True Survival

Spider

Hello Spider. Hello Everyone.

Long time fan of this mod. Keep it up.

I decided today to get back in A16.2 with True Survival. I followed the install instruction correctly using 7D2D Mod Launcher. Now, I cannot start a game on the current server. "Waiting for server..." is displayed for a few seconds then the console pop up and prints some errors:

2017-08-29T22:45:09 33.536 INF StartAsClient

2017-08-29T22:45:09 33.536 INF Sending RequestToEnterGame...

2017-08-29T22:45:09 33.542 INF StartGame done

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.876 INF Received config file 'materials' from server. Len: 51888

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.881 INF Received config file 'physicsbodies' from server. Len: 95252

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.889 INF Received config file 'blocks' from server. Len: 944554

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.983 ERR Loading and parsing '' (Model '#Potato?PotatoPrefab' not found on block with id 260)

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.983 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.984 ERR at BlockShapeModelEntity.Init (.Block _block) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.984 INF Received config file 'painting' from server. Len: 33807

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.987 INF Received config file 'buffs' from server. Len: 99421

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.996 INF Received config file 'misc' from server. Len: 8811

2017-08-29T22:45:16 40.997 INF Received config file 'items' from server. Len: 786003

2017-08-29T22:45:16 41.040 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'wallTorchPlayer' in use_action!/ at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )

2017-08-29T22:45:16 41.040 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!

2017-08-29T22:45:16 41.041 ERR at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Exception: Block with name 'treeTallGrassDiagonal' not found!

at BlockPlantGrowing.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Block.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.ConfigFileReceived (System.String _name, System.Byte[] _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackageConfigFile.ProcessPackage (.World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.AR (INetConnection , NetPackageDirection ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at GameManager.SetBlockTextureClient (Vector3i _blockPos, BlockFace _blockFace, Int32 _idx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackageSetBlockTexture.ProcessPackage (.World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConnectionManager.AR (INetConnection , NetPackageDirection ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.SetBlockTextureClient (Vector3i _blockPos, BlockFace _blockFace, Int32 _idx) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NetPackageSetBlockTexture.ProcessPackage (.World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The game hang there at "Waiting for server..." endlessly until I force it closed.

Might want to change the name of this mod from True Survival to True Bull♥♥♥♥ with the addition of the bandits. I like it better when you actually had a decent chance at surviving if you played smart but the bandits make the game impossible for any solo character to survive long enough to actually make friends.

Thanks for letting me participate in the testing of this meat grinder :)

not sure if it's just me, but i feel the bandit with shotgun seems overpowered with it's accuracy when shooting. any chance to alter their accuracy rate? i mean, when i'm getting within their shot range, i run sideways and even jumping like rabbit while running and they still managed to shot me twice in succession and killed me while i jump mid air from that far. (i'm at full health 100 wellness at that time as well) it's a fukin shotgun which supposedly powerful in short range but have low accuracy in long range and weaker damage as well when afar. as per current, it seems the only way to kill them is to use rifle from afar. but again, maybe it's just me who's still a noob in my playing skill. :miserable:

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

not sure if it's just me, but i feel the bandit with shotgun seems overpowered with it's accuracy when shooting. any chance to alter their accuracy rate? i mean, when i'm getting within their shot range, i run sideways and even jumping like rabbit while running and they still managed to shot me twice in succession and killed me while i jump mid air from that far. (i'm at full health 100 wellness at that time as well) it's a fukin shotgun which supposedly powerful in short range but have low accuracy in long range and weaker damage as well when afar. as per current, it seems the only way to kill them is to use rifle from afar. but again, maybe it's just me who's still a noob in my playing skill. :miserable:

Testing. Spider needs feedback like this so he can tweak their accuracy, damage, etc.

Hi guys, after dying and spawning a few times in front of ferals, and dying again and again, I decided to restart with a new character.

The thing is that even after creating a new character and selecting it, when I connect to the server, I keep dying as if I was my previous character (wellness = 0)

Is there something specific to do or did i do something wrong ? Or should ask for delete/reset, as daydark here above, each time I wanna restart a new character ?

