A16 (stable) rwgmixer re done top to bottom! (refined)

Tin

Is the new fixes up yet Tin; would love to leave the rabbit hole XD

Everything is in the OP with the link :)

It just doesn't have the compo pack stuff with it.. yet! It's just going to take a bit to get it itemized for that addition. I think it's at a good spot to release it as is but I will be tweaking stuff as time goes by still (probably adding new custom prefabs n such). BUT It does have everything I have done and is compatible with A16.2 & .3 So hope you enjoy it :)

was just looking through your latest upload...

First, are all the files in the config folder needed? do you have a list of what changed? gonna be hard to merge with other mods.

i think there might be a couple of typos...these 2 stuck out at quick glance in the mixer file:

<prefab_rule name="waterPois">
		<prefab name="TinDock2" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="TinLake1" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="pond02" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="pond01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="water_tower_01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="water_tower_01" max_count="1"/>		<----Should this be water_tower_02?
	</prefab_rule>

<prefab_rule name="utilities">
		<prefab name="utility_waterworks_01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="utility_electric_co_01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="utility_refinery_01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="utility_celltower_01" max_count="2"/>
		<prefab name="utility_celltower_01" max_count="2"/>		<----Should this be utility_celltower_02?
	</prefab_rule>

Love your work, it is just getting hard to figure out what is what (I was a fan of the mix and match that the individual changes you had before, but i know it is a lot of work)...maybe it is time for you to package it all up in a true mod and give it its own thread...just my 2 cents.

was just looking through your latest upload...

First, are all the files in the config folder needed? do you have a list of what changed? gonna be hard to merge with other mods.

i think there might be a couple of typos...these 2 stuck out at quick glance in the mixer file:

<prefab_rule name="waterPois">
		<prefab name="TinDock2" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="TinLake1" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="pond02" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="pond01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="water_tower_01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="water_tower_01" max_count="1"/>		<----Should this be water_tower_02?
	</prefab_rule>

<prefab_rule name="utilities">
		<prefab name="utility_waterworks_01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="utility_electric_co_01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="utility_refinery_01" max_count="1"/>
		<prefab name="utility_celltower_01" max_count="2"/>
		<prefab name="utility_celltower_01" max_count="2"/>		<----Should this be utility_celltower_02?
	</prefab_rule>

Love your work, it is just getting hard to figure out what is what (I was a fan of the mix and match that the individual changes you had before, but i know it is a lot of work)...maybe it is time for you to package it all up in a true mod and give it its own thread...just my 2 cents.

Yeah mistakes but more so just an extra copy so the doubles can be removed but shouldn't affect anything. :)

Items/Buffs/weathersurvival/entitygroups/spawning are still the same as in the extras area.

Biomes desert decorations and a couple particle effects have been tweaked a touch.

Obviously the big changes are in the rwgmixer and prefab additions.

This is still a wip (kinda) and will be changed a few more times and is why I just added everything together to make it easier for ppl to just get in till I get closer to a true release. In which I'll make another thread and re itemize the DL's into what files can be removed to make it easier for those that like to merge mods together.

So bare with me for a bit till I get things a bit more finalized :)

I think he means the hight display of the world that changed because of disabling WeatherSurvival.

@legendfire77 , if that's what you mean, just replace weathersurvival.xml with the vanilla one.

Ahh, Yeah I don't even bother with it <shrug>

hey Tin,

Nice job on the mixer I've been using it a couple versions back and learning how to modify it as needed. On the newest one however it looks like much has changed. I'm curious do I need all these files in the package if I'm just wanting to use the rwgmixer?

There's a couple of files I removed just to test and see what happened such as new1, dummy hubs.xml and prefabe export, everything seemed to load but on the preview maybe there was some grey boxes in some hubs that had resources on it and gravestone with no model. Are these dependent upon these files or any of the files due to the new prefabs and changes?

Also the cities look great...pretty large just lack variety from the compo pack, I was going to just add in the prefabs in the xml and the compo pack for the prefabs I use. I remove alot of prefabs as I just dont like them or the dont really seem to fit to my taste. I generally crank down all the max amounts to 2 or 1 so it spawns a greater variety of buildings, I get highly annoyed by seeing the same prefab right next each other or close to each other lol.

hey Tin,

Nice job on the mixer I've been using it a couple versions back and learning how to modify it as needed. On the newest one however it looks like much has changed. I'm curious do I need all these files in the package if I'm just wanting to use the rwgmixer?

There's a couple of files I removed just to test and see what happened such as new1, dummy hubs.xml and prefabe export, everything seemed to load but on the preview maybe there was some grey boxes in some hubs that had resources on it and gravestone with no model. Are these dependent upon these files or any of the files due to the new prefabs and changes?

Also the cities look great...pretty large just lack variety from the compo pack, I was going to just add in the prefabs in the xml and the compo pack for the prefabs I use. I remove alot of prefabs as I just dont like them or the dont really seem to fit to my taste. I generally crank down all the max amounts to 2 or 1 so it spawns a greater variety of buildings, I get highly annoyed by seeing the same prefab right next each other or close to each other lol.

The other files you can leave out if you want fe: Biomes/items/buffs/weathersruvival/spawning/entitygroups and use others that you want.

The hubs: The dummy Cell/Hub is just a cell that will produce a lot of wilderness pois in place of a hub in certain cells (helps with loading for some lower end PCs) Just reduce the prob to = "0" for that cell and it won't generate it and will instead pick a cell that will generate a hub.

