War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

This is a reply to Ruso post 216:

"I tried expanding the backpack, but I couldn't... https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion"

for some reason the reply did not work

Just wanted to say I had no problem using the backpack mod you mentioned in my own singleplayer game here how:

(this is a single player 90 slot backpack install)

1- get a fresh install of 7 day to die version 15.1

2- Install war of the walkers mod (overhaul)

3- get A15.1 SP Backpack.zip from the thread you linked

4- extract A15.1 SP Backpack.zip somewhere

5- go into A15.1 SP Backpack folder you extracted and copy Assembly-CSharp90..dll into

"Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDies_Data/Managed"

6- rename Assembly-CSharp.dll to Assembly-CSharp_original.dll (that a backup) and rename Assembly-CSharp90..dll to Assembly-CSharp.dll

( make sure to rename it correctly, for some reason the A15.1 SP Backpack.zip files have 2 ".." in the name you need to have only 1 ".")

7- In "Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Config/XUi" open windows.xml in a text editor like WordPad or NotePad++

In windows.xml change

<window name="windowBackpack" width="603" height="349" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" > To

<window name="windowBackpack" width="1128" height="496" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" >

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="303" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true"> To

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="453" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="4" cols="8" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" > To

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="6" cols="15" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

Now you save the modification

8- in "Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Config" open xui.xml and change

<ruleset name="default" scale="1.255" stackpanel_scale="1.05"> To

<ruleset name="default" scale="1" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

Save your modification

8- You can now play the game, but you have to turn off "Use EasyAntiCheat (EAC)" in the game launcher because this mod use modded .dll

If you want to play multiplayer things might be different, but I can't help you there.

I forgot to mentioned that you have to do additionnal changes if your using the option "drop your backpack" on death or you will lose items but I always use the option "toolbelt only" so I never had to use it, if you want to learn how read the thread you linked.

Edited by Destro (see edit history)

This is a reply to Ruso post 216:

"I tried expanding the backpack, but I couldn't... https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion"

for some reason the reply did not work

Just wanted to say I had no problem using the backpack mod you mentioned in my own singleplayer game here how:

(this is a single player 90 slot backpack install)

1- get a fresh install of 7 day to die version 15.1

2- Install war of the walkers mod (overhaul)

3- get A15.1 SP Backpack.zip from the thread you linked

4- extract A15.1 SP Backpack.zip somewhere

5- go into A15.1 SP Backpack folder you extracted and copy Assembly-CSharp90..dll into

"Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDies_Data/Managed"

6- rename Assembly-CSharp.dll to Assembly-CSharp_original.dll (that a backup) and rename Assembly-CSharp90..dll to Assembly-CSharp.dll

( make sure to rename it correctly, for some reason the A15.1 SP Backpack.zip files have 2 ".." in the name you need to have only 1 ".")

7- In "Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Config/XUi" open windows.xml in a text editor like WordPad or NotePad++

In windows.xml change

<window name="windowBackpack" width="603" height="349" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" > To

<window name="windowBackpack" width="1128" height="496" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" >

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="303" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true"> To

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="453" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="4" cols="8" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" > To

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="6" cols="15" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

Now you save the modification

8- in "Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Config" open xui.xml and change

<ruleset name="default" scale="1.255" stackpanel_scale="1.05"> To

<ruleset name="default" scale="1" stackpanel_scale="1.05">

Save your modification

8- You can now play the game, but you have to turn off "Use EasyAntiCheat (EAC)" in the game launcher because this mod use modded .dll

If you want to play multiplayer things might be different, but I can't help you there.

I forgot to mentioned that you have to do additionnal changes if your using the option "drop your backpack" on death or you will lose items but I always use the option "toolbelt only" so I never had to use it, if you want to learn how read the thread you linked.

WOW!!! Thank you survivor for this detailed explanation.

I did it.. it worked... http://prntscr.com/dlwm8p

It looks kind of offset but it is OK i guess... Also, when I was changing "<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="4" cols="8" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" > To

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="6" cols="15" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >" I noticed I had cell width and height "67" instead of "75. so I changed it to 75 as well.

War of the Walkers is now added to the default of the 7D2D Mod Launcher.

dwallorde: since it's hosted on envul.com, the download link we will change every time you update. Send me a PM when you do an update, and I'll update the Mod Launcher.

Okay sweet. Thanks for that.

Hi,I and some friends have rented a server and we are interested in installing your mod. But I have several doubts. Should I install the mod on the server and on the client to work? Simply overwriting the files and restarting the server? We've been on the server for several weeks and we do not want to do a wipe. Is it necessary to do so?

Thanks for your attention. You're doing a great job!!!

So glad your mod has been added to the launcher, looking forward to playing it later.

I saw your prefab poi's on your youtube channel, how many are in the mod right now ?

The prison looks cool, and cant wait to visit the library when its ready.

None are in yet. They are coming in V4.3

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,I and some friends have rented a server and we are interested in installing your mod. But I have several doubts. Should I install the mod on the server and on the client to work? Simply overwriting the files and restarting the server? We've been on the server for several weeks and we do not want to do a wipe. Is it necessary to do so?

