True Survival

Spider

Hello guys, I hope there's still someone around. I get a graphical issue after enabling glcore renderer in the game launcher. Several plants from the mod turn purple as if they do not have a texture. Palms and wheat, for example. Here are the images: https://imgur.com/a/Tgrn1

Edit: Is there any solution to this problem? GLcore renderer gives me incredible performance boost, while if it is not active the game hardly runs. Changing graphic options doesn't help at all.

Edited by RomRomRya (see edit history)

Hey Bov, when do u plan to launch the server ? We're 5 now, might be enough for a start and more people could join later.

Hello

Yea, i been checking in several times every day to see if the server is up and running yet, enjoying TS once more. Its different then a15 TS and still much more fun then vanilla. I played vanilla a16 2 hours and got bored. If i had any computer skills besides turning on and off the power switch I would set up the server myself. I would wish that you do not change anything though unless its gamebreaking bugs. I havent figured out how the diet system works but for me it adds some challenge to the game.

/Flanders

Hey Bov, i've just seen you connecting to my server. I wanted to play a SP while you work on the MP but I created a MP by mistake ^^ Anyway, we'll need to create a new one, I've made this one with my own rules (no loot respawns, no airdrops, land claim has only a 7 squares surface even if we'll play PvE...).

I'll keep playing on this one until your server is ready. Everyone welcome for a training.

Server name : trainingday

Lopezien

Edited by pinedepin (see edit history)

Hey Bov, i've just seen you connecting to my server. I wanted to play a SP while you work on the MP but I created a MP by mistake ^^ Anyway, we'll need to create a new one, I've made this one with my own rules (no loot respawns, no airdrops, land claim has only a 7 squares surface even if we'll play PvE...).

I'll keep playing on this one until your server is ready. Everyone welcome for a training.

Server name : trainingday

Lopezien

Hello

What ip is it? And i would also like to throw out a question to Bov when he setting up server, not sure if Spiders setting is Warrior diff, but if not would you consider bumping it up to warrior difficulty?

Hi folks,

Here are the changes that we made to our server if you want to try them:

https://github.com/gritgaming/TrueSurvival/archive/master.zip

I'll qualify this update by saying that this is not any kind of "official" update nor am I 'taking over' or otherwise spending much (or any) more time tweaking it since we're working on a separate mod... and this one still has some major fundamental problems. The changes include:

- Disabled negative nutrition and scratch effects.

- Removed Dirty Bandage effect (once you bandage a wound, you're good).

- Increased xp for zombie kills.

- Greatly increased gas from harvested cars.

- Fixed Dismemberment bonus for all weapon perks.

- Fixed Mechanic Profession starting gear (now, you receive auger and chainsaw schematics - other profession

starting items/abilities based on perk level may still be borked since the class selection action simply unlocks

perks but does not advance them).

- Added recipes for duct tape, ink pen, glue (femur + bottled water) and swat helmet + light.

- Added perks for nuts&bolts, planks and nails (level 15).

- Reduced the level requirements for several construction perks.

- Reduced class selection from 20 to 10 Profession Pages. Also, you can now combine 10 skill pages OR 10 blank books into a Profession Page.

- Drastically reduced crafting time for items that require you to keep the crafting station interface open.

- Reduced amount of material needed for material/crafting quests from 1000 to 500 and frames from 100 to 50.

Edited by Kast (see edit history)

Hello

What ip is it? And i would also like to throw out a question to Bov when he setting up server, not sure if Spiders setting is Warrior diff, but if not would you consider bumping it up to warrior difficulty?

It's actually a peer to peer game, so i guess you can't find it if i'm not connected ? I don't any IP then.

Bov rejoined me on this game and told me he is now trying to create the server. We should get some news really soon.

I will be implementing the changes above in to the server so anyone wishing to join may also have to update their files. I am unsure if they will push to client.

That's a no to the difficulty. The game could do with enemy scaling/levelled list but it hasn't got that and the mod is already difficult enough at the beginning.

I hope to have the server up and running come this weekend at the latest.

I will be implementing the changes above in to the server so anyone wishing to join may also have to update their files. I am unsure if they will push to client.

That's a no to the difficulty. The game could do with enemy scaling/levelled list but it hasn't got that and the mod is already difficult enough at the beginning.

I hope to have the server up and running come this weekend at the latest.

Hello

Hmm, I have no idea how to update my files, will the launcher do it? some of those changes make the game easier though, It should be harder =). If any of the changes fixes bugs then its great. I havent figured out yet if the nutrition mechanic is bugged or not yet. But its your server so I will have to endure the "walk in the park" ! Hope you are able to bring it online!

