Creating and Exporting Models from Unity for use in 7D2D

xyth

hey if i made a new chest for me how get i a custom window on it ?

That depends on what you want in the way of customization. You can make the container size larger or smaller in the loot.xml for that container. More advanced window changes are done in the UI files.

Hello, I would like to ask you to make a video lesson on how to properly make a zombie animation for the game

7 Days to Die I've reviewed a lot of videos in YouTube but nothing like that! I tried to do it myself but nothing came of it ..... If there is an opportunity to make a video lesson I will be very thankful for you in advance !!

• 3 months later...

Animation SDX

Well, its been a while since I posted here. I've been teaching myself how to animate objects and entities in Unity and get them to work in 7D2D. I've made dozens of entities; zombies, animals, machines, NPC's etc, that use SphereII's new SDX animation mod. I don't totally sux at it now, so its close to time to make some new tutorial videos on these processes. I'll probably start with simple objects like machines and workstations, and move towards zombie and animal animations.

I have some time off around the holidays, so will plan to make some then. Here is a video of something I made earlier today. Its a bit rough in the transitions, but that can be polished if he finds work somewhere. Enjoy...

SubZero.jpg.f152a61ca9d457cef304a8d06eb2650b.jpg

I've made dozens of entities; zombies, animals, machines, NPC's etc

The snowman video... Its just so wrong in so many ways.

Like, I was actually uncomfortable watching it hover-glide around and spider scream at you... .oO((chills down spine))

I was never "Down" with Santa and Rudolf is just a glorified mule-deer so I always could rely on good old Frosty.

But... now?. Nope.

I don't think snow, let alone snowmen, will ever hold the same childhood wonder and happyness for me.

Thanx (lol)

The snowman video... Its just so wrong in so many ways.

Like, I was actually uncomfortable watching it hover-glide around and spider scream at you... .oO((chills down spine))

I was never "Down" with Santa and Rudolf is just a glorified mule-deer so I always could rely on good old Frosty.

But... now?. Nope.

I don't think snow, let alone snowmen, will ever hold the same childhood wonder and happyness for me.

Thanx (lol)

Haha, he even scarier now that hes finished. Still need to get a ranged effect working, but there are issues with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Uploaded the first in a series of tutorials on legacy entity animation for 7D2D. Starting very basic, and will build from there. This tutorial requires a basic mastery of making an SDX mod and exporting an object, such as was covered in previous tutorials.

Enjoy...

Moving the animation tutorials to their own thread.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Replying to an old thread... I know...

thank you very much,!! I can see it now if I just have a problem with the gun sight

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23788[/ATTACH]

And my config

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23789[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]23790[/ATTACH]

I have noticed the same problem... Seems that the vanilla guns have some kind of script which turns the model off (like when you attach a flashlight to a new gun you turn the object off in Unity - the game turns it on) otherwise they would, as far as my newbie understanding of Unity,act the same way your model does...

have been searching for a solution to no avail :( so, I would like to know this too...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My plan is to export the model (using UABE) to correct the mesh and import back.

But I have a question.

With the help of which i can change the mesh? (move the vertex and delete some). Is Unity itself capable of this, or do i need to use third-party utilities ?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

I want to try to get a blue barrel from the chemistry station.

I would like to pull the mesh and erase all around the barrels. Then export the mesh in place the other object (which I don't need).

To be honest, i've already done something like that, but the textures are still wrong...

I did it with the Blender, it was tedious because it was unfamiliar to me utility...

...For some reason i decided that i can edit the mesh directly in Unity...

I am interested in, what tools used for create models for SDX-mods ?

• 2 months later...

Hi !

I can't figure out what Unity3d is....can i use Unity3d to proper texturing the mesh?

How to adjust texture (size, offset)? Can i work with each polygon?

Or should i use a blender for full texturing?

.unity3d is like a zip file, but for unity. You might get lucky and uabe can open it, so you can then manipulate the object files in unity.

Oh, no - i didn't mean the extension but Unity itself :)

By the way, i can open a ready made .unity3d file in Unity?

or it could be only available for UABE.... or other utils ?

UPD:

Apparently, i haven't found any video tutorials - Unity is not used for texturing objects...all make in a blender...

UPD2: by the way, you figured out with the coordinates in ta_opaque ?

(i about https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Diary-Alpha-17&p=817042&viewfull=1#post817042)

...i can tell you some numbers (the price of the pixel division, the coordinates of the beginning of the Atlas... )

Yes, I sure did. Then gronk told me about the gimp plugin. Lol.

Yeh I use unity to stretch and combine objects, but the early versions do not allow you to edit meshes. I'm told 2018 does though.

- - - Updated - - -

But yes, you can re texture in unity, with offset and size, on each face. I think it requires a Seperate mesh renderer for each face though, I have never tried.