SMX - Unofficial 72-slot BigBag Patch for Starvation Mod

Sirillion

Good morning,

Out of interest, how many reports are we talking about?

I have a disclaimer in the OP that state that users forfeit their support from the Starvation team if they use this patch as agreed upon when asking Mortelentus for permission to distribute this. If you feel something is missing from that please feel free to advice upon how to change it to the better.

Are all the reports in regard to this particular patch? There is also another one available, no reports on that one? With the exception of the number of slots we put in I would assume that the modification carried out on the dll is the same for both versions.

The way it is modded is the same way we use for any big bag mod for 7DTD, it is a well tested method that has been around for a while now and the only real problems my users have had with it for other versions is when they forget to install it properly so that the dll isn’t included.

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am not much of a programmer but I fail to see the difference between modifying The Fun Pimp’s dll and Starvation’s dll with this particular mod. I do not have access to The Fun Pimps source code either but the mod still works well in every other instance where it has been applied by just editing the dll.

On my side I’ve had no other feedback than that it works well and people are pleased with it. Games4Kickz have been using it for weeks and I asked him a few days ago if have had ANY issue at all with it and he said he hadn’t.

I’ve also had several other users reach out to me informing me it works well for them. So maybe the issues can be related to user error and not the patch itself?

Anyways, as I stated to Mortelentus when he gave permission to distribute this, he can pull the plug on this at any time if it proves to become a problem for the team.

Just so you know we have has server issues a day that we have had to work through and its turned out that the issue is due to the backpack alteration of the dll. Its been enough that we are now asking people first if they have it installed and telling them to remove it first and come back if the problem still exists. To be honest few come back so i would assume that some at least solved their issue by removing the mod.

We can't give you permission to or tell you you cannot distribute this. Your 'idea' that you have our permission to distribute it does not make it anything that we officially support and saying that we gave you permission to distribute it sounds to people like we are supporting it and/or approving of it and neither is the case. We have no idea what you did to gain access to the source to make the changes you did but there seems to have been some problem with your process. We did not give you source code access and this is not a mod that we support the distribution of in any manner. People can take anyone's mod and do what they like with it just like they can take vanilla code and do what they like about it but, just like TFP can't support mos written for the game that change tehir code we can support the changes you have made.

The problem is by saying things like 'we gave you permission to distribute this' which we did not and telling people that we are working with you on it and fixed the issue that brings people to us to troubleshoot the problems and get the problems resolved. We are not in a position to support your mod, and or fix the issues that are in it. We have other plans for dealing with inventory issues in Starvation and when that is released people will not be able to use the mod expansion without breaking the one for Starvation. I see this as probably further confusing users but you did not ask if we had plans but just went ahead and did this and it does complicate issues. Usually is courtesy to talk to a modder about their mod and whether you can take it and change it before you do. But please be very clear to people that the Starvation Team does not support this mod, that we are not in the position to tell you its okay to distribute it or not and that if they have Starvation issues they need to remove the mod before reporting the issue or asking us to troubleshoot tehir problem because with this modification makes the mod no longer Starvation.

I have now been up much past my bedtime dealing with people with broken games do to this big backpack and the fact that you have now told them that we told you you could distribute it and that we were working with you and this was announced on a video, so these people have been very upset that we can't and won't fix tehir issues with this mod alteration you did.

It needs to be very clear that the Starvation Team has nothing to do with this mod, does not approve it, recommend that it be used, support it in any way, and it is not an official Starvation distribution and that we have not given you permission to distribute any official Starvation product.

Just so you know we have has server issues a day that we have had to work through and its turned out that the issue is due to the backpack alteration of the dll. Its been enough that we are now asking people first if they have it installed and telling them to remove it first and come back if the problem still exists. To be honest few come back so i would assume that some at least solved their issue by removing the mod.

We can't give you permission to or tell you you cannot distribute this. Your 'idea' that you have our permission to distribute it does not make it anything that we officially support and saying that we gave you permission to distribute it sounds to people like we are supporting it and/or approving of it and neither is the case. We have no idea what you did to gain access to the source to make the changes you did but there seems to have been some problem with your process. We did not give you source code access and this is not a mod that we support the distribution of in any manner. People can take anyone's mod and do what they like with it just like they can take vanilla code and do what they like about it but, just like TFP can't support mos written for the game that change tehir code we can support the changes you have made.

