Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

No.

And farming is not supposed to just be a fire and forget.

Too bad.

Like I wrote, I totally agree with your basic thesis, but the game just does not support your implementation.

For example, if you do some fields on a lake, the crops will drain the adjacent squares and crops will stop growing despite there being technically enough water around.

You cannot build a watering silo or whatnot, because water does not properly behave (=flow) in this game as of now.

What you can do is water with buckets.

But since the buckets are not stackable, neither empty nor full, even if you went through all the motions, like gathering tons of snow to melt and gather enough resources to craft a ton of buckets, you still have to spend far too much effort filling up every individual bucket (which quickly clogs up the fireplace queue) and individually watering every drained tile.

Heck, even if you build a tank on top of the field and fill it using buckets, it does not work because the liquid mechanics are not there to support it.

If you look at how other resources are handled, say Iron, you see this kind of manual labor is not intended.

But yes, I get it, it's your mod and in it you can implement any mechanic as you please.

No. The maps I included are the best to use.

Nitrogen won't spawn any of the compo pack POI's. It should work for 2.04, but you'll be missing trader caitlin and some other things... like wasteland.

We will have to look into those. After I posted we loaded the mod into a nitrogen map we made and everything seemed to work quite well but we did run into one house that looked like an unfinished poi. Odds are its the nitrogen generator not having needed files included on your other maps.

That means you have 0 traders on your map.

Make a new map or use one of the included ones. It's really, really annoying. I know there's a 3rd party RWG tool.... I'm gonna look at poking that and see if I can edit it to include compo pack and DF specific prefabs.

when I make a new map always get a null message

Is there any solution?

You can also just build a rain catcher...

That's what everyone else has been doing and it works fine.

I actually thought about this, but rain catchers used to not work in 7DTD as far as I was aware.

I even just googled and found nothing substantial, could you describe how it works or share a link?

Thanks!

Basically roughly once per day it spawns water on top of it.

It SHOULD be able to go on any type of ground/block, but checks for light above it to simulate being outside... like a rain catcher should be. :)

Just don't surround it with blocks otherwise it pushes the water into the blocks and causes chunk corruption. Make sure there's plenty of air around it so the water can flow.

Hi KhaineGB,

I downloaded your mod time ago, but I created this account just to thank you; I've had a blast with your mod. I love it. If I may add a suggestion, maybe for the future you could include some extra uses for the titanium? I've been using your medium map and I ended up with a lot of titanium that I do not really find a use. So maybe titanium bullets could be a good idea or include new weapons that require titanium?

Other than that, as I've said, thank you SO MUCh for this mod :D

Hi KhaineGB,

I downloaded your mod time ago, but I created this account just to thank you; I've had a blast with your mod. I love it. If I may add a suggestion, maybe for the future you could include some extra uses for the titanium? I've been using your medium map and I ended up with a lot of titanium that I do not really find a use. So maybe titanium bullets could be a good idea or include new weapons that require titanium?

Other than that, as I've said, thank you SO MUCh for this mod :D

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

The new laser weapons and their ammo will need titanium. So don't worry, more uses are coming.

Huh. How odd... I know the sounds.xml is the same, which controls stealth based on noise.... so that'd be hitting anything.

I did reduce zombie sight to 20 blocks, so I wonder if it's related to that.

No. A clean vanilla game has this issue as well.

Could you maybe add 3 days to the blood moon frequency? I like to go with that and a range of 7. Not that I can't do this myself but I'd prefer not having to change it every time :)

Edited by Mythixdino (see edit history)

Already done. :)

<gameoption name="BloodMoonFrequency" title="goBloodMoonFrequency" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="0, 7, 14" display_names="goDisabled" value_localization_prefix="goDay" />
<gameoption name="BloodMoonRange" title="goBloodMoonRange" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goDay" />
<gameoption name="BloodMoonWarning" title="goBloodMoonWarning" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="-1, 8, 18" display_names="goDisabled,goMorning,goEvening" value_localization_prefix="" />

Hi Khaine,

Are you planning to add new weapons (aside from the laser one and the one you uploaded a picture of) in a new update? It would be awesome to have a bit of extra variety (we already have a lot, more than in most mods, which tend to just use different skins, but some more would be greatly appreciated).