PS : great mod as in A15.2

Thx in advance

EDIT : just in case ID 76561198139834410

Edited by pinedepin (see edit history)

@spider - I currently have my base as a pass and gas. I have my bedroll and keystone block right in the middle of it. It is not overly large but sleepers are still spawning in every few minutes, I will kill one and then another will spawn shortly after. Also, I am not sure if this is how you intended it but I was hit by a cowboy zombie that did 60 damage with one hit and also hit by a businessman that did 80 damage. I feel that it was a bit much for one hit.

OK so, I managed to properly setup the mod and join the server. Very cool map from what I have seen so far. Reporting two non critical issues:

1 - Human Turd, which can now be found in bird nest, should be renamed to something more appropriate. First time I scavenged through a nest and saw that, I was under the impression that another player left it there as a joke...

2 - When Bone sheev reach zero durability and break, the console pop up with an error. Simply closing it will resume normal playing.

@Spider - Feral rabbit cannot be harvested. It just gets beaten into nothing.

@spider - I currently have my base as a pass and gas. I have my bedroll and keystone block right in the middle of it. It is not overly large but sleepers are still spawning in every few minutes, I will kill one and then another will spawn shortly after.

I found that even with the bedroll down, unless you clear the poi entirely in one go, they will keep respawning whenever you leave and return. Maybe you are missing one hidden somewhere that resets the spawining

Update:

Fixed Infected Rabbit harvesting

Decreased NPC Sawed Off accuracy, entity damage and delay between firing

Fixed Turd name

Resets Completed-

pinedepin

daydark

@pinedepin-

That is what happens when you die the last time. Changing your profile only changes your characters looks nothing else.

@obsidianmcbovril-

The screwdriver recipe is correct. Is calls for "_units" so that means its from a smelter workstation. The only smelter workstation that smelts plastic and steel is the Blast Furnace

@baatrezu-

Not sure what your saying here. I pulled out the Food Prep Table and it works properly as far as I can tell, it turns off and has a fire effect when lit.

@SandrasAnatomy-

That is TFP new Sleeper System. Hooray!*cough* I have tried fixing it some, I still have another idea to help stop that but I don't know when I'll get around to it yet. So until then make sure you kill them "ALL" before you put your guard down. Also I checked the damage in game by getting hit and you are mistaken. Those 2 normal zombies do from 2-10 damage to the player. Unless you were fighting the feral version during a 7th night horde something else must of been happening to you.

@Galenmacil-

I tested the Bone Shiv and got no errors. Please let me know if you get it again. Maybe get me the output log error if it does.

Some things to report so far;

- Metal quest no indication of what to collect. I'm hitting metal blocks and structures with wrench and getting iron and scrap iron plates but neither seem to count towards the quest?

- Wild beans no thumbnail icon

- Revolver needs custom thumbnail icon

- no thumbnail handlebar schematics

- got bit by a spider and got stage 1. drank antivenom straight from fire didn't do anything. Then i took another antivenom out of fire and drank still didnt do anything. Another player i was with also got infected by the same spider and took antivenom out of the fire and it cured him. Is it possible that because i drank anti venom from the fire the first time i tried to do it, it bugged the effect some how?

While completing the wood working quest that asks to gather 1000 planks, i did not get the reward book in my inventory. My bag was basically empty and did not see an item with or without an picture in there to gain my skillup. I also checked on the ground, but not there either.

Is there any way to progress? or is this character basically screwed and now cannot make wood?

Not that it maters a whole bunch, since 16.3 just dropped and everyone has to redo their mods again...and start new maps cause they changed the core chunk generation that will mess up existing maps.

Edited by Dracos99 (see edit history)

Few things to report :

- As caatalyst certainly wanted to say, Old revolver has the Beretta 9x9mm icon in inventory.

- Also wild beans are missing their icon but like MANY other items (crafted gun schematics, ...). Let us know if you want a detailed list.

- Vehicles hitbox for looting seems way too small compared to TS A15.2, it's really hard to find an angle to loot them.

- I used a first aid kit from my inventory, heard the injection sound, but didn't gain any health at all.

- Can of pasta can't be scrapped.

Some things to report so far;

- got bit by a spider and got stage 1. drank antivenom straight from fire didn't do anything. Then i took another antivenom out of fire and drank still didnt do anything. Another player i was with also got infected by the same spider and took antivenom out of the fire and it cured him. Is it possible that because i drank anti venom from the fire the first time i tried to do it, it bugged the effect some how?

Had this issue too. You have to use it from your tool belt.