Thanks for your attention. You're doing a great job!!!

Both client side and server side. Client side is only required for the locolization and custom icons or you will have enough items with no images. And just copying over the files should be fine.

Hey guys, Would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and to thank you all for supporting me and my mod this year. It means a lot, and I plan on continuing development into the new year.

Cheers,

Dwallorde

Merry Christmas to you.

I have enjoyed your work quite a bit.

Hmmm cant get this mod to launch from the 7D2D Mod Launcher. Doest boot game at all.

got it working, that launcher and steam is a pita. after installing another mod using the launcher, you have to delete the steam local content then manually delete the folder too to get rid of stuff left behind of other mods, then do fresh install and then you can use the launcher to install another mod.

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

Hmmm cant get this mod to launch from the 7D2D Mod Launcher. Doest boot game at all.

got it working, that launcher and steam is a pita. after installing another mod using the launcher, you have to delete the steam local content then manually delete the folder too to get rid of stuff left behind of other mods, then do fresh install and then you can use the launcher to install another mod.

Change it to advanced mode and it will create seperate install folders for each mod which would help with that issue

Good to hear you got it working.

This looks like an awesome mod. I've played 213 hours now, mostly in vanilla SP and it's getting a bit boring now, although co-op will always be amazing.

I've tried Valmod but this looks even better! Going to download it and start a new random gen world. Keep up the fantastic work!

So, my friend and I just started playing this, and it seems pretty expansive, Which is nice....My only concern is that it's day one, and I've been attacked by a number of bandits now... The first one I ran into was a sniper, who was a terrible shot.. Fired at me twice and I snapped around with my bow, nailed him in the head, and he fell over dead....dropping his sniper rifle, and 470 rounds of ammunition on the ground next to his corpse.

Since then, I've run into six other bandits, who with the aid of my rifle, have been easily dispatched from a safe distance, and I'm now walking around with three sawed off shotguns, a pistol, a sniper rifle, and an absurd amount of ammo for each. is this intended(Or a known bug?), or did we somehow install the mod wrong?

Side note, Getting painful lag out whenever opening or interacting with my inventory or using the search function in it.

So, my friend and I just started playing this, and it seems pretty expansive, Which is nice....My only concern is that it's day one, and I've been attacked by a number of bandits now... The first one I ran into was a sniper, who was a terrible shot.. Fired at me twice and I snapped around with my bow, nailed him in the head, and he fell over dead....dropping his sniper rifle, and 470 rounds of ammunition on the ground next to his corpse.

Since then, I've run into six other bandits, who with the aid of my rifle, have been easily dispatched from a safe distance, and I'm now walking around with three sawed off shotguns, a pistol, a sniper rifle, and an absurd amount of ammo for each. is this intended(Or a known bug?), or did we somehow install the mod wrong?

Side note, Getting painful lag out whenever opening or interacting with my inventory or using the search function in it.

Bandits only spawn in hub city and wasteland biomes as well as maybe burnt forest. Still probably need balancing. Lag is annoying but the best way to deal with it is to use favorites on your recipes. It will decrease the lag by a lot. Searching recipes is always a bitch so favorite your common recipes

- - - Updated - - -

This looks like an awesome mod. I've played 213 hours now, mostly in vanilla SP and it's getting a bit boring now, although co-op will always be amazing.

I've tried Valmod but this looks even better! Going to download it and start a new random gen world. Keep up the fantastic work!

That's why I mod :) make the already great game better!

Been playing this mod for a little while now, and it truly is a lot of fun. I'll have to give the favorites thing a shot to try and reduce the lag, thanks for the tip! NoaAldritt touched on the issue I'm also having, in that bandits drop way too much ammo and if you are able to kill one early on it kind of breaks the scale of difficulty in the game. Is this a bug? Or is there a parameter that determines how much ammo is dropped?

I can't seem to find anything in the code that sets this variable. It seems like just giving the bandits starting weapons and ammo may just give them a full stack of ammo, and they drop whatever ammo they have left on the ground after death. If this is the case, does anyone know a way to modify this so that they have less ammo? All I can think of atm is to limit the stack sizes of ammo (if that is indeed the way it works), but wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas first.

Been playing this mod for a little while now, and it truly is a lot of fun. I'll have to give the favorites thing a shot to try and reduce the lag, thanks for the tip! NoaAldritt touched on the issue I'm also having, in that bandits drop way too much ammo and if you are able to kill one early on it kind of breaks the scale of difficulty in the game. Is this a bug? Or is there a parameter that determines how much ammo is dropped?

I can't seem to find anything in the code that sets this variable. It seems like just giving the bandits starting weapons and ammo may just give them a full stack of ammo, and they drop whatever ammo they have left on the ground after death. If this is the case, does anyone know a way to modify this so that they have less ammo? All I can think of atm is to limit the stack sizes of ammo (if that is indeed the way it works), but wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas first.

The vanilla behaviour is for them to drop what they are holding on the ground. I changed them to have nodrop weapons and ammo, then turn them into corpse blocks when they die that is a loot container with better loot settings