7DTD Darwin Awards

Clare

So many ways to die.

I've fallen victim of my own spikes on too many occasions to count.

My husband has nudged himself to close to the edge and fallen right into the horde more than once or twice.

One of my favourite memories was when he had died on blood moon night and decided that he really wanted his backpack, but things didn't go according to plan. I was still safe and currently unoccupied up on the wall, so I looked up just in time to see him go hareing past me with all the horde in hot pursuit like an epic Tom & Jerry cartoon.

I almost fell off the wall I was laughing so hard.

When we first discovered explosives (they're so much fun aren't they?), we decided to do some testing to find out what kind of AOE they had and to see what hurt the world and what didn't. I agreed to be the TNT and dynamite tester (Muppet that I am). We laughed with much glee at the big boom from detonating the TNT. So after chuckling over the "the throwing part is very important" description in the dynamite, I lit the fuse, carefully aimed at where I wanted to chuck the dynamite and held down the throwing trigger. I saw the green bar filling up and thinking that this was the throwing strength I decided to let it get to full so I would throw it a long way away. Apparently the green bar is the fuse timer!

I made a lovely big crater with my backpack right at the bottom.

Lazy and Stupid

I was playing on the main map, I convinced my buddy to move fron Gravestone to Diersville. The selling point was the hospital. He moved onto the helipad, I moved to the roof next to it. I used my bike to move stuff between the towns. Eventually I moved everything to the first floor of the hospital. I was too lazy to move it all to the roof by hand so I used my bike and drove it up the stairs. My friend was working on the helipad when he hears my bike, he went to go down stairs whilst I drove up them. I struck and killed him; and due to the stair, the bike jumped the top on like a ramp and I proceeded to miss the edge of the helipad but did manage to catch the ground below. Side note I screamed like a lil girl once i noticed I was mid air.

I was playing on the main map, I convinced my buddy to move fron Gravestone to Diersville. The selling point was the hospital. He moved onto the helipad, I moved to the roof next to it. I used my bike to move stuff between the towns. Eventually I moved everything to the first floor of the hospital. I was too lazy to move it all to the roof by hand so I used my bike and drove it up the stairs. My friend was working on the helipad when he hears my bike, he went to go down stairs whilst I drove up them. I struck and killed him; and due to the stair, the bike jumped the top on like a ramp and I proceeded to miss the edge of the helipad but did manage to catch the ground below. Side note I screamed like a lil girl once i noticed I was mid air.

Okay, I'm sick as hell and that was so funny it threw me into a coughing fit. Once I caught my breath, it was totally worth it. That has to be the best murder suicide in the game to date.

So here's my tale

Was off exploring on my minibike. Way south of my base. Ghost-riding the whip and throwing birds at zombies, so confident was I in my 'untouchable' status on my chariot. Getting darker and closer to 22:00, but whatever, I'm golden. Everything is going great.

::Game freezes:: - Whatever, crap happens. This game is insanely fun, grains of salt are taken with little more than a shoulder shrug.

Reload my world. Minibike is gone. Up and vanished.

It's is now very dark. The ominous music plays and it is 22:00. I am a LONG way from our base and now have to travel on foot, through the night, to get back to safety.

Zombies begin lining up to take a shot at me. Rolled up my sleeves, hoisted my crossbow and sledgehammer, and kept my head on a swivel. Fought off 2 or 3 at a time, ferals, nurses, spiders, crawlers, (No bears, thankfully), anything that came my way. When it got too crazy, I ran. I ran until I couldn't run anymore. Then I ran some more - when my stamina refilled, that is.

I wasn't too proud to sneak and go around some obstacles, and through sheer force of will and gritty determination, the city/town/village where the toolshop-roof base we made came into view. On the first street in, I had to put down a burner and some other assorted dead-heads.

But, I was so close, nothing could stop me now.

Finally, I was home. A single tear rolled down my cheek in relief, and I made my way around to the front of the base where we had built a ramp separated from our roof by two spaces to keep zombies from leaping across while we bounded over like gazelles.

This gazelle's game clipped at just the right time, I missed the jump, fell onto a bed of wooden spikes, and made it up to the top of the ramp again just in time to bleed to death right at the top of the ramp before I could get inside to apply a bandage. I watched as I collapsed and my dead body rolled down the ramp to the ground.

I can't confirm this, but I'm pretty sure as my screen faded, I saw a zombie drive over my body in my stolen minibike.

One time during a horde I was removing boddies that had fallen through my concrete 1/4th blocks spike repair system.

