Craftworx

Latheos

CraftworxBanner600.jpg.9c65b54d2fd4e90ecf4d51200c89bff5.jpg

Craftworx is compatible with Alpha 16.4b8

Current version: Craftworx 2.95

There is now a wiki for Craftworx, located within the Github repository. It should help with understanding the differences between this mod and the vanilla game. You can access it directly by going here.

Craftworx features a modified Sirillion's SMX UI, modified LavenderJosh's Quality of Life and Firearms Improvement Mod, skullpoker's Deep Diving perk, Valmar's Working Ovens & Sinks, numberz's Expanded Minibike Storage, Katt's New Foods, three08's Third forge input slot, dretch's Junction Box, JaxTeller718's Junk Items - Golden Egg - Scrap Iron Shiv - Electrified Spiked Club. Credit for those parts of this mod goes to them. Additionally, Valmar, Sirillion and StompyNZ were extremely helpful in getting parts of this mod working properly. Thanks, guys!

There is a Discord channel for Craftworx here.

EAC MUST be disabled for this mod to run.

What this mod includes:

New Weapons and Tools:

• Scoped Hunting Rifle
  • Suppressed Scoped Hunting Rifle
  • Suppressed Pistol
  • Suppressed SMG
  • Suppressed AK47
  • Scoped AK47
  • Suppressed Scoped AK47
  • Suppressed Sniper Rifle
  • Repeating Crossbow (assembled from crossbowStock, crossbowDeck, crossbowLimb, crossbowScope)
  • Iron Bow
  • Poop Mortar (Assembled from poop mortar parts)
  • Poop Launcher
  • Kukri
  • Flamethrowers (assembled from flamethrower parts)
  • Scrap iron shiv, axe, pickaxe, and shovel to ease gap between stone and forged iron
  • Potato Guns
  • Burning Iron Club
  • Electrified Spiked Club

Signature Items:

• Lumun's Little Friend, an enhanced flamethrower
  • The Tatoress Express, an enhanced potato gun
  • Aviary's Lawbreaker, a custom crossbow with unusual ammunition
  • Red Specs, red-tinted glasses with a useful ability

New Parts:

• Scoped Hunting Rifle and AK-47 Parts
  • Rifle Scope (can be used as a monocular distance viewer)
  • Crossbow Scope
  • Suppressor
  • Suppressed Firearm Barrels

New Items:

• Craftable Beaker in the forge
  • Carbon Steel
  • Alternate Arrow and Crossbow Bolt recipes
  • Refined Coal (craftable at workbench; costs 25 coal to craft, but burns for 15 minutes)
  • Salted Meat, crafted from rotted flesh
  • Flaming crossbow bolts
  • Spring Cable (craftable at workbench from springs, used in recipes that formerly used scrap cable)
  • Magazines for all skills - read to increase skill level
  • Working elevator
  • Scrap arrows, for when stone is scarce in the early game - not as good as iron arrows
  • Lockpick

New Armor:

• Helmet lights for cloth hat, cowboy hat, black cowboy hat, football helmet, iron helmet, military helmet, leather hood, scrap helmet, swat helmet, plant fiber hat, hazmat mask
  • Craftable clothing with the perk Tinker, Tailor, etc.
  • Carbon steel armor

New Perks:

• Carpentry
  • Fletching
  • Advanced Tooling
  • Heavy Weapons
  • Silent But Deadly
  • Masamune, Jr.
  • Paul Bunyan
  • William Tell
  • Gun Bunny
  • Tinker, Tailor, etc.
  • Lockpicking

New Quest

• A Shifty Way to Die - kill five zombies with the poop launcher

Includes:

• Modified Sirillion's SMX UI
  • Modified LavenderJosh's Quality of Life and Firearms Improvement Mod
  • skullpoker's Deep Diving perk
  • Valmar's Working Ovens & Sinks
  • numberz's Expanded Minibike Storage
  • Katt's New Foods
  • three08's Forge Third Input Slot
  • dretch's Junction Box
  • JaxTeller718's Junk Items - Golden Egg - Scrap Iron Shiv - Electrified Spiked Club

DOWNLOAD

How to Install

--- BACK UP YOUR CONFIG FILES BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES WITH THIS MOD ---

In order to play nicely with the 7D2D Mod Launcher, the mod is set up with the correct folder structure to put files where they need to be to run the game properly. Installing this mod is a great deal easier as a result. Simply unpack the archive and copy the contents of Craftworx-master into your \Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\, and the files will go where they need to go.

