Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

4 hours ago, Worrun said:

I've not tried this mod *yet* but have tried other overhauls mods for a good few hundred hours, but some up to date pictures on OP or first page of the mod would help a lot

Over time, SubQuake has updated screenshots and descriptions on his official website for UL, though I have seen the newer images only appear at a slow rate. He puts far more time into working on this overhaul rather than marketing it, but he has been trying to keep the roadmap and feature list as current as time allows.

The website is linked from the OP, but if you were unable to find that link: https://ul.subquake.com/

Hello, playing latest experimental and either I can't seem to understand/figure out how the oil extractor works, or whether it is bugged or not. I looked at some old videos of the extractor running and I seen  that after some time of running the extractor turns into a container with oil shale in it, however I've had my pump going for about 3-4 in game days now and I have not seen any change... 

Running it inside a town, in a standard forest biome if that makes any difference, and all I did was slap it down on the ground and watch it start pumping away so not sure if I have to do anything else in addition or not.

3 hours ago, KinaUndead said:

Hello, playing latest experimental and either I can't seem to understand/figure out how the oil extractor works, or whether it is bugged or not. I looked at some old videos of the extractor running and I seen  that after some time of running the extractor turns into a container with oil shale in it, however I've had my pump going for about 3-4 in game days now and I have not seen any change... 

Running it inside a town, in a standard forest biome if that makes any difference, and all I did was slap it down on the ground and watch it start pumping away so not sure if I have to do anything else in addition or not.

It should take it for one real time hour to finish harvesting, you will know when it's done by having it no animation (it will stop), then it's lootable as a container. Its working principle is like growing crops and also currently there is no restrictions in placing it down, so it doesn't matter where it's placed, be it underground, up on a rooftop or on ground level, it should work.

Hi Subquake, UndeadLegacy is awesome as hell and back.

Altough the skill system from the current basegame is abysmal.

I would like to show you my toughts on this, trough the following link:

My previous work on the topic

i would gladly help with working out an appealing skill-system.

We see many similarities, and have mutual toughts on how this game should be looking. Wish you the best, and keep up the amazing work!

My other topics:

Previous Contents

Undead Legacy 2.5.63 out on experimental:
- Changed default UI scale from 1.10 to 1.05
- Fixed Blue Tarp Pallets being too weak against shovels
- Fixed not being able to scrap File Cabinets, Hoist Chain, Hoist Spreader, Hoist Hook, Hoist Magnet, Hoist Mount

Stable branch will get an update possibly tomorrow if no more major issues are found.

Hey, just had another question! So I've been playing a little while now in my current game and well I'm starting to finally get into crafting out more mid/ mid-late game tools and well... I've come to the realization that I still haven't figured out how to craft anything better than H rank quality. So I was wondering.. how do you raise your crafting quality, or is that even possible? I've looked through the skills and stuff and hadn't seen a way to do it.

12 minutes ago, KinaUndead said:

Hey, just had another question! So I've been playing a little while now in my current game and well I'm starting to finally get into crafting out more mid/ mid-late game tools and well... I've come to the realization that I still haven't figured out how to craft anything better than H rank quality. So I was wondering.. how do you raise your crafting quality, or is that even possible? I've looked through the skills and stuff and hadn't seen a way to do it.

Maintenance Station

Hello Subquake!  I've been playing Undead Legacy for 2 months now. I really like the mod, but sometimes there are a lot of questions. So I decided to ask directly.
1) Can helicopters (DX-800) be obtained in other ways? Or just buying from the seller? Those. can you find a repairable helicopter in the world?
2) I'm playing on a friend's server with version 2.5.47. Recently in the main menu I saw that a new version is available. I liked that 4 types of cars were added. How do structures spawn in the game? Those. new cars will appear in uncharted territories when players approach? Or will they appear only with the new generation of the world?
Thank you in advance!

3 minutes ago, Testinghall said:

Hello Subquake!  I've been playing Undead Legacy for 2 months now. I really like the mod, but sometimes there are a lot of questions. So I decided to ask directly.
1) Can helicopters (DX-800) be obtained in other ways? Or just buying from the seller? Those. can you find a repairable helicopter in the world?
2) I'm playing on a friend's server with version 2.5.47. Recently in the main menu I saw that a new version is available. I liked that 4 types of cars were added. How do structures spawn in the game? Those. new cars will appear in uncharted territories when players approach? Or will they appear only with the new generation of the world?
Thank you in advance!

