[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

When im clicking upload log file it crashes :/

I created myself 2 pastebins (log file too big for free)

https://pastebin.com/TAEdP6fZ

https://pastebin.com/AyN5UbwH

Also i have another question meanwhile. I planted trees and they only grew to midsize (500 health if i remember right). Does player planted trees grow only that large?

No, it should be downloading them all.

When you get a chance, next time you start the game, upload the log file for me? Once you exit out of the game, and in the Mod Launcher, click on the View menu, then go to Log Files. In the drop down box, select the game's output.log file, and click on Upload log file.

It will give you a pastebin.com link; if you can provide that to me, I'll take a look to see if I see anything unusual.

When im clicking upload log file it crashes :/

I created myself 2 pastebins (log file too big for free)

https://pastebin.com/TAEdP6fZ

https://pastebin.com/AyN5UbwH

It crashes? That's very unusual.

Click on Windows + R, and copy and paste this:

%APPDATA%\..\Local\Temp\7D2DLauncher.txt

or this:

%APPDATA%\Local\Temp\7D2DLauncher.txt

That should bring up the Launcher log. Seems like something is stopping the launcher; maybe a fire wall or something.

Also i have another question meanwhile. I planted trees and they only grew to midsize (500 health if i remember right). Does player planted trees grow only that large?

I'm sorry, I won't be able to help with mod-specific questions. Maybe someone else can field it.

I just started the game with this mod last month, never tried vanilla, and was a great experience. Can't wait the a16 version of true survival. The only thing I struggle much is finding iron veins. Can iron veins be found above hardstone layer? or should I have to dig below it with steel tools to reach them?. Also about how much thickness the hardstone layer has?

awesome.

I'm a long time TS SDX fan. I only have one complaint. I hate the deer attacking me when I shoot it. Two hits and I'm nearly dead, no zombies I face are doing that much damage. Died last game in two hits wearing full set of scrap armor. No deer turns and attacks the hunter when they have room to run away. The game is challenging enough do we really need pigs, chickens, rabbits, and deer attacking us? It would be more fun to track an injured animal that was bleeding out running away. Having a nearby zombie jump on the kill before you could reach it would be cool. Even when you manage to kill the deer as it charges you it is like free delivery of the food.

I'm a long time TS SDX fan. I only have one complaint. I hate the deer attacking me when I shoot it. Two hits and I'm nearly dead, no zombies I face are doing that much damage. Died last game in two hits wearing full set of scrap armor. No deer turns and attacks the hunter when they have room to run away. The game is challenging enough do we really need pigs, chickens, rabbits, and deer attacking us? It would be more fun to track an injured animal that was bleeding out running away. Having a nearby zombie jump on the kill before you could reach it would be cool. Even when you manage to kill the deer as it charges you it is like free delivery of the food.

Agreed. I too, have fell to a deer a few times, in full Iron armor

Agreed. I too, have fell to a deer a few times, in full Iron armor

I'm usually the carebear on this dev team so I am surprised folks are finding the aggressive versions too much. When they charge, one iron arrow shot directly into the charge will drop the meat at your feet. Sure, if you go toe to hoof then you are probably going to die, but why not kite them or melee while running, both make their attacks ineffective. It's the one single combat in this mod that's interesting (well, bears and Brutes can be fun too). Compared to crazed rabbits and chickens, it's not such a reach as to imagine they are animals in mating season defending their territory and mate in an extinction event.

I could see making them do a little less damage or have a slightly longer attack delay but they should remain a true survival threat.

My buddy and I are now into the low 40's levels and have encountered a new rarity problem. Antibiotics are becoming a real problem. They seem to be one of the rarest of the medicine drops and almost never seem to show up on nurses/medicine cabinets/Pop-N-Pills. We are swimming in Antivirals by comparison. The number of times we get a biotic infected is exceeding our ability to find antibiotics and when trying to figure out how to build them myself i find that the Antibiotics recipe is gated behind two different professions. First you have to be a Doctor to even get the Antibiotics recipe. Then to make the Antibiotics you also have to have mixed chemicals which is restricted to the Chemist profession. Having a necessary medical item gated behind two separate professions (especially given the slow rate of Profession pages drops currently in game) seems unnecessarily harsh. yes, i am aware of the Herbal Antibiotics option, but Cave Moss and Mushrooms in any quantity are their own problem, and the recipe is from yet another Profession.

Looking for some feedback on others experience with Antibiotics in the current game.

Update: Took the Farmer profession as the Front Page post says it gives the Herbal Antibiotic recipe, but the farmer book did NOT provide me with the Herbal recipe. I then cheated in enough profession pages to build the Park Ranger book and that one did finally provide the recipe.

I'm usually the carebear on this dev team so I am surprised folks are finding the aggressive versions too much. When they charge, one iron arrow shot directly into the charge will drop the meat at your feet. Sure, if you go toe to hoof then you are probably going to die, but why not kite them or melee while running, both make their attacks ineffective. It's the one single combat in this mod that's interesting (well, bears and Brutes can be fun too). Compared to crazed rabbits and chickens, it's not such a reach as to imagine they are animals in mating season defending their territory and mate in an extinction event.

I could see making them do a little less damage or have a slightly longer attack delay but they should remain a true survival threat.

