Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

What are behemoth zombies? Do they only show up at much higher day range or something?

No, it's tied to your gamestage... and the wasteland. I've encountered one on day 9 (45min/day) with a GS of about 50. Bad luck.

And I don't think they should move slower, you can outrun them by smart movement. That's how I've escaped and glad I didn't die.

No, it's tied to your gamestage... and the wasteland. I've encountered one on day 9 (45min/day) with a GS of about 50. Bad luck.

And I don't think they should move slower, you can outrun them by smart movement. That's how I've escaped and glad I didn't die.

Cool. How do you tell what your gamestage is?

Just stopped by to say I've been playing this in SP (Metropolis) and it's by far the best 7D2D experience I've had to date (I've been playing since early A16).

The long game provides so much replay ability, since it takes a focused effort to unlock all of the classes. There's always some new goal to chase. I'm in the 'endgame' for the first time and simply loving the advanced tools and guns. I have a gigantic base and also an enormous mine for that elusive titanium.

Don't get me wrong - I died a bunch during the first two weeks or so. I believe I'm now on Day 49 with 13 deaths, most of which occurred in the first 30 days (which I see as a good thing). It took me awhile to figure out how to overcome some challenges (behemoths, bees and in the inestimable words of Games4Kickz 'holy balls', the wastelands are scary! At least half my deaths were there). It reminds me a lot of the play of Dark Souls where you have to pay close attention, learn and improve.

Kudos and thanks for all your hard work on this fantastic mod, KhaineGB. It truly feels like what 7D2D A17 should have been. (Edit: Found your Patreon & subbed up).

Edited by senjik (see edit history)

Glad you're enjoying it :) Hopefully 2.1 should bring a few extra challenges and end game goals for folks to chase.

Currently dealing with some minor bugs and balance issues right now.

Any changes to farming? I was ok with needing water nearby, but I've pretty much stoped farming in your mod since you made it actually use up the water. I did notice that block (forgot the name) that creates water blocks nearby, but what radius does it make them in? and what would a farm plot look like around one? My main issue with the farming is it makes me have to force mybase to be by a water source. Which in a17.2, can be hard to find.

I think I changed the plants to look for water within 4 blocks. Otherwise, no.

The reason I'm using that code is because it makes it WAY less likely for plants to just randomly die than the old code. Instead of dying when there's no water, they just don't grow.

Most folks take the rain catcher, dig 2 blocks down, place it at the bottom and just let the game do it's thing.

This is how one player has been doing all of their farms on 2.04 and says it works great. :)

A17.2_2019-03-05_18-53-17.jpg

Hi thx for ink tip, founded ! there is posible bug in tailor workstation , you can multiply endessly leather put there 1 and you get 4 put there 4 and you get 16 and so on. Dont think that pose to happen.:playful: Also i noticed that you have disabled caliber tool in items .xml any reason for that?

Hello, nice MOD and great work.

I have a question, during the game we unlock some skills points, but i don't know if they are applied to my character or if that only makes them unlocked and I must buy them with the skills books.

For example, I have the level 100 in guns unlocked, the icon of the cart in green, but I can buy the skills, I have done the test of making 10 books and apply them, but I have not seen that any improvement has been applied to the stats of the gun.

Thanks for all the work!!!!!!!!.

I think I changed the plants to look for water within 4 blocks. Otherwise, no.

The reason I'm using that code is because it makes it WAY less likely for plants to just randomly die than the old code. Instead of dying when there's no water, they just don't grow.

Most folks take the rain catcher, dig 2 blocks down, place it at the bottom and just let the game do it's thing.

This is how one player has been doing all of their farms on 2.04 and says it works great. :)

A17.2_2019-03-05_18-53-17.jpg

Could I cover the water holes with like wooden bars or something so I don't fall into them when I walk over it? and for 2 blocks down I assume 2 down from the height of the farm?

Hello, nice MOD and great work.

I have a question, during the game we unlock some skills points, but i don't know if they are applied to my character or if that only makes them unlocked and I must buy them with the skills books.

For example, I have the level 100 in guns unlocked, the icon of the cart in green, but I can buy the skills, I have done the test of making 10 books and apply them, but I have not seen that any improvement has been applied to the stats of the gun.

Thanks for all the work!!!!!!!!.

Nope. They are unlocked. The problem is that effects from skills will not be shown on the UI for guns, which is kinda annoying, but hey.

However the green numbers will be gone in 2.1. :)

Could I cover the water holes with like wooden bars or something so I don't fall into them when I walk over it? and for 2 blocks down I assume 2 down from the height of the farm?

You could but I don't recommend it. The reason is it spawns water on top and it's caused NRE's when the game tries to push water into another block.

And yes, 2 down from the height of the farm, so if you stand on top of the barrel, you'd be 1 below the farm :)

Ok, just so folks know...

Stable on the launcher is still version 2.04.

Experimental on the launcher is v2.1-Build9 and ONLY works on A17.2. It does not work on A17.3, so don't try.

The experimental version of the mod is actually pretty stable at this point, but I'm going to hold off releasing 2.1 until A17.3 is ALSO in stable. I figure I'm better off converting it all over now and thus delay release, rather than release now and then convert it later. :)

Ok, just so folks know...

Stable on the launcher is still version 2.04.

Experimental on the launcher is v2.1-Build9 and ONLY works on A17.2. It does not work on A17.3, so don't try.

The experimental version of the mod is actually pretty stable at this point, but I'm going to hold off releasing 2.1 until A17.3 is ALSO in stable. I figure I'm better off converting it all over now and thus delay release, rather than release now and then convert it later. :)

For existing games started in 2.04 with stable 17.2, should we update vanilla to 17.3 or stick with the 17.2? Thanks!

Hey there, loving the mod so far, just had a question regarding the classes and their corresponding perks.

How do I go about unlocking the other classes / starting their quests? I finished the Laborer quest and would like to start unlocking some of the perks of the other classes as well.