Crowbar

mr.devolver

Mod name: Crowbar v1.1

Hello guys, this is my first real mod for 7 Days to die using Unity3D. Feedback is always welcomed!

Description:

You've waited a half life for this!

Quality of crafted Crowbar is governed by Miner69er perk, but this tool won't help you much to crack boulders.

However safes, doors (including jail doors), hatches and heads are a different story as Crowbar does extra damage to them!

Repair with a Repair Kit and repair often as it can break!

How to obtain Crowbar:

* Crafting at workbench - You must first learn how to craft it by using Crowbar Schematic.

* Find it as a rare tool in loot.

* You can buy it from trader if it's available.

Credits:

* www.funfant.net for creating a carpenter tool set and providing it for free on Unity Asset Store.

* Xyth for his video tutorial on how to import a 3D model into Unity for use in 7 Days to die and for his tutorial template project.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who made creating this mod possible!

Release notes:
v1.1
* Fixed Localization.txt - now it shows full Crowbar description.

v1.0
* Initial release.

This Crowbar lets you open safes, doors and heads, success of opening depends on the quality of your crowbar as well as skill for opening...

spacer.png

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

ENJOY!

4 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Just what the game needed :)

Well done.

Thank you Ragsy for words of encouragement. I know Crowbar may not be everyone's thing, but I wanted one badly and I also wanted to contribute with something to modding community and hopefully encourage others to start modding too, hey I want more cool mods myself! :p

23 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Oh cool you popped your unity cherry.  Nicely done!  😃

Thanks! It was built on Xyth's success with Unity, I wouldn't be able to figure it out without his video tutorial and I'm secretly hoping to learn more from you guys, so that I could create and share some cool mods with you. :o I have a lot of ideas that don't let me sleep, but lack of modding knowledge to make them happen!

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Phil Mebols said:

Will this work with A19?

Honestly, I don't know. Alpha 19 brought up many fundamental changes modders have to adapt to. Expert modders will always adapt faster. Unfortunately I'm not an expert myself. At the time of creating this mod, I just started modding this game and I haven't really touched it since then due to some real life matters I had to deal with. It's what it is, feel free to try this mod in A19 as is, if it doesn't work it will have to be updated. At the moment I can't promise it will be updated soon, I was thinking of more stable version of Alpha 19 would be better for updating mods as the more stable version of the game is, the fewer times mods must be updated, but if any expert modder wants to update this mod right now, they can feel free to do so, I wouldn't mind at all. :)

9 minutes ago, mr.devolver said:

Honestly, I don't know. Alpha 19 brought up many fundamental changes modders have to adapt to. Expert modders will always adapt faster. Unfortunately I'm not an expert myself. At the time of creating this mod, I just started modding this game and I haven't really touched it since then due to some real life matters I had to deal with. It's what it is, feel free to try this mod in A19 as is, if it doesn't work it will have to be updated. At the moment I can't promise it will be updated soon, I was thinking of more stable version of Alpha 19 would be better for updating mods as the more stable version of the game is, the fewer times mods must be updated, but if any expert modder wants to update this mod right now, they can feel free to do so, I wouldn't mind at all. :)

For what this is worth mr.devolver.... I also have a crowbar in my modlet. You won't have any issues in A19 unless you are extending from an item that had it's name changed. That part of my modlet didn't require any changes at all. I haven't actually looked at your mod, but I'm aware of it. Good job!

Tips for ranged weapons if you decide to try that. Make sure your hierarchy for the model is correct in Unity. If it's not, the model may load properly, but you'll get NRE's when you ADS (aim down sight).

44 minutes ago, Phredd said:

For what this is worth mr.devolver.... I also have a crowbar in my modlet. You won't have any issues in A19 unless you are extending from an item that had it's name changed. That part of my modlet didn't require any changes at all. I haven't actually looked at your mod, but I'm aware of it. Good job!

Tips for ranged weapons if you decide to try that. Make sure your hierarchy for the model is correct in Unity. If it's not, the model may load properly, but you'll get NRE's when you ADS (aim down sight).

Thanks for the tip. I haven't touched ranged weapons yet, I was more interested in creating new quests by improving / building on NPC mods from Xyth and of course the rest of the community that contributed to them. I believe that's a pretty solid ground for some more advanced quest line and possibly new features we haven't seen in this game yet, but naturally with so frequent changes to the game code, it's best to delay any ambitious projects like that until it gets more stable. In the meantime the base code for NPC mods gets new interesting features we could play with, so for now I'm passively gathering info, watching the development to see where is it going, what to expect, what will be the new possibilities, so that I could think of possible improvements and maybe new quests and features that I always wanted to create but couldn't due to technical limits.

No need to edit anything, it works fine, just mark a yellow WRN referring to lootcontainers / lootgroup name = rareTools, you just have to change it for another and that's it.
Question: The only thing that the crowbar does is do more damage to open safes, weapons, etc. Or does it also serve to harvest cars, microwaves, etc. only that it does not have the animation like the wrench?

P.S. It will not be necessary to upload it, it has nothing to fix, better wait until the stable and see how much it changes.
Regards

15 hours ago, Gouki said:

No need to edit anything, it works fine, just mark a yellow WRN referring to lootcontainers / lootgroup name = rareTools, you just have to change it for another and that's it.
Question: The only thing that the crowbar does is do more damage to open safes, weapons, etc. Or does it also serve to harvest cars, microwaves, etc. only that it does not have the animation like the wrench?

P.S. It will not be necessary to upload it, it has nothing to fix, better wait until the stable and see how much it changes.
Regards

Thanks for testing. This probably means that finding the tool in loot won't be possible anymore and those interested in getting it will have to craft their own or buy one from the trader. This has probably something to do with the new loot system which I honestly haven't looked into yet. Ugh, I guess we all will have to re-learn the modding basics now...

As for the function of the crowbar itself, it was always meant to be a tool that will help you open safes, doors and heads faster - for a reasonable price, plus I tried to keep it well balanced, like swinging it is not too fast, so that it's not really OP and it degrades a bit faster than other tools you might be used to. So it's basically a rather expensive tool that is slow to swing but powerful enough to open most of the doors, hatches and heads much faster. It's not a replacement for a wrench though, because I believe even what it already does for the player is pretty much on the fence to being OP, depending on the strategy you choose when using it.

It can continue to be found in the looteo, you just have to change the lootgroup and it's ready.
I edited it to do the same function as the wrench with action 1, but it only has the stroke animation (harvest based on strokes) and with action 0 it has the stroke to quickly open the safes, but your resistance is it goes through the floor.

Archived