Ive had difficulty kiting them, they seem to run fast, like in the panic speed so mele doesnt work well, arrow to the head, now im a good bowman, but when a deer is running at me full speed i tend to go OH ♥♥♥♥! Nad totally miss the stag lol

two quick questions

1) how do you use/detonate nitroglycerin? I'm trying to break thru hard layer (notes say it's possible with nitroglycerin). I've wielded it, right clicked it, left clicked it, E'd it, and Q'd it (dropped). I've shot at it with an iron crossbow bolt, nada... It just sits there and gets garbage collected after about 20-30 seconds. So what's the method to break thru the hard layer with nitroglycerin?

2) what's the reach of water in farming? Is it pure mahatten distance? i.e. L1 metric of x or y distance. or is it Euclidian distance? i.e. L2 metric: sqrt(x^2 + y^2)? I've noticed plants 4 away from water appear to grow, but others 3 away don't appear to. is it random???

Thanks for your consideration. Great mod, you've truly tuned this game to 11!

Love it! :glee:

Not sure if this is known or not but the hunting knife raises the blade skill, not the hunting skill.

Hunting skill is now increased by crafting looted items from the animals (antlers, pig tails, bear claws, chicken feet, etc). It is no longer increased by harvesting with knives. So it is now normal and correct that all knives raise blade skill.

I do have an issue with the rate of increase currently given by crafting these looted items though. I'm level 43 in my current game, have 500+ raw meat in storage, have lost count of the number of animals i have killed....and my hunting skill is only 18. Some testing and experience adjustments are needed i think.

1) how do you use/detonate nitroglycerin? I'm trying to break thru hard layer (notes say it's possible with nitroglycerin). I've wielded it, right clicked it, left clicked it, E'd it, and Q'd it (dropped). I've shot at it with an iron crossbow bolt, nada... It just sits there and gets garbage collected after about 20-30 seconds. So what's the method to break thru the hard layer with nitroglycerin?

I haven't used a lot of explosives, but my understanding is that Nitroglycerin is just an ingredient for TNT and cannot be used directly. TNT though is placed like a block on the ground and then shot from a distance to cause it to explode.

And I believe the Hard Stone is not a 'layer' that you break through like an egg shell expecting rock below it to be 'soft' again. Once you hit a certain depth ALL stone becomes 'Hard Stone' from then on. So realistically you have to be using Steel tools (level 75+) to mine below that depth with any reasonable effectiveness. It's not just a matter of breaking through a thin barrier to get at the goodies below.

Will try looking into it but it only crashed for logs so no big deal. Did You have any luck with looking into logs i posted?

It crashes? That's very unusual.

Click on Windows + R, and copy and paste this:

%APPDATA%\..\Local\Temp\7D2DLauncher.txt

or this:

%APPDATA%\Local\Temp\7D2DLauncher.txt

That should bring up the Launcher log. Seems like something is stopping the launcher; maybe a fire wall or something.

I'm sorry, I won't be able to help with mod-specific questions. Maybe someone else can field it.

Will try looking into it but it only crashed for logs so no big deal. Did You have any luck with looking into logs i posted?

Nothing jumped out at me from the logs. If you are missing icons, then it seems like the Launcher had problems downloading, or installing them. That's what the other log will show.

Player planted trees need water to maintain the growth cycle and will stop growing if no water is available.

- - - Updated - - -

hi!there is an idea to add to the mod of mosquitoes where to nahoditsya water on the shore,not necessarily that is was flying, and pursued,may cause inconvenience near water

This is not possible yet as there is no 3d model for a killer mosquito.

2) what's the reach of water in farming? Is it pure mahatten distance? i.e. L1 metric of x or y distance. or is it Euclidian distance? i.e. L2 metric: sqrt(x^2 + y^2)? I've noticed plants 4 away from water appear to grow, but others 3 away don't appear to. is it random???

8 blocks in all directions from water is what seems "safe". I never tested beyond that.

BUG:

I use the wooden spear + javelin and somehow the spear will still stay in the hand, when switching to another tool of the quick-selection-bar.

This may be a vanilla game issue. This mod does not make changes to the code used to swap items.

- - - Updated - - -

I really enjoy this mod. I have tried others but none of them seem to catch me like this one.

It adds so much, but does not "over do it"

I agree. I'm still playing it and love every minute of it. Just wait till the A16 version!

Is it possible to load in external textures? to replace the super-extreme-awful-ugly bedrock texture on hardstone? looks like my mineshaft is on some kind of weird alien planet :p

maybe have a darker grey one and just call it granite or something :D

/Holo

Very easy. Just change the texture number on block id #1965 (hardstone) in the blocks.xml file to whatever existing texture you want. If you want to add a new texture to the game, that is also doable but tricky and is described in some modding posts in the modding section of this forum.

UPDATE: Client and server xml edits only - Save game safe

Reinforced Concrete blocks now downgrade to concrete blocks instead of breaking

Honey cures bioinfection1 on left click when held in hand. Do not use menu icons for this

Increased antibiotic drop rate and decreased antiviral drop rate proportionately

Superpills and stims no longer drop needles on use

Rebar frames now repair with planks instead of wood

Redwood trees now drop branches and logs rather than redwood

Crafting handlebars now gives engineering exp rather than gunsmithing exp

Change treasure hunting perk progression from 9,5,3,1 to 9,7,5,3

Added profession page drops to fatZcop and Brute loot tables at same drop rate as ferals (10% chance) and reduced drop rate of magazines and ammo to compensate

Anvils can now be scrapped and smelted

Slightly increased attack delay and slightly reduced entity damage on Stags to bring them more in line with Boars. They are still very dangerous.

Corrected spelling on Perfume Bottle icon

Archived