Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I just started playing 7 Days to Die a few weeks ago and loved it. Darkness Falls has taken my love for it to a whole new level. You have done incredible work, and it's one of the things keeping me sane during this lockdown.

I ran into a problem that I hope someone can help with. I ran into Eve, and she gave me the quest to check out a POI and clear it. The first time I went, I thought I had cleared every possible enemy, but it would not trigger the "return to trader." I wandered off and failed the quest.

I then found Eve again, and she game me the quest again which took me to an entirely different place. I cleared it and received the "return to trader" completion this time. However, she is now gone. My map shows I'm within .5 meters of her, but she is nowhere to be found. Will she respawn here or somewhere else? Should I drop the quest and try to find her again after that? I really want to continue to dig deeper into the storyline.

Thanks again.

I just started playing 7 Days to Die a few weeks ago and loved it. Darkness Falls has taken my love for it to a whole new level. You have done incredible work, and it's one of the things keeping me sane during this lockdown.

I ran into a problem that I hope someone can help with. I ran into Eve, and she gave me the quest to check out a POI and clear it. The first time I went, I thought I had cleared every possible enemy, but it would not trigger the "return to trader." I wandered off and failed the quest.

I then found Eve again, and she game me the quest again which took me to an entirely different place. I cleared it and received the "return to trader" completion this time. However, she is now gone. My map shows I'm within .5 meters of her, but she is nowhere to be found. Will she respawn here or somewhere else? Should I drop the quest and try to find her again after that? I really want to continue to dig deeper into the storyline.

Thanks again.

I had a similar problem and had to abandon the quest, she had respawned when I came back a while later.

Downloded Darkness falls using mode launcher installed everything but when im opening it say "could not fully initialize Steam:the steam client not running or no connection possible. Made reset for pc couple times and relog in my steam acc still same problem. Maybe someone now what to do???

Khaine great mod. have 2 problems that we have encountered. 1.) farming of mushrooms. I have the farmer tree perk maxed out. Now when I put the mushrooms into a farm plot i yield only 3.

and only 1, if not in a farm plot. it takes 2 mushrooms to make a set. really only netting +1 gain or -1 loss. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something? 2.) Horde night loot bags. THERE is way too much, it is to a point where we have our base set up in a hallway and we can't repair on the fly because the bags are stacking too high. We can easily get 150 plus on horde night. is that intended?

I had a similar problem and had to abandon the quest, she had respawned when I came back a while later.

It's been about 1 in-game week. Do they respawn in the same place, or will I generally find them somewhere else? Thanks.

Ok, I'm a little confused... I'm playing solo with a basic nitrogen map. Day 1, by the time I get to the trader, I've got irradiated zombie cops and giants. I've restarted 3 times and every time, within 10 minutes of me arriving at the trader on Day 1, the trader is utterly swarmed, massive sections of wall exploding, numerous zombies swarming in. Is that normal?

Sorry KhaineGB

It did the same thing with the link you provided. No Idea what is going wrong. Might just be a crappy Mac problem, but its all I got. I thought maybe it was a memory problem but I don't think so. Anyway thanks for the try.. Love the Mod when I could play. Keep up the great work!

GeoTundra

I have no idea, i'm afraid. I don't own a mac. I have a hackintosh SOMEWHERE, but it's like a 3rd gen i5 using intel graphics... so it barely runs 7DTD as it is. The only thing I can suggest would be either a windows or linux dual boot and run it like that.

Thanks again.

The problem there, is because she's spawned by biome controls, the game loves to despawn her. Because THAT happens, you then can't hand the quest in.

I may have a fix for that... I was working on it last night. Haven't tested it yet though.

Hi Khaine Love your mod !! ..Can't seem to be able to wear the knuckle wraps to finish the security class quest ( single player )

Keep up the great work !!

They're a weapon. So stick them in your hotbar, select them like a weapon, punch some zombies. ;)

Downloded Darkness falls using mode launcher installed everything but when im opening it say "could not fully initialize Steam:the steam client not running or no connection possible. Made reset for pc couple times and relog in my steam acc still same problem. Maybe someone now what to do???