I do strongly recommend using the 7D2D Mod Launcher, as it makes keeping your game updated a great deal easier.

Please be aware that if the game updates, that will overwrite this mod, and you will have to reinstall it.

--- Servers ---

Craftworx was designed for use in single-player games, so running this mod on a server may present some difficulties I haven't foreseen. If your players are missing the icons from this mod, have them download the icon pack; extract the archive and copy the \Mods folder to their 7 Days to Die folder.

In the case of the expanded backpack, download THIS file, and copy the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder to the root level of the dedicated server. For more information about the expanded backpack, check the thread here.

There are more directions on setting up a dedicated server in that post.

Craftworx Icon Pack

--- Links ---

7 Days to Die Modding Forums

Sirillion's SMX UI

LavenderJosh's Quality of Life and Firearms Improvement Mod

Magoli's CompoPack (Prefabs)

stallionsden's Expanded Backpack

Andy's Mods

7D2D Mod Launcher

Changelog (Complete changelog included in download)

<----- 23 Dec 2017 ----->

Craftworx 2.91

Includes modified Sirillion's SMX UI, modified LavenderJosh's Quality of Life and Firearms Improvement Mod, skullpoker's Deep Diving perk, Valmar's Working Ovens & Sinks, numberz's Expanded Minibike Storage, Katt's New Foods, three08's Third forge input slot, dretch's Junction Box, JaxTeller718's Junk Items - Golden Egg - Scrap Iron Shiv - Electrified Spiked Club

Added new loot entry for generic crates with some decent low-level loot

<----- 30 Dec 2017 ----->

Craftworx 2.92

Changed loot list entry for working oven to enable a better sound file

Changed behavior of the first aid kit to now remove bleeding effects, not just cure infection and provide first aid buff

Changed behavior of the icon for Handcrafting magazine and bagged meat (that bloody escaping icon issue again)

Added lockpick, lockpicking skill, and ability to pick locks on safes

Fixed incorrect storage size on generic crates (Thanks, Tatoress!)

<----- 01 Jan 2018 ----->

Craftworx 2.93

Added AviaryLaw signature weapon, Aviary's Lawbreaker, utilizing weaponized eggs for ammo

Changed the text descriptions for crafting skill magazines to make their use clearer

Changed the projectile for the potato guns from uzi to potato

Changed the name of the enhanced potato gun to The Tatoress Express

Changed the name of the advanced flamethrower to Lumun's Little Friend

<----- 05 Jan 2018 ----->

Craftworx 2.94

Reduced the craft time for poop bolts to 2

Increased the drop percentage for smallEngine from .25 to .29

Increased the default weight of junk items to 5

Added redSpecs, a signature item for RedSpecsGaming - a pair of nerd glasses with night vision features

Disabled mechanicalparts junk, as it's not working as planned

Decreased stack size on golden eggs from 500 to 250

Added required skill level 1 of tool smithing to lockpicking perk for better sorting

Rewrote the descriptions of skill magazines to increase clarity

Removed text in weapon smithing perk that refers to bows and crossbows

Renamed Poop Cannon to Poop Mortar, with a better description of how it fires

Changed loot list for coffins from 1 to 75, same as mortician's drawer

Reduced crafting time on napalm from 150 to 50

Reduced the sham sandwich amount for making moldy bread from 4 to 2

<----- 06 Jan 2018 ----->

Craftworx 2.95

Enabled mechanical parts again, making them scrap to scrap iron to fix any problems opening chests containing them that some players have encountered

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to Craftworx v1.3

New in this build is the scoped AK47 (with scoped suppressed variant as well), and a melee attack on shotgun-type weapons instead of an aiming ability. I may make some other projectile weapons with a melee secondary attack at a later date, depending on how much people like the changes to shotguns.

