7DTD Darwin Awards

Clare

Once I was waiting for my friend in my base. It was built on the side of a hill. You can probably tell whats gonna happen. When he arrived he put his bed down on the one place I didn't put supports. The entire thing stumbled off the side of the cliff into the landmines I put beneath my base. I didn't die... until my friend put a landmine down near my feet as a joke.

Note: don't make your base on a cliff.:upset:

best loot

I read somewhere that the best loot was at military camps, so I made it my goal to find one. After uncovering enough of the map, I turned to the internet once again to locate one of these "honeyholes" and see what kind of goods i could grab. As I got near opening, i suddenly seen the inside of my players head (back of his eyes) and instantly died. I was kind of pissed, because this was quite a journey from where I began, and was not smart enough to place a bedroll in the area.. wondering how I died, I hit the share button, and saved the clip...

Now, I am studying video in capture gallery to see what the cause of death was.... no luck. so-

back to the game.. respawn at bedroll.. now to trek back to the base!

once again... INSTANT DEATH WHEN I APPROACH THE BASE!

What IS GOING ON?! IS THERE A TRAP OR WHAT?! SO-

Back to the internet.. and there it is..

" Be careful when near these camps, THERE ARE MINES LAID ABOUT"...

Well hell.. that would explain my instant deaths.. did not even hear the kaboom!

AND ALSO WHY I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT WHY I WAS DYING WHEN I REVIEW GAMEPLAY!! LOL..

IT WAS IN THE SNOW AREA, AND WHEN ITS SNOWING, THE MINES ARE COVERED AND YOU CANNOT SEE THEM!

I felt like a moron.. And now know- beware of mines near military camps! Especially in snow area!

They are easier to spot in the woodland and desert areas, but there are dozens of them! watch your step!!!

....it would be nice if we could pick up these mines for future use, rather than blowing them up so you dont step on one yourself!!!

p.s. .........still searching for auger parts..:dispirited:

It was a Ninja Bear, I swear it!

My husband and I were playing co-op on the Xbox One version not too long after we first got it and we'd somehow wound up in the snow biome. We'd never really explored it and at that time we were mapping Navezgane. We decided to settle in the logging camp with all the wood log piles and thought we'd be cute and build a wall. Well my hubby's love of symmetry required us to dismantle that small scrap iron plate garage. It was going smooth, the garage was almost down, the wall was going up and the next thing I know he's bleeding out and we can't figure out why, then we hear the bear that managed to sneak up on us. Needless to say, he died then the bear mauled me and we re-spawned at opposite ends of the map. Fear of Bears in this game is TOTALLY justified. And no, they don't always roar or bellow before attacking. They be ninjas.

fumbling with the controller to go answer the phone (land line) i had broken glass in my tool belt for some reason and proceeded to ingest it , panicked when i got back i made a B line for my base and forgot i just dug a trench and filled it with spikes .

found a land mine thought maybe i could break it down with a wrench NOPE !!!!.

mistook a bears butt for a stone and promptly got mauled twice ! (went to go back for my back and the bear was waiting )

swam to house in the middle of lake on navesgane map , as soon as i entered it started to fall apart thought i could loot the safe before it did and i thought wrong , then i drowned try to retrieve my back pack

my first horde night i though s wood door and some spikes would do , it didn't ran to second floor and boxed my self in, and the zombies destroy the floor under my feet , i fell into the healing hands of 3 zombies nurses , but i guess they where on lunch break cause they ate me

Back in September, after watching my daughters and son-in-law play 7DTD for a while, I decided to give it a try. My daughter let me use her XBOX. Since I'd never played a console game before, we set everything to the easiest level and disabled zombie spawning so I could get familiar with the controller. At one point I was in the burning area, and was unable to avoid some burning logs so caught on fire. My daughter said, "Mom, you're right by the lake, just step into it." Instead I did the noob panic, spinning in circles while looking at the ground. By the time I stumbled into the lake, the constant rain had already put out the fire, but now I was drowning - still spinning around looking down. I barely managed to survive by looking up - still spinning! By then I was laughing so hard I finally quit mashing the sticks. I wish I could have seen how hilarious it must have looked!