This happens to me if i'm running 7DTD off my C: drive, but steam is somewhere else.

I have to run 7DTD AND Steam as an admin to fix it.

Khaine great mod. have 2 problems that we have encountered. 1.) farming of mushrooms. I have the farmer tree perk maxed out. Now when I put the mushrooms into a farm plot i yield only 3.

and only 1, if not in a farm plot. it takes 2 mushrooms to make a set. really only netting +1 gain or -1 loss. Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss something? 2.) Horde night loot bags. THERE is way too much, it is to a point where we have our base set up in a hallway and we can't repair on the fly because the bags are stacking too high. We can easily get 150 plus on horde night. is that intended?

I'll double check the mushrooms. Sounds like something may not be configured right. If they have the E prompt, don't use that. Punch them otherwise your perk bonus doesn't apply.

Yes it's sort of intended. I globally increased the loot bag drop but reduced the quality of loot so it works more like A16. If you have a scavenger with lucky looter maxed out killing stuff, that increases the drop chance by a further 20%.

Ok, I'm a little confused... I'm playing solo with a basic nitrogen map. Day 1, by the time I get to the trader, I've got irradiated zombie cops and giants. I've restarted 3 times and every time, within 10 minutes of me arriving at the trader on Day 1, the trader is utterly swarmed, massive sections of wall exploding, numerous zombies swarming in. Is that normal?

Not really, no. Is your trader near a wasteland?

So pickaxes aren't supposed to do that. It's basically just the vanilla code (same for the normal wrench). It looks like it's a vanilla bug.

HOWEVER, I have fixed it locally and testers have confirmed it's now working as intended. :)

oh that's great news. I think the auger does the same thing if that's related.

I noticed when the P225 is zoomed in and you click reload it doesn't do anything until you zoom out. I'm sure someone has brought that up before but just in case :) tks KGB

Hey Khaine I've been messing with darkness falls. So far very little issues. But I would like you to look at an issue I am having. I decided to spawn guards using the dm F6 to replace dead ones. You can spawn them just fine, but they don't save. If you exit the game and reload they don't save. Everything else does. Thanks!

Yup! Sounds like maybe that's the problem. I'll fiddle with the map.

Yep, that'll do it. So what's happening is you're getting to the trader, the game is going "Ok, the wasteland is now within the active chunk, so spawn the wasteland stuff".

And then, because that stuff is SUPER aggressive, it's running over immediately to ruin your day. :)

oh that's great news. I think the auger does the same thing if that's related.

I noticed when the P225 is zoomed in and you click reload it doesn't do anything until you zoom out. I'm sure someone has brought that up before but just in case tks KGB

Auger and chainsaw should ALSO be fixed, I think.

And yeah, any non-vanilla gun does that. No idea why, not much I can really do about it either.

Hey Khaine I've been messing with darkness falls. So far very little issues. But I would like you to look at an issue I am having. I decided to spawn guards using the dm F6 to replace dead ones. You can spawn them just fine, but they don't save. If you exit the game and reload they don't save. Everything else does. Thanks!

When you press F6, look ABOVE the list of entities. There's 3 boxes. I don't remember exactly what they say, but it should be something like From Biome Spawner, From Dynamic Spawner, From Static Spawner.

Make sure From Static Spawner is ticked and THEN spawn the guards. That should make them stay on save.

Or you could just take the loss. :p They're intended to NOT respawn to stop folks living in the trader 24/7.

Assuming you did NOT use the mod launcher:

For any mod, especially overhaul mods, it's best to install in a separate folder than your main steam game folder. BUT, if you *have* installed into your main steam game folder, the easiest method to go back to vanilla would be to:

rename the current "7 Days to Die" folder to something like "7 Days to Die - Darkness Falls", and then that'll keep DF installed in that game folder that you can run the .exe directly from to play the mod, and then go into steam, right click the game, choose Properties, choose Local Files, then click "Verify Integrity of Game Files" to re-acquire the vanilla files in a regular steam folder.