Also, do you think this modlet would work with your mod or would there be some sort of interference? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114046-Firearms-2!-Fully-redone

and, finally, if you could add an option where we can increase zombie spawn...well, that would be amazing!

Already done. :)

<gameoption name="BloodMoonFrequency" title="goBloodMoonFrequency" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="0, 7, 14" display_names="goDisabled" value_localization_prefix="goDay" />
<gameoption name="BloodMoonRange" title="goBloodMoonRange" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goDay" />
<gameoption name="BloodMoonWarning" title="goBloodMoonWarning" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="-1, 8, 18" display_names="goDisabled,goMorning,goEvening" value_localization_prefix="" />

I actually meant

<gameoption name="BloodMoonFrequency" title="goBloodMoonFrequency" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values=[u]"0, 3, 7, 14"[/u] display_names="goDisabled" value_localization_prefix="goDay" />

What's this?

gvIYYNX.png

Other concerns

Skills acquired by reading books are locked (most of them are), I would prefer to know what is required to unlock them.

You can abuse scavenging perk by repeatedly looting something that has been looted already.

Suggestion

I don't know if it's already like this but do better forges smelt and/or craft faster?

Edited by Mythixdino (see edit history)

I'm seeing books with quality levels on them and they are able to be modified. How does that work? I thought maybe I could modify 2 books that were the same with each other but that didn't work. I know I'm just missing something somewhere.

honestly i wouldnt suggest running this game from the mod launcher when playing on a dedicated server.. MAYBE it works well if its just the mod and 7dtd and you dont attempt to add any additional modlets, however as our server added a ton of extras it kicked back tons of errors, and wouldnt load ultimately, however when the mod and other modlets were manually added it worked like a dream

Hi Khaine,

Are you planning to add new weapons (aside from the laser one and the one you uploaded a picture of) in a new update? It would be awesome to have a bit of extra variety (we already have a lot, more than in most mods, which tend to just use different skins, but some more would be greatly appreciated).

Also, do you think this modlet would work with your mod or would there be some sort of interference? https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114046-Firearms-2!-Fully-redone

and, finally, if you could add an option where we can increase zombie spawn...well, that would be amazing!

I won't be adding a zombie spawn increase option because it already causes lag when zombies spawn in... so I'm REALLY pushing it as-is.

I think the firearms modlet was altered so it should work with DF, though I never ever recommend the use of modlets with an overhaul mod.

I actually meant

<gameoption name="BloodMoonFrequency" title="goBloodMoonFrequency" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values=[u]"0, 3, 7, 14"[/u] display_names="goDisabled" value_localization_prefix="goDay" />

What's this?

gvIYYNX.png

Other concerns

Skills acquired by reading books are locked (most of them are), I would prefer to know what is required to unlock them.

You can abuse scavenging perk by repeatedly looting something that has been looted already.

Suggestion

I don't know if it's already like this but do better forges smelt and/or craft faster?

Nothing I can do about the books. I can't alter the tooltip that displays when you unlock a perk early, which is REALLY annoying. However I might have a way to stop a book being read if you don't qualify for the perk... then I just need to edit the localization for the actual book to say what you need.

Bit of a pain, but I am planning to do it.

DFBabyGoatMale is exactly what it says... a male baby goat. ;) Put it on your hotbar and right-click. Animal husbandry is a thing in the experimental version, so you can breed animals.

Not sure if this has been brought up or not. But is it a bug that I am able to craft a bicycle and mini bike but I can not craft the tires for them?

No it's not. Wheels are mechanic only. You get wheels from tyres in the road just like you did in A16.

I'm seeing books with quality levels on them and they are able to be modified. How does that work? I thought maybe I could modify 2 books that were the same with each other but that didn't work. I know I'm just missing something somewhere.

It's just a game bug. For some reason it's obsessed with adding quality levels to the books. Not sure why and I'm trying to get rid of it. Just ignore it.