A while later I had started a new game by myself. I was getting desperate to find a cookpot, but no luck. Hungry and dying of thirst, I ended up drinking murky water and got sick. I had the yellow flowers and more water, but no way to make tea! Searching online, I saw that cookpots were often found in campsites. I checked the Navezgane map, and headed for the nearest camping area. Hurray! A cooking pot! I staggered straight toward it, dying of hunger, thirst, and dysentery - right through the burning logs and burned to death.

I respawned in an area that was hot, dry, and with lots of cactus. No problem, I'll run north to get out of the desert, then find that campsite and all my stuff, not seeing the tiny icon for my old backpack. I ran and ran, looting trash and cars along the way. Running, running, then BAM! I was dead. Radiation poisoning - it wasn't the desert I was running through, it was the scrub land in the northwest corner!

I ended up enjoying the game so much (after I figured out the controls and fire and how to find cooking pots and what the radiation zone looks like...) in October I got my own XBOX! I've been playing nearly every day since then.

Back in September, after watching my daughters and son-in-law play 7DTD for a while, I decided to give it a try. My daughter let me use her XBOX. Since I'd never played a console game before, we set everything to the easiest level and disabled zombie spawning so I could get familiar with the controller. At one point I was in the burning area, and was unable to avoid some burning logs so caught on fire. My daughter said, "Mom, you're right by the lake, just step into it." Instead I did the noob panic, spinning in circles while looking at the ground. By the time I stumbled into the lake, the constant rain had already put out the fire, but now I was drowning - still spinning around looking down. I barely managed to survive by looking up - still spinning! By then I was laughing so hard I finally quit mashing the sticks. I wish I could have seen how hilarious it must have looked!

A while later I had started a new game by myself. I was getting desperate to find a cookpot, but no luck. Hungry and dying of thirst, I ended up drinking murky water and got sick. I had the yellow flowers and more water, but no way to make tea! Searching online, I saw that cookpots were often found in campsites. I checked the Navezgane map, and headed for the nearest camping area. Hurray! A cooking pot! I staggered straight toward it, dying of hunger, thirst, and dysentery - right through the burning logs and burned to death.

I respawned in an area that was hot, dry, and with lots of cactus. No problem, I'll run north to get out of the desert, then find that campsite and all my stuff, not seeing the tiny icon for my old backpack. I ran and ran, looting trash and cars along the way. Running, running, then BAM! I was dead. Radiation poisoning - it wasn't the desert I was running through, it was the scrub land in the northwest corner!

I ended up enjoying the game so much (after I figured out the controls and fire and how to find cooking pots and what the radiation zone looks like...) in October I got my own XBOX! I've been playing nearly every day since then.

Lol, there were A LOT of playthroughs like this starting out :D It resonates. Wait till you get brave enough to test random gen. Oh finding things is sooo not easy. I had a similar problem with cookpots on random gen, recently.

• 2 weeks later...
I read somewhere that the best loot was at military camps, so I made it my goal to find one. After uncovering enough of the map, I turned to the internet once again to locate one of these "honeyholes" and see what kind of goods i could grab. As I got near opening, i suddenly seen the inside of my players head (back of his eyes) and instantly died. I was kind of pissed, because this was quite a journey from where I began, and was not smart enough to place a bedroll in the area.. wondering how I died, I hit the share button, and saved the clip...

Now, I am studying video in capture gallery to see what the cause of death was.... no luck. so-

back to the game.. respawn at bedroll.. now to trek back to the base!

once again... INSTANT DEATH WHEN I APPROACH THE BASE!

What IS GOING ON?! IS THERE A TRAP OR WHAT?! SO-

Back to the internet.. and there it is..

" Be careful when near these camps, THERE ARE MINES LAID ABOUT"...

Well hell.. that would explain my instant deaths.. did not even hear the kaboom!

AND ALSO WHY I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT WHY I WAS DYING WHEN I REVIEW GAMEPLAY!! LOL..

IT WAS IN THE SNOW AREA, AND WHEN ITS SNOWING, THE MINES ARE COVERED AND YOU CANNOT SEE THEM!

I felt like a moron.. And now know- beware of mines near military camps! Especially in snow area!

They are easier to spot in the woodland and desert areas, but there are dozens of them! watch your step!!!

