7DTD Darwin Awards

Clare

Built a bunker underground for emergency's (two massive rooms, with smaller ones connecting). shortly after day 77 horde, an unending wave of screamers attacks our base until nothing but wood walls are left :miserable:, trapped in bunker for 2 days, no ammunition only explosives. decide to let the horde into the first room of bunker... (vault doors and loads of steel and concrete separate each room), load first room with gas barrels and TNT, let them in, flooded with cops ferals and screamers, shoot the explosives, door goes flying at me and nearly kills me, entire room is engulfed in flames and gore from dead corpses, roof has like 17 blocks of gravel above it, once the supports for the roof are blown up the ENTIRE roof of the first room collapses. nearly 2x as many zombies as the first horde stroll in (first horde was near 40-60), all fall into hole made by blown up bunker. attempt to escape from emergency door, cop mined down to door and is behind it. have to let cop in to kill him with melee weapons, blow up half of our food supply, base is ruined. we are currently in the process of moving from our pass and gas base to the army barrack nearly 3km away... thank god we have mini bikes.:crushed:

• 3 weeks later...

Went for a walk in the wasteland the other day, to try and clear a path to take my minibike through (there were no roads at all). I'd left the bike at the edge of the biome so I could scout on foot, which was going quite well for a while... until I almost walked into a hub cap mine. Spotted it when I was one square away. Breathed a sigh of relief, took out my bow, stepped back, and let loose. Apparently I didn't step back far enough though. Instant death.

• 2 months later...

I had just finished a hoard night, and as I was cleaning up a straggler zombie wandered up and caught me by surprise. I pulled out my crossbow and shot it in the face. As it turns out I forgot to swap back to steel crossbow bolts. I immediately died when the explosive crossbow bolt exploded in both our faces. At least I got the zombie.

• 2 weeks later...

I was tracking another player in a town at night, creeping along so as not to make any sound myself and with the volume turned right up so i could hear everything they did.

For some reason I randomly hiccuped and this startled me so much I fired a shot on my sniper which, as the sound was so high and things were so intense scared me and made me fart and startled me again and I promptly shot another round off...

I didnt die but I am sure the other guy died laughing :(

• 5 weeks later...

In the current world me and my sisiter are playing I went treasure hunting and one of the chests was int he wasteland, so I thought ok, then lets be carefull, crept slowly along got to the point on the map of the chest but ran out of time. built a platform attatched to a ruin, cooked the meat I had got on the way then thought, lets put some spikes around the camp, and BOOM! invisble mine in the ground texture.

Respawned grabbed so beer a shotgun and ammo and set out once more, got there, got my stuff, found the chest and was on my way back, literally 2 blocks to go to get out the wasteland BOOOOOOOOOM Me : "OH COME ON!"

Since then everytime I get one spwaning in the wasteland I have been digging safe channels through the wasteland and revealing the mines as I go, takes a while and the wasteland is getting criss crossed with safe paths but if thats how I get my treasure, then thats how I do it.

Same game and during a horde night shooting a cop, sniper needed to reload, cop blew me up cos I was not far enough away:/

Maybe not exactly a Darwin Award, but a weird death anyway.

Started a map, worked through the quests at the beginning and headed for the trader, no problem. Found some plants to harvest (blueberries? corn? I don't even remember) inside the trader's fortress, but when I picked one, the ground collapsed under me and I fell into a cave full of water. More like a pit, really. The sides were virtually vertical. There was no place to jump/climb out. Anywhere else on the map, and I could have dug a ramp, or placed some wooden frames or something to climb out, but since I was inside the trader's area, I couldn't do anything. There was no way out... except one. I jumped into the water and sank until I was dead.

Kinda annoying because my backpack was full of stuff I'd been scavenging, but there was no way to retrieve it.

A little later in that same map I was exploring a hotel, and parts of it started collapsing just from me walking around, and nearly killed me there too.

I ended up trashing that game and starting over with a different seed.

• 1 month later...

When I made my first pipe bomb I was going to scare my brother with it, I proceeded to follow him with the pipe bomb in hand, lit thinking it wouldn't explode till after I threw it. I said "hey will, look what I got!" And halfway through him turning around I exploded and died, he was badly injured but turned around to my backpack laying in a small crater. We thought it was hilarious and laughed about it for the rest of the night.

• 2 months later...
When I made my first pipe bomb I was going to scare my brother with it, I proceeded to follow him with the pipe bomb in hand, lit thinking it wouldn't explode till after I threw it. I said "hey will, look what I got!" And halfway through him turning around I exploded and died, he was badly injured but turned around to my backpack laying in a small crater. We watch giro d'italia live online free was hilarious and laughed about it for the rest of the night.

Cool story!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dropping my last unused molotov to make room for a much needed mod during a 7 day horde, catching myself on fire and not realizing it as I'm looking for space to get the other stuff in the loot bag after making sure I'd secured the mod.

• 5 weeks later...

I was looting a POI, the one that's the shanty town of sorts. I knew about the mines guarding the gun safe, so I very carefully crouched, pulled out my trusty wrench and tried to dismantle it.

I don't know if you can harvest mines, but I do know you can't do it with a wrench.

Exploring a house, I got mobbed on the upper story and decided to jump across the big hole in the floor for safety.

As I became airborne, I saw landmines on the other side of the gap and realized my aim was "perfect".

So not quite a Darwin Award, but I'm obviously not learning as I've now died 3 times to mines (out of 5 from memory).

I was following the road through a Wasteland and it ended. I decided to bee line to my base and I carefully rode my minibike off road. I spied one mine which I was well clear of, and I was riding forward slowly.

I exploded. I saved the footage and I still can't see the mine.

I was about 2km from home, so that was a long run back, and then another long run home after finding that my minibike suffered enough damage that it wasn't ridable.

Annoyingly, I've died twice now within a day of horde day, which I suspect is going to blunt the strength of it.

I don't know if you can harvest mines, but I do know you can't do it with a wrench.

You need a quality 6 wrench.

I tried with a 576 and a 600 wrench :

If I hit R2, the mine just explode as you hit it as if hitting a snail with a hammer.

If I hit L2, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong please ?

I tried with a 576 and a 600 wrench :

If I hit R2, the mine just explode as you hit it as if hitting a snail with a hammer.

If I hit L2, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong please ?

I do not think you can pick up landmines anymore. I believe you could at one time, but I think they changed that in an update. I do not believe you can pick up a landmine in console any more. Once of the reasons to avoid the wastelands, along with dogs.

Archived