A16 - 7D2D SDX Tutorials and Modding Kit

sphereii

Did you delete the old backup folder before running sdx the first time? I just updated my dedi to the latest exp version, changed the settings to map to the new working folder, deleted the old backup, and it ran correctly. Animationsdx and the transMorg loaded correctly as well.

I don't know what was going on I had to delete the backup and uninstall the dedicated and reinstall it fresh and then it worked fine. Thank you for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the tutorial for this the same with alpha 17? I get to the beginner mod with the cube and the katana, but can't get either to load. I tried with selecting the cubesample mod in sdx, didnt work, and placing the mod in the mods folder, also didnt work. Any help appreciated.

Can i use Unity 2018.3 and once i download and unzip the export script, where does that go? I see it says the unity project's asset folder. Is that for every project I work on?

I recommend using Unity 2018.2 as some of the features of .3 will not be supported by the game which is built on 2018.2 Place a copy of the export script in the root asset folder of each project you create.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok thanks, but this seems to still replace the whole string, right? At least that's what it looks like in NoAmmo, and from the quick tests I did.

I would like to be able to insert a new item in the string without specifying the whole thing, because if multiple mods add items to the same string value, they will step on each others feet. The @value='"" won't even find anything anymore if the string has already been modified.

We would need a new type of xml instruction that appends inside a value, which would use a method that converts the existing string to a list, appends the new string to it, and reconverts the list to a new string before setting it in the xml...

By the way, there is a small compile bug with the Neon Signs mod.

Easy to fix by adding a 3rd argument to the failing method, but it's a bit weird that it fails, because when you look in dnSpy, the 3rd argument is optional.

Also, I'd really like some clues about why Localization doesn't work for me, does it really work on your side?

It never worked for me in all the SDX versions I tried. I have my Localization.txt file in a 'Text' folder like all other mods. And it actually doesn't work for any of the mods I downloaded, not just mine.

I know this is old but can I get a hand in fixing this issue with the Neon mod?

thank you in advance

Archived