Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

1 hour ago, elite72 said:

Subquake, there is a suggestion: make lockable slots in the inventory of vehicles. Is it possible to do this?

Currently it's not possible, vehicle slots behave very differently to the players, and container slots work even more different than that lol

... and don't get me started on Drone Slots 😄

Hi Subquake

I've question about recommended game settings. I've been playing with 120 min day cycle and 75% loot, I had really great playing this mod but 120 min being, well double the standard day cycle, I wondered, if there are any settings that you would advise or disadvise for "optimal" mod experience, besides the basic vanilla? ones of course.

8 hours ago, Janek Deniro said:

Hi Subquake

I've question about recommended game settings. I've been playing with 120 min day cycle and 75% loot, I had really great playing this mod but 120 min being, well double the standard day cycle, I wondered, if there are any settings that you would advise or disadvise for "optimal" mod experience, besides the basic vanilla? ones of course.

Whatever setting makes you enjoy the game is a good enough setting. I myself play with 90 min days, zombies on Survivalist, run on day, sprint on night, Feral sense always on, everything else is more or less on default, but I know that kind of settings aren't gonna be for everyone and that's totally fine. If it feels too easy, tweak the settings to be harder, if it's too hard, dial them down a bit.

i have a question regarding fuel efficiency.

i just bought the DH-800 helicopter which should consume 10 liters of fuel per 1 kilometer (it says 0,1 KM/L in the description). i am using a fuel saver mod with +20,2% efficiency.

i flew 2.2 kilometers to a trader, starting with 420 gas in the tank and now it is at 386.5. 

Ask yourself, how do you calculate fuel efficience  on an helicopter compare to a land vehicle ?

Did you fly optimal, at the best possible angle to get the max. range with your fuel ?

Compared to a land vehicle your engine is allways running even when you don't move forward.

So basicly the fuel efficuent for helicopter is wrong, it should be used fuel each minute.

When you want the most distance with your fuel, use a gyrocopter, helicopter got other an other advance.

Hi Subquake,

Excellent mod! I am glad to see you are maintaining it.

I noticed you modified the version number that is ever-present in the top right corner of the screen.

Is there a way to make this text invisible?

Thanks in advance!

50 minutes ago, Loftus said:

Hi Subquake,

Excellent mod! I am glad to see you are maintaining it.

I noticed you modified the version number that is ever-present in the top right corner of the screen.

Is there a way to make this text invisible?

Thanks in advance!

No, it's hard coded and I need it for troubleshooting, it's very important to have that when people send screenshots with problems

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

No, it's hard coded and I need it for troubleshooting, it's very important to have that when people send screenshots with problems

Thanks, but I am actually not currently using your mod. I have many times in the past, this time I am on DF.

Hard-coded = not possible to change?

27 minutes ago, Grolbu said:

Just starting my first playthough, the menu and the new options look pretty flash !  Should I generate a new map or go with Navezgane ?

Cheers

As you please. It works both. But i suggest do a random map, as exploration is way more fun than knowing where to find the stores ;)

And... you can be lucky and find an big Crack a Book.

2 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Just starting my first playthough, the menu and the new options look pretty flash !  Should I generate a new map or go with Navezgane ?

Cheers

You really do not want to use navesgane for UL as you will not get the UL traders. Same goes for the Pregens. Use a random world.

Versions ago ive build everytime very durable spikes in my trench. They never did a lot of damage, but were good to slow down the Z´s. I think theyre gone or i dont know how to build them. The Traps now are getting to fast destroyed, why i dont like to build them. Actually iam not a great defense builder, i work with a lot of ammo and max upgraded walls.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:03 AM, TheBleuFez said:

Greetings... love the look of this mod! Does anyone know if the Undead Legacy-A20 mod files have been prepped for MacOS yet?

I got it running on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and it probably works for higher versions of macOS as well (?).

[7 Days to Die Alpha 20.5 (b2) and Undead Legacy 2.5.82]

Just started the game, generated a new world (which took quiet long and close to the end I thought the game may had crashed, but it didn't - so be VERY patient!) and looked at my surroundings for like 15 seconds.

So, following these steps gets you at least to that point. Anything after that ... you have to find out yourself 😅

Installing Undead Legacy
1. Download Undead Legacy and open the UndeadLegacy folder afterwards.
2. Open your 7 Days to Die folder (user/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days to Die).
    2.1 Make a backup of your current Mods folder!
3. Move the following files and folders from the UndeadLegacy folder to your 7 Days to Die folder:
    BepInEx
    doorstep_config.ini
    doorstep_libs
    Mods
    run_bepinex.sh
4. Right-click on the 7DaysToDie application, press and hold the Command key and choose "Show Package Contents".
5. Copy following files and folders from the 7 Days to Die folder to the 7DaysToDie application:
    Mods
    serverconfig.xml
6. Open the Terminal application.
7. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die
8. Copy & paste this and hit enter: chmod u+x run_bepinex.sh
9. You have successfuly installed Undead Legacy.

Starting Undead Legacy
1. Open the Terminal application.
2. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die
3. Copy & paste this and hit enter: ./run_bepinex.sh
    3.1 It may take a few moments till the game starts.

3.2 Don't close the Terminal window as long as the game runs.

3.3 macOS might deny to run the command due to security reasons. (Thanks to Spladow for mentioning this!)

3.3.1 Go to "System Preferences > Security and Privacy" and click on the "General" tab.

3.3.2 Near the bottom, you should see an option where it lets you override the security concern for bepines.sh.

3.3.3 Return to Terminal and run bepinex.sh. This time it should launch successfully.
4. Have fun.

Step3MoveFiles.png

Step5CopyFiles.png

InGame.png

Edited by Anarath (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, CaptainKlums said:

Hey Subquake, not asking for a release date but i was wondering if you could enlighten us a little though, will it take rather week or are we talking about months?

I'd be happy if I could get it ready sometime this month, but don't get your hopes up, there's quite a bit of labor intensive work with this one, plus some bugs took longer than expected to fix =/

Hey, is there any way to use the resource stacking from Art of Mining Vol. 5? or is that essentially disabled? I haven't seen the ability to make stacks of anything in my screwing around in creative mode and idk if that's on purpose to stop the quick XP or if it's just something you'd want to work on.

5 hours ago, RWBYRose500 said:

Hey, is there any way to use the resource stacking from Art of Mining Vol. 5? or is that essentially disabled? I haven't seen the ability to make stacks of anything in my screwing around in creative mode and idk if that's on purpose to stop the quick XP or if it's just something you'd want to work on.

Bundles are removed in UL and those books currently don't do anything and are placeholders for something else 

On 7/10/2022 at 6:45 PM, Loftus said:

Thanks, but I am actually not currently using your mod. I have many times in the past, this time I am on DF.

Hard-coded = not possible to change?

Hardcoded means that you cant change it yourself by edit the mod files. Ofc subquake can remove it, but to my understanding he needs it. 
Hope my comment helps