Creating and Exporting Models from Unity for use in 7D2D

xyth

Could you tell a small mod that adds new models and textures of zombies, by adding to the Mods folder in the root of the game? I'm just trying to figure out how to make out an .Xml file, what Unity3d, or Uma format files should be ... It's hard to twist this from large mods like Ravenhearst.

I can’t find it in the tutorials, and it’s just hard for me to understand.

Could you tell a small mod that adds new models and textures of zombies, by adding to the Mods folder in the root of the game? I'm just trying to figure out how to make out an .Xml file, what Unity3d, or Uma format files should be ... It's hard to twist this from large mods like Ravenhearst.

I can’t find it in the tutorials, and it’s just hard for me to understand.

Have you downloaded the mod launcher? That will have smaller mods. IIRC if you want a custom zombie, you'd have to do that in unity I believe and "dress" them there.

• 8 months later...

Hi lads interesting stuff you guys are doing I did the tutorial last night just for shits and giggles now you got me interested in how hard the rest of it is.  But before I do any more how much of this content is relivent for A18?.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Reeves said:

Hi lads interesting stuff you guys are doing I did the tutorial last night just for shits and giggles now you got me interested in how hard the rest of it is.  But before I do any more how much of this content is relivent for A18?.

Thanks

I promise you it is VERY relevant to A18. If you follow Xyth's awesome video tutorials and use his template project which is updated and ready to go for A18. I know this because recently I created my Crowbar mod thanks to his tutorial, so it's as relevant as it can be. Feel free to go wild in your modding and of course don't forget to share your creations with us, we want a piece of that cake too! :classic_tongue:

2 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

I promise you it is VERY relevant to A18. If you follow Xyth's awesome video tutorials and use his template project which is updated and ready to go for A18. I know this because recently I created my Crowbar mod thanks to his tutorial, so it's as relevant as it can be. Feel free to go wild in your modding and of course don't forget to share your creations with us, we want a piece of that cake too! :classic_tongue:

Thanks mate you guys got a discord that you all chat and game on ??

• 2 months later...

I updated Unity to 2019.2.21f1 (64-bit).

But now MultiPlatformExportAssetBundles doesn't work (options for creating a bundle do not appear in the context menu) .

Is this how it should be, or is it just me?

6 hours ago, xyth said:

Generally that means when you updated the project,  a script is bad and if any one script in a project fails it blocks all scripts.  Check the Unity console, find the bad script and delete it.

....hmmm......i don't use any scripts other than this one. 

I only use the MultiPlatformExportAssetBundles script.

the console only says this:

"Unable to open Assets/ExportAssetBundles.cs: Check external application preferences."

It doesn't work even if i start New Project with a single object. But it fully works on the Unity version 2018.2.0f2 for me.

So i would like to find out if this script works on versions of Unity_2019.2.21f1 or similar, that is relevant for A19  for other people.

It may be necessary to initialize/export it in some special way for new version Unity? ..... it need some additional Software?

I tried switching back to the old version and it works fine there.......i just used it before, but after update to the new version of Unity, it not working...

I suspect, it no longer compatible with the new version. Then... what version of Unity and what script do you use to work with A19 ?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

On 7/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, xyth said:

Generally that means when you updated the project,  a script is bad and if any one script in a project fails it blocks all scripts.  Check the Unity console, find the bad script and delete it.

you mean the scripts that are in tabs: windows -> package manager ?

Hey. May I ask you a favor? Could you record a video tutorial on creating a modlet with a new transport? I'm trying to get an army truck to drive, but nothing works out for me. The model in the game is not positioned correctly and when it is placed, the console opens with errors. Or tell me where I can find information on this issue... Thank you in advance!

There are a few modders who know how to rig and configure vehicles properly but I'm not one of those.  There is a channel on Guppys Discord dedicated to vehicles.  I'd suggest you ask there.

9 hours ago, xyth said:

There are a few modders who know how to rig and configure vehicles properly but I'm not one of those.  There is a channel on Guppys Discord dedicated to vehicles.  I'd suggest you ask there.

All right, I'll do it! Thank you very much! Could you give me an invitation link to this server?

Edited by fenymak (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

hello,May I ask a question?

I am now trying to add a clothing using a 3D model I made myself.However, the appearance does not reflect the 3D model.The 3D model is correctly reflected for the handheld and dropped states.No error is shown in the console window.

I would like to know if there is any information on how to solve this problem or how to add armor or clothing using 3D models.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• 2 weeks later...

Modded weapons are falling through the terrain. I created a mod for some weapons from the asset store in unity. The mod is complete and I am able to find them in the creative menu, I am able to hold them and fight with them. Everything looks good, except when i drop them they just fall through the terrain. My first guess was something wrong with the box collider, but have made changes with no changes in the game. My next guess is I am using the wrong tag "T_Mesh_B". I am honestly clueless about the tags though so I have no guess what to change it to. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by rickyralph (see edit history)