Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

I have some free time and motivation. So here is the next (small) update. I am still working on electricity but it will take awhile to understand my source code after this long break.^^

Changelog v0.3v (August 24, 2017):

- added option for textures to exchanger (tools -> replace -> advanced). This feature is not very well tested to be honest but it worked for Magoli. So if you've any trouble, it's his fault because he have not reported any bugs. ;p

- added tooltips to the export tool

- renamed 'Chances' to 'emptyChance | decoyChance | decoy1hpChance' (Sleeper volumes tab)

- made chances text field easily readable

- fixed: electricity tab may cause crashes

- fixed crash caused by the texture table (editor crashed when you clicked on an empty/white cell)

I6d48NM.png

Your awesome pille! Thank you for all your hard work. Is there a type of prefab you would like created? I feel like both you and Hal deserve a prefab created specifically after you 2.

What do you think about an animal clinic or centre? I haven't seen anything like this in Magoli's prefab pack yet and there are dog volume groups...

Edited by Pille
grammar (see edit history)

I found out that the function "DisallowedBiome" is not used more. (for attached prefab-xml)

Ok thanks n2n1. Are you sure (I ask because it's used in one of the vanilla prefab xmls)? I am going to remove it in the next update then.

I'm sure at 99% :) because my prefabs have ceased to follow affiliation to the biomes (i had to redo it to "AllowedBiome") and i saw that this "property" is missing in .dll.

....I ask because it's used in one of the vanilla prefab xmls...

...what exactly prefab?... probably left by mistake....

PS: (about .dll - this is in public class Prefab)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

I have no clue which one. If you use extras -> print all prefab xml data you will get this console output...

Age QSet(Old)

AllowTopSoilDecorations QSet(False, True)

AllowedBiomes QSet(snow, pine_forest, wasteland, forest, desert, plains)

AllowedTownships QSet(rural, town, wilderness, ciy, city, cave)

Condition QSet(New, Old, Normal)

CopyAirBlocks QSet(False, True)

DisallowedBiomes QSet(wasteland_hub)

DistantPOIYOffset QSet(0.0, -.1, -0.1, 0)

ExcludeDistantPOIMesh QSet(False, True, true)

MaxPerHub QSet(1)

RotationToFaceNorth QSet(2, 3, 1, 0)

SleeperVolumeGameStageAdjust QSet(350, 200, 450, 1000, 50, , 250, 400, medium, 100, hard, easy, 0)

SleeperVolumeGroup QSet(S_TestChamberDecoy_S, S_ZomUtilityWorker_S, S_ZomUtilityWorker_Med, S_LootRoom_XS, S_Default_XS, S_Badass_Med, S_GhostTown_Med, S_AbandonedHouse_1, S_ZomSoldier_L, S_BusinessMan_S, S_BusinessMan_L, S_BusinessMan_Med, S_LootRoom_L, S_LootRoom_Med, S_ZomUtilityWorker_L, S_Default_XL, S_ZomSoldier_S, S_FootballStadium_L, S_LootRoom_S, S_GhostTown_S, S_FootballStadium_Med, S_LootRoom_XL, S_Default_L, S_ZomSoldier_Med, S_Badass_XL, S_BikerBar_Med, S_Default_Med, S_Default_S, S_Badass_S, S_Badass_XS, SleeperSmall, S_SnowZombies_Med)

StaticSpawner.Class QSet(SpawnSmall, SpawnExtraSmall)

StaticSpawner.Size QSet(2, 20, 32)

StaticSpawner.Trigger QSet(160, 120)

TraderArea QSet(False, True)

TraderAreaProtect QSet(20, 0)

TraderAreaTeleportCenter QSet( 0, 1, 1, 2)

TraderAreaTeleportSize QSet(33, 33, 24, 39, 20, 26, 43, 36, 44, 48, 30, 36, 40, 41)

YOffset QSet(-8, -6, -4, -2, -11, -3, -1, -10, -5, -12, -24)

Zoning QSet(ResidentialOld, ResidentialNew, NoZone, DevOnly, BiomeOnly, industrial, any, Downtown, residentialnew, commercial, NavOnly, downtown, Industrial, Commercial)

...but it doesn't matter if it's not used in the dll.^^ That means there is (at least) one prefab with

<property name="DisallowedBiomes" value="wasteland_hub"/>

Time to remove this attribute.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

I am still having an issue getting all the textures to stick when i import the prefab. Tried 3 different locations and each time it was different blocks not textured. I am thinking the size of the prefab may be causing some texture loading issues?

