War of the Walkers Mod

dwallorde

22 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Check that you didn't unzip and it created a new subfolder

The mod structure should be:

Sometimes when you unzip, it creates a new folder and you get

In the later case, it won't load up correctly as it is looking for modinfo in the first BFT2020Mod folder when it is actually in the second BFT2020Mod folder.

Note:  I used a generic mod name as I don't know the exact mod name for this one ( didn't want to confuse anyone with the wrong name)

I looked into all of that and it is put in correctly, it’s just not able to find the modinfo.xml file. I guess I’m just going to have to go vanilla since I am unable to get it to work. 

58 minutes ago, Buddha18 said:

I looked into all of that and it is put in correctly, it’s just not able to find the modinfo.xml file. I guess I’m just going to have to go vanilla since I am unable to get it to work. 

Where are you downloading it from?

20 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

Where are you downloading it from?

From the beginning of this thread where he posted at the top. It is where I have always downloaded it from. 

55 minutes ago, Buddha18 said:

From the beginning of this thread where he posted at the top. It is where I have always downloaded it from. 

Make sure you have these mods installed into your Mods file, not the parent folder.  Each of these subfolders has the modinfo file in them.

Easiest thing to do is to unzip to your desktop, go into that folder until you see the folders below, then copy and paste all of these mod folders into your mods folder for 7 days to die

image.thumb.png.2ef652352e0912d7f5417ef63395a74e.png

23 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Make sure you have these mods installed into your Mods file, not the parent folder.  Each of these subfolders has the modinfo file in them.

Easiest thing to do is to unzip to your desktop, go into that folder until you see the folders below, then copy and paste all of these mod folders into your mods folder for 7 days to die

image.thumb.png.2ef652352e0912d7f5417ef63395a74e.png

I did that and still get the same error. 

thumbnail_image0.jpg

7 hours ago, Buddha18 said:

I did that and still get the same error. 

Nope you didn't.  You are copying the main folder.  You need to grab all the individual mod folders in the image I posted and load those into your mod folder for the game.  So when you look into your game's Mods folder, you should see folders like 0-Score, etc.  If you are seeing war-of-the-walkers folders in your mods folder, it cannot find the modinfo files.

image.thumb.png.491a61142fedf874cfe8235359dfba03.png

image.png.7d3c1a44b18545e322f941feff430a97.png

image.png.ea017fd1c1d9000e1419b2b7d860ce7d.png

17 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Nope you didn't.  You are copying the main folder.  You need to grab all the individual mod folders in the image I posted and load those into your mod folder for the game.  So when you look into your game's Mods folder, you should see folders like 0-Score, etc.  If you are seeing war-of-the-walkers folders in your mods folder, it cannot find the modinfo files.

image.thumb.png.491a61142fedf874cfe8235359dfba03.png

image.png.7d3c1a44b18545e322f941feff430a97.png

image.png.ea017fd1c1d9000e1419b2b7d860ce7d.png

Thanks for this, I did it once before and it didn't work but for some reason this time it did. I must have missed a folder or had something extra in with it. I have never done it this way and it has always worked did they change the way that the files have to go in? I always just copied the folder inside the zip folder and it would run without a hitch. Thanks again for helping me out with this.