Thx Guppy!

So I've gotten back to vanilla but now after doing the starter quests the locate trader quest starts I get the repeated red 'NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' error, and strangely the trader coordinates are 0 0.

I tried using pastebin to post output log but it exceeded their 512kb size, this is the snippet I copied from my output log that repeats itself:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ObjectiveGoto.GetPosition (EntityNPC ownerNPC, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] usedPOILocations, System.Int32 entityIDforQuests) [0x0017e] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at ObjectiveGoto.UpdateState_NeedSetup () [0x00020] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at BaseObjective.Update (System.Single deltaTime) [0x0003c] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at QuestEventManager.Update () [0x00016] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00097] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

- I've uninstalled 7dtd from steam and reinstalled a18.4 stable

- verified local files in steam

- deleted DF mod from the mod launcher

I'm not sure what else I can do to get back to vanilla 7dtd, anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Yep, that'll do it. So what's happening is you're getting to the trader, the game is going "Ok, the wasteland is now within the active chunk, so spawn the wasteland stuff".

And then, because that stuff is SUPER aggressive, it's running over immediately to ruin your day. :)

Auger and chainsaw should ALSO be fixed, I think.

And yeah, any non-vanilla gun does that. No idea why, not much I can really do about it either.

When you press F6, look ABOVE the list of entities. There's 3 boxes. I don't remember exactly what they say, but it should be something like From Biome Spawner, From Dynamic Spawner, From Static Spawner.

Make sure From Static Spawner is ticked and THEN spawn the guards. That should make them stay on save.

Or you could just take the loss. :p They're intended to NOT respawn to stop folks living in the trader 24/7.

Thanks Khaine! I'm a noob. I'm just messing with it and playing around. I'll try static and see if it works.

Hey, just trying out this mod and have been lowering the difficulty as I play it. It's interesting, to say the least. I'm curious, should I be bumping into demonic cowboys on day 7? I have hardly ventured more than 400 meters from where I originally spawned. Playing on DFalls-medium4 - survival and I'm a lowly scavenger now :-( have been for a couple of days due to getting wrecked haha.

Hello,

My friend and I have recently started Darkness falls and we love it so far. I rented a server and installed the mod on it and we have been playing for about two weeks now. We are currently running the Darknessfalls-small 2 map and we realized that the whole contour of the map which is supose to be part wasteland part radiated is completely radiated thus we can go there at all. I modified the map to try to have wasteland on other spot of the map but every piece of wasteland is radiated. I then thought that it was normal and it was just a wasteland feature but realized today while playing my single player game on the same map (not on the server I rented) that the wasteland is not all radiated. Is there a setting for such thin or is there a way to fix that?

Thank you for your help

Hi,

My wife and i have been playing on the darkness falls mod for a while now we are pretty far in, we are playing on DF large map i am having real issues finding the big bunker i read on a past reply about the big bunkers being in the oposite corners to caitlin yet iv still had no luck, i know its cheating but iv even clipped through the map to try see it but nothing! can anyone confirm they have found it on the DF large map please im getting frustrated as hell and almost getting to the point i dont want to continue with it.

Need some help. I accidentally deleted/stopped a quest. I was working on the 3rd quest for the Laborer. I have tried using the givequest <classtraininglaborer3> both with and w/o the <> but it doesn't recognize this. Is there another way to get to quest 3 or restart the class quest? I have tried re-reading the class books and the mastery with no avail. Help would be appreciated as I really don't feel like restarting the save.

EDIT: I saw a post earlier stating to do name_of_deleted_quest (which is craft_scrap_iron_tools) and it still did not give me the quest. Am I not inputting it correctly? i.e. givequest craft_scrap_iron_tools

Edited by Netoid (see edit history)

Hey, just trying out this mod and have been lowering the difficulty as I play it. It's interesting, to say the least. I'm curious, should I be bumping into demonic cowboys on day 7? I have hardly ventured more than 400 meters from where I originally spawned. Playing on DFalls-medium4 - survival and I'm a lowly scavenger now :-( have been for a couple of days due to getting wrecked haha.

