Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Mhh I am not sure if that's consistent behavior or not.^^ Imo the more important issue you've mentioned is that you cannot specify the position of your new layer/column/row. I needed this function for myself a couple of hours ago. So it's very likely that this feature will be implemented in the next release.^^

There is at least one (really ugly) workaround you can use. Either you wait for the next update or you try this:

<snip>

Yes. I am not sure but I assume the sleeper volumes aren't stored in the region files. I made a test spawning a prefab with ~3000 sleeper volumes in it.

Observation:

The size of the main.ttw file was 8 kb before generating the prefab. After spawning the building the size changed to 1220 kb.

So I think the volumes are include in main.ttw. Perhaps you have to reset this file...

Thanks! Will give these suggestions a try and report back.

Couple of requests:

"Do not change textures" checkbox under Edit. Sometimes I want to change a block, but want to leave the textures alone.

Some way to copy a block from Info into Edit, so that I don't have to remember the rotations, textures, etc. Ideally a right click on the block when in Info Tab, and an option to "Copy to Edit", then when I go to Edit, the block is there with all of the features. It would make changing densities so much easier.

(F)ile,(S)ave menu!

Tab going to the next field (I can understand not doing this yet if you're planning on more buttons)

Remembering the directory I loaded and/or saved the last file from/into.

A button to "Set All Faces" in the texture section, so that I can select a texture and have it set all faces, instead of having to do them one by one.

A way to search for Textures.

@layarion

My project is done, so i don't think i'll be around for .4, as i'll be playing the game now :p

You just damage yourself not using the editor. ;p

@Guppycur

Any word on when the "program crashes when deleting rows/columns" bug will be squashed?

As soon as electricity is implemented and debugged I will dare a new attempt of bug fixing. That's quite difficult without having a reproducible crash though... It's an alpha btw. ;)

Some way to copy a block from Info into Edit, so that I don't have to remember the rotations, textures, etc. Ideally a right click on the block when in Info Tab, and an option to "Copy to Edit", then when I go to Edit, the block is there with all of the features. It would make changing densities so much easier.

What's the difference to using the middle mouse button to copy the data to edit?

(F)ile,(S)ave menu!

Yep, 'File' should have a shortcut but you don't have to open to main menu to use the shortcut for 'Save' (control + shift + S).

Remembering the directory I loaded and/or saved the last file from/into.

Seems to be a bug. It should remember the last directory.

A button to "Set All Faces" in the texture section, so that I can select a texture and have it set all faces, instead of having to do them one by one.

A way to search for Textures.

Soon.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Middle Mouse button didn't do anything for me, so I guess the difference is that. =)

I need something to update the edit tab fields with what I'm click on so that I can change just one thing. I'll play with middle mousebutton later, I may be missing something?

I need something to update the edit tab fields with what I'm click on so that I can change just one thing.

That's exactly what the middle mouse button does.^^ I just tested 3 different mouses but wasn't able to reproduce your problem. It's a hard coded shortcut for the block picker tool that works with all modes/tools so I don't think that you've missed something. I don't have a clue what's going on.

Just to be sure: Move the cursor over a block you wanna copy to edit and press the middle mouse button.

@all

Does anyone else have this problem?

That's exactly what the middle mouse button does.^^ I just tested 3 different mouses but wasn't able to reproduce your problem. It's a hard coded shortcut for the block picker tool that works with all modes/tools so I don't think that you've missed something. I don't have a clue what's going on.

Just to be sure: Move the cursor over a block you wanna copy to edit and press the middle mouse button.

@all

Does anyone else have this problem?

It didnt work for my logitech mouse. So i remapped one of my side mouse buttons to perform the middle mouse button function.

So, I'm on v3.0n. I can't even get the block picker tool to work, so I assume that's my issue.

Oh, and as an aside, middle mouse button is a horrible choice because it's also on a wheel, and my wheel likes to move. Had that issue with Hal's for some mapping he was using too. A right click/context menu would be better IMO.

Edited by Guppycur (see edit history)

Yep, that fixed it. =)

Fixed remove rows too.

So um, note to self, opengl isn't a good option. =)

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh typically I like to see if I'm alone in an issue before doing any real leg work. If I am then it's usually me. :)

Yeah. Seems my chunk reload code does like something with other people at a certain distance. If you get errors Tele away and back and it should be there. I'm changing some stuff to hopefully improve that.

@pille, a flip (mirror) prefab would be handy. Needed that today trying to fix up guppies apartments which didn't fare well in the conversion

Yeh then type help and see the new options. It's complicated. Anyway, back to this editor.

Pille, so let's talk wires. How are you carrying over wires into the actual game? What's your plan? :)

You simply enter a savegame folder and the prefab coordinates. Then the editor will modify or read the power.dat file and change the wiring + device 'equipping' (e.g., ammo, engine, solar cells) of all electrical devices located inside the prefab volume. Stuff outside of the prefab will be ignored. All electricity data are stored in relative coordinates in the prefabname.pille file. So you can use the same data for different savegames...

K. Take the one side. Insert it into a world with the -2 rotation. Re-export.

- - - Updated - - -

...but yeh, a Rotate Prefab would sure come in handy. =)

Rotate prefab is already implemented. Mirroring not.

@Hal

You missed a bit. Fixed it ^^

Lol. So who the trademark owner.

@StompyNZ

@pille, a flip (mirror) prefab would be handy. Needed that today trying to fix up guppies apartments which didn't fare well in the conversion

I assume you're talking about horizontal flipping. Yep, it's planed. Soon™.^^

@Laz Man

Thanks. Must be related to the mouse driver I guess. Perhaps I can fix it.

Of course not^^ but it should fix the block picker bug. Remove rows/columns works very often anyway and since it's a non-reproducible bug, it shouldn't be a deal breaker. That's why the bug isn't fixed yet. :)

Just reload your prefab after the crash and try it again.

Edit:

Fixed remove rows too.

Overlooked this part, sorry.

If everything goes well the electricity update will be shipped next week and then I do have time to fix this crappy function.