Yeah I'll be adding a compo pack version in the near future but you should be able to add whatever you want to the prefab list in the mixer.

Probably the easiest way is to take my prefabs and transfer them to another prefab folder that has all the compo pack ones you want to add. The terrain gen will not generate water naturally so you'll need at least the water source prefabs I have installed at the minimum "TinDock2" and "TinLake1"

That way you'll have more variety then before than just the water towers and pond 1 & 2.

oh and thanks! :)

I'm crawling slowly closer to a release. Almost done with rwgmixer then onto the biomes.xml. But first it's time for a break and to take a peek at the product of your creativity :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22239[/ATTACH]

[EDIT]

Imgur link:

GpSe9Qp.jpg

That seems to be a real good layout, Nice work!

Just played a couple of hours on your latest version. Wow, that's something else completely.

The first thing that jumped out to me was the atmosphere. It felt dreadful and desolate, like being stuck in a nightmare. "Welcome to the end of civilization, please don't make yourself feel at home." The size of the biomes, almost complete flatness of the world, sparse vegetation and dead trees did a lot to create that feeling.

Then the huuuuge size of the cities. Normally when I find one it's like "Ooh, nice, place to stay and loot until I've built my own base". Now I just felt incredibly lonely and lost in a place that once was bristling with activity but now I'm here, with no living soul anywhere and everything around me wants to kill me.

If you were going for that you hit the nail right on the head.

My starting quests sent me to a trader in the wasteland so, naive as I was, I went there... that was a bad decision. Death 1. But other areas aren't always the safest either. I saw a bear chasing a deer. That was quite funny to watch until the bear decided he liked me better for a snack. Death 2. I learned my lesson.

So, all in all, a pretty different experience from vanilla or what I'm going for. Really strong atmosphere. But this doesn't feel like a single player world to me, but more suited for a group of 8 players or more (also due to the amount of animals present), am I right?

Just played a couple of hours on your latest version. Wow, that's something else completely.

The first thing that jumped out to me was the atmosphere. It felt dreadful and desolate, like being stuck in a nightmare. "Welcome to the end of civilization, please don't make yourself feel at home." The size of the biomes, almost complete flatness of the world, sparse vegetation and dead trees did a lot to create that feeling.

Then the huuuuge size of the cities. Normally when I find one it's like "Ooh, nice, place to stay and loot until I've built my own base". Now I just felt incredibly lonely and lost in a place that once was bristling with activity but now I'm here, with no living soul anywhere and everything around me wants to kill me.

If you were going for that you hit the nail right on the head.

My starting quests sent me to a trader in the wasteland so, naive as I was, I went there... that was a bad decision. Death 1. But other areas aren't always the safest either. I saw a bear chasing a deer. That was quite funny to watch until the bear decided he liked me better for a snack. Death 2. I learned my lesson.

So, all in all, a pretty different experience from vanilla or what I'm going for. Really strong atmosphere. But this doesn't feel like a single player world to me, but more suited for a group of 8 players or more (also due to the amount of animals present), am I right?

Yeah, I got on avg 2-4 ppl that play and was going for the dark foreboding feels. Really brightens my day that I was able to get that vibe across. thanks!

Update: Aug 15th 2017

New DL link contains rwgmixer for both the compo pack, Vanilla pois and accent pois. Also contains a rwgmixer version for Vanilla pois and accent pois.

Choose which best fits your needs.

Hey Tin,

I think the mixers got mixed up...the one that is in the compo folder doesnt have any of the compo buildings defined, and the other folder has them defined.

Not a big deal to swap them myself, but could confuse or delay others that dont look first

Hey Tin,

I think the mixers got mixed up...the one that is in the compo folder doesnt have any of the compo buildings defined, and the other folder has them defined.

Not a big deal to swap them myself, but could confuse or delay others that dont look first

lol I'll take care of it thanks for the heads up :)

edit:Should be taken care of and again thanks!

I cant be the only one getting this after using the updated 16.3 RWGmixer with combo pack Vanilla and accent prefabs???

bh00g.jpg

Yeah I switched the rwgmixers on accident initially. So the rwgmixer you have is for the one with the compo pack. The other mixer in the other folder is for the vanilla + accents pois. You can either manually switch them around or just re down load and go from there. Sorry for the inconvenience but it should be corrected in the link either way.

Are you sure thats the issue, once i copied the Prefabs files from the A16.3 with vanilla and accent prefabs everything started working fine. I tried both rwgmixer files in the combo pack and the vanilla and both work fine with the vaniila accent prefabs. So it looks like the vanilla accent prefabs folder is the combo pack and vice versa...idk i could be wrong.

Is it just me or is there way more flat areas in these rwgmixer then your previous one or is it just the seeds ive been trying?

EDIT:I forgot to mention this was after re-downloading the zip file

something is definitely up with the prefab folders too...they both have some of the compo pack in them, so i couldn't tell which was which, but one had like 100 more files in it than the other...i just grabbed both prefabs and dumped them into my prefab folder and then used the mixer that had the compo prefabs defined (looked for the ones that all begin with x.

Update: Fixed Download link. I also separated them to avoid any issues that may have been caused by putting them together.

Both version separately tested (again) and downloaded and loaded fine. The only thing I can think of that was causing the issue was having them both together and the zip program messed it up. :(

So now pick you poison up front :)

Thank you for your patience and understanding :)

The compo pack version should be 46.3mb in size.

The vanilla with the accent pois should be 27.2mb

Archived