"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Alpha anymore."

nope. you supported the kickstarter campaign. while you get an alpha version for it, it´s something different than people who bought it later.

(also the 11$ is a steam sale. it´s around 25 usually i think?) so the price argument is still there.

How about when I paid $35 for Alpha 2.2? It was after Kickstarter and before Steam.

The price of something doesn't effect what that thing is, only how much the person selling it thinks it's worth. An alpha could sell for $1, it could sell for $60.

Concerning the cost of the game, I'm not sure what the point is?

Who here thinks they did not get their moneys worth? But no, the real question is: how many times over do you feel you got your moneys worth?

My rule of thumb is $5-$10 an hour for something I had fun with is a good value. So for me, the entertainment value is between $5000-$10000.

I'll go out on a limb and say I got my money's worth. :)

Concerning the cost of the game, I'm not sure what the point is?

Who here thinks they did not get their moneys worth? But no, the real question is: how many times over do you feel you got your moneys worth?

My rule of thumb is $5-$10 an hour for something I had fun with is a good value. So for me, the entertainment value is between $5000-$10000.

I'll go out on a limb and say I got my money's worth. :)

I calculated once that my entertainment-per-hour is now (well) below 1 cent.

1 cent.

I don't know if I have EVER got such bang for my entertainment buck.

true. not as far as you are in your hours, but it´s getting close beeing top3 in playtime for me. but, it´s a bit of luck involved, well at least for me. when i deceided to try early access games in alpa stage i bought a few of them before i got here. so actually early access as a whole thing wasn´t cheaper than a released game.

not the fault of TFP ofc, and still amazing how many time you can spend in game in alpha stage. but something i have to consider when i wanna know how much i paid per hour.

true. not as far as you are in your hours, but it´s getting close beeing top3 in playtime for me. but, it´s a bit of luck involved, well at least for me. when i deceided to try early access games in alpa stage i bought a few of them before i got here. so actually early access as a whole thing wasn´t cheaper than a released game.

not the fault of TFP ofc, and still amazing how many time you can spend in game in alpha stage. but something i have to consider when i wanna know how much i paid per hour.

Yeah, I've got my share of clunkers too, happily I so nearly almost bought No Man's Sky but deferred at the last moment, so I've also dodged some bullets, but I've got one at least that I fought hard for a refund for just on the general principle of the devs absolute BS grab-and-run on.

My calculation was based purely on 7Days alone, but even if I factored in every other EA game I've bought, and still only factored the time spent on 7Days, it was still worth it (and I've got 3 or 4 other EA titles with 200-500 hours in each).

• 5 weeks later...

Jerrie rigged

[...]

Until then, at best you'll see some jury-rigging to keep things playable. =)

Good? Bad?

It's reality. Invent your own if you don't like it. =P

Just nitpicking, but it's jerrie rigged. It was used to describe stuff repaired by the Germans in a makeshift way in WW2.

Just nitpicking, but it's jerrie rigged. It was used to describe stuff repaired by the Germans in a makeshift way in WW2.

Just nit picking but its jury rigged. Not only did it come first (1778-ish) but it is also far more common place

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_rigging

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/jury-rigged-vs-jerry-rigged/

Odd choice of a first post though :)

agreed

agreed,

Love the game. Love it. But please fix some of the bugs. Ive fallen through holes in the world and zombies running in circles or buddies respawning upside down with leg in air, or just invis until they get there packs, stuff disappearing, zombie pathing being just awful in most cases, etc etc.

If you can release a game thats in "alpha" across xbox and ps4.... how the ♥♥♥♥ are u not out of alpha? DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE.

DONT BECOME ARK.

DONT BECOME ARK

DONT BECOME ARK

Just "release" the game and stick by your work damnit.

agreed,

Love the game. Love it. But please fix some of the bugs. Ive fallen through holes in the world and zombies running in circles or buddies respawning upside down with leg in air, or just invis until they get there packs, stuff disappearing, zombie pathing being just awful in most cases, etc etc.

If you can release a game thats in "alpha" across xbox and ps4.... how the ♥♥♥♥ are u not out of alpha? DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE.

DONT BECOME ARK.

DONT BECOME ARK

DONT BECOME ARK

Just "release" the game and stick by your work damnit.

It doesn't matter how many platforms they release on. They're still in alpha because they're still in alpha.

Individuals have different objectives and strategies when it comes to buying games.

Companies have different objectives and strategies when it comes to making games.

It's important to have a match of the first and the second in order to be a happy gamer, as while we can decide which games to buy or not buy, it's significantly harder to change how companies work.

I prefer buying games that I can play and enjoy RIGHT NOW for the price it's being sold at, with an even stronger preference for games that I can play and enjoy now that will be actively developed into something I play and enjoy even more in the future.

Minecraft is such a game. 7DTD is also such a game.

It helps to be informed about how the company works, to weed out ones who'll EA a game and then drop it in favor of another EA game without finishing.

--------

-

It doesn't matter how many platforms they release on. They're still in alpha because they're still in alpha.

Yup.

In the most recent video Madmole said, "When we get to Beta....". So regardless of how anyone wishes to define Alpha or Beta the hard truth is the developers of this game are labeling the current phase "ALPHA" and the phase yet to come at some future point "BETA".

So Toto, we are very very much still in Alpha....

I disagree. This game (at least at its current state) is what early access games should be. This game is totally fine to be played.

Other games, even tho I think they are awesome and I can enjoy them, do not meet this criteria. For example, Empyrion galactic survival. Its awesome, but I think it is far from the polishment of 7d2d.

Not even mentioning the bad early access games

Archived