7DTD Darwin Awards

Clare

I was trapped on a store roof during a hoard night (was not paying attention to what day I was on) and a feral zombie got on the roof with me. As I was running around the roof trying to kill it along with all the spider zombies that happened to climb up with me, the zombies still on the ground took out a support wall just as I was running over that portion of the roof..... Next thing I knew I was in the store with a broken leg and more zombies than a greatful dead concert. Needless to say I didn't live very long. Oh and on a side note. Don't accidentally shoot a car while trying to kill a zombie while you beside said car.... Oh one more note be aware of where you set your gas barrels when digging( pick Axe plus gas barrel don't equal a good time)

Day 1 of a new world - I was chasing a pig that I'd shot (with a bow). Thought it had got stuck on one of those iron rich small boulders and took a pot shot at it. Turned out that 'boulder' was actually a bear, which was understandably miffed when my off target shot hit it in the butt. Needless to say, the bear had its revenge.

Another time, was upgrading my base and decided to change my wooden ladder for a metal one. Happily smashing away, it didn't occur to me that knocking out the top one would cause a vault hatch to fall on me - instantly killed me. Oh, how my brother laughed at me.

Day 1 of a new world - I was chasing a pig that I'd shot (with a bow). Thought it had got stuck on one of those iron rich small boulders and took a pot shot at it. Turned out that 'boulder' was actually a bear, which was understandably miffed when my off target shot hit it in the butt. Needless to say, the bear had its revenge.

Just yesterday I was killed after trying to mine a bear for stone.

Been looking for coal all morning. My poor Auger went from Purple to Orange. Only found 10 pieces.

Maybe I should try the bears.

LoL, good luck my friend. If you're gonna use an auger on a bear, pack an extra pair of underwear... I imagine they'd also go from purple to brown rather quick

Since we are on the subject of bears!

New map, 2 of my friends and I build a small shanty on the first night (5x7). As morning approaches we hear a bear just outside. One of my friends decides to "lure" it away. Shortly there after screams for help. I say I'll take over, and run outside and take a pop shot to get the bears attention. I got it! He b-lined straight for me while my friend took shelter in the shanty. After 2 or 3 swipes from the bear I had enough and ran for the shelter. My friends were kind enough to open the door for me and I ran in.......followed by the bear....... They ran out, and again were kind enough to close the door leaving the bear and I alone for a little 1 on 1. The conversation was not long, but the laughter that ensued still lasts to this day!

Starve to death in seconds

I was watching my nephew play one day and he was complaining about a glitch. Whenever he would climb up a ladder from his mine to his base his food and water would drop from 100% down to near zero. He would then have to eat and drink to refill. At one point while I was watching, he went up the ladder and he hit 0%, before he could make it to his larder he dropped dead from hunger and thirst.

My first encounter with a bear, it got stuck in a small dead tree and I one shotted it in the head with the carbine. Later that night I came across a second bear (now over confident ) I casually walked up to its face and shot it point blank. Have you seen their teeth? I did. Twice. When I went back for my stuff I turned around and there was Mr. Grumpy.

I was traveling down a hill on my bike bouncing away merrily and landed on a bear near the bottom. Road kill bear! Cool I thought, I can just run em over. Second encounter with a bear on the road, I hit the gas, slammed into it at top speed and stopped cold. I got as far as "OH SH..!" and he one swiped me dead on my bike.

Last weekend while playing with some friends in their game, I jumped off the roof of the base to finish off a hoard. Broke my leg of course. Ran out into the kill zone and stepped on a mine my friends forgot to warn me about. Didn't die, 24% health left, but it did heal my broken leg! While geeking over the apparent glitch a crawler took a swipe, re-broke the leg then killed me.

I was watching my nephew play one day and he was complaining about a glitch. Whenever he would climb up a ladder from his mine to his base his food and water would drop from 100% down to near zero. He would then have to eat and drink to refill. At one point while I was watching, he went up the ladder and he hit 0%, before he could make it to his larder he dropped dead from hunger and thirst.

I hope this was from awhile ago, this issue was fixed promptly a couple patches ago?

My best ones all in the same current game with Damselx1.

I put down afew landmines in front of my base surrounded by spikes, while clearing up and looting at end of blood moon a feral beamed down from the starship zombieprise punched me in the back and knocked me onto one of my mines XD, can laugh now but a the time I was going WTF just happend?

During blood moon yesterday I went through it without taking a hit, went to loot last few bodies a zombie cop showed up and exploded while I was shooting him (no animation they normally do either just boom, blowing me up)

Fun death today - found some kind of survivor compound in the Navesgane wasteland. Was happily looting the place when I found the ammo store. Was amazed to find the vault door was unlocked, spotted the gun safe inside and went for it. About to swing my pickaxe when I noticed these little round things on the floor. Boom, splat!