....it would be nice if we could pick up these mines for future use, rather than blowing them up so you dont step on one yourself!!!

p.s. .........still searching for auger parts..:dispirited:

Best sources for them are any working stiff crate or by killing the zombie woodcutters

Not a death but recently while on the crackpot20 seed, building a scratch built base with a splinted sprain, feel off the building breaking my leg, splinted it agaun, then right away did it again aprroaching the 3rd bloodmoon ans so far barring almost getting killed by one of THREE day hordes most of my health worries have been sprains and broken legs! So far in 19 days, Bleed ot status cos f my own spikes, 4 times, sprained leg, 12 times, busted leg 6 times.

Somehow not died yet but about to start playing so prob will now lol!

My husband and I were playing co-op on the Xbox One version not too long after we first got it and we'd somehow wound up in the snow biome. We'd never really explored it and at that time we were mapping Navezgane. We decided to settle in the logging camp with all the wood log piles and thought we'd be cute and build a wall. Well my hubby's love of symmetry required us to dismantle that small scrap iron plate garage. It was going smooth, the garage was almost down, the wall was going up and the next thing I know he's bleeding out and we can't figure out why, then we hear the bear that managed to sneak up on us. Needless to say, he died then the bear mauled me and we re-spawned at opposite ends of the map. Fear of Bears in this game is TOTALLY justified. And no, they don't always roar or bellow before attacking. They be ninjas.

I knew it. They are ninjas! https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59045-Bears-gone-missing&p=581244&viewfull=1#post581244

Yeah I have a healthy aversion to bears....

ALmost died today, was mining and seemed to find a void underground about -15 depth, next thing I know the mine caves in over a 50 block radius collapses around me on the day b4 a bloodmoon, I tried to work out how to cover the hole realised wouldnt have time and surrounded it with iron railings (some zombies still got in my mine damn them lol)

While I didint die, I did spend 5 mins running backwards and forwards through a rain of clay dirt and wood from trees falling down the hole! ah well gives me a perfect excuse to do some building. (note to self remember to shore up the mine more in random worlds)the most scary part? the hole stoped forming about 5 blocks from the spikes ringing the perimeter of the area I while be building my compound defenses at!

- - - Updated - - -

I have this too but no die just go into bleedout, I think the collider just dont care if you are jumping it pokes a hole in ya butt regardless

I'm on a game called Hell, where zombies spawn at 150%, always run, and are feral.

So building a ladder down to bedrock without a hatch in a home with a normal door reinforced twice (the poi default door spawn, not a secure door spawn), digging out a underground home with an iron pickax.

Turn around to the sound of zombies, see a horde falling down the latter and into my 2x1 tunnel... Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place, a hard place with teeth. Didn't help I saw 3 screamers before my view was blocked by a wall of the dead.

I got to the ladder, got stunned right as I got on it with 20 health, I looked back to literally I counted over 15 zombies crowding me, and I just knew I dug not a home, but a massive grave.

So like, ALWAYS secure your home BEFORE you try to dig away from it lol

• 2 weeks later...

The great journey. And the mysterious cave.

So you want to here a story huh... well I've got two.

First is the story of Dave and his disappearance. Dave was a simple man with simpl goals .. (blah blah blah backstory of dave fast forward to now) after surviving what seemed like a hundred day of getting airdrops of medical supplies Dave wondered to himself "I wonder if I follow the plane that dropping these I'm saved." So after getting all the medical supplies that was dropped for him Dave waited the next day for the plane to come and when it did he set off to who knows where. After walking hours and hours following the plane Dave came across the only thing that stopped him from leaving the accursed hell he was in "no mans land" knowing that he had prepared all these day for an escape Dave started his track and was never seen again. weeks later more and more airdrops full of medpacks continue to come. So he might have made it.

(Short version got bored got an entire inventory of first aid packs and walked for a few hours in a straight line threw the radiation zone after awhile the map screws up lol but land generation kept going so I kept going till I ran out of medpacks.)