Updated to Craftworx v1.31

Fixed problem with out of array error on looting player-dropped backpacks (looting window size was off by 1 in windows.xml). There should no longer be a problem with picking up items dropped on death. Added scrap iron tools (axe, pickaxe, and shovel) to ease the gap between stone and forged iron.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to Craftworx v1.33

I've disabled the breacher rounds in this build, because they're not damaging safes as expected. I'm a bit puzzled by this, as they worked in A14. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with them. This is the round as it stands currently:

<item id="2048" name="breacherRound">
   <property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/SawedOffPumpShotgun/shotgunShellPrefab" />
   <property name="Material" value="lead" />
   <property name="HoldType" value="21" />
   <property name="Stacknumber" value="250" /> <!-- STK ammo -->
   <property class="Attributes">
       <property name="GetQualityFromWeapon" value="true" />
       <property name="EntityDamage" value="50,75" />
       <property name="BlockDamage" value="125,175" />
       <property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="20" />
       <property name="DamageBonus.metal" value="20" />
   </property>
   <property name="EconomicValue" value="70" />
   <property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />
   <property name="DescriptionKey" value="breacherRoundDesc"/>
   <property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="Gun Smithing"/>
</item>

I'm perplexed.

Try:

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/SawedOffPumpShotgun/shotgunShellPrefab" />
   </property>
   <property class="Action1">
   </property>
</item>

Thats how I have my projectile class ammo, not sure if it is the same for ranged class ammo

Try:

</property>
   <property class="Action1">
   </property>
</item>

Thats how I have my projectile class ammo, not sure if it is the same for ranged class ammo

It coughs up an error of missing class. I'll try assigning class=projectile, and see what it throws out next. ;)

*Edit*

No errors, but still no damage to safes. This is weird.

It coughs up an error of missing class. I'll try assigning class=projectile, and see what it throws out next. ;)

*Edit*

No errors, but still no damage to safes. This is weird.

im not at home for a couple days so cant test it for you, but im sure there's a way. Im changing most of my weapons to projectile based in my mod so that I can have long range shots, but with dropoff after a distance depending on weapon power. The ranged class is straight lines and no drop which I find annoying.

The only issue with that is you cant have a multi raycast shot, so shotguns are limited.

Edit: Just a thought, did you add the extra raycast number for the extra ammo types?

like this

<property name="Magazine_items" value="shotgunShell, shotgunSlug, breacherRound"/>

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="8, 1, 1"/>

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0.75, 0.25, 0.25"/>

Just checked the file history for items.xml and you had forgotten to add them :)

<property name="Magazine_items" value="shotgunShell, shotgunSlug, breacherRound" />

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_counts" value="8, 1" />

<property name="Magazine_item_ray_spreads" value="0.75, 0.25" />

With that added try your original breacherRound and it will probably work

• 2 weeks later...
I swore id asked ebfore but dont see my post or a reply. So ill ask again :-)

And idea hwo compatible with valmod this is? "sorry if answered already but i cant find it :-("

I wouldn't recommend running both Craftworx and Valmod, since there would be a lot of conflicts with item/block IDs. I suppose if you really wanted to try manually merging them, you could, but there's a lot of overlap as well. If enough people ask about it, I might take a look at making a combined mod (with Valmar's permission), but it's pretty low on the list of things I want to do.

-------

Updated for 15.1, and added in 27 skill magazines, complete with icons and localization text. Took me far longer than I'd wanted to get them all in there, but they work great. I'm only missing magazines for heavy and light armor, which at some point I'd like to rectify. Maybe next update or two...

I wouldn't recommend running both Craftworx and Valmod, since there would be a lot of conflicts with item/block IDs. I suppose if you really wanted to try manually merging them, you could, but there's a lot of overlap as well. If enough people ask about it, I might take a look at making a combined mod (with Valmar's permission), but it's pretty low on the list of things I want to do.

-------

Updated for 15.1, and added in 27 skill magazines, complete with icons and localization text. Took me far longer than I'd wanted to get them all in there, but they work great. I'm only missing magazines for heavy and light armor, which at some point I'd like to rectify. Maybe next update or two...

