Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

10 minutes ago, unlike them said:

I'm trying to ignore traders (self imposed rule), can you tell us, what items are obtainable from traders only?

You cannot get certain trader only things like vehicles - helicopters, dump truck, as well as solar panels, solar cells just to name a few and I have plans to later have even deeper dependency on traders in the future for the mod

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, unlike them said:

I'm trying to ignore traders (self imposed rule), can you tell us, what items are obtainable from traders only?

The difficult of this overhaul is much higher/complex then vanilla.

At your first playthrough you should ignore such self imposed rule and just learn about this new mod.

Later you can play permadeath and ignore traders if you like ! 🙂

3 minutes ago, unlike them said:

True, this mod is harder than vanilla (takes much more time to progress), but it is not my first playthrough. But with so frequent updates, it does feel new.

Speaking of updates, there might be one more stable update before I get on with the next experimental phase.

5 minutes ago, AKMARK5000 said:

Is there any way to make it an option to increase decrease the weight capacity?  As it is now, the weight is a bit limited and kind of breaks the fun.

No, that's the whole point of inventory management. Use vehicles to carry more.

Well, the real problem is vehicle weight capacity. It is the main reason why I don't use a bicycle/minibike  - it cannot carry me with all my loot. I can repair a car, but have collected only 2 fuel canisters yet, so no point until I find gasoline schematics. BTW if I build an oil pump, does it produce fuel or oil shale?

6 hours ago, unlike them said:

Well, the real problem is vehicle weight capacity. It is the main reason why I don't use a bicycle/minibike  - it cannot carry me with all my loot. I can repair a car, but have collected only 2 fuel canisters yet, so no point until I find gasoline schematics. BTW if I build an oil pump, does it produce fuel or oil shale?

Oil Shale

2021.05.01 - 2.3.33 Stable ready!
- Increased Rex Blade research cost
- Fixed Rex Blade recipe not scaling ingredient cost with higher quality levels
- Fixed wrong category assigned to Scrap Pickaxe Schematic, Scrap Shovel Schematic
- Fixed wrong category assigned to Valkyrie Drill Schematic, Jackhammer Schematic
- Fixed typos in Russian localization where new lines should start 
- Fixed inaccurate weight assigned to Lead Ore
- Fixed consuming Honey (Pl. Bottle) giving Empty Glass Jars

Ok so what am I doing wrong, I uploaded the server files to my server as posted by Subquake to quote you " yep, you need 7DaysToDieServerData and Mods folders installed to server, make sure all files were copied successfully (especially the files in 7DaysToDieServerData  folder, sometimes hosts don't allow overwriting .dll files), and EAC must be off on the server."

I did this with latest files and have updated my mod launcher and I cannot see the server after it has generated the game.

If I try to connect by IP I get this error

Connection to server failed, could not retrieve server information.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am using Bluefang server and used the FTP to upload and have confirmed everything transferred as it is in the download.

*********NM Think I got it, It took about 15 minutes to generate, I thought it would be quicker

Edited by CovertOrreo (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Caravaggio said:

I was wondering if  you created a Vehicle with an B class engine instead of an D class if the Car would be Faster or a bit better ? 

When it comes to vehicles, engine or battery quality has absolutely no difference. The quality is only useful when using Engines or Batteries in Generator or Battery banks for electricity

I finally tried the 7DTD Mod Launcher setup for handling UL-Mod on my PC client computers.  When you update your UL-Mod does the 7DTD-Mod-Launcher automatically update your UL mod simultaneously or would client PCs have to wait for a time delay greater than 2 hours? 

Depend what you setup at the modlauncher.

Normaly the "Refresh mod automatical" is disabled, then you need use "Pre Sync mod" manualy.

Basicly i don't recommend auto. updates anyway.  And when you just want to play you allways should wait with updates, just to be sure nothing would ruin your safe/world.

But when you are just testing stuff at the experimental branch it is Ok.

7 hours ago, Canute said:

Depend what you setup at the modlauncher.

Normaly the "Refresh mod automatical" is disabled, then you need use "Pre Sync mod" manualy.

Basicly i don't recommend auto. updates anyway.  And when you just want to play you allways should wait with updates, just to be sure nothing would ruin your safe/world.

But when you are just testing stuff at the experimental branch it is Ok.

thanks, good advice.... I forgot that saves could get messed up

Hello!

First of all, Undead Legacy is a very nice mod. Just played it first time, and i like its every aspect so much. Its like a good vanilla+ experience.

However i have an idea:

Can you implement some item degradation mechanic to your mod? For example if you repair an item, its have to lose some statistics or even give it a small chance to degrade one quality tier when you repair your items. In this case you need to rebuild / switch out your items periodically to have top tier from everything constantly, and it makes finding good items in loot much more exciting.

This idea is based on my experience that the game misses mechanics that forces you to continue scavenging for materials even after you get everything you can possibly get in the game. You basically stockpile up resources and you just sits on it after you maxed out everything. At least it gives you encourage to continue finding good stuff.

Anyway best regards, and keep up the good work :)

@kexes I'm actually working on expanding item quality levels to 90 levels, split into 9 tiers, each having 10 levels allocated going from H to S quality, however quality degradation will not be a thing of Undead Legacy, I already discussed this with my patrons a few days ago actually.

What is planned however is to have gun type specific repair kits, so that, for example, to repair any SMG, you would need an SMG repair kit, that's made by using an SMG gun part, similar story would apply to rifles, pistols etc. And to get those parts, well, salvaging a weapon would give only 1 gun part.