The second story is of the mysterious cave. Clint after many tracks to a town for supplies stumbles upon a cave. Never had seen a cave Clint took it slow there was a few zombos but nothing he couldn't handle after quickly dispatching the two and exploring the rest of the cave 100% mind you. Walking back into the main chamber of the cave with his night vision on he's greeted by a flash of what look like light only to be a bear coming out of some hole in the universe and killing him. Afterwards clints children came in looking for their father only to find his pack. Turning back with their father's loot again the hole opened in front of their eyes as the dimensional zbear mauled their faces. Clints youngest son,dave, had heard his brothers screams that then died out. He snuck into the cave and retrieved the loot and made it out of the cave never seeing the bear.

(Short clarifying version walked into a cave killed to zombies explored the cave every inch came back to the main chamber and the bear just appears in my face in te dark cuaseing a jump scare and death. And after repeated attempts of going in and clubbing the bear it simply disappeared where I don't care I got my loot and I'm heading home.)

It's 2 AM, I've finally got all the major workstations set up and running in my sort-of-base, which is inside the 'large bunker' (the one with a long stairway leading down from inside the garage). I have long since blocked off the stairs and dug myself a vertical shaft and ladder up to the surface, about ten blocks outside the fenced area above the bunker. I hear zombies wandering around hissing and grunting, and it says 'sensed' when I crouch down, but I know I'm safe so I sort my inventory, craft some food, do all of the little housekeeping things I need to do while my forge constantly smelts down stone for my future concrete production. I plan to relocate in a day or two and take over the other bunker I found.

Life is pretty good, I'm feeling like a serious survivor. I notice that in my looting I picked up several 'treasure maps' and some yellow notepad 'notes' from somewhere. I read the note and its from some group of weirdos with a name like 'Crazy Jakes' or something. Its a challenge to 'Kill Some Male Zombies'. It doesn't say what I get for a reward (though it claims they will 'let me join them').

Hmmm...I can hear a few zombies up there, its fifty fifty that one is a male. I decide to go sneak to the surface and whack one with either my bow or my trusty barbed club. What's the worst that could happen, right next to the hatch to my base? There is some vague thought about the time of night, but I can't remember what it is that's nagging at me.

1. Open hatch leap out into a crouch to see if anything detects me, spin in a 360 to look for threats.

2. There is a bear standing behind the hatch looking at me, two blocks away.

3. There are zombies in the area over by the fence, beyond the bear. I remember now - zombies RUN at night. This was a bad idea.

4. One is clearly a male zombie. One of the other zombies is clearly a Screamer.

5. I scream. The bear screams. The Screamer screams. My wife screams, because she was sitting in the chair next to me reading a book.

6. I rush forward and try to get back down into my base.

7. The bear swats me, stunning my character in game. My wife swats me, stunning me out of game.

8. All the zombies in the world sprint over and attack me, the bear, the open hatch, each other. Mass chaos ensues. My wife sounds like a Screamer, but acts like a bear. I'm getting the stuffing beaten out of me in game and out.

9. I fend off my wife while my character staggers around like a bleeding pinata at a birthday party for psychotic six year olds.

10. I manage to get unstunned in game for a moment and take off sprinting in a random direction.

11. I lose track of where I am running, because out of game I am apologizing and trying to explain to my wife what is going on.

12. I run around a fence and inside a building to hide.

13. It is the garage building with the blocked off stairwell for my bunker, and the source of all the zombie noise earlier. Bunches of them have been smashing through the walls to get to me over by the hatch and the bear. They turn to look at me, my wife says "I hope they eat you."

14. I run back out of the garage, pursued by zombies, and realize I am bleeding out. Oh, and I'm infected, too. This was a really bad idea.

15. In my panic, I hit the Q key and various number keys in random succession, accidentally throwing away my club, my stack of wooden frames, my pickaxe, and my beer supply before managing to select the #8 slot which is my bandages.

16. I am running laps around the garage and fence now, finally get the bandage applied to stop the bleeding. The bear, and the zombies, are pursuing me like some kind of NASCAR nightmare (run fast, turn left).

17. I pass the hatch to my base several times, but there is always a zombie standing by it, so I can't get into the ladder shaft.

18. Eventually I manage to select my trusty stone axe, and when I come around the corner to the hatch this time, I attack the zombie.

19. The open hatch gets in the way, of course. Between the two of us, we get the hatch destroyed, and a floor block next to it.

