Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

the server is a 3rd party host (hosthavoc)...i installed all the files from the zip with FTP...they show up...start the server from the launcher...game starts...join the server...game load with "undead legacy" loading showing...but when i join, it starts as vanilla.

Did you copy the files in the correct folder? Join the undead legacy discord channel, post some screenshots of where did you install the files to the ftp server. If it's showing Undead Legacy Loading, it's just client side change, not server side.

My two guesses: either you installed the files (copy/paste) in the wrong folder or the host has some restrictions in changing .xml files.

Hello your mod is one of the mods i enjoy a lt, and i have a question. ؟when will you release the update?

1.4 update is going to be a big one and I am the only person working on the mod, it takes time ;)

More info and discussions are at my discord channel, check main post for link.

@Subquake...Absolute Genius......this UI will go great with Alpha 17 next year..or will it be the year after...or after that....well who cares wish they would ditch it and hand it to the guys that will turn out updates regular (the modders) ,Your mod is top for me

hi I need a little advice. I'm trying to edit XML files to include with your mod. I launch the game with 7 Days to Die mod launcher. I removed the tick from the box refresh mods automatically box. Now when I launch the game XML files revert back to their original condition. How to stop this from happening?

Thank you.

Can't get it to run on private network server.

I've been playing with the installation for hours trying to run on my own networked server but I'm not getting anywhere. I've got the mod installed on the local game directory and on a networked server. I know it's runing on the local PC since I can start a game and it runs fine. I've installed the files on the server and when I start the game it reports that it's starting in Undead Legacy, but when the game actually connected to the server the UI is not there. Any suggestions?

Edited by Destrider
more info (see edit history)

I've been playing with the installation for hours trying to run on my own networked server but I'm not getting anywhere. I've got the mod installed on the local game directory and on a networked server. I know it's runing on the local PC since I can start a game and it runs fine. I've installed the files on the server and when I start the game it reports that it's starting in Undead Legacy, but when the game actually connected to the server the UI is not there. Any suggestions?

I've verified via the console that the mod is running, so now I know it's running on serverside and it's running PC side, it's just they don't want to play with each other.

Destrider I'm sorry you are still having trouble installing the mod. It means, that you didn't copy the files of Undead Legacy in the correct folder, they need to go to the root directory of the games server, for example if your server folders look something like this:

7 Days to die dedicated server/Data/Config,

then you need to install the mod here:

7 Days to die dedicated server

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Just want to add to the positive comments for this mod. I've been playing on a public server for about a week now and really enjoy it! It has freshened up the game and added much to my enjoyment. Thanks!

Thanks! I really hope you and many fans of UL will like my planned changes in 1.4, that should make progression even more interesting. Progress has been slow due to real life stuff and lack of time to work on the mod, but I'm getting there!

What is the goal of this mod? Mostly crafting and looting?

I love finding loot. Zombies are a necessary evil to have something to use your loot on. That is how I like to play. I'm curious about the word rebalancing in the description. Is this mod about making fights longer or tougher? I'm not into the combat or building big bases. I like exploring on my bike, looting every POI and then hiding and upgrading all the goodies. Do you think your game would be a good match? I like War of the Walkers with all of the new POI's. It really brings back the new feeling again. I liked a lot of what I read on the first page.

Thanks!

P.S. I would have to uninstall WotW to run this right? Maybe I can just run a 2nd copy of the game on a different hdd. That'd work.

I love finding loot. Zombies are a necessary evil to have something to use your loot on. That is how I like to play. I'm curious about the word rebalancing in the description. Is this mod about making fights longer or tougher? I'm not into the combat or building big bases. I like exploring on my bike, looting every POI and then hiding and upgrading all the goodies. Do you think your game would be a good match? I like War of the Walkers with all of the new POI's. It really brings back the new feeling again. I liked a lot of what I read on the first page.

Thanks!

P.S. I would have to uninstall WotW to run this right? Maybe I can just run a 2nd copy of the game on a different hdd. That'd work.

Short answer:

Increase immersion factor.

Long answer:

My ultimate goal is to build upon what the game currently offers, expand it and make the game and gameplay more immersive. For the most part I'm making the mod by myself and I have only so much free time to dedicate for working on it, therefore it will take me quite a while to tackle most game related things. Because of this my main focus was to improve looting and crafting first, because that's what you do a lot in the game, even more than killing zombies. Once I will be happy with most of the changes in that regard, I will shift focus to improving zombies, making them more diverse as well as adding more custom POIs.

Hey, im having a problem installing this mod, sorry im a noob at these kinda things, I had I think what was the same error message when trying to install true starvation before this:

Unknown file version (C:/Program Files (86)/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die/Data/Managed/assembly-csharp.dll)

Hey, im having a problem installing this mod, sorry im a noob at these kinda things, I had I think what was the same error message when trying to install true starvation before this:

Unknown file version (C:/Program Files (86)/steam/steamapps/common/7 Days to Die/Data/Managed/assembly-csharp.dll)

If you are trying to install the mod on top of the game, make sure you have verified the game integrity on steam and then installing the mod onto a clean game version. If you require more assistance I will suggest you to join Undead Legacy discord channel (link on main post) and me or anyone else might assist you with tips live.

Dood I freaking love this mod ! Thank you !

The UI is very pretty and it reminds me of Parasite Eve, my fav game of all time. The guns feeling powerful now is a huge plus, there is no reason they should be like pea shooters in vanilla.

Keep up the good stuff sir and I hope to see this on A17 as well !

Dood I freaking love this mod ! Thank you !

The UI is very pretty and it reminds me of Parasite Eve, my fav game of all time. The guns feeling powerful now is a huge plus, there is no reason they should be like pea shooters in vanilla.

Keep up the good stuff sir and I hope to see this on A17 as well !

Thanks! Glad that you are enjoying it! And yeah, I have big plans for the mod with A17 :)

I have 16Gb of RAM on my PC, but I still have a lot of lags)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24576[/ATTACH]

I want to note that the problem is only in Undead Legacy mod. Its normal or problem at my PC?

The game is bad at clearing RAM by itself. If you have issues regarding that, use a console command time to time:

memcl

It should help to dump all the unused junk from RAM. Hopefully A17 will perform better.

The game is bad at clearing RAM by itself.

The game is bad at clearing RAM by itself. If you have issues regarding that, use a console command time to time:

memcl

It should help to dump all the unused junk from RAM. Hopefully A17 will perform better.

oh thx, i am want to try this command.

p.s. this mod the best mod)

Edited by mortan (see edit history)

Two Must-have admin items

Any chance you could get permission to add a couple of admin items to this amazing mod?

I really miss Nanashi's flamethrower & StompyNZ's Grassitron2000, I tried importing their code, but they refuse to work in this mod. These are must-have admin items, I swear!

And thanks for an amazing mod, I have just wowed my players with your mod, I have two hooked on it on day 1. I really hope you continue your amazing work in future builds.

Edited by SlicksGirl
wrong person (see edit history)

Good day Subquake

I have a request … Could you put a version number at the top of the Main page when loading into this site:

Undead Legacy. More loot, gear, recipes, custom ui, rebalancing. VS _._._

Just a thought to make it easier to see if there has been an update since last visit. I know you have been talking about an update soon or I thought you were, old brain thinking again. But it would be helpful

Thank you … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)