Suddenly I died. I was sure a block or something fell on me but when I was back there was nothing.

My best guess is that I got killed by zombie corpse falling on me

R.I.P.

When i first started playing i started to stock pile fuel in barrels and (stupidly) pile em up in my house as i didnt realise that you could stack em in the chest ;) anyway i had converted the ranger station in nav and had a mine down to bedrock underneath it.

One day i was sorting out 1 of my 5 full chests whilst my cement mixer was mixing a shed load of concrete and my forge was making 500+ forged steel i didnt realise the hord had gotten through my 4 lauers of spikes and smashed a hole in the wall.

Anyway i got hit once saw the red splats on the screen then BOOOOOOOM BOOOOM BOOOM BOOOM all 26 fuel barrels exploded.

Lol i lost absolutly everything. The house completly vanished and theres still piles of wood dotted around navz.

I just wish i had it recorded from outside the building.

Watch out for military camps!!

Me and my cousin stumbled across a Military Base filled with tasty loot items.

One such item was land mines. We collected....what we thought.. was all of them.

During the search of the remaining area a mini horde appeared to which we decided to run.

The last words my cousin heard were

'ooh another land.... BOOOM!!'

My first death after 20/25 days

Devastated!! 😭😵😀

Watch out for military camps!!

Me and my cousin stumbled across a Military Base filled with tasty loot items.

One such item was land mines. We collected....what we thought.. was all of them.

During the search of the remaining area a mini horde appeared to which we decided to run.

The last words my cousin heard were

'ooh another land.... BOOOM!!'

My first death after 20/25 days

Devastated!!

You haven't played until you've died by a landmine or a pipe bomb/dynamite xD

Horde night out...

I have a friend who plays the game on XBox, who originally showed me its existence, and eventually I get for my PS4. One day, I bring it over to his place to show what I had built; a compound that is surrounded by trees, metal log spikes in between them and then a reinforced steal fence, alternating one block - two block high, each capped with metaled log spikes, the outside with barbed wire - very effective in eliminating a lot of zombies who get stuck on it, loose limbs, or just die.

Anyway, horde night hour approaches and we ready ourselves for battle. My friend was building a kill cage over on an island nearby, accessible via a mole tunnel below it (dug underneath on the bed rock, bypassing a sizable lake). The hour approaches and the ominous music plays and ...nothing. My friend traverses the underground tunnels, climb out through the trap door into my building and then runs to where I am, after finishing some last minute adjustments on his cage over on the island, just outside my compound getting ready for slaughter but no horde. So I move around a bit thinking they got confused and lost looking for us still nothing.

My friend said he completed his little cage trap on the Island directly south of where my compound is built but didnt see anything there so came to where I was, game being split screened I glanced every now and then to see what he was doing, still no horde. After a few minutes waiting we finally hear the scream of the 'screamer' zombie and the fight is on. I mean they was coming out of the lake! In long lines, ferals, shamblers, twitchers, chick zombs and nurses, spitting cops... Just like ye see folks lining up for iPhones store that just opened but more angrier.

The battle was intense and crazy! I end up running to my compound to get more band-aids stopped to open the steel door, went in turned around to shut it is when I see my friend run right by with a zombie bear in tow (i chuckle wickedly as he is thinking to weaken it on the ground metal log spikes I have and realizing the zombie bear actually avoids them). After the door shut, I opened the second steel door and shut it after I go in and go get the stuff.

By the time I was done, my friend has become bear food I return to the inner steel door and open - SLAP! A feral greets me lovingly and after a bunch of sledge hammer head blows and being baffled on how it got in, down it goes but no time to loot because my friend elected to respawn outside, instead of on his sleep bag upstairs. I go to the second steel door and open - SLAP! The zombie bear greets me, the one that ate my friend. Took a bit to kill that fella with a sledge but I did (must have been hurt from the spike traps?). Anyway, I hear all sorts of zombie noises, screams, gurgles, and growls from the other side of the compound's walls, meaning there is a large crowd of them. I go out and start to deal with them and noticed a bunch of cops spitting in my direction, now that is a lot of spit! I duck that and move over to where I see a rock... wait, sigh... as ferals rapidly surround me from all sides, I approaching the 'rock', it approaches faster! I get trapped in the middle of a grand melee with two bears, cops, and ferals... respawn on the bed...

Needless to say, we died 4 times each dealing with them, now the repairs...

