A16 - 7D2D SDX Tutorials and Modding Kit

sphereii

Maybe try playing with the Flashlight particle effect? Wondering if the Ray attribute/element would control the spread. Maybe compare the spotlight and the flashlight.

Then model it after the blunderbuss and rev up the bullet behavior attributes? Then maybe make a new ammo modeled after the blunderbuss ammo but toss on the Nail gun batter pack mesh and icon?

Dang it. Now I wanna try it...

Yea, im trying to hype myself up and try out the tutorial lol. Ive wanted some fallout style mods in 7dtd for a while, some laser weps, robots, a vault prefab, power armor, etc. Ive made myself super mutant npcs(basically bandits) and its easy to turn the zombies into feral ghouls, just nerf their health, make them run all the time and make them uglier lol. Starvation has giant scorpions(reads: radscorpions) so its not a stretch to add other stuff like mutant bears, etc. Bandit npcs can be made to look more like the raiders as well. Aaaarrrr, so much work to make a mod, thats why i leave it up to the ones that actually know how to do it lol. Oh, i almost forgot about dogmeat, everyones fav post apocalyptic buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

"Notice that there is no Item ID specified? When an Item ID, or block ID is not specified, SDX, at build time, will auto-assign an ID. Therefore, all your items and blocks will be auto-numbered."

I noticed SDX doesn't auto-assign intelligently in the blocks.xml. Meaning, if I let SDX do it, it'll create a block with ID 20xx instead of using one of the many empty block ID's like ID 17. How do I get SDX to use those automatically?

"Notice that there is no Item ID specified? When an Item ID, or block ID is not specified, SDX, at build time, will auto-assign an ID. Therefore, all your items and blocks will be auto-numbered."

I noticed SDX doesn't auto-assign intelligently in the blocks.xml. Meaning, if I let SDX do it, it'll create a block with ID 20xx instead of using one of the many empty block ID's like ID 17. How do I get SDX to use those automatically?

Next release for SDX will have this fixed.

I downloaded this, and while the minibike storage works without a hitch, the biggerbackpack mod doesn't. I didn't follow the tutorial yet, so if it was intended for a fix to be in there then i missed it; I know how to install mods using SDX though and managed to get other mods working fine.325kM2l.png

I downloaded this, and while the minibike storage works without a hitch, the biggerbackpack mod doesn't. I didn't follow the tutorial yet, so if it was intended for a fix to be in there then i missed it; I know how to install mods using SDX though and managed to get other mods working fine.325kM2l.png

What was your issue with the bigger back pack?

• 3 weeks later...

sphereii i noticed that the dnSp3 tools seems to have the (is it called API?) of the specific classes and methods in the base game. What i mean by that, the editor is color coding the classes...but when looking at mods outside the .dll the classes and stuff that aren't defined in the mod aren't color coded.

Is there a way for a nub like me to get that fixed? it would be really handy to right-click a class and tick "go to definition" for example in Visual Studio. As well as the use of intellisense.

also the dnSPy thing seems pretty wicked, can it be used for more than just finding and examining a class or method in the .dll?

sphereii i noticed that the dnSp3 tools seems to have the (is it called API?) of the specific classes and methods in the base game. What i mean by that, the editor is color coding the classes...but when looking at mods outside the .dll the classes and stuff that aren't defined in the mod aren't color coded.

Is there a way for a nub like me to get that fixed? it would be really handy to right-click a class and tick "go to definition" for example in Visual Studio. As well as the use of intellisense.

also the dnSPy thing seems pretty wicked, can it be used for more than just finding and examining a class or method in the .dll?

You can right click on a method's body, and go to Edit Method, or Edit IL. Right click on an item of interest, and you can clickon Analyze. It'll do a search and show you what uses it, what assigns it, and what references it.

You can get Intellisense working by adding a Reference to the Assembly-CSharp.dll in your Visual Studio project. I don't think it'll de-compile for you though, so it's not as versatile as dnSpy is for that.

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to get some new zombies in, just retextures really. In Unity is there a certain way I need to save them? Im pretty certain using TMeshB is not the right way.

SphereII has info on that...I don't think he was using any tags at all, but he's using legacy animation and unity store models.

• 2 weeks later...

Try: WeaponFire That works for action 0 on melee weapons, and I think guns...not sure if bow is different. What might be missing is you didn't create the animation for the string pulling back on your model. The game wont automatically animate your new model because of a trigger event, you need to create that animation on your new model, then attach the WeaponFire trigger to the transition between the resting state animation and the string pulling back animation. It should then immediately transition back to the resting state.

weaponFire on reslease Button

Try: WeaponFire That works for action 0 on melee weapons, and I think guns...not sure if bow is different. What might be missing is you didn't create the animation for the string pulling back on your model. The game wont automatically animate your new model because of a trigger event, you need to create that animation on your new model, then attach the WeaponFire trigger to the transition between the resting state animation and the string pulling back animation. It should then immediately transition back to the resting state.

Thanks for answer!

Of Course I made an animation for my Model :smile-new:

The problem I have, I use the catapult class, same class as the Bow is using, and the trigger for WeaponFire occurred on LeftButton Release!. So, while the StatusBar for draw is runnig up, my animation do nothing, when I release Left Mouse Button (Fire) then my animation starts, both draw and Fire. It works but it would be cool if my animation for drawing happen on leftmouse down.

Thanks for answer!

The problem I have, I use the catapult class, same class as the Bow is using, and the trigger for WeaponFire occurred on LeftButton Release!. So, while the StatusBar for draw is runnig up, my animation do nothing, when I release Left Mouse Button (Fire) then my animation starts, both draw and Fire. It works but it would be cool if my animation for drawing happen on leftmouse down.

hmm ima noob but perhaps comb through the compiled code with that one tool and look for things tied to the bow class?

Thanks for answer!

I think you need several animation states. on entry would transition to bowIdle, where its not drawn. Then weaponfire true and isdrawn (bool) false wouls transition to a bowdrawidle state. then it might transition to bowfire based on weaponfire true and isdrawn true. then it transitions to bowidel. Im saying you might need both the WeaponFire trigger and a boolean condition to make this all work.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived