[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Ok Im done with restarting my 1-3 days games because of clipped through terrain poisonous animals - how do i mod them out?

One of several ways... easiest is to go into buffs.xml and remove poison stage 4, and edit 3 so that the section pointing to it no longer exists. I did that, to remove the fatality, and instead made the previous stages worse. I think it plays better.

One of several ways... easiest is to go into buffs.xml and remove poison stage 4, and edit 3 so that the section pointing to it no longer exists. I did that, to remove the fatality, and instead made the previous stages worse. I think it plays better.

Great idea. Make stage 3 severe stamina exhaustion

Great idea. Make stage 3 severe stamina exhaustion

That's basically what I have in my personal installation. No fatality, no physical damage, very serious wellness and stamina drains. It could get you killed, and sweating it out instead of curing it will leave your stats as if you HAD died.

I read what Jeoshua wrote about the problem with weighted probabilities in the xmls, which is a constant problem.

Issue: Entries in entitygroups.xml and loot.xml use weights, they're not like biome decoratios.

Description: When loading the object lists found in these two files, the "prob" is summed and then the probabilities are normalized, meaning they are summed up and then put into a normal 0 - 1 distribution. These lists are weighted, not absolute probabilities. Having three objects with a probability of "1" does not give a 100% chance of all three, but rather a 1 in 3 chance of any one of them. Having 4 objects with a prob of 0.25 does give a 1 in 4 chance of any one object, but adding a fifth object with a probability of 0.25 gives a 1 in 5 chance of any one object.

Solution: I highly suggest that you go through these files with a fine toothed comb, and renormalize the probabilities, yourself. Don't use 0.05 for a 5% chance, use a prob of 5. Try to make everything sum up to 100. It will be much easier to work with, if you do this, I promise.

So i thought, this is alot of work, and then i thought i could try to help take off some of the micro that goes into editing these numbers. I thought there's probably a way to make a spreadsheet that can do this "normalization" for you. After a few hours i got the formulas to work and made a google spreadsheet that anyone with the link can use.

It works like this:

1. Add the contents of an entitygroup to the first sheet (paste in the first column)

2. The spreadsheet will count the weights, and apply probabilities to each entity, assuming probability 1 for entities with no entry on probability.

3. Copy the new entity-lines on the second sheet/page back to the xml.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yZQLi6ZrjDuGuRmSm2Ra2B9HdHwflqbCVYPZT1v3ABA/edit?usp=sharing

Hope you have use of this. I can also change or improve it, so please let me know how you use it or what i can add.

I also would love for food to expire in a weeks time. Unless it is stored in a fridge, or it is canned. With all the great immersion and realism in this mod, Food should expire, if its possible

Starvation mod has food spoil.

Hard Rock

hi Folks,

I/We have a big problem on True Survival Official Server. Me and my teammates didn't get below hard rock surface. We found a hole, it goes down many meters, we already have Steel tools and start to dig deeper. The hole start at +75 meter and we dig down until -13 meters!! and still hard rock what we found! How is it possible?

Am I mistake something that after 6 blocks we found the hard rock, but under below we will find valuable minerals, like iron, diamonds and so on?

Can you explain to me this thread?

Bug:

No icon for 50cal bullet.

Same here, Also there is a bug wit the ARM2, some times there is no sound when you shoot, and some times it does the continues firing after the shot. To stop it i switch to an other belt slot. As for the 50CalBullet icon, i just used a bullet icon from a different mod and renamed appropriately abd put it in and now have an icon till you fix that.

hi Folks,

I/We have a big problem on True Survival Official Server. Me and my teammates didn't get below hard rock surface. We found a hole, it goes down many meters, we already have Steel tools and start to dig deeper. The hole start at +75 meter and we dig down until -13 meters!! and still hard rock what we found! How is it possible?

Am I mistake something that after 6 blocks we found the hard rock, but under below we will find valuable minerals, like iron, diamonds and so on?

Can you explain to me this thread?

The 'Hard Rock' is not a 'layer', it goes all the way to bedrock. The ore deposites must be there, but how big they are I don't know, the ones I found are rather small. If you want Iron, I suggest you search Wasteland biome, it is near surface there. Nitrate also in Wasteland, but deeper. I guess you have no problem with Coal and Lead, they are plentiful.

The 'Hard Rock' is not a 'layer', it goes all the way to bedrock. The ore deposites must be there, but how big they are I don't know, the ones I found are rather small. If you want Iron, I suggest you search Wasteland biome, it is near surface there. Nitrate also in Wasteland, but deeper. I guess you have no problem with Coal and Lead, they are plentiful.

