7DTD Darwin Awards

Clare

Whether it was a bug that got you, a lapse in judgement or a pipe bomb you didn't know how to throw, the 7DTD Darwin Awards are for all the deaths you would rather didn't happen, but were still spectacular anyway.

So tell your tale, what makes you eligible for an Award?

I chased a cow in the river and forgot I needed to breathe, that bugger is still down there somewhere.

I was walking though my bedroom, when a bug removed a block of the floor (just long enough for me to fall through before putting it back), causing me to land on the one and only random spike trap I had in my kitchen and bleed out.

I was peering over my balcony wondering where the feral went, then when I landed.. it struck me.

I watched mrs Magnet fall down the same ladder twice, breaking both her legs... I almost laughed myself to death.

I've set myself on fire so often, I've considered changing my name to Bernie..

And this was my first hour, lol..

Whether it was a bug that got you, a lapse in judgement or a pipe bomb you didn't know how to throw, the 7DTD Darwin Awards are for all the deaths you would rather didn't happen, but were still spectacular anyway.

So tell your tale, what makes you eligible for an Award?

Hooo..... oh oh....... this is my thing :D

I don't die often but when I do .....

"story" we had built a village with 4-5 players, everyone had his own base and surrounding that village was a wall. We were all pretty safe shooting at zombies. Occasionally one would spawn inside the wall but that wasn't too big of a problem. So we were fighting yet another horde outside the wall. Sniping from our towers and ramparts feeling pretty good about ourselves.

It looked like the horde had died down, so I jumped down to get some sweet loot. Now... on the exact same time that I land, my fellow survivors saw 4 zombie bears spawn RIGHT ON TOP OF ME. I didn't even see them because I instantly died. I wish I would have seen that from afar :')

Being attacked by a bear on day 2 while checking out a map seed... Not only was it a bear... It was a flaming bear in the burnt land... Not sure what killed me, the bear or him setting me on fire... Ouch.

hahaha, reminds me of when my wife and I first tried playing on multiplayer... at the time I didn't know we could ally up and use the marker to find each other, (duh), so I was literally finding my way to her via coordinates.. Eventually I got there, only to find we were outside at her spawn in point with a bear... I said "don't worry I got this!", and then everything went south rather quickly.

I shot it a couple of times, which seemed to do nothing but make it really angry. I then decided a change of plan was in order, and distracted the bears attention by letting it maul my face, whilst my wife hit it with a stone axe. This worked well for about 0.5 seconds, at which point, I promptly ran out of face, and the bear killed Mrs Griff.

It was made funnier still by my wifes screams when she looked at my screen and realized it was running up the stairs on the side of the house and going to kill her again (oh how we laughed). Fortunately her self sacrifice was enough to let me pick my stuff up and continue shooting arrows at it. We won, eventually, thanks to the AI that caused the bear to get stuck on the hand rail. It's so much easier to hit them when they're stuck!

hahaha, reminds me of when my wife and I first tried playing on multiplayer... at the time I didn't know we could ally up and use the marker to find each other, (duh), so I was literally finding my way to her via coordinates.. Eventually I got there, only to find we were outside at her spawn in point with a bear... I said "don't worry I got this!", and then everything went south rather quickly.

I shot it a couple of times, which seemed to do nothing but make it really angry. I then decided a change of plan was in order, and distracted the bears attention by letting it maul my face, whilst my wife hit it with a stone axe. This worked well for about 0.5 seconds, at which point, I promptly ran out of face, and the bear killed Mrs Griff.

It was made funnier still by my wifes screams when she looked at my screen and realized it was running up the stairs on the side of the house and going to kill her again (oh how we laughed). Fortunately her self sacrifice was enough to let me pick my stuff up and continue shooting arrows at it. We won, eventually, thanks to the AI that caused the bear to get stuck on the hand rail. It's so much easier to hit them when they're stuck!

Haha yep know that feeling, when we first incountered a bear after shooting 15+ arrows at it, it managed to destroy the rock mound I was standing on, at that point she ran for home while I got smacked by the bear, I ran for dear life from the bear, it relentlessly chased me till my stanima was empty, apparently it has as much as me at that point it stopped chasing and stood there. No idea what became of that bear, I nev went back and ran the rest of the way home.

All my explosive deaths. I probably shouldn't use them but they are to much fun not to.

1) I had built a adobe block bunker and incased it with Iron grates to shot zombies through. I also dug a trench around the bunker and filled it with spikes, and for the lucky zombies that made it across that I laid land mines around the base of the bunker. Survived the horde until morning without a scratch, broke down a couple of my iron grates to get out of my bunker, stepped on a land mine I had placed.

