I can think of (both G-Portal configuring and FTP adding, uploading, etc).

Server is now 'fresh' with nothing on it other than the core Server Admin stuff and Darkness Falls. Using DF Medium map 4. Errors. We both are still getting the same one we did a week+ ago...

"...blablabla... cropsGrowingMaster"  (basically, it's a block error trying to reference the xml ...I think...I'm no programmer).

I'm not the only one who had this error that talked about it under this forum.

So...any fix? Anything I need to do? Open an xml and add a comma or something? Or is it more envolved?

^_^

Paul L. Ming

18 hours ago, hardlymick said:

Anyone know why I get no sound when launching the DF mod? Also happens if I launch the vanilla game without EAC enabled: No sound at all.

Check the windows sound mixer. It's a different EXE file and windows is dumb.

5 minutes ago, leros74 said:

Please make an interface from this SMX mod - Sirillion https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/22

No.

I don't want SMX as the default UI.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Check the windows sound mixer. It's a different EXE file and windows is dumb.

No.

Turns out "repairing" Easy Anti Cheat solved it. Inside the game folder is a folder for Easy Anti Cheat. Inside that is EasyAntiCheatsetup.exe. Run that and you have the option to "repair". 

No idea why repairing EAC had any impact on how the game runs when it is disabled, but whatever, it works now.

Thanks for the reply

2 hours ago, MouthBreather said:

I Cant open the skills menu. when i try to open it weather form the hotkey or menu I amm met with this error.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Please help.

Did you install any modlets?

1 hour ago, hardlymick said:

Turns out "repairing" Easy Anti Cheat solved it. Inside the game folder is a folder for Easy Anti Cheat. Inside that is EasyAntiCheatsetup.exe. Run that and you have the option to "repair". 

No idea why repairing EAC had any impact on how the game runs when it is disabled, but whatever, it works now.

Thanks for the reply

Well then. Thanks a lot EAC.

Goddamn pain in the @%$*#! application. :D

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Probably a bad download then, which does happen on occasion.

I'm trying to get my server setup with apache so I can do a HTTP mirror instead to see if that helps.

Roger. Not sure what that means but I will try and delete and reinstall until then. I just tried the EAC repair with no luck.

Edit: Tried reinstalling, no luck.

Edit 2: Switched to the mod launcher its working fine now. Never figured out why it wouldn't work with the manual install

Edited by MouthBreather (see edit history)

Is there anyway to enable the xp indicator so when i kill a zombie it pops up and I know it's dead? I like to sneak kill at long ranges and not having to wait a second or two to see if the zombie has died would be nice. Also is there another way to make first aid bandages other than the science class?

Edited by zader (see edit history)