If you're near a wasteland, that's why. Biome spawns don't care what level you are. ;)

Hello,

My friend and I have recently started Darkness falls and we love it so far. I rented a server and installed the mod on it and we have been playing for about two weeks now. We are currently running the Darknessfalls-small 2 map and we realized that the whole contour of the map which is supose to be part wasteland part radiated is completely radiated thus we can go there at all. I modified the map to try to have wasteland on other spot of the map but every piece of wasteland is radiated. I then thought that it was normal and it was just a wasteland feature but realized today while playing my single player game on the same map (not on the server I rented) that the wasteland is not all radiated. Is there a setting for such thin or is there a way to fix that?

Thank you for your help

All wasteland is radiated and requires a hazmat suit to safely enter.

Hi,

My wife and i have been playing on the darkness falls mod for a while now we are pretty far in, we are playing on DF large map i am having real issues finding the big bunker i read on a past reply about the big bunkers being in the oposite corners to caitlin yet iv still had no luck, i know its cheating but iv even clipped through the map to try see it but nothing! can anyone confirm they have found it on the DF large map please im getting frustrated as hell and almost getting to the point i dont want to continue with it.

<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="-4865,14,4197" rotation="2" />
<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="5358,19,-5412" rotation="3" />

Good luck. ;)

Need some help. I accidentally deleted/stopped a quest. I was working on the 3rd quest for the Laborer. I have tried using the givequest <classtraininglaborer3> both with and w/o the <> but it doesn't recognize this. Is there another way to get to quest 3 or restart the class quest? I have tried re-reading the class books and the mastery with no avail. Help would be appreciated as I really don't feel like restarting the save.

EDIT: I saw a post earlier stating to do name_of_deleted_quest (which is craft_scrap_iron_tools) and it still did not give me the quest. Am I not inputting it correctly? i.e. givequest craft_scrap_iron_tools

givequest quest_classtraininglaborer3

If you're near a wasteland, that's why. Biome spawns don't care what level you are. ;)

All wasteland is radiated and requires a hazmat suit to safely enter.

<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="-4865,14,4197" rotation="2" />
<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="5358,19,-5412" rotation="3" />

Good luck. ;)

givequest quest_classtraininglaborer3

Thanks Khaine, we can now enjoy the rest of the content. Great job on the mod dude really enjoying it during this lockdown we are going through really helping us get thought the long days :wink-new:

Thx Guppy!

So I've gotten back to vanilla but now after doing the starter quests the locate trader quest starts I get the repeated red 'NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' error, and strangely the trader coordinates are 0 0.

I tried using pastebin to post output log but it exceeded their 512kb size, this is the snippet I copied from my output log that repeats itself:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ObjectiveGoto.GetPosition (EntityNPC ownerNPC, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] usedPOILocations, System.Int32 entityIDforQuests) [0x0017e] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at ObjectiveGoto.UpdateState_NeedSetup () [0x00020] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at BaseObjective.Update (System.Single deltaTime) [0x0003c] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at QuestEventManager.Update () [0x00016] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00097] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <3ca2702590144b2c95bd610195728952>:0

- I've uninstalled 7dtd from steam and reinstalled a18.4 stable

- verified local files in steam

- deleted DF mod from the mod launcher

I'm not sure what else I can do to get back to vanilla 7dtd, anyone know where I'm going wrong?

I found out the problem, nothing to do with Darkness Falls, was Nitrogen I didn't have the compo pack installed, all working now. Ugh it was like going cold turkey without my 7dtd fix.

Thanks Khaine, we can now enjoy the rest of the content. Great job on the mod dude really enjoying it during this lockdown we are going through really helping us get thought the long days :wink-new:

I was hoping the lockdown would allow me more time to work on the mod.

Instead my RL job requires a TON more work. So... that sucks. :D