2) Found a nice tower with plenty of stair cases. I'd planed to blocked each change in direction of the steps, I also had picked up a gas barrel and placed it behind my first barricade. At this point we only had bows, and only had wood for or base. I expected they'd break through. They did, so I decide to shot the barrel to kill of the first guys through. I was to close. From there the horde had a grand time, smashing my base up, as I tried desperately to get my weapons back.

3) Finally, my friend and I had recently started a new game. We had are packs full, and our plan was to head to the snow biome to set up base. Along the way we meet up with this oh so friendly feral zombie. We'd peppered all of our minuscule arrow count into it. We had however came across one of the military bases, and had a pack full of air filter landmines. We were placing the done and getting the zombie to chase us across them. Well it was going great until my friends health got low, and he began trying to get the feral to chase me. Just as I put the mine down, he walked over it killing us both. (I got a good laugh out of it, my friend wasn't as impressed)

Aw guys, keep em coming, I'm almost in tears trying to not laugh out loud in the office >_<

- - - Updated - - -

I chased a cow in the river and forgot I needed to breathe, that bugger is still down there somewhere.

I was walking though my bedroom, when a bug removed a block of the floor (just long enough for me to fall through before putting it back), causing me to land on the one and only random spike trap I had in my kitchen and bleed out.

I was peering over my balcony wondering where the feral went, then when I landed.. it struck me.

I watched mrs Magnet fall down the same ladder twice, breaking both her legs... I almost laughed myself to death.

I've set myself on fire so often, I've considered changing my name to Bernie..

And this was my first hour, lol..

Bernie Embers?

Aw guys, keep em coming, I'm almost in tears trying to not laugh out loud in the office >_<

- - - Updated - - -

Bernie Embers?

I think thats why I've missed a couple of horde spawns... the undead have come to realize, if I'm crazy enough to do that to myself, there's no telling what I'd do to them. After day 23 they started leaving meat and water on me doorstep!

other night on Project Slaanhatten PVP Server (All welcome to join, running valmod pack) I went to climb a freestanding ladder to get on a walkway as i was getting chased by zombies at night, as i reached the ladder i thought "smash the bottom ladder block so they cant chase you", at which at the point of breaking it the rest of the freestanding ladder fell on me and killed me instantly -_-

I then decided a change of plan was in order, and distracted the bears attention by letting it maul my face, whilst my wife hit it with a stone axe. This worked well for about 0.5 seconds, at which point, I promptly ran out of face

That statement there made my day :D

I think I'm entitled for an award for been stuck on the building environment screen for the past week !

Yes, you are. A Darwin award does not require death only that you remove yourself from the (game's) gene pool so you definitely qualify. =)

My epic accidental suicide....

I had just got the book to make the exploding crossbow bolt. I was super excited to try it out, I didn't have a target and it was my first time using the crossbow. I decided to shot the bolt straight up into the air, not entirely sure why I did but I did. Anyway after shooting it I just stood in the same spot looking at my inventory or something not really thinking about the bolt I had just fired. Next thing I know I'm flying up into the air dead because the bolt had fallen to the ground and exploded next to me.....server announcement that I had died, my best friend says over vent....."you blew yourself up didn't you" I was laughing so hard I couldn't even answer for like 2 min.

It was so epic and yet so obvious that my friend who wasn't anywhere near me knew exactly what I had done.

I had just got the book to make the exploding crossbow bolt. I was super excited to try it out, I didn't have a target and it was my first time using the crossbow. I decided to shot the bolt straight up into the air, not entirely sure why I did but I did. Anyway after shooting it I just stood in the same spot looking at my inventory or something not really thinking about the bolt I had just fired. Next thing I know I'm flying up into the air dead because the bolt had fallen to the ground and exploded next to me.....server announcement that I had died, my best friend says over vent....."you blew yourself up didn't you" I was laughing so hard I couldn't even answer for like 2 min.

It was so epic and yet so obvious that my friend who wasn't anywhere near me knew exactly what I had done.

HAHAHAHA love it.... 7dtd lawn darts!

What goes up must come down. =)

I totally deserved my death no denying that and it was the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time. My body flew up in the air and I dropped like a sack of potatoes. I shouldn't have just stood there but I honestly didn't think about the fact that the arrow would come back down and land right where I was standing....it never even crossed my mind until the point that I was dead and flying through the air. ROFLMAO

Day 21 Horde - first attempt at the use of Pipe Bombs - proceeded to blow my self up twice as somehow threw the Pipe Bomb at my feet

Eek! sorry Pathfinder, that might be a bug, I know certain types of blocks (wood frames and rebar frames especially) can cause the pipebomb to hit a "wall" and land on your toes!

Sorry!

The team is aware of it though so hopefully you can go back to blowing zombies up instead of yourself soon!

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic! lol

Archived