/Regards

Flanders

Hello

Hmm, I have no idea how to update my files, will the launcher do it? some of those changes make the game easier though, It should be harder =). If any of the changes fixes bugs then its great. I havent figured out yet if the nutrition mechanic is bugged or not yet. But its your server so I will have to endure the "walk in the park" ! Hope you are able to bring it online!

/Regards

Flanders

The launcher won't do it because the files are not in Spider's original mod. The launcher would just download those again. It's a pretty easy drag n drop files anyway.

I only agree with a few changes in the recipes but I'm not willing to re-edit the other stuff so, there it is.

Nutrition although bugged(something gets baked into your save file), is manageable. I think I was the only person on any server to get malnorished haha. But it does work. Trick is don't die. but If you do you can recover.

As far as "Walk in the park"...show me where it says

"zombies made easier"? :)

The launcher won't do it because the files are not in Spider's original mod. The launcher would just download those again. It's a pretty easy drag n drop files anyway.

I only agree with a few changes in the recipes but I'm not willing to re-edit the other stuff so, there it is.

Nutrition although bugged(something gets baked into your save file), is manageable. I think I was the only person on any server to get malnorished haha. But it does work. Trick is don't die. but If you do you can recover.

"zombies made easier"? :)

Yea, understood. I thought it might have been the reason. I was hoping though that you would and could re-edit =)

"zombies made easier"?

Ooh, I will show you how easy it is when your server is live. Promptly followed by "Please reset me" =)

Ok so I have a server...but I don't know how to make the server run on alpha 16.2 which is required for the mod.

This is a major stumbling block that I could do with some help on.

Do i need to send a ticket to ask the provider to run the server at 16.2?

Any help at this point would be great.

You need to specify the beta version when you run the app_update: app_update <app_id> [-beta <betaname>]. So, if I rcall, it would be

app_update 294420 -beta 16.2

And anyone connecting would also need to be running 16.2 locally.

You need to specify the beta version when you run the app_update: app_update <app_id> [-beta <betaname>]. So, if I rcall, it would be

app_update 294420 -beta 16.2

And anyone connecting would also need to be running 16.2 locally.

Hi, thanks for the help.

I get an error in steamCMD saying I'm not logged in or offline. When I am logged in...

Would this way not just be for a local server that I'm running off my computer? because I'm not. It's a rented server but I am lost as to how to tell the server to use 16.2.

Edit: figured out I actually had to log in in steamCMD

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)

Hi, thanks for the help.

I get an error in steamCMD saying I'm not logged in or offline. When I am logged in...

Would this way not just be for a local server that I'm running off my computer? because I'm not. It's a rented server but I am lost as to how to tell the server to use 16.2.

You might need to login via steamCMD first. Run steamCMD and type:

login <loginID> <password>

And then enter the app update command.

You might need to login via steamCMD first. Run steamCMD and type:

login <loginID> <password>

And then enter the app update command.

Ok I nailed all of that but the server still kicks me for having mismatched versions.

Everything you said seemed to work. This is all a learning curve for me but everything is a curve ball at the minute.

Is there not a file on the server, that recognises what version the server should be running? because I can upload my edited files, and change server info(although it doesn't appear in the mod lists).

Edited by obsidianmcbovril (see edit history)

Ok I nailed all of that but the server still kicks me for having mismatched versions.

Everything you said seemed to work. This is all a learning curve for me but everything is a curve ball at the minute.

Is there not a file on the server, that recognises what version the server should be running? because I can upload my edited files, and change server info(although it doesn't appear in the mod lists).

You must use the exact beta name as it is in beta tab of steamclient. So use -beta alpha16.2.

You can also use anonymous login if you like. Just do "login anonymous"

You can change the destination of installation by force_install_dir. Ex. "force_install_dir E:\Servers\7dtd_16.2"

Cheers

Edited by Prisma501 (see edit history)

You must use the exact beta name as it is in beta tab of steamclient. So use -beta alpha16.2.

You can also use anonymous login if you like. Just do "login anonymous"

You can change the destination of installation by force_install_dir. Ex. "force_install_dir E:\Servers\7dtd_16.2"

Cheers

The instructions before worked. But I still get the error. It's an outside server(not on my computer). Does that nt make a difference? Every version on here is 16.2

My game crashes everyday everytime I start it up. The only fix to make the game run is to reinstall nvidia drivers every day. The error says "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" and then freezes game. My hardware is 7700k and 1080ti 32gb ram. Any ideas?

My game crashes everyday everytime I start it up. The only fix to make the game run is to reinstall nvidia drivers every day. The error says "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" and then freezes game. My hardware is 7700k and 1080ti 32gb ram. Any ideas?

I'm not sure, but that sounds vaguely like some sort of virus protection complaint? Windows defender or Norton maybe?