I've only died once or twice in my single player game, but in my multiplayer game.....these goons (my sister and friend)....they like to be cheeky and prank each other to the death. I initially kept out of it because I wanted to keep my dude alive; up his wellness and all that. NOPEEEEEEE. They've hidden land mines EVERYWHERE. I didn't know this....I spawned into the game, took off to harvest my farm...land mine. I was increasing our defenses, ran across a field to put up concrete pillars....land mine. I let go of the ladder leading down to my mine because I have a a hay bale at the bottom that'll save me from dying and it's faster.....no hay bale AND land mine! I de-allied them and went on a mass killing spree and kept sneaking up on them with a blunderbuss. It got to the point we were laughing in tears :)

I also assembled my first rocket launcher and wanted to see it in action.....my sister accidentally ran right into it's path.

My fiance tried playing for the first time and loaded a random gen world. He bled out right before 22 hours, didn't know what to do.....didn't have a bedroll, respawned halfway across the world, and zombies were running after him and killing him every five seconds. He got pissed and said he quit because he couldn't find a house to hunker down in overnight. I had him load up the game and I immediately found a house for him. He was so mad that hasn't picked up the game since, lmao! I, on the other hand, am doing fantastically!

Out exploring a random gen world and came across a huge sink hole with water in the bottom, i noticed the walls were atleast 4 to 5 blocks high above the water as I peered over. Just as I thought it would sucks to fall in there, I fell in there.

Managed to swim to one side and while swimming dug a ledge out to stand on with a shovel. Managed to climb onto the ledge where I could carve away stairs to get out.

Wouldn't you know it that a large wandering random horde decided it was time to go swimming and began hopping down onto my head. I took out who I could with my spiked club, then began chiselling away again and more started dropping in. I made it out of the pit with 4 health. Didn't die but it was ridiculous none the less.

Just picked up the game!

I was introduced to this game about a week ago by a fellow survival game enthusiast friend of mine.

No wiki research, no forums; just bought a two pack on steam and started up a server. I just left things default and didn't close it up; so we've been getting random players on and off. Some even stuck around! But I regress...

77hrs 34m. I finally got my first death.

Things had been going really well; applying basic zombie logic early my merry little band of psychopaths practiced headshots whenever possible. From the bow; to the crossbow, shot-funs and my personal favorite weapon - the bone shiv. Weapon skill goes up pretty fast when you harvest all corpses for bones; and replace one after every 'encounter'.

We had a house fortified and concrete by day 17. Finished upgrading the exterior to solid steel by day 20.

Now; day 68 layered walls around the compound that you can only enter / exit by going off ramps on minibikes.

It's a raider's paradise.

Well, some of my fellow raiders and I loaded up and decided to trek out to some as of yet uncovered map. (We're playing on random gen.)

Find a peninsula; with a military camp on it's end. Pretty good luck, might be some decent loot. Now at this point; we've found two other camps just like this. Neither of the prior ones were mined.

We go zooming up to the base.... BOOM! .... whole raiding party. Dead.

"What... the actual F-?"

98 wellness lost.

That seemed, quite steep to me. And I've yet to fully recover.

But lesson learned; mines happen. Nothing has gotten me since; avoided caveins, day 50 horde, regularly hunt bears, circle cities with meat on the bar to attract more victi---er, zams.

Just me and my trusty collection of bone shivs. Doing work.

I went on a really long trip and spent about 45 minutes driving my minibike around an ocean before whatever those freaky tall zombies were came out of the dark and made me jump out of my skin then causing me to ditch my minibike in the water, the minibike threw me off and the zombie killed me... I spent go knows how long swimming across the ocean to get back to where I ditched the bike and eventually got it out of the water (luckily no sign of that zombie!). Started riding it back and got about half way home before finding myself airborne falling into a big hole in the ground full of water... Yet again got thrown off so started digging around to get the water away from it and get it out when I died after not realising a horde was passing through and jumped me before I even knew they were there... I then had to run all the way back to my bike, found the horde of zombies still inside the hole and sat with a sniper picking them off... Got the bike out and (FINALLY) headed home again before a glitch with the minibike damaged my tyres that much it didn't work... Maybe still a couple of kilometers from base...

That day was really not my day...

Or maybe the night I started a new map with zombies deactivated (the world above had the save corrupt thing and I couldn't get back on it) and I was out without a care in the world with a headlamp and an axe at about midnight... Looked away for less than a second to my tablet while I was chopping and when I looked up I was dead with no clues what killed me... I knew it wasn't zombies, I wasn't hungry or thirsty... I hadn't hurt myself... So snook back to my pack and a bear was standing over it...

