True Survival

Spider

For those who are experiencing the game as vanilla, would you be able to provide two logs files for me?

After True Survival has loaded and failed for you, go into the Mod Launcher, click on the View menu. From there, look for Log Files. In the Log file, you'll see two drop down boxes. Click on UPload Log file for each one of those, and give me the paste bin link.

I've made a visual guide on how to get the log files: https://imgur.com/a/SXq6W

First of all, to all those working on this: Thanks! Makes the game so much better.

Now, could anyone shed some light on how to progress in bladecrafting skills? On page 113/114 it says repairing or crafting any blade (or repairing loot only blade) increases bladecrafting skill. However, isn't repairing those also locked behind bladecrafting skills?

I think I'm missing something.

@Erik Louden-

My critique of your survival skills.

#1 When running from certain death never run uphill

#2 When running from certain death dont stop to loot or pick flowers

#3 Its not a good idea to try and kill a armored undead corpse with a level 1 old tree branch you picked up

#4 When running from something that wants to kill you its not a good strategy to run 50 yards then wait for them to catch up, then run 50 yards then wait for them to catch up, then run 50 yards and wait for them to catch up. You might try losing line of sight and hiding

#5 And never ever, ever ever try and fight a bunch of zombie by punching them in the mouth. That's Zombie Survival 101

#6 You will not always be able to win in any given situation. Like in life sometime all you can do is run.

On a side note you might want to mess with your video settings. It looks like you have you vision set real low. Your zombie are popping into view when they are close. You are not seeing them spawn far a way on the ground like you should

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Been playing on scavenger difficulty as I re-learn the game, this is not a very uncommon way my games go.

Note the day and time.

[video=youtube_share;CMzeT85q8hw]https://youtu.be/CMzeT85q8hw

Thanks for the vid, brightened up my morning after working 12 hours in the icu.

- - - Updated - - -

@Erik Louden-

My critique of your survival skills.

#3 Its not a good idea to try and kill a armored undead corpse with a level 1 old tree branch you picked up

#4 When running from something that wants to kill you its not a good strategy to run 50 yards then wait for them to catch up, then run 50 yards then wait for them to catch up, then run 50 yards and wait for them to catch up. You might try losing line of sight and hiding

#5 And never ever, ever ever try and fight a bunch of zombie by punching them in the mouth. That's Zombie Survival 101

#6 You will not always be able to win in any given situation. Like in life sometime all you can do is run.

On a side note you might want to mess with your video settings. It looks like you have you vision set real low. Your zombie are popping into view when they are close. You are not seeing them spawn far a way on the ground like you should

Thats some solid advice there.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill admit it i got a bit of a rush just reading that exchange lol.

Sometimes jax, i think youre a vampire that drinks conflict lol.

Player Resets

Done-pinedepin

Done-obsidianmcbovril

*All resets are done around 8AM EST. Please post your 17 number Steam ID with your request to have your player reset on The Official True Survival Server

ip : 172.96.166.18

port : 24565

password : dead

*Current players please make sure your files are current before logging in.

*First time players before logging into the Server for the first time please start up a SP game to insure you have the Mod installed properly

I apologize if this has already been answered (I've looked through the first 50 pages of this thread and didn't see an answer). How the heck do you get sticks? The Bow & Arrow quest implies that you can find them, but all I've found so far are branches. Is there any sort of beginners guide for the mod?

By the way, this is a phenomenally well crafted mod. Nice work!

Edited by Kalen (see edit history)

For those having problems choosing their Profession please follow these complex and unorthodox instructions

Step one - Make sure you have the mod installed properly by starting a SP game before joining the server the first time.

