Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Ah that's probably it. There were two zeds locked in a small room with it and they went ape♥♥♥♥ when I started knocking down the door.

Yep, if the safe gets damaged then you can't lockpick it because the lockpicks use the "upgrade" method to do it.

It's an issue on Valmod and WotW as well. Haven't found a way around it, unfortunately.

That's very odd. I know it's working fine for me, and I was watching someone else stream it on a server earlier with no problems as well.

Looting appears fine on SP. I'm going to wipe the server, and start over. Thanks for the feedback though!

Good Day KhaineGB

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS ........... I love YOU to Death on giving US THE WIRELESS Junction Boxes .. OH - what a god send this is.

My New Base looks SO Nice without a 1000 wires ruining it .. I should say will .. Just started it .. but used them at the Traders to make some extra protection ...... BUT I Did notice that the guards stopped shooting some of the Z's (you might want to check that out).

ANYWAY THANK YOU SO MUCH .. I'd kiss you .. BUT I'm not that kind of guy .. LOL ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity::tickled_pink:

PS: ALSO .. Have a great weekend, Have FUN and Enjoy

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I'll take air kisses, or bro hugs. That's fine. ;)

And glad you're enjoying it! I tried that out first before including it, got it all working and went "Yep. I like that. That needs to go in."

And I have NO idea what's going on with the guards. They're mostly there for looks rather than function anyways. I never really intended folks to live in the trader, but I figured it would be reasonable for the trader to have guards.

Heh, I love the Old Gamers enthusiasm!

Also, I found out the reason for infinite looting. Complete idiocy on my part. I thought setting LootRespawnDays to "0" disabled respawn entirely. Lesson learned, and I'll just set it 999 or something.

I'll take air kisses, or bro hugs. That's fine. ;)

And glad you're enjoying it! I tried that out first before including it, got it all working and went "Yep. I like that. That needs to go in."

And I have NO idea what's going on with the guards. They're mostly there for looks rather than function anyways. I never really intended folks to live in the trader, but I figured it would be reasonable for the trader to have guards.

Perhaps you did not give the guards infinite ammo?

dunno, ill have to look at your files

They all have this.

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="npcgunWinchesterRifle,npc44MagBulletHP"/>
<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="npcgunWinchesterRifle,npc44MagBulletHP"/>

As far as I know from testing things out, that gives them infinite ammo. They used to drop full stacks on death.

They all have this.

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="npcgunWinchesterRifle,npc44MagBulletHP"/>
<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="npcgunWinchesterRifle,npc44MagBulletHP"/>

As far as I know from testing things out, that gives them infinite ammo. They used to drop full stacks on death.

This is the bit in the item xml that controls infinite ammo

<property class="Action0">

<property name="Class" value="Ranged" />

<property name="Delay" value="0.3" />

<property name="Infinite_ammo" value="true" />

<property name="Magazine_size" value="15" />

<property name="Magazine_items" value="npc9mmBullet" />

Playing this mod for a while, I think its great mod and even has greater potantial. No clock is a small but very nice touch to the game immersion, and its not that hard to determine the state of day/night as well. I have two issues, first, are vultures immortal? I spent 20+ arrows and 10+ club hits still can not kill it. (or maybe they are undead dragons but model mismatch!??) and I can find too many wrenches, maybe they can be rarer.

Playing this mod for a while, I think its great mod and even has greater potantial. No clock is a small but very nice touch to the game immersion, and its not that hard to determine the state of day/night as well. I have two issues, first, are vultures immortal? I spent 20+ arrows and 10+ club hits still can not kill it. (or maybe they are undead dragons but model mismatch!??) and I can find too many wrenches, maybe they can be rarer.

Good day altug

Well .. Vultures are not immortal .. ( once you find a Rifle or pistol - usually 2/3 shots ) but other wise, they are hard to kill in the beginning.

Wrench .. depends on quality of item and some have more luck than others (you must be one of the luck ones on that)

Just a couple of thoughts ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: Clock .. Have not made up my mind on this One yet .. Had day 14 Horde last night and I thought I had at least another day .. BUT ALL GOOD.

The rad vultures are a bit insane, because they regenerate health. I've tried to make them rarer though. :)

Normal vultures should be the same as vanilla, but I can double check that.

And I'll have a look at the probability of wrench spawning. I -think- I left that the same as vanilla, but if it needs a minor tweak, I can do that.

Also, just so folks know, yes the time to make sulfur is VERY wrong. I'm currently tweaking that as well, plus giving the guards infinite ammo.

Tip for the clock: If the trader has the vending machine for sale, buy it and put it in your base. You now have a clock. ;)

Good day KhaineGB

After going back into game .. 2 of my Traders .. Guards have stopped shooting altogether and the 3rd Trader I did not touch to see what happens at his base. ............... But boy .. We have alot of Zed Traders now .. LOL

Enjoy your week and have some Fun when you can ... the Old Gamer ..:02.47-tranquillity:

PS .. good thought on vending machine

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

So I've been doing some thinking.

I quite like not having the day and time... I think it enhances the survival experience. But I also kinda feel like you need to know the day... because it's called 7 days to die.

This is my current idea to meet in the middle between the "no time/day" and "put it back."

RcwgTFK.jpg

I think its not a big deal to not know of the exact day count either. If you ask me, I can even accept a random bloodmoon night, like between 5-15 days, a bloodmoon can happen.. That will be a tense experience.

I went ahead and put it back. I just figure, dudes gotta have a watch or something, yeah?

Well most people DON'T have watches these days. You ask someone what the time is and they'll pull their phone out.

I think its not a big deal to not know of the exact day count either. If you ask me, I can even accept a random bloodmoon night, like between 5-15 days, a bloodmoon can happen.. That will be a tense experience.

Random bloodmoons would be pretty cool, but probably not something I'd put into this mod (if I could even work out HOW to do it!)

Hope things are well KhaineGB

Well most people DON'T have watches these days. You ask someone what the time is and they'll pull their phone out.

SO True and I like the idea of at least having the Day ... I loose track of days in real life sometimes .. since I'M retired.

the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Hope things are well KhaineGB

SO True and I like the idea of at least having the Day ... I loose track of days in real life sometimes .. since I'M retired.

the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

I work from home and often forget what day it is!

Thank god I have a calendar.

So I've been doing some thinking.

I quite like not having the day and time... I think it enhances the survival experience. But I also kinda feel like you need to know the day... because it's called 7 days to die.

This is my current idea to meet in the middle between the "no time/day" and "put it back."

RcwgTFK.jpg

I was thinking just that when I was playing last night, I think this is a great alternative.

Rad vultures are not rare and they are immortal in the early days because weapons/skills suck.

Radiated dog packs suck in the early days too =).

Love the mod, thought I was done with alpha 16 but this mod brought me back.

I'm actually playing with just the day on stream right now, and I WAY prefer it so far.

I think the constant "not knowing" when horde day will be is the main issue. It's not unreasonable to assume the player is mentally counting the days.

So I think I'll play with this a little more and collect more feedback... but I might leave the days turned on.