The problem is by saying things like 'we gave you permission to distribute this' which we did not and telling people that we are working with you on it and fixed the issue that brings people to us to troubleshoot the problems and get the problems resolved. We are not in a position to support your mod, and or fix the issues that are in it. We have other plans for dealing with inventory issues in Starvation and when that is released people will not be able to use the mod expansion without breaking the one for Starvation. I see this as probably further confusing users but you did not ask if we had plans but just went ahead and did this and it does complicate issues. Usually is courtesy to talk to a modder about their mod and whether you can take it and change it before you do. But please be very clear to people that the Starvation Team does not support this mod, that we are not in the position to tell you its okay to distribute it or not and that if they have Starvation issues they need to remove the mod before reporting the issue or asking us to troubleshoot tehir problem because with this modification makes the mod no longer Starvation.

I have now been up much past my bedtime dealing with people with broken games do to this big backpack and the fact that you have now told them that we told you you could distribute it and that we were working with you and this was announced on a video, so these people have been very upset that we can't and won't fix tehir issues with this mod alteration you did.

It needs to be very clear that the Starvation Team has nothing to do with this mod, does not approve it, recommend that it be used, support it in any way, and it is not an official Starvation distribution and that we have not given you permission to distribute any official Starvation product.

Good morning,

I can understand that if people try and use the client version of the patch on a server, that would indeed cause issues. But wouldn't that be categorized as a user error due to the users installing the wrong file? Never have I stated that the patch can be used on a server until recently when I released a server version of the file. I will however review my instructions and see if they are unclear anywhere.

About permission. I have been in contact with Mortelentus and he has given me the green light to distribute this patch with the conditions that it has a disclaimer telling the users they forfeit all support with the Starvation Team if they use the patch. Feel free to review the disclaimer in the original post and give some suggestions for changes if you find me being unclear anywhere. I will also suggest you get in contact with Mortelentus and verify that I indeed have permission to distribute this patch.

When it comes to the video I have never ever stated that you are working with me on this or that you are supporting it in any way. I stated to Kickz after watching his previous video the following:

"Just saw your latest Starvation video ... Modders doesn't support the bigbag but they have now accepted the use of it and have given permission to distribute them. There are two bigbag mods out for Starvation now ... mine is one and then there is one more in the SDX part of the forums."

You can enter Kickz's Discord and go to the 7daystodie channel to verify this for yourself if you want. It was posted last Thursday and is unedited. I cannot be blamed for what Kickz say in his videos when I have made no such claim.

I have no access to your source code. It is a simple dll edit that changes the value for the bag size from 32 to 72. We have no access to TFP's source files either but still this way of modding it has been around for months now and works flawlessly as far as I know. Of course I do understand that Starvation is modded beyond the scope of the original dll and if you point me to what it is that you mod that my patch interferes with it will give me a better understanding for what the issue is and I can take steps if so be removing the patch entirely.

From the original post in this thread:

"You must also be aware that this patch is only compatible with the version it is made for and will not work with other versions of the mod. It will seem to be working, but trust me when I say you do not want to do that. Future versions of Starvation Mod could possibly and will probably render the need for this patch useless. When that happens maintenance of this patch will cease in respect of the vision the Starvation Mod team want for their mod."

Here I clearly state that I will discontinue this patch when Starvation release their own system and I have been clear on that the whole time. Have you even read the original post in this thread?

If you would read the original post you would see that everything you write here is stated there, and has been the entire time this patch has been available.

You are accusing me of a lot of things here rentechd, none of which are true. I urge you to check up on the facts here, read what the disclaimer says and talk to Mortelentus about it so we could avoid further confusion and slander.

In the interest of diffusing whatever is about to transpire here.

The mod itself is fine. There is some ambiguity around the naming which can/has been giving the impression of support to some degree that we are seeing on our end.

If the name was changed to "Unofficial big bag mod for Starvation" as opposed to "Starvation big bag mod" it may help with the confusion coming from BBM users.

Let us be clear, as Sirillion has already stated in the OP and on Nexus. This also applies to the other BBM mod whom has also been very clear in their OP.