Step two - Log into the server

Step three - Craft your Profession Kit

Step four - Place you Profession Kit on solid ground(not on top of grass or water)

Step five - Punch or use key to unlock Profession Kit

Step six - Open Profession Kit

Step seven - Hit "R"

Done

I know this is very complicated and challenging, if you need me to make a video please let me know{sarcasm off}

- - - Updated - - -

@Kalen-

The 32 Starting quest explain a lot of the new systems and feature of the mod. Also the rest is explained in detail in your Journal with "Mod Notes"

The mod uses the scrap function for many things like crafting sticks. Try scraping everything you can to see what it breaks down into it is not always the same as vanilla.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@Kalen-

The 32 Starting quest explain a lot of the new systems and feature of the mod. Also the rest is explained in detail in your Journal with "Mod Notes"

The mod uses the scrap function for many things like crafting sticks. Try scraping everything you can to see what it breaks down into it is not always the same as vanilla.

Thank! I can't believe I overlooked scrapping.

Hi there, does anyone know if there is a way to change part of an xml file without the 7dtd launcher overwriting it at each game launch, for example I am trying to slow down the angry chickens slightly (my aim is not quick enough), i have found the chicken in entity classes xml in the config file and edited it accordingly, but when i launch the game through the launcher, it creates a new folder called temp mods and inside is a new config file/entityclasses xml which has overwritten my edit.

I have tried unchecking "refresh mods automatically" on the launcher to see if that did anything, but then the game does not load at all

Thankyou in advance

Been playing on scavenger difficulty as I re-learn the game, this is not a very uncommon way my games go.

Note the day and time.

[video=youtube_share;CMzeT85q8hw]https://youtu.be/CMzeT85q8hw

Same me was hard on 1st day always killed me by fast run zombies is cheated because running out of stamina & my club level 1 too weak, I have good idea turn off zombies spawn on 1-3 day build up strength & setup any house then turn on come back spawn zombies.

Wow look badly hill on video that why I modded rwgmixer.xml make nice bit flatten land & less hilly & few water because I don't like hill cause hard to run uphill & blocked view any zombies come.

Edited by Wolves Hero (see edit history)

Same me was hard on 1st day always killed me by fast run zombies is cheated because running out of stamina & my club level 1 too weak, I have good idea turn off zombies spawn on 1-3 day build up strength & setup any house then turn on come back spawn zombies.

Wow look badly hill on video that why I modded rwgmixer.xml make nice bit flatten land & less hilly & few water because I don't like hill cause hard to run uphill & blocked view any zombies come.

i would say it's not cheated. i've already witness around 6 other players in the official test server that are able to survive their first couple of days spawning into the game without dying. some have luck, some maybe not, but let's say that there's really some other way to survive your first couple days of spawning into the game, other than just having a running contest with the zombies, you'll definitely lose hahah try figure some other way to escape from the zombie's onslaught, make use of your surroundings xD its fun if you think of it as a challenge xP

Hi there, does anyone know if there is a way to change part of an xml file without the 7dtd launcher overwriting it at each game launch, for example I am trying to slow down the angry chickens slightly (my aim is not quick enough), i have found the chicken in entity classes xml in the config file and edited it accordingly, but when i launch the game through the launcher, it creates a new folder called temp mods and inside is a new config file/entityclasses xml which has overwritten my edit.

I have tried unchecking "refresh mods automatically" on the launcher to see if that did anything, but then the game does not load at all

Thankyou in advance

Unclick Refresh mods automatically, and make your changes under TempMods/ folder. The launcher will copy the TempMods files into your environment each time.

Refresh mods download a new set of files under TempMods.

Unclick Refresh mods automatically, and make your changes under TempMods/ folder. The launcher will copy the TempMods files into your environment each time.

Refresh mods download a new set of files under TempMods.

This is what i thought, but the game doesnt get past "Loading Items" if i make my changes in the temp mods config folder and leave refresh mods button unclicked

This is what i thought, but the game doesnt get past "Loading Items" if i make my changes in the temp mods config folder and leave refresh mods button unclicked

Sounds like you may have an issue in your changes, and something that breaks the parsing. Have you ran through an XML validator or Notepad++ with the XML Tools plugin?

i would say it's not cheated. i've already witness around 6 other players in the official test server that are able to survive their first couple of days spawning into the game without dying. some have luck, some maybe not, but let's say that there's really some other way to survive your first couple days of spawning into the game, other than just having a running contest with the zombies, you'll definitely lose hahah try figure some other way to escape from the zombie's onslaught, make use of your surroundings xD its fun if you think of it as a challenge xP

I am singleplayer not server, now I level 34 & 50th day lucky 1 pistol & 3 crossbow :), yeah sometime bad luck killed by fat or armor or speedy zombie on 2-3rd times on 1st day too early, attempted get setup house.