20. I get stunned by the bear who has caught up. Or maybe its the zombies, I've lost track of who's beating me.

21. I stagger forward...really slowly...and fall down the now open vertical shaft. I watch the ladder blocks whiz by, unable to grab them in my stunned state.

22. Thud, I land, break both my legs and then die from my injuries.

23. A pile of zombies land on top of me in the death cam cinematic. Some of them have broken legs, but that's not comforting to me, really.

24. I have a raging fit in real life, until my wife resumes beating me with her book to shut me up.

25. After a short break, several minutes of Marriage Maintenance, and a minute to change the keybind for 'throw object' to something other than "Q", I decide to respawn at my bedroll.

Which is in the base, in the room next to the open shaft leading upward...which is now full of zombies...who turn to look at me.

I logged out. I need a break, and a plan.

In a land claimed base it would be an option to light a stick of dynamite.

Claim protected blocks are nearly immune to explosives. Zombies are not. (neither are you but I didn't say it was a perfect plan)

Amazing story, though. LOL

In a land claimed base it would be an option to light a stick of dynamite.

Claim protected blocks are nearly immune to explosives. Zombies are not. (neither are you but I didn't say it was a perfect plan)

Amazing story, though. LOL

After multiple respawns and some unsuccessful attempts at clearing my base, the zombies destroyed my bedroll while killing me. I respawned far southwest of my base, not terribly far from where I started the game (I originally moved north, then east, looking for a decent town to settle down). Fortunately I have all my old 'attic camps' still marked on the map so I got to one of those and got some old/wornout supplies, then trekked back to my base next game day. My base was trashed, though, so now I'm packing my bags to move on to some other place. That was an expensive set of lessons learned.

Land Mine Special:

----------------------------------(boooooom!)--------------------------------

Okay, so it’s been a week since the ghosts came and stole all my stuff and tore apart my base. (Terrain rewrite error) Since then I’ve been a bit hesitant to invest too much into my base, just in case too much activity draws their attention, however, wandering around picking wild corn and running from these accursed zeds is wearing on my nerves and sitting in this wood shack with no cable, no internet and no xbox to play my favorite game on is grating on my nerves. Whatever happened here, it was on a massive scale. Keep finding these gift tokens to a place called Trader Joe’s or something. Maybe the survivors are all gathered there. Haven’t found the place yet.

Did find an old house near the wastes with a forge in it. It was a pretty crappy thing, probably why the ghosts haven’t stolen it. But since they don’t seem interested, I’ve been using that to melt down scrap iron to make a decent axe and some arrows worth shooting. Still have the hunting rifle and pistol I found, but ammo is getting low, so saving it for when I’m desperate. Okay, when I’m more desperate than I am right now.

To keep busy, I started digging under the shack I built, burrowing down until I hit rock, then another hundred miles or so through the rock hoping maybe to tunnel my way out of here or maybe find a vien of gold. No luck with either, but did manage to carve out a comfy room where I moved my bedroll and fire. Finally had so much stuff I was forced to build something to put it in. As the storage chests seem to attract the “ghosts in the machine” I built a couple of crates, and just for added protection, put a couple home made boody traps (tin can land mines that I read about in some book) in front just in case those thieving ghosts were real people, (like the 7dtd team) stealing my stuff.

Well, they say no good deed goes unpunished, and day 14 hit last night. I ran from the tunnel I was digging as the screaming horde began laying waste to the rows of spikes around my shack. Realizing I had left my rifle in the crate, I rushed over to retrieve it. The catastrophic effects of a make shift land mine confined within my comfy little cave was devastating.

Well, at least the damn thing didn’t wreck my crate, and after plugging the parts of me that were leaking, I managed to climb to the roof of my shack and blast away. It was a fun exercise in why you don’t put booby traps around your own stuff!

Shortest life in game - ever.

Decided to try a new map this morning. Brother hosts world, loaded the map and invited me in. I spawned in a plains biome - right next to a camp site full of zombies which was on me immediately. Managed to punch out 2 of them before they got me. Life lasted less than one minute. Beware spawning in near a POI - the few minutes without zombies doesn't apply.

Needless to say, we abandoned that map.

Archived