Ahaa, that's it. not a layer. We can found in it. We'll try the wasteland biome by the way. once I try, but I didn't find ore.

Thank you Unlike.

That's basically what I have in my personal installation. No fatality, no physical damage, very serious wellness and stamina drains. It could get you killed, and sweating it out instead of curing it will leave your stats as if you HAD died.

I like that approach.

So delete stage 4 and remove "onexpired="Poisoning4"" from stage 3?

*EDIT* Looks like the Launcher does not like that I edited files - messed up my install.

Are you on Server, Unlike?

Something is not OK, It's Bloodmoon and I don't want to confront with the big horde, but the time is not elapsed after I quit. still 00:54...why? I wait 20 minutes now and still 1:21. What's happening?

Time on server passes only when someone is online.

Mod Update-

Added Nail gun, Compact Driver, Chainsaw and Auger Perks

Added Nail gun Schematic to loot

I found the perks (they are all named CHAINSAW btw), but as they are expensive, I will try to find the nailgun schematics. But I could not find it in xml neither in Tier 2 nor Tier 3 books. Am I doing it wrong?

edit: Spider says it is in Working Stiff boxes.

Hi, is there a way to play the sdx versions on linux? Its starts but console is always on

If you want to try something completely new and untested, you can grab this DLL and see if that helps you: https://github.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/raw/master/SDX_0.7.0/DLLs/Linux/TrueSurvival/Assembly-CSharp.dll

It's True Survival SDX compiled against the Linux version of 7 Days To Die. Everything should be the same as it was before.

This is a continuation of my work with The Lorax to get something to run on Mac OS as well.

I like that approach.

So delete stage 4 and remove "onexpired="Poisoning4"" from stage 3?

*EDIT* Looks like the Launcher does not like that I edited files - messed up my install.

If you mod True Survival, you probably should start the game without the launcher. Run the game executable with the correct parameters directly from the directory you used the launcher to install TS. Create a shortcut on your desktop and put in your version of this Target:

yourgamedirectorypath\7DaysToDie.exe -nounet

-sdxconfig="yourgamedirectorypath\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\settings.ini"

Changing the yourgamedirectorypath to whatever your game directory path is. Mine is:

C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\7DaysToDie.exe -nounet

-sdxconfig="C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\settings.ini"

Another option might be to change stage 4 to begin slowly decrementing wellness like the radiation buff does. Maybe stop or slow down the health loss a bit, to say poison 2 level. That way death is still a possibility but you have more time to cure and there is a price to pay for delaying getting that cure.

If you mod True Survival, you probably should start the game without the launcher. Run the game executable with the correct parameters directly from the directory you used the launcher to install TS. Create a shortcut on your desktop and put in your version of this Target:

yourgamedirectorypath\7DaysToDie.exe -nounet

-sdxconfig="yourgamedirectorypath\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\settings.ini"

Changing the yourgamedirectorypath to whatever your game directory path is. Mine is:

C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\7DaysToDie.exe -nounet

-sdxconfig="C:\7D2D\Spider\True_Survival_SDX\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\settings.ini"

You should be able to just double click on the exe as well, without adding the -sdxconfig parameter.

Hi Spider,

I started using your mod again in A15, and I must say it's really looking nice! For the first time in a long while I felt the survival-aspect of the game..

Quick question; my hunger and thirst-bars for my character are both down to 0%, with a corresponding status-effect. But after a few minutes down to 0%, nothing is happening.. Am I not supposed to gradually lose health and/or die? Because now I can keep on playing without having to use food or drinks.. Or will there be something else after a few minutes?

Edit; Never mind, now it appears I'm dying :D

If you want to try something completely new and untested, you can grab this DLL and see if that helps you: https://github.com/SphereII/SDXWorkshop/raw/master/SDX_0.7.0/DLLs/Linux/TrueSurvival/Assembly-CSharp.dll

It's True Survival SDX compiled against the Linux version of 7 Days To Die. Everything should be the same as it was before.

This is a continuation of my work with The Lorax to get something to run on Mac OS as well.

Thx a lot sphereii, it works fine with linux. Sud be in the official DL or linked at the top

Edit; Never mind, now it appears I'm dying :D

I think that's how you know you are playing True Survival SDX. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thx a lot sphereii, it works fine with linux. Sud be in the official DL or linked at the top

So it resolved your console errors, and makes things work as expected?

So it resolved your console errors, and makes things work as expected?

No console errors but im getting huge areas of pink. For new plants (like hemp) AND for whole areas. I can look through them but not walk in

Archived