True Survival

Spider

I Uninstall the game and opt into 16.2 (it says stable 16.2 in but when I start up the mod it still says 16.3 up top right in the game and true survival isn't activated?

I just found everything 7d2d related and removed it. Trying again. Spider, once you get this working for 16.3 will we lose everything or will it automatically update to 16.3?

Edit: Removed all folders related to the game and still says 16.3 in the top right even though I opt in to 16.2. Can't get the mod to work..

Edited by MrSamuelAdam (see edit history)

@MrSamuelAdam

Delete the mod from the launcher than install while vanilla is 16.2 and see if that fixes it.

@Spider:

Log file regarding the exception I get after the game loads into the main screen:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1587 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1591 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

d3d: failed to create 2D texture id=1585 w=1 h=1 mips=1 d3dfmt=894720068 [invalid call]

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.

2017-09-04T13:11:09 15.663 INF WorldStaticData.Init() needed 8.589s

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "Z:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\UMATextures\TraderCaitlin_0_d.png".

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)

at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.ArchetypeTextureCache.SaveToFile (System.String archetypeName, Boolean archetypeIsPlayer, Int32 atlasIndex, UnityEngine.Texture2D diff, UnityEngine.Texture2D spec, UnityEngine.Texture2D nrm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.ArchetypeTextureCache.AddTexturesToCache (System.String archetypeName, Boolean archetypeIsPlayer, UnityEngine.Texture[] textures, Int32 atlasIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.TextureProcessPROCoroutine+<workerMethod>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.WorkerCoroutine.Work () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Rethrow as Exception: Exception in WorkerCoroutine: UMA.TextureProcessPROCoroutine

at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.HandleDirtyUpdate (UMA.UMAData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.OnDirtyUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UMA.UMAGeneratorBuiltin.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

2017-09-04T13:11:10 16.406 INF [steamworks.NET] Login ok.

2017-09-04T13:11:10 16.604 INF AchievementManager: Received stats and achievements from Steam

2017-09-04T13:11:14 20.757 INF OnApplicationQuit

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

1) Launch launcher

2) Click on the Advanced button on the upper right part of the launcher

3) Click on True Survival

4) If True Survival A16.2 is installed (green check mark next to it) then click (select) it and click Delete Mod

5) Click on True Survival A16.2 if it asks where to create the game from DO NOT CHOOSE STEAM, install from the vanilla version on your drive

6) After mod is installed: make sure Use EAC is UNCHECKED

7) Refresh Mods Automatically and Update Registry are checked marked

8) Click Play Mod

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

1) Launch launcher

2) Click on the Advanced button on the upper right part of the launcher

3) Click on True Survival

4) If True Survival A16.2 is installed (green check mark next to it) then click (select) it and click Delete Mod

5) Click on True Survival A16.2 if it asks where to create the game from DO NOT CHOOSE STEAM, install from the vanilla version on your drive

6) After mod is installed: make sure Use EAC is UNCHECKED

7) Refresh Mods Automatically and Update Registry are checked marked

8) Click Play Mod

Yeah, that's exactly what I did.

Yeah, don't get it. And now even when I try to delete the mod. It has a red check mark next to it but it doesn't give me the new command to install. Like it gives me the screen that just says play mod. Even though it had a red check next to it.

Wish this was easier to do. Guess I'll just do vanilla for now.

So if I don't have skill in let's say brick making, if I breakdown/repair brick with the brick tool I'll eventually learn to make bricks?

No. You need to do your "Learning to build with Brick" Quest. All building styles but Log Cabins are unlocked by quest. Log Cabin is the only free building block everyone starts with, its made by placing a Large Log and using the stoneaxe and narrow logs to upgrade it to Log Cabin.

All of the Building Block Styles Quest Chains are the same format

Step 1- Get the Tool.

Step 2- Using the tool destroy that type of block and collect the materials

Step 3 -Build the Frames for that style block

Step 4 -Upgrade the frames for that style block

After completing each step you will unlock some recipes by using the quest reward.

This way there is no staged progression. No do this before you can do that. The player can chose whatever path they want, they just have to do the work.

Also all swinging actions xp from tools, weapons and punching levels Upper Body. Leveling this will make you hit things harder.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

I installed this manually (works fine) and also downloaded Xtrakicking's texture mod from the provided link. Now do I only replace the original resources.assets file, or do I additionally need to do something with Sphereii's resources.assets patch that's sitting in the 7D2DPatches folder and came with your zip?

Nope you dont need anything else just use Xtrakicking's resources.assets and replace the one in the file at -7DaysToDie/7DaysToDie_Data/- and your ready.