I went to find a treasure map chest, which was my first one. I wasn't paying attention real well because I was rushing to get back to my base before the 21 day horde. I was digging and digging (never did find the chest yet) and a zombie falls down in the hole, I hear a rahh and I'm dead. I didn't have much health because I didnt carry a bandage with me and ran into a few zombies and got to bleeding. I stopped with like 12hp so when the zombie dropped in the hole I didnt stand a chance..... stupid treasure lol.

Built my house on the edge of a small hill with steep sides going up about 4-5 blocks. Figured I'd be safe just using a ladder getting up and down. This was back in A9 or so and one of the first times I tried the game.

So I made a nice patio sticking out above the cliff and spent most of my time getting food and making the place look cozy... minecraft style.

I didn't even know 7 days to die meant day 7 something bad happens... and on day 7 a whole army of what must have been underpaid construction workers came raging through the forest. I ran to my ladder and into my house where I was sitting crouched in fear with the "Hunted" text on the screen infront of me.

I could hear the moans and bashing against the cliff and then... my cozy cottage, patio and all, collapsed with me still inside of it :(

I have been reading about all the death pits people build for horde nights and thought I would build one myself. Followed some plans I saw online and took a few days to build it. Nice and deep, cement walls to hold them and filled with spikes. Went up top to put down wooden spikes to weaken everything before it fell into the pit and I hear the up chuck of a police officer and I spin to see where its coming from. I spot the officer, make a side step to avoid the spit and fall right into my new pit. The good news is that I have confirmed that it is very efficient at killing things.

Seen some tasty ores above me where i was mining and tried to pick them safely diagonally but some block fell on my head anyway killing me. I decided i will respawn near my bed instead of on it to save time i would spend on leaving the base just to find out the game decided to drop me in the middle of a field of wooden spikes ^_^ died again in couple seconds... lesson learned ;)

By the way, it would be really great if game would take that into account and not spawn players on top of any kind of traps :p

Can be seen on [Die A Bunch] Ep.3

Found the cave in the south east of Nav. Bear had fallen into hole, oh so handy I thought! I can take him out with my many arrows from up here!

I did not realise the hole in the ground had a slope... A slope bears can run up... A slope bears can run up and eat your face.

I've had almost the same experience... Was fairly new to 7 days, and had my sp random gen going. Took off to collect a supply drop. All is well got me some good stuff, and I'm b lining back to HQ. When all of a sudden I fall into a cave.. broken leg yay! Well i didn't have any frames on me so I hit the menus and start crafting, when boom, out of the sky falls a bear. Must have seen me drop down here. So I'm running in circles, trying to ice this fool... Nope. I get my face eaten.. nothing fancy right? Well I head back to retrieve my pack... Ice the bear from above. Dro down to retrieve my goods, and as I am putting my stuff in order, another damned bear falls on my head and eats me again.... Yep. Those were my first 2 deaths in 7 days. I have racked up quite a few since then, and most of them are my own stupidity... Most recent. Ran directly into the radioactive zone and died almost instantly.. then died again trying to get my bag o goods back.... Lost my best 44 and almost a full stack of ammo. Smdh.

Omg... So I'm on a relatively fresh navezgane... Set up in an old bunker in the burnt forest and pretty happy with my progress... Go off to explore some POIs I havent specifically been to but pretty confident it isn't anything new.... Ie everyone know what the tool store is and what is in it... Etc....

So start on my hike and my jaw hits the floor when I accidentally approach what was the wrong poi... I set out towards another... Theres these big scrap perimeter walls, building and guard towers inside... A big sign facing out with bold writing "FOOD" and thought I hit the jackpot...

A few zombies outside but no big deal, start taking them out one by one and zombies start spawning in behind me... The biggest roaming horde I've seen in 400+ hours of gameplay... EVENTUALLY take out all the Z's and run in to check out what loot was in there and see a big bold sign "GUNS"... Needless to say the first place I checked was what they had hidden away in the gum stash...

Run it and theres a concrete block vault with a vault door on, I don't hesitate approaching it as I pull my pickaxe out to start working in it and it says "unlocked"... Ok that seems strange, open the door and theres a gun safe inside (locked).

So after taking out the 30+ zombies with a bow and arrow and taking no damage I though ah well, I'll go inside and shut the dokr behind me when BOOM!!! i find out the hard way the vault is boobytrapped with mines...

Archived