1) https://ul.subquake.com/roadmap repairable helicopters found in the world are planned, but not implemented, so now only way is trading

2) Make a backup of your world before you update, only unexplored chunks would show changes.

6 hours ago, KinaUndead said:

As Subquake says, you need an Maintance Station. As the qualtity rises, you will need higher tier Stations. And make sure you repaired the item otherwise it wont work. Be warned, as raising the rank will also rise the repair cost (materials and amount).

I'm not for sure how accurate this is or not, though according to a friend they aren't getting very many, if ANY seeds back from harvesting crops which they've been doing for a few days now. On the seeds they say 50% chance to return a seed when harvesting so I figured it would be happening more often then they are claiming it is happening, they claim that in the whole time they've maybe received like a single blueberry seed, and they have living off the land maxed out. Thought this would be worth mentioning in case it is an issue! (Playing experimental)

16 minutes ago, KinaUndead said:

I'm not for sure how accurate this is or not, though according to a friend they aren't getting very many, if ANY seeds back from harvesting crops which they've been doing for a few days now. On the seeds they say 50% chance to return a seed when harvesting so I figured it would be happening more often then they are claiming it is happening, they claim that in the whole time they've maybe received like a single blueberry seed, and they have living off the land maxed out. Thought this would be worth mentioning in case it is an issue! (Playing experimental)

The description then is not accurate (vanilla), In Undead Legacy farming is like in A19, where after farming the crop, the seed remains planted compared to A20 vanilla, where when you harvest something, that's it, the plot doesn't auto replant itself - that's why you don't get to get an extra seed, because once a crop is planted, it will grow there indefinitely, unless destroyed. There is 0% chance to get an extra seed when harvesting crops in UL. I'll update the description of crops to reflect this change. So to get more seeds, you craft them or find them.

Hi everybody. 

Currently I have version 2022.03.26-2.5.61 stable and I would like to try 2022.3.31-2.5.63 experimental.

Do I have to download the whole mod or the latest Patch is enough?

Or do I have to download all the patches between my installation and current exparimental?

Thx

2 minutes ago, Jandersk said:

Hi everybody. 

Currently I have version 2022.03.26-2.5.61 stable and I would like to try 2022.3.31-2.5.63 experimental.

Do I have to download the whole mod or the latest Patch is enough?

Or do I have to download all the patches between my installation and current exparimental?

Thx

Download the whole thing to avoid potential problems.

On 3/27/2022 at 8:03 PM, Subquake said:

@kptb Most likely it's because you are using the old Mod Launcher, on top of that even the new one has been having problems recently. Either way, you have two options:  install the mod manually from the website: https://ul.subquake.com/download or download the new mod launcher and try from there: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

Good luck!

You can also use Nexus mods mod launcher, download the mod manually and then drag and drop the zip into Vortex.  That's what I use.

Edited by FatsackTony (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, FatsackTony said:

You can also use Nexus mods mod launcher, download the mod manually and then upload it into the nexus mod manager called Vortex.  That's what I use.

Sounds like a lot more work than installing the mod manually, which literally is:

1) Make a copy of the game folder;

2) Download UL;

3) Drop UL files in the game folder copy;

4) Done.

I'll try to get a decent manual installation tutorial video up soon-ish, can't exactly say when though, pretty busy as is.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Sounds like a lot more work than installing the mod manually, which literally is:

1) Make a copy of the game folder;

2) Download UL;

3) Drop UL files in the game folder copy;

4) Done.

I'll try to get a decent manual installation tutorial video up soon-ish, can't exactly say when though, pretty busy as is.

It's really easy, you just start up vortex, switch to 7 days to die as the game its managing, and than drag the zip file into the mods window, then click a button to activate it. Then you can just click a button to deactivate it to play vanilla without having to manually go into the game folder and delete all the files.  And you only need 1 install of 7dtd and you can have multiple mod load orders setup and switch between them with a click of a button, whereas the other mod loader creates an entire new installation of 7days to die and all the game files which eats up more hard drive space.