I realize most 7D2D players just simply refuse to read anything in game but it sounds like you are not following the very first tip I give you. This is the text you see as soon as you spawn the first time pulled straight from the game files

"Welcome Survivor,

Forget what you know about 7 Days to Die it will not help you here. Approach this Mod from a fresh perspective or you will surely be eaten by the horde or surcome to the elements."

You must adapt and not be so ridged in your vanilla play style that instead of accepting the challenge and testing your self you would prefer to just make the game easier. Please if you are going to edit the files to make the mod easier !DO NOT! tell or brag about surviving in True Survival because you are not.

@pinedepin-

Post your steam id and ill reset you with the morning server restart. Please make sure you loot and use everything in the profession case.

Hi Spider, my bad all along, my steam 7D2D was A16.3... I downgraded to A16.2 and it works perfectly !

When you released mod, it certainly did work cause A16.3 wasn't out IIRC, then the copy the mod created of the game was a A16.2 version, that's why it did most probably work, even if my steam 7D2D became A16.3 in the meantime.

Anyway, sorry for the hassle and don't hesitate to indicate to dwongrade to A16.2 in your "advice for installation" post, it might be useful and solve problems for dummies like me ;)

Again, thx for that mod !

From the front page-

Fastest Easiest Way To Play True Survival A16.2 is to download and install the 7d2dModLauncher from here-

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Mod Launcher Instructions-

1. Remove 7D2D from your system completely & manually delete any remaining files in the 7D2D folder that are left after uninstalling.
  2. Re-DL 7D2D on Steam.
  3. After it's finished downloading, right click and go to Properties -> Betas -> Choose 16.2. Wait for the game to downgrade back to 16.2.
  4. Now open 7D2D launcher and expand the "True Survival" on the top left. Highlight True Survival 16.2 and UN-Check "Use EAC" then click Play.

It says 16.2 four times in just that part

- the zed was between me and downhill so I ran up to get some distance from it than ran downhill

- I wasn't picking flowers it was a bird's nest and I was hoping there was some feathers in there to make arrows

Did you see the day and time? I have been playing less than 10m on day 1. I had a level 1club and a level 5 club. I guess I could grind clubs right at the start but I'm usually racing against the clock to find a place to base up.

#4 When running from something that wants to kill you its not a good strategy to run 50 yards then wait for them to catch up, then run 50 yards

then wait for them to catch up, then run 50 yards and wait for them to catch up. You might try losing line of sight and hiding

- When I stopped I crouched trying to break line of sight but I kept running into more running zombies. Also I was out of stamina so I was trying to regen some before sprinting again.

- Those are the only weapons you have left and i was out of stamina, fists were all I had left.

- Agreed, the vid was poking fun at myself not a knock against TS. Honestly if hadn't run into that 2nd running soldier zombie I probably would of survived.

On a side note you might want to mess with your video settings. It looks like you have you vision set real low. Your zombie are popping into view when they are close. You are not seeing them spawn far a way on the ground like you should.

- Vid/Range settings were on max and I saw no instances of popping in zombies when watching the vid.

First of all, to all those working on this: Thanks! Makes the game so much better.

Now, could anyone shed some light on how to progress in bladecrafting skills? On page 113/114 it says repairing or crafting any blade (or repairing loot only blade) increases bladecrafting skill. However, isn't repairing those also locked behind bladecrafting skills?

I think I'm missing something.

I think my post got overlooked because it had to be approved by a mod. Does anyone have suggestions for me? :)

- the zed was between me and downhill so I ran up to get some distance from it than ran downhill

One of the strategies I use when I'm being chased by a fast zed and I'm going to lose out on the stamina battle is to LOOK for a STEEP hill. I've found that you can spam JUMP while running up it and they can't keep up with you, even if you have low stamina :)