There is NO Support, whatsoever, at all, period if you use this (or the other) mod with Starvation.

The UI in starvation is being overhauled entirely.

There are many things that are not in vanilla that need to be accounted for. We cannot guarantee a bug free experience and as such, cannot possibly offer support for anything third party to Starvation.

In the interest of diffusing whatever is about to transpire here.

The mod itself is fine. There is some ambiguity around the naming which can/has been giving the impression of support to some degree that we are seeing on our end.

If the name was changed to "Unofficial big bag mod for Starvation" as opposed to "Starvation big bag mod" it may help with the confusion coming from BBM users.

Let us be clear, as Sirillion has already stated in the OP and on Nexus. This also applies to the other BBM mod whom has also been very clear in their OP.

There is NO Support, whatsoever, at all, period if you use this (or the other) mod with Starvation.

The UI in starvation is being overhauled entirely.

There are many things that are not in vanilla that need to be accounted for. We cannot guarantee a bug free experience and as such, cannot possibly offer support for anything third party to Starvation.

Thank you for confirming that the mod is fine.

I see your point that the naming could confuse the users into thinking it is an official Starvation mod. I was simply trying to be "clever" and not choosing a similar name as Rizla's BBM which was released first. I will take action and ask a moderator to change the name of it adding Unofficial to the title as requested. I will also make the changes to the Nexus page.

Thank you for your input on this.

Not to further the situation but I didn't think anyone had ANY right to tell people what they could or couldn't do when it comes to the Assembly file simply because no one OWNS that file but Pimps and technically Pimps could tell us that we are indeed breaking a law by even MODIFYING in any way shape or form. And that isn't a shot at the Starvation team but rather something I myself have often worried about in my own modding.

I myself have been very weary of doing anything with the dlls until recently because one of the Pimps (possibly Kin) had mentioned a few months back that redistributing the dll can be seen as illegal due to this.

All Im saying is we ALL need to be careful about claiming ownership of a dll file that none of us have a right to even distribute and Kin (possibly) insinuation when he made that statement has me wondering of this is not something already on the Pimps radar.

There is no drama here. We all are from the same side.

Rentechd appears to have had a late night being frustrated by problems being introduced via third party influences.

All I am stating here is there is no support from the Starvation team, if third party mods are used. Nothing more. Nothing less.

There is no drama here. We all are from the same side.

Rentechd appears to have had a late night being frustrated by problems being introduced via third party influences.

All I am stating here is there is no support from the Starvation team, if third party mods are used. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I wasn't suggesting drama. I was merely musing on even my own mod which modifies the dlls. My apologies if you thought my statement was a direct hit on rent it wasn't.

• 5 weeks later...

I finally got around to updating this for the new update. Please be aware that his patch is only designed to work with Starvation Mod 16.00.00.27 and should not be used with any other version.

If you download and use this patch please be aware that you forfeit any support from the Starvation team. If you run into any trouble with Starvation Mod after installing this patch you must first remove the patch and then replicate the issue in Starvation before seeking support.

Changelog:

Added some quick and dirty thirst and hunger bars, crude work but at least they are there.

• 2 weeks later...

Patch Updated!

Please be aware that his patch is only designed to work with Starvation Mod 16.00.00.28 and should not be used with any other version.

If you download and use this patch please be aware that you forfeit any support from the Starvation team. If you run into any trouble with Starvation Mod after installing this patch you must first remove the patch and then replicate the issue in Starvation before seeking support.

Changelog:

Added bigger minibike storage - 112 slots.

Patch Updated!

Please be aware that his patch is only designed to work with Starvation Mod 16.00.00.28.3 and should not be used with any other version.

• 2 weeks later...
Patch Updated!

Please be aware that his patch is only designed to work with Starvation Mod 16.00.00.28.3 and should not be used with any other version.

Hello, is already known when a new version will be available for the 16.00.00.29?

Patch Updated!

Please be aware that his patch is only designed to work with Starvation Mod 16.00.00.29 and should not be used with any other version.

Patch Updated!

Please be aware that his patch is only designed to work with Starvation Mod 16.00.00.30 and should not be used with any other version.

Changelog:

-Removed the thirst and hunger bars seeing how Starvation now got it's own custom HUD.

Archived