On the plus side, the resulting explosion removed the rest of the land-minds without destroying my backpack so I was able to retrieve my stuff and loot the safe.

so we found a new one last night....

i was in a group and one of them accidentally hit L2 with broken glass in his hand. Apparently if you EAT broken glass your going to have a bad time. It causes internal bleeding that will kill a 100hp character in under 3 seconds. Another teammate wanted to try it and kept a bandage to stop the bleeding in the very next toolbelt slot. He could not switch to the bandage quick enough and died in under 3 seconds. Were going to try again if we get a person to 150-200 and see if we can stop the bleed quick enough.

so.... fun fact of the day, broken glass holds no nutritional value

very early in the game (like 2 days after release on console, one of my friends saw a bear and thought it would be easy...it wasn't

Killed myself mining by mining straight up (minecraft should have tought me not a good idea that)

went looting in graveston (i think) had a sprained leg, but thought it would be fine. Zombie bear beamed in from the USS zombieprise and mauled me.

Dropped a pipebomb at my feet, set my self on fire walking over a campfire on the floor.

Somtimes I wonder how I got to my liongest life in this game of 41 hours 22 mins lol

Well went for an explore this morning, went into the snow region found the military camp and though "lets have a decko" tripped a few mines with gun shots and a few co-operative lumberjacks went in raided came out and died to a mine I had missed AGAIN this time cos it was snowing and it had covered the landmines, respawned got on the mini bike and got my stuff back:)

Only started playing recently and so far I have 5 deaths over 2 characters and none were from zombies.

First on my initial I don't know what the heck I'm doing yet character. First day literally the second zombie I ever killed and she had a pistol with 50 rounds of ammo. Kept the gun as a backup and stuck with the club as my zombie weapon and things went fine until day 3. Started out for the day and just outside the house I hid overnight in was a bear. House had one of the little front porch areas just outside the door. 3x3 space with posts at the corners holding up a roof over it and steps down the front side. Figured the bear was easy meat with the pistol. Shot him from the porch which just made him mad. He rushed at me, but couldn't seem to get up on the side of the porch between the 2 posts. Standing right across from him I emptied the gun in his face which just seemed to make him madder. While trying to figure out how to reload the gun I managed to drop the club and while trying to pick it up I fell back off the side of the porch opposite him. He went right through the porch and mauled me before I even managed to stand back up. When I re spawned with no clothes or gear it was in the middle of what I now think was the hub city. I didn't get much of a look since I spawned about 10 feet away from a group of 3 dogs so death #2 was pretty fast. When I came back I was in the middle of nowhere with no idea where all the stuff I had when the bear killed me was. I was back to having nothing just like when the game starts except it was already halfway through the week. Decided as long as I was basically starting from nothing anyway I might as well go for a new character so I'd at least get the full 7 days to prepare for the first horde.

Second character I have 3 deaths and they're all my own doing. On the new character I found one of those 2 story houses with the cobblestone first floor and wood second floor with the wrap around deck. I fortified it as well as I could which included log spikes all around it and I removed the stairway from the ground level up to the deck. I spent my first horde night shooting arrows down from the top floor deck. Went well until just before dawn when I was trying to get a shot on one near where the stairs had been and managed to fall off the deck onto the log spikes for the new character's first death. The house happens to be located in the desert, but just up a hill next to it is forest land. I made a bridge off the deck on that side (2 blocks wide and 15 out) that ends just short of the grass so it requires a short sprint and jump to get up on the bridge so zombies can't just wander across it. Supports are upgraded the 2 regular iron upgrades while the bridge itself is open frames so I can shoot down through it as well as quickly remove a section if zombies make it up on the far end. Spikes under it and 3 squares out on both sides. Second horde night went as well as the first with the same ending when I tried a tough shot and fell off the side of the bridge into the spikes for death 2. Fast forward to around day 32 I think. I'd made it through my day 21 and 28 hordes with no problems. While heading to an air drop I found a small city area and when I looted the shamway foods there I found 2 corn, a blueberry, and a potato. I went straight back to the house to plant the seeds. My garden area is the 5x5 area on the roof of the house where I knocked out the skylight and filled it in with wood blocks. At this point it was only a single corn plant, so I added the 4 new seeds. While trying to get down the ladder from the roof to the deck I managed to go right over the railing and down onto the spikes again.

deaths fatal kiss

I came across an army camp and was so excited to check it out being an old troop myself I saw the land mines and said oh crap gotta be careful so I am tip toeing along through the field of death when I notice I can pick them up say what!!!!!!!!! heck yeah lets do this zombies gonna learn today gonna learn what an explosive death feels like today lol so I am going along grabbing mines having a jolly ole E.O.D time (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) when I get near the end of the mine field I creep ever so slowly up to one of the last mines and look down to grab it and what do I do I PUNCH IT AND TAKE A EXPLODING MINE TO THE FACE! needless to say I learned what an explosive death felt like so sad.

Archived