SMX - Unofficial 72-slot BigBag Patch for Starvation Mod

Sirillion

!!! DISCLAIMER START !!!

This is not a MOD, this is a PATCH it will not work stand alone and it must have Starvation Mod installed to function. It is an unofficial and unsupported alteration to Starvation Mod to add a bigger backpack only. The backpack will be 72 slots big but take up no more UI space than the standard backpack. And yes, this is the same patch that Games4Kickz use in his Let's Plays for Starvation Mod.

!!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!

By applying this patch to your Starvation Mod install you agree that you can no longer turn to the Starvation Mod team for support if something is wrong with your install. If you need support from them on an issue you must first use the Mod Launcher and tick the "Refresh Mods Automatically" box before launching the game again to remove this mod and then replicating the issue you want to seek support for without having the BigBag patch installed to rule out the possibility that the BigBag patch is the cause of the issue. Then, and only then can you seek support. Failure to comply with this disclaimer can result in the removal of this patch upon request of the Starvation Mod team.

Please remember to empty your bags into storage boxes before removing this patch or you will lose everything located in an inventory slot above 32 slots.

You must also be aware that this patch is only compatible with the version it is made for and will not work with other versions of the mod. It will seem to be working, but trust me when I say you do not want to do that. Future versions of Starvation Mod could possibly and will probably render the need for this patch useless. When that happens maintenance of this patch will cease in respect of the vision the Starvation Mod team want for their mod.

This patch is provided as-is and you are self responsible to backup your save games before installing it and to install it correctly to avoid loss of in game items.

!!! DISCLAIMER END !!!

Requirements:

-Starvation Mod 16.0.0.30 (ONLY)

Installation Instructions - Mod Launcher:

- Copy the downloaded archive into the Starvation Mod install directory. (Alternatively you can extract the archive anywhere and drag and drop the TempMods folder into the Starvation Mod install directory.)

- Extract the archive opting to overwrite files in the process. If you get no overwrite prompt you are doing it wrong.

- Start the Mod Launcher

- Remove the tick from the "Refresh Mod Automatically" selection.

- Start the game from the Mod Launcher.

- Play and enjoy.

Installation Instructions - Manual:

- Copy the downloaded archive into the Starvation Mod install directory. (Alternatively you can extract the archive anywhere and drag and drop the content of the TempMods folder into the Starvation Mod install directory.)

- Extract the archive, then copying the content of the TempMods folder into the Starvation Mod install directory opting to overwrite files in the process. If you get no overwrite prompt you are doing it wrong.

- Play and enjoy.

Installation Instructions - Dedicated Server:

- Copy the downloaded archive into the Starvation Mod DS install directory. (Alternatively you can extract the archive anywhere and drag and drop the folders into the Starvation Mod DS install directory.)

- Extract the archive opting to overwrite files in the process. If you get no overwrite prompt you are doing it wrong.

- Start the server.

- Connect, play and enjoy.

I would like to send my thanks to Mortelentus and the rest of the Starvation Mod team for condoning the release of this patch.

Download:

DOWNLOAD

0TCnx0u.jpg

Please note that we have had many (too many) support questions and bug reports because of this mod, including ones that have cause people to have to completely reinstall and cases where games were lost. Starvation team does not support this mod as no request was made for the source code so that the dll could be built correctly and apparently hacking the dll to make this was not the best choice. At this point we have been having to deal with many people that have added this then hit a problem and come to us with bug reports or want their game fixed. Starvation has plans to do something with extended inventories but if you can't be patient and insist on using this the Starvation Team cannot support the mod while you have this mod installed over it. We cannot fix it if it breaks your world, and cannot help you if Starvation does not work correctly. If you do have this mod/patch installed and need help with Starvation please remove the mod by reinstalling the Starvation Mod's most current version and see if the issue still exists.

Please note that we have had many (too many) support questions and bug reports because of this mod, including ones that have cause people to have to completely reinstall and cases where games were lost. Starvation team does not support this mod as no request was made for the source code so that the dll could be built correctly and apparently hacking the dll to make this was not the best choice. At this point we have been having to deal with many people that have added this then hit a problem and come to us with bug reports or want their game fixed. Starvation has plans to do something with extended inventories but if you can't be patient and insist on using this the Starvation Team cannot support the mod while you have this mod installed over it. We cannot fix it if it breaks your world, and cannot help you if Starvation does not work correctly. If you do have this mod/patch installed and need help with Starvation please remove the mod by reinstalling the Starvation Mod's most current version and see if the issue still exists.

If people can't read just ignore their request for help it's simple and written in plain words.

Good morning,

Out of interest, how many reports are we talking about?

I have a disclaimer in the OP that state that users forfeit their support from the Starvation team if they use this patch as agreed upon when asking Mortelentus for permission to distribute this. If you feel something is missing from that please feel free to advice upon how to change it to the better.

Are all the reports in regard to this particular patch? There is also another one available, no reports on that one? With the exception of the number of slots we put in I would assume that the modification carried out on the dll is the same for both versions.