Can you please explain this further as i dont understand.

Yes:

1. Create a prefab only consisting of air blocks (should have exactly the same size as the prefab you want to import).

2. Import the air prefab. This will remove all non-air blocks.

3. Import the real prefab (at the position of the air prefab).

Hey Pille,

Have you found a solution for my second problem yet? Of course you are very busy with the editor lately, so you probably haven't had the time. I'm just very curious about what's causing my problem :smile-new:

Post #371: "2. ....the block behind the ladder is not placable in-game. I can place it in the editor, but then it doesn't show up in the game"

Post #387: the prefab files you requested.

Edit: trying to type some sort of English, while my autocorrect wants every word I type translated to Dutch :-D

Edited by Henk (see edit history)

Edit:

I guess that's the reason :-D :

Jhrnqdt.jpg

The sign is another prefab. You couldn't see it because you inserted the line

<decoration type="model" name="CraneA16_2Q" position="500, 44, 1215" rotation="0" />

at the end of the file, right?

Probably you cannot place two prefabs at the same location even if 'copy air blocks' is on. Remove the sign in the prefab.xml or try this workaround:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62501-Prefab-Editor-(Alpha)&p=722270&viewfull=1#post722270

So make an extra air prefab and add this thing to the prefab.xml between sign and CraneA16_2Q:

<decoration type="model" name="sign????" position="?, ?, ?" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="Air" position="500, 44, 1215" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="CraneA16_2Q" position="500, 44, 1215" rotation="0" />

(Old useless blabla)

Hey Pille,

Have you found a solution for my second problem yet? Of course you are very busy with the editor lately, so you probably haven't had the time. I'm just very curious about what's causing my problem :smile-new:

Post #371: "2. ....the block behind the ladder is not placable in-game. I can place it in the editor, but then it doesn't show up in the game"

Post #387: the prefab files you requested.

Edit: trying to type some sort of English, while my autocorrect wants every word I type translated to Dutch :-D

Hi, I am old and forgetful, sorry.^^

I couldn't reproduce your problem. There is no block behind the ladder (was this intended?) (see screenshot bellow).

I can place it in the editor (and it does show up) as well as ingame. Both ways work for me. So it might be an issue with the region files. Have you tried to use another map?

XWOVaCV.png

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Anyone have an idea what I could be doing wrong?? I have been trying to add sleeper volumes, I added the zombies, extended the triggering area when I render the building back into the world. nothing triggers/spawns.

How are loading and testing? When i would test the sleeper spawns with my mcdowell i would load it in navesgane at a specific coord within the world xml. After the sleepers are cleared, simply deleting the region files wont make them respawn. May have to delete the hub data files as well but im not certain.

Exporting the building via Coppi Mod (Dedicated Server/Random Gen) loading it into Zombie 0.3, adding zombie locations and setting the trigger area... saving... then importing the building back.

I am not familiar with coppi mod. If your import is done live within game, that might be your problem as I don't think the sleeper data within the prefabs xml file is loaded until you exit and restart the game? I will defer to someone else familiar with coppi mod.

Looking down the list of commands, I don't see one for Importing and Exporting buildings... or did I miss it?

Nevermind... found it..

after reading the Help files on the commands it looks like it's part of CoppisMod, which I think is my problem importing the buildings back in after I've edited the zombies in, Zombie 0.3, they never spawn and somethings get stripped from the import, one thing I seen was Letters, and Sign information in the past.. who knows what else on the Export/Import... just trying to rule out coppimod.. or maybe something I'm doing wrong configuring the zombie spawns in Zombie 0.3

Success! it works! seem coppismod was not importing all the important data that allows zombies to spawn.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69772-djkrose-s-Scripting-Mod

That mod is my new best friend :)

Edited by Necrophobic (see edit history)