I didn't realize Xtrakicking's link didn't have the file path. I will update the front page to make it clear. Thanks

There updated the post. Let me know if anyone sees anything that needs corrected

-Mod Download-

-Warning-

Mod is a work in progress just like the vanilla game.

Fastest Easiest Way To Play True Survival A16.2 is to download and install the 7d2dModLauncher from here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Mod Launcher Instructions-

1. Remove 7D2D from your system completely & manually delete any remaining files in the 7D2D folder that are left after uninstalling.
  2. Re-DL 7D2D on Steam.
  3. After it's finished downloading, right click and go to Properties -> Betas -> Choose 16.2. Wait for the game to downgrade back to 16.2.
  4. Now open 7D2D launcher and expand the "True Survival" on the top left. Highlight True Survival 16.2 and UN-Check "Use EAC" then click Play.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Manual Install

Download and install the True Survival 16.2 files manually here-

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-16.2-Manual-Install.git

!!THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!Download Xtrakicking 16.2 Zombie Texture Pack and replace your resources.asset file at 7DaysToDie/7DaysToDie_Data-

https://mega.nz/#F!hjpz2SyQ!O8RHFyeaie8XiG2KhDiLLA

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Server Files

Download Server Files here-

https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-A16-Server.git

OLD 15.1 ALPHA DOWNLOAD--> https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survial-A15-JZMOD.git

OLD ALPHA 15.2 SDX DOWNLOAD--> https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59466-WIP-True-Survival-SDX

Steam Group and Mod Forums –http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardcoreSurvivalServer

Terms of Use*

:hippie: YOLO!

Please post all bugs here and I will see what I can do. Thanks for playing.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

No. You need to do your "Learning to build with Brick" Quest. All building styles but Log Cabins are unlocked by quest. Log Cabin is the only free building block everyone starts with, its made by placing a Large Log and using the stoneaxe and narrow logs to upgrade it to Log Cabin.

All of the Building Block Styles Quest Chains are the same format

Step 1- Get the Tool.

Step 2- Using the tool destroy that type of block and collect the materials

Step 3 -Build the Frames for that style block

Step 4 -Upgrade the frames for that style block

After completing each step you will unlock some recipes by using the quest reward.

This way there is no staged progression. No do this before you can do that. The player can chose whatever path they want, they just have to do the work.

Also all swinging actions xp from tools, weapons and punching levels Upper Body. Leveling this will make you hit things harder.

Good info - if that was on the first page I missed it.

The quests though - gather 1000? I don't think I gathered that much on weeks of game play.

hi Spider,

i understand to collect the 1000 materials, if we use the proper tools, the block is destroyed much faster, but i think the cement block, 3k hp (cement mix quest) is still very hard to destroy even if using the correct tools (sledge hammer), destroying stainless steel block, 12k hp, using welder tool is so so much faster than destroy a cement block with sledge hammer. (which kinda makes cement block is tougher than stainless steel block). not sure if it was intended?

Edited by father123 (see edit history)

I'm having trouble getting past day 1 on scavenger level, Keep getting swarmed by soldier runners which I can't stun with my level 1 club.

It's definitely not an easy mod. Be careful. Don't go below 75% stamina. Always have a backup plan. Search for places to hide. Each time you are in a new area, prepare a building by chopping down stairs or setting up tables / frames so you can hop up on top of the roof to hide. Keep a stimulant / beer / coffee / red bull / etc on your toolbar for emergencies. Always plan your escape route. This should always be on your mind. I'm lvl 16 with no deaths but I play quite carefully and I've almost died a few times. Good luck!

got a question regarding " lvling barrier"

hi everyone.

it may just be me that cant see any other way.

but is there any special reason as to why stuff is locked behind player lvl

lets say the forge,,, or iron arrows ?

i hope its just me that fails to see any other way to get thease unlocked.

cheers

Canadus

hi everyone.

it may just be me that cant see any other way.

but is there any special reason as to why stuff is locked behind player lvl

lets say the forge,,, or iron arrows ?

i hope its just me that fails to see any other way to get thease unlocked.

cheers

Canadus

The goal is for slow steady progression. Vanilla 7d2d you can reach endgame in a weekend. True Survival is a slow steady grind with the difficulty cranked up. It's not for everyone.

The goal is for slow steady progression. Vanilla 7d2d you can reach endgame in a weekend. True Survival is a slow steady grind with the difficulty cranked up. It's not for everyone.

ok thank you for the reply,, so far i really love this mod, so,, THANKS SPIDER for making it,, almost made me sh.t myself serval times.

i just hope better stuff "unlocks" before the zombies gets too hard to kill with " standard" stuff and stone arrows.

OO 1 more question,.,.

how to best bach in doors...

i find it more easy to just break in through walls,, that seams wrong.. even stone walls

cheers

Canadus.

Edited by Canadus (see edit history)