The way it is modded is the same way we use for any big bag mod for 7DTD, it is a well tested method that has been around for a while now and the only real problems my users have had with it for other versions is when they forget to install it properly so that the dll isn’t included.

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am not much of a programmer but I fail to see the difference between modifying The Fun Pimp’s dll and Starvation’s dll with this particular mod. I do not have access to The Fun Pimps source code either but the mod still works well in every other instance where it has been applied by just editing the dll.

On my side I’ve had no other feedback than that it works well and people are pleased with it. Games4Kickz have been using it for weeks and I asked him a few days ago if have had ANY issue at all with it and he said he hadn’t.

I’ve also had several other users reach out to me informing me it works well for them. So maybe the issues can be related to user error and not the patch itself?

Anyways, as I stated to Mortelentus when he gave permission to distribute this, he can pull the plug on this at any time if it proves to become a problem for the team.

Good morning,

Out of interest, how many reports are we talking about?

I have a disclaimer in the OP that state that users forfeit their support from the Starvation team if they use this patch as agreed upon when asking Mortelentus for permission to distribute this. If you feel something is missing from that please feel free to advice upon how to change it to the better.

Are all the reports in regard to this particular patch? There is also another one available, no reports on that one? With the exception of the number of slots we put in I would assume that the modification carried out on the dll is the same for both versions.

The way it is modded is the same way we use for any big bag mod for 7DTD, it is a well tested method that has been around for a while now and the only real problems my users have had with it for other versions is when they forget to install it properly so that the dll isn’t included.

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am not much of a programmer but I fail to see the difference between modifying The Fun Pimp’s dll and Starvation’s dll with this particular mod. I do not have access to The Fun Pimps source code either but the mod still works well in every other instance where it has been applied by just editing the dll.

On my side I’ve had no other feedback than that it works well and people are pleased with it. Games4Kickz have been using it for weeks and I asked him a few days ago if have had ANY issue at all with it and he said he hadn’t.

I’ve also had several other users reach out to me informing me it works well for them. So maybe the issues can be related to user error and not the patch itself?

Anyways, as I stated to Mortelentus when he gave permission to distribute this, he can pull the plug on this at any time if it proves to become a problem for the team.

Hi again Sirillion, as far as i know there has been one or two trying to report en error from using my BBM patch (the other one u mentioned) but like you i have also stated in the op that by using it you can no longer get support. and like you i am also thinking that if this becomes a big issue, then i will take it down. and ty for releasing your version aswell :)

Hey KingRizla,

Yeah, I’ve had no reports to me about mine yet, on any of the fora I frequent, other than thank yous and that it is working. I am just hoping that people actually read the disclaimer before just jumping to the download button.

It kinda had to become "the other one" as I for the life of me couldn’t remember the name of it ... I am terrible with names >_<

You are welcome, I didn’t want to release it initially but I got so many requests for it I figured it was best to just get it out there so the requests would die down. But you paved the way! If it wasn’t for you getting permission and releasing yours I wouldn’t have released mine.

Hey Guys!

I'm not a programmer but I do know guys who are.

The thing is 7 days to die UI is not that complicated regards to other games. It's very straightforward. Thats why SMX and other UI mods will often work than not.

Personally been using the UI and BBG mods since i learned of their existence (proly' from watching Kicks) and never had any problems in any configuration and setting.(on a PC/ PCs)

There are lots of instructions how to implement mods. Sure if you mess it up- yes- the mod will fail. But if you pay attention to the order and abc- all will be ok. I wouldn't mind a "smart" executable that does these things for you- again- one would need to build one first (mod auto-patcher)

However:...

Laptops tend to have issues with these configurations. Mainly because many Laptop vendor GPU drivers are tied to their specific hardware configurations and thus it often is missing some instruction sets versus a descrete GPU on your PC and not only that. I have 3 laptops and on one of them for Love of the GOD it crashes- renders errors like no tomorrow and on paper all is working. But once you fire it up- it just wont work.

Vanilla game - unmoded- works fine but once you put a mod that changes that vanilla framework and if that mod messes with graphic interface- problems rise. I believe some people who are having issues are trying to fire this game with mods from laptops- not all but some.

To fix this and find exactly what really causes desyncs one would need to "dissect" each laptop one by one- something FunPimps have no time or resources and for individual modders I dont see that happening.

For Pcs FunPimps already got you covered- with each update comes some under the hood fixes- so always use the latest patch(even experimental) to avoid possible crashes.

Lastly from my understanding Latest Unity has many fixes incorporated and as far as I understand on Alpha 17 FunPimps will be using the latest hence the new modular car system they perfecting. So there should be even more less bugs in alpha 17(hopefully).

Love your mods!

Did you by chance get the server side DLL up and hosted?

Thank you, I am glad you like it. Server dll is coming. I just need to find time to make it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sirillion: A big "thank you" from me as it's great to have this for Starvation.

I've been watching Games4Kickz and was hoping we would get it too someday.

Many thanks for all the work done on this.

Thank you, I am glad you like it.

Archived