Entertainingly I've requested your mod be added to the pingperfect.com mod manager recently, they complied.

• 1 month later...

hey Latheos ! :) thanks for this great simple and easy to use mod that really does enhanced the gameplay ! =D especially with the extra bag slots ! only one problem for my friend and I want to play together in survival mp (not a dedi server) and he cannot join even if he has all the same files :/ it just makes many red errors ... was wondering how to fix this please :) thx

edit:

heres my version of the icon for the flamingclubIron :) it has no icon ingame :p

flamingclubIron.png.84c7dd37deb08a1ed77ca2c9fb53b38c.png

(rightclick save)

drop it in the craftworx icon area

add this codeline to the item id="2015" under the mesh codeline:

<property name="CustomIcon" value="flamingclubIron" />

enjoy :)

hey Latheos ! :) thanks for this great simple and easy to use mod that really does enhanced the gameplay ! =D especially with the extra bag slots ! only one problem for my friend and I want to play together in survival mp (not a dedi server) and he cannot join even if he has all the same files :/ it just makes many red errors ... was wondering how to fix this please :) thx

I have no idea. Can you elaborate on what the red errors are? That will help getting to the bottom of it.

edit:

heres my version of the icon for the flamingclubIron :) it has no icon ingame :p

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19052[/ATTACH]

(rightclick save)

drop it in the craftworx icon area

add this codeline to the item id="2015" under the mesh codeline:

<property name="CustomIcon" value="flamingclubIron" />

enjoy :)

Odd. I must've forgotten to copy all the new icons over. I did have an icon for the flaming club, but (as sems to be the usual) I like yours better. ;) I'll make the change shortly. Thanks! The mod is now updated for 15.2, by the way...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried running this mod through 7d2d mod launcher and the loading of blocks.xml was aborted due to missing material 'mcorn'. I also did a manual download of the mod files, same problem. Found the entry missing from materials.xml and replaced it. It works as long as the game is started manually from the game folder and not the mod launcher which rewrites the config files before starting even when all boxes are unticked.

The excerpt from output_log.txt:

2017-06-05T23:21:57 12.545 ERR Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' (Block with id=533 references a not existing material 'Mcorn')

2017-06-05T23:21:57 12.546 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2017-06-05T23:21:57 12.548 ERR at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2017-06-05T23:21:57 12.767 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'treePlantedGrass' in use_action!/ at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2017-06-05T23:21:57 12.768 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2017-06-05T23:21:57 12.768 ERR at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

About to give the mod a try now.

OK, the mod runs, just very very slow, it took 40 mins to load the hub cell data. Lots of lag, but I need to look at it again tomorrow. The issue with 'mcorn' is the megacity pack included with craftworx. It is loaded second and therefore overwrites the craftworx materials.xml. Just add the 'mcorn' entry to the megacity materials.xml master file and all is well.

I have realized my mistake of loading the mega-city version of craftworx, and have now opted for the 'vanilla' version instead. Now thats more like it. First night and all is well. Lots of desert and water but a good number of small poi's in the middle of nowhere. No roads yet but tomorrow is another day.

• 2 months later...

After a couple of months hiatus away from my PC, I'm back and looking to update Craftworx to the current build (A16.2). It will probably take me a few days to get back up to speed, but I figure I'll have something ready to go by the weekend.

Craftworx has been updated to 2.0, compatible with A15.3b12. Note on the magazines - if you are not the correct level to learn a perk skill, you won't be able to read the magazine. For example, a level 2 character with 1 point in craftSkillArmor won't be able to read the armor magazine until level 5. I hadn't planned for that behavior, but I kinda like it, so for the time being I'll keep them as-is. If they become a point of unbalancing, I may remove the magazines that offer a skill point for a crafting skill.

Anyone tried that on a dedicated server, as this was mentioned in the startingpost as "not tested"?

This mod sounds nice and since it is already ready for 16.3 i might give it a try, but on a server.

I know nothing about how to set it up on a